Womens Running

Speedwork Wednesdailies (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

30mins till meeting. Hoping to survive. 12k w 2x1k at 10k pace planned in the evening.

Tessa,

Elina, the evening sounded good until you mentioned Excel. You relax with a spreadsheet?

The amount of focus needed to not screw smth up in a spreadsheet that has 8 pages linked to each other in endless chains... It sounds counterintuitive, but yes - it can sometimes be relaxing in its own way. It took 40mins just to remember how things work there (created the case-specific template few months ago).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Heading to the vet with Bugsy for retesting, etc. I'll have him chipped while there.

I have 6 with 2 @ MP and weights tonight.  I think I'm going to skip OTF this week to rest the legs a bit from the speedwork.  I can catch up later.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 rainy miles for me. Scratch that..DOWNPOUR miles!

I love a rainy run..but this was a downpour. I was in the mood to listen to my podcast! BUMMER. It wasn't raining when I started but started downpouring around mile 2. It was a cold rain but luckily we warmed up overnight to the 50's. Was weird to be wearing shorts and a tee Smile Not a bad run! Actually felt pretty darn awesome. Arms are trashed from body pump yesterday.

My higher ups called out the vendor and someone from HR (the vendors HR) is going to call me today. I was second guessing everything and trying to see if it was even worth it..but I really do feel uncomfortable walking around in our cafe because of this dude. So, I know its the right thing. I have never made a claim before so we will see how this goes. Luckily my higher ups have a 0 tolerance and they want him removed from the site.

OH...speaking of sexual things...I picked up Ruger from daycare yesterday and they told me he had to be put in time out! I was like oh no..I thought he started a fight or something. NO...he humped another dogs FACE!! LOL! A blind pug! WTF. Ruger!! I started laughing and apologized but she said she was laughing too. I told HCBF and his response was "THATS MY DOG!" LOL.

Kilmisters – Glad the practice and run helped yesterday! Whew, good luck on the speedwork! You WILL survive Smile I was kinda missing the speedwork this week believe it or not. Helps change things up. Hey, we all have different things that help us relax! I relax with a long run!

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday! I don’t know how you run after lunch!! My stomach would be like..NOPE. I make 2 trips a week to the grocery, too! I actually do the bigger trip during the week since there are less people. You would never know that my entire job is customer facing..though that may be why I hate people.,

Tessa – Thank you, that is a good idea. I will screenshot all of the FB stuff. Apple pie? YUM!!! Oh and anything improves with SWEETS!!!

HuronHeart – What kind of circuit class did you do? What a LONG day! 5 meetings on Thanksgiving week, WHAT!?

Docket – Good luck at the vet and good luck tonight with the run. Smart of skipping OTF!

Cathy - Alright. I need some tips on some PF exercises. I have it pretty bad in my left foot..I don't really think its from running..I think its from my boots! I taped it this morning but its still annoying me. I have been using a frozen water bottle most of the day on it..anything else? Calf raises do nothing for me for some reason.

I have a 10 miler this Friday..I MAY switch it to tomorrow since I am off. That way I wouldnt have to get up at 3:30am on Friday to get it done. We will see..I am always hesitant to do 4 days in a row of running. Might just see how I feel in the morning.

Have a great day everyone! Happy Cooking! I know I have cooking to do when I get home today!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Morning everyone. Like Ginny I've not been doing anything so not much to report. Went to the beach yesterday and it was SIL and GD first time. He had fun but GD didn't like sand on her and the water was cold...lol. my brother is coming and bringing a smoked turkey he made on his grill thing. He'll do most of the cooking cause he's good at that.

I'm on my tablet and typing is a pain so HI everyone have a wonderful thanksgiving.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, good for you making the complaint. The unacceptable behavior on his part was bad enough at work, but getting creepy. This sounds like stalking…sneaking in under the radar and raises a red flag for sure.

Tuesday I started out to do all the holiday shopping and finished. I got cabin socks and cabin gloves for myself, then went down to run in the park for 35 minutes. I forgot my inhaler and it was a harder run for that reason.

