Womens Running

(Over40) It is a run kinda weekend (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 for me. Now puppy pool.

Good luck Laura. Any other racers?

Still raining here. Looks like Weill be a wet day.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ugh, what a busy week.  Hoping next week is less hectic.  I think I have worked 80 hours this week and I am not done (should do some hours tomorrow).  8 miles tonight.

Marjorie, nice run.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Thanks all for the condolences. I remember after meeting her thinking I hoped I'd run into her more often after races because she was really cool. Her husband and kids have a tough road ahead, and the whole running, cycling and tri community is just stunned. But life will go on.

Amy, good to see you around here! I saw your race results on fb. Sorry it didn't go as well as you'd hoped.

Laura, I hope Crim went well!

Ginny, I feel so bad for you and your toxic work environment (you too Laura). It really does make all the difference in the world. I absolutely loved my job the first five years I was there (there were some toxic people, but they were overshadowed by all the good people). Once the toxic people were given more power and the good people started leaving, the place got bad. To the point I'm thankful I was laid off. I wish I could tell you something you could do to make it better.

Morning Marjorie and Damaris! We are having lovely weather this weekend (highs only around 80, low humidity and sunshine)! So not typical for August, but I'm loving it. I did 6 easy this morning, 18 (with 12 at MP) on tap for tomorrow morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy!  50 mile bike ride this morning.  It was pouring at my house, but not out where we were riding.  I think we finished just before it started raining there.  Overcast and a little cooler too.  OMG!!!  I tried out my blast knuckles taser----IT IS THE BOMB!!  It is shaped like brass knuckles, easy to hold while riding.  Flip the on switch, push the button--BZZZZZZ!!!  Stops the loose dogs in their tracks.  I am a real spaz, so if it works for me, it is really good.  I ordered it on Amazon.  You don't have to actually touch them.  It is pretty loud and the dogs were in their yards and coming out to chase us.

Raining now.  So glad I got my ride in!

Have a great day!!

Happy weekend to everyone!  DH and I did a running field trip over to Tilden Park in Berkeley (about an hour away) today for a 22 mile trail run with some RC friends.   Good hard workout with lots of hills in a very nice park.  One of my running buddies asked me to pace him for the second half of a 50 miler that will be on those trails in October.  Our running styles are pretty compatible (not fast, we both believe in walk breaks, especially on those hills) so I think it will work out well.

Laura, hope your race went well!

Marjorie, nice miles and hope puppy pool was enjoyable.

Damaris, ugh on 80 hour weeks!  Hopefully next week is better.

Karen, I read your posts about the tri athlete that was killed.  So tragic and senseless.  My heart goes out to her family.

CrazySue, sounds like you made great discovery!  Too bad the dog owners don't take responsibility for keeping their pets under control.

Lisa, hoping your knee is cooperating!

Sorry that many of you have such wet weather.  Beautiful day here and it's just about time for our Indian summer (is that politically incorrect?  I'm not actually sure where the expression comes from).  Anyway, you know what I mean.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby bird--great run!!  One of my friends did a 50 miler yesterday in Colorado(?).  She said it was 98F!  She was second female overall.  Don't remember her time.  She is awesome.

Ugh.  Rain.  I ran about two miles and when I turned the corner saw the storm clouds and heard the thunder.  Went home and made coffee and the bottom fell out.  Pouring!!!  Will have to go to the gym after church to finish.

Guess I will knit till church.  Not a total loss.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Finished 18 with the last 8 @ MP.  Weather was hideous (95F and 77DP) even though I started at 5:30am.

Karen, oh, my, that is such a hard loss.  I'll be thinking of the family.  Enjoy the wonderful weather.

Gatsby, jealous of your running field trip.  Sounds lovely.

Sue, sorry about the thunder.  Hope you can squeeze a run sometime later.

Have a great day!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.2. My stomach was very wonky at 430 am. I laid back down for 3 hours. Decided to run anyways. Felt fine by then. Knew I've trained my body well to use glycogen stores. It sure needed them today since I know what I ate yesterday was all gone. Glad this doesn't happen as much as it used to. Been a long time since it did this. I didn't eat anything different. Just was time for it to rebel

Great running Damaris

Sue I have a dazzer I take sometimes. Does to same thing. I can clip it to my shorts. I will take it if I think I will be running this one street that a dig is usually loose on. I don't go down it very often. But nice to have when I do.

Gatsby I don't mind too much wet weather. It keeps it a bit cooler when I run

Karen hope the 18 went well. .

Marjorie

ginnyb

5 miles this morning and felt pretty good.  Calf didn't bother me at all, but now right hamstring is a little niggly,  Hopefully just temporary.  I have been using my stik.

Beautiful day today, just got home after watching 2 softball games, both 10 year old GD's played today and both won.  I love watching them play.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Just put DH on a plane to the UK to crew for a friend of his who's on a relay team swimming the English channel.  I'm okay at swimming, preferably in a pool or at least warm tropical water, but cannot imaging doing that!  My legs were a little creaky this morning so I'll do a short recovery run later today.

CrazySue, sounds like your friend did an amazing job under very tough conditions at that 50 miler!   Bummer about the thunderstorm thwarting your running plans.

Damaris, holy cow, way to HFTU in terrible heat on your run today!

Marjorie, hopefully the stomach issue passes soon.

GinnyB, watching GDs softball games sounds like a delightful way to spend the day.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby oh the stomach is fine. My stomach is the most sensitive stomach ever. Really. I eat very differently than most people could ever imagine. The list of what I can eat is short. If I don't run it isn't a problem. But I love to run so I have accepted what I can and cannot eat. Even then, it will act up sometimes. I just deal with it. I may whine a bit but it is going to always be this way.

Glad the calf is better Ginny

laundry and ironing done. Nails painted. I've been busy.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

18 miles this morning for my first ever 70 mile week. 70.7 to be exact. I am beat. The last 12 were supposed to be at marathon pace, and they mostly were up until the last few. I got a late start, it was getting hot, I was tired, and it was a struggle. So I sort of ran them like my last marathon, with the last miles not as fast as they should be! I don't think I'm supposed to train for a crash and burn though.....oh well, overall pretty pleased.

Heading for the couch for a little downtime, maybe even a nap. Hope I can stay awake until Breaking Bad comes on!

Looks like some nice runs this weekend.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Made it back out after church for 6 miles.    I got to the beach and the sun hit and I just wilted.  How do y'all handle the heat?  I  still have problems running in the summer.