Today I’m planning a run down in the park if it’s not slippery. Not sure yet.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday!  Very quiet at work today, seems like most people decided to take the day off.  Kids are off school today also.  I have a short day today!  I work a half day, and I will get my stitches out and hit the grocery store, haircuts with the girls this afternoon.  Then I can relax.     Foot feels OK but I may just rest it another day.  Our next 5K in the Winter Series is not until Dec 31, so I may as well take advantage of the time to rest.  

Elina, ooh, that speedwork sounds like fun.  

Damaris, my legs would be tired from the 10K.  

Lizzie, nice job getting the miles done in the rain!  Sucks about the situation with the vendor.  I hope they get it straightened out and he does not show up again.  OMG, that is funny about Ruger!   When the PF pain is acute, I don't do calf raises.  That seems to make it worse!  I would stick with the ice, rolling a ball underneath, Epsom bath and just massaging and gently stretching the area.  The toe spreading socks helped me too.    Otherwise stretching the calves helped me, but that was because tight calves were part of the issue.  That may not help you if you think your boots caused it.  Is the pain in the arch or the heel?  Getting some cheap insoles with the gel in the heel like Dr. Scholls may also help if the pain is in the heel.  Or one with a little bit of arch support if the pain is in your arch.  It would be nice if you didn't have to get up super early to run!  

HH-Kathy, 5 meetings?  I guess it made the day go fast.    The circuit training class sounds like fun!

Tessa, DD made a comment after the race about how a lot of people where chicked.    Funny that you get that during races!  I think you asked about DD and a sub 30?  Well, she kind of got that in the first race in the series.  She got a 29:58 but the course was short.  It wasn't horribly short, but she was running over a 10:00 min mile in the last mile so I knew she really would not have gotten a sub 30.  The average pace according to Garmin was 9:47.  We had a discussion about short courses and whether or not it was a "real" PR.    For now she is counting it, I said that was fine.     She actually ran much better in the last race so I am sure she will get a sub 30 sometime in the series with 4 races to go.

Kat, funny that you made a turkey already!

Sandy, hope you are feeling better today!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cathy

Seloc

Cathy - hooray for getting the stitches out and a possible run!  You are SUCH a model patient!  Insta is pretty fun - just pictures   My sister just got a Snapchat account and her kids are mortified LOL.  I draw the line, there.  Do your kids have phones, yet?  If not, I'm guessing they are pestering and EVERYONE has one?

Kat - hey, you got out there yesterday!  You know, I've been running for, oh, 30 years and have NEVER lost a toenail.  Even back in the day when I wore a random pair of Nikes from Kohls in my regular shoe size (I size up one size now) and cotton socks.  That's great you can go to a friend's tomorrow and nice job getting Tommy all cooked up!  A previous employer used to give everyone turkeys every year and I always enjoyed cooking it up and having all those leftovers.  For some reason, I cannot ever be bothered to go buy one, though haha

Elina - girl, your schedule never ceases to amaze me.  I'm actually a bit envious of all your energy!  Still on the n/a beer?  Is that to avoid sharing with mini-K?  Sorry, if that's being nosy!  Good luck with your meeting!  Good luck with your speedwork (though, unlikely that is needed )

Tessa - oh, I forgot to comment on the bath for the kit kats...  not only would that smell but how on EARTH are you going to get them in there??  Mine would FREAK.  Hope your meeting went better than anticipated!  Did the cookies help?

Damaris - hope Bugsy is doing well!

Lizzie - oh, girl, I am SO SORRY you had to file a SH claim.  WTF?!  That just fires me up.  All the crap in the news and everything makes me sooooooooooooo angry.  I was able to ditch out early yesterday and spend the afternoon on the couch.  And I seem to have some sort of cold yuck.  Stuffy head, sore throat, yuck.  Made myself a virgin hot toddy last night haha

HCK - nice run!  Do you run during work hours?  Man, I wish I could run at lunch (I would probably go before and then eat at my desk) but we do not have shower facilities.

HH - I LOVE those circuit training classes!  I used to go to one all the time but then they changed instructors and it became far less than remotely challenging and not worth the $$ IMO.  Oh, man, cold, dark and rainy is yuck.  Nice job hopping on the dreadmill.  Yuck on all the meetings!  Has your replacement started?  Have you started the countdown to retirement?!!

Lizzie2 - I am SO GLAD you are being taken seriously and getting action so quickly on the SH claim!  That must feel relief.  I think as females we are conditioned to deflect and try to deal with that crap ourselves.  You absolutely did the right thing!  That is NEVER okay.  Wowzers on the downpour run!  Glad it was warmish, though.  Too funny about Ruger LOL  Oh, I TOTALLY get not wanting to deal with people on your own time - you get enough of it all day at work!  I really don't know how you can do the grocery twice a week, though LOL.  I think I'm going to do delivery again on Friday.  It'll cost me 5.99 but I'm telling myself it's worth it haha.  What are you cooking tonight?  And, I forget if you already told us but what are you doing tomorrow?

Hi Diane - sounds like a lovely time with family.  Smoked turkey sounds GOOD!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Judy - wow, impressive you got all your shopping done!  Have a good run - stay safe if it's slippery!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  Left work early yesterday and spent the afternoon on the couch.  The ocular migraine, I think, was caused by the sun shining right in my eye all morning at work.  It's happened before when I look at something super bright and then you look away and you can see spots but then it just lingers into squiggly lines.  It's more annoying than anything and usually goes away in 20-30min.    But, I have now also managed to pick up some sort of sickness.  Super stuffy head, sore throat and gunky lungs.  Nothing major but I NEVER get sick so am being a big baby haha.  I did stay up and watch This Is Us, though.  Anyone watch?  So freakin' sad.  I am IN LOVE with Toby.  I need to find myself a Toby.

I really wanted to get myself out for a 3mi shuffle this morning just to convince myself I still know how to run but the temp was in the single digits.  Then I logged on to work and had 3 people IMing me before 6am.  Whine whine whine.  At least the sun is shining?  Tomorrow's 10K trot will be just that - a trot.  At least it should be in the 20*s.  Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Sandy, I'm glad the headache is gone, hope the other icky stuff goes away quickly!  I don't blame you for not running with all that going on.  I would just rest.    Older DD just got a phone.  She really didn't ask too much for one, younger DD has asked more.    Work pays for my phone and DH got a family plan with his parents.  Apparently it wasn't much more to add another phone so he got one for DD.  Man, I don't know if I can handle another super sad This is Us.  Having lost 2 babies myself makes it particularly tough.  Both DD's were sad after the last episode!  Poor Kevin.  Though younger DD was asking about watching this one, so I guess she took it OK.   I wasn't sure about Toby at first but he's grown on me.  

Seloc

Cathy - oh, gosh, I am so sorry you have lost two babies!!  Yes, I would imagine this episode will then be ESPECIALLY sad!!  Yeah, they really portray Toby in a good light.  I mean, are there REALLY guys out there that are that nice??  Maybe I'm just a jaded single chick at this point LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Elina, I also love spreadsheets. Must be the finance/accounting/math background!  Hope you survived the workout.

Lizzie, nice run, but sorry for the downpour.  Also, it is never bad to say what happened or how you feel and I suspect others might have already complained about it or will thanks to you.  And OMG, LOL at Ruger.  Humping a dog's face!!!!!  And a poor blind pug?  LOL. Is he fixed?  I don't recall.

Diane, glad you're not spending Thanksgiving cooking but rather relaxing.  Enjoy the beach time.

Judy, don't forget your inhaler today and enjoy!

Cathy, oh, my legs are tired.  Work is semi quiet here but we are also open on Friday so everybody has been saving to take off them.  Well, not everybody but most of us.

Sandy, sorry about the migraine!  Hoping the post migraine effect is not too bad.

Damaris

LC Runs

Hey Everyone,

3 on the TM this morning.  I was hoping to do 5 but I just couldn't seem to force myself to keep going.  I opted for some upper body weight work instead.

Elina - I'm assuming you survived your meeting LOL.  Have a great day (or hope you had a great day)!

Damaris - hope Bugsy has a good vet appointment!

Kathy/HH - ugh back to back to back meetings do not sound fun at all, hope today is better!

Lizzie - ugh that is awful about the harassment stuff, why do people do that stuff?  I hate to say 'men' because I know sometimes it's women who are the harassers, but WTF??  That is funny about Ruger ha ha!!

Diane - ahhh, the beach sounds so nice!  I remember my kids having issues with the sand when they were little, kind of funny!!

Judy - wow, that is a productive day!  I can't wait to say I've finished my shopping, though I guess that means I have to start my shopping 

Cathy - hope you get to relax soon, sounds like a lot going on for you today!

Sandy - glad the migraine is gone, that sounds awful!  I need to catch up on This is Us, I really like it but I haven't even finished the first season.  I was going to play catch up when BF was gone last week, but, well, he wasn't gone last week!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, hope the meeting went well.

Damaris, glad Bugsy has a good new home.  _^.^_

Lizzie, sorry you had such a wet run.  Funny about Ruger.  Good luck with your run if you decide on tomorrow.

Diane, smoked turkey?  YUM!!!

Judy, Happy Thanksgiving back at you!

Cathy, grocery store, the afternoon before Thanksgiving?  You are a brave woman!!

Sandy, yes, I watched This is Us, I cried...  Toby was great.  20's tomorrow, holy moly, that is too damned cold.  Good luck at the trot.

Laura, good on the 3.  It is always disappointing not to get what we want, but at least we were there.

I got up late, AGAIN...  This is becoming a habit.  A bad one, but on that feels oh so nice.  I woke up at 7:30 feeling rested, rolled over to get up, and started petting the beasts that were bumped up against me.  Morning routine.  Then, lo and behold it is 9:30.  I did manage to get 4 tolerable but not great miles in.  Tomorrow...  I really need to get up earlier and get out there.  I have to leave at noon for dinner, it is an hour+ drive.

I still haven't made the gravy, maybe tonight.  I desperately need to come home and make a dessert for tomorrow.  I was SO tired last night I just flopped on the couch.  We were actually busy at work yesterday.  I bet we will be slow today and Friday.

Shoot, time for a shower.  And make a yummy turkey sandwich or two.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Slow day. I got SO MUCH Christmas shopping done! I need a few things for my mom and then im DONE. There were a lot of early black Friday sales... Smile

I talked with HR and the situation should be "addressed" today. I will know more next week. Not sure if they will remove him or not..we will see.

I am sure MAMMEL won't let us go early..but need to head to Walmart before I go home. UGH. Last place I want to go but just want to get it done. Then I have to start cooking when I get home!

Judy – Yes, I really didn’t see it as stalking until the HR woman had said it. Slippery? From snow?!?! Holiday shopping..you mean gifts for other people? If you are done with that I will bow down to you right now.

Cathy – VERY quiet here today, too! It will probably be even worse Friday. Yay for half day and getting stitches out!! Have fun with the haircuts! Those are always fun Smile Completely agree about the calf raises making it worse. Not sure why? Glad I am not the only one. I thought for a while I was doing them wrong somehow. Haha. Thanks for the tips! I am going to try more stretching..including the calf area. HCBF was massaging my foot the other night..maybe I need to tell him to do it more often Smile The pain is in the arch..I may take a look at the Dr Scholls things. Thanks! DD will defiantly get a sub 30. I am sorry that you’ve lost two babies Sad I can’t even imagine..

Sandy – So, do cats never get baths? I am jealous if not. Giving Ruger a bath is a pain in the butt. Glad you were able to leave work early yesterday!! You need some rest Smile MMM a hot toddy sounds good. Oh, during the winter my mom makes these drinks called “Snow plows”. Baileys, hot chocolate, Kahlua and chocolate liqueur. MMMMM SO GOOD. But only tastes good in the winter time of course. You made me feel better about making the claim J Actually the HR woman made me feel better about it too. She made it seem like it was my “right”. They did make quick action so I am happy about that! Delivery the day after Thanksgiving is VERY smart. I would pay the $5.99, too!! I am cooking sweet potato casserole and buckeyes (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate). I am going to HCBF’s families house. My brother is hosting and he is a good 2-3 hours away..I didn’t want to spend most of my day in the car. I would have to be home same day since I work Friday. Plus, I will be seeing them when baby comes. First Thanksgiving without my family! Should be interesting. Smart on resting today to get better. I take it you are WFH? Good luck tomorrow! Even if it’s a “trot” that is still okay! SmileDo you get any swag? We have a local one I almost did..but it was $80!!!! $80 for a 10K? NO.

All of the sadness from “This is Us” makes me glad I am not watching it. LOL.

Docket – YES Ruger is fixed hahaha. I guess it still feels good LOL.

Laura – Nice job with the weights. I am surprised you opted for that over running hahah. Are you hosting Thanksgiving??

Kathryn – Argh, good luck getting through the slow day! Its hard! Why is sleeping in a bad habit? If your schedule allows it, then go for it! Nice job with the 4. What dessert are you bringing?! OMG I cant wait to eat a turkey sandwich!

Diane – My mom always tells me stories how I hated the sand when I was a kid. Haha. Have a great time and smoked turkey sounds SO GOOD!!!

Have a great night everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving to those who won't be on tomorrow!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie - okay, quick response because I am laughing about cats getting a bath.  That, typically, is a big fat NO.  Sorry, not laughing AT you - just laughing at what I know my cats reaction would be LOL.  They bathe themselves.  Constantly, it seems.  Well, mine does.  Your mom's winter cocktail sounds very rich!  And dangerous!  Reminds me of one Thanksgiving MANY years ago (2004 maybe?) I got into the chocolate martinis.  Oh my.  I did NOT get off the couch the next day!  I remember I had to cancel a date I felt so poorly!  Good reason for me  to stick to beer and wine haha  OMG I would not spend $80 on a TT no matter what the swag.  Mine was $35 when I signed up in April (part of 4 races) and I got a long sleeve tech.  So, minimal swag but relatively inexpensive race.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm your buckeyes sound good and I'm not even a desert person!  Have fun with HCBFs family and here's hoping baby comes soon!

Kat - ahhhhhhhh your morning with the beasts sounds relaxing.  Do they really let you sleep and not grumble for food?  Rarely can I get my rat to go back to sleep.  Yep, he has me trained.  Hope your day isn't too busy.  Have fun with your friends tomorrow!!

Laura - 3 on the dreadmill is all I EVER can muster!

My 1pm meeting was canceled so I'll hang out online for another couple hours and then shut er down for 4 days!  Whoop Whoop!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 miles today with 6 minutes at HM-ish pace and 8 x 1 minute at 5k-ish pace. If I come anywhere near the pace I ran the 6 minute interval, I will be very happy. Wind was kicking up too.

Seloc, I took the week off work. In theory, if I were to switch back to 1 hour for lunch, I could get a short run in. That said, it would NOT go over well as I work in a school and the staff working with kids don't really get lunch. Also, I work in East Baltimore. It ain't exactly the safest area. I get e-mails from the security department about be very careful walking on the campus, don't walk alone, lock all doors and windows, etc. I'll stick with my 30 minute lunch and get off earlier.

Lizzie, the humping can be a display of dominance, so may want to have them watch it. My female dog constantly tried to hump my leg, or if I was laying on the floor, sometimes my head.

Turtles, yay to getting the stitches out. I forgot the schools aren't closed here today and felt a little odd running across the grounds of the elementary school.

Hi Everyone!