Womens Running

Twofer Tuesday (Read 13 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Nothing more in the title than it is Tuesday, and the radio station does Twofers.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Tuesday to y'all.

Quiet day here at work.  Way quiet.  We shall see how it turns out since it's only 9am.

Re-twisted my ankle late Sunday.  Was bad yesterday, but better today.  Still limping, but not the nearly nauseous pain of yesterday.  Was hoping for a Thursday walk, now hoping for Sunday.

Really not much.

K

I slept like a baby last night thank goodness.  Had a good spin class, and I am ready for the day.

Kat--careful with the ankle!!!

Hope everyone is off to a good Tuesday...two months and I will be retired!!!!!!

Howdy!  Ready for more of the same old, same old at work.  Today is another SRD. Have an ortho appointment tomorrow for the left ankle, but it’s doing ok now. I feel silly going in, but I still want a referral to PT to get some advice on strengthening it. It still feels sort of off.  

Kat, sorry your ankle isn’t doing well. Did you try using an ankle brace?

CrazySue, yay for retirement!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

60 minutes running on TM Monday. When I sleep in, running is so much easier. Also the same for when I rest 2 days in a row. Maybe I should change my running pattern of days.

25 minutes running on TM today to help rest the bunion / toe

Kats, it hurts even to read your ankle post. Sorry about the pain. It really must be awful.

HCK 2.0, ugh on the sleep problem.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, brace is SUPPOSED to be delivered today.  We shall see.

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 6 later. Busy day for me.

WFH but last night Gracie showed us a tooth hanging down from her mouth; wouldn't let us touch her. It's her second tooth. Then Sammy was dragging her leg last night, so off she went too. Apparently none seem to be bad, just watch Gracie because there is a genetic condition that weakens the smallest teeth and they think it's that and Sammy they think it was the matted hair under it. We'll see.

Then I went to Meijer in the rain and got the wrong thing for hubby so now I have to go back again. And I have a meeting in an hour so it will have to wait.

Kat, ugh! I normally reinjure my bad ankle just walking. Be careful today and tomorrow.

Damaris

Welp, guess what government agency is rescinding full time telework?  Yep, mine.  Thanks for nothing, Commissioner. Be interesting to see how it works in practice since we gave up the lease on our SF office space.  They’re saying 3 days in office, 2 days telework. I don’t like it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Welp, guess what government agency is rescinding full time telework?  Yep, mine.  Thanks for nothing, Commissioner. Be interesting to see how it works in practice since we gave up the lease on our SF office space.  They’re saying 3 days in office, 2 days telework. I don’t like it.

FFS. I feel like they never learned anything from the pandemic AND you guys were at max TW BEFORE the pandemic. Makes no sense. BTW, Reddit says it's only SSA HQ?

We are at 3/2. We hate it.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I did something. 20 minute walk on the treadmill (at least that didn't seem to make it smoke) plus core work. Still not feeling 100% and still testing postive.

KatS, take care of the ankle. Hopefully the brace helps.

CrazySue, 2 months left has got to feel great.

GatsbyBird, if your office gave up the lease, exactly what office are you supposed to go into? And even if SSA HQ is on the opposite side of the beltway from me, we do not need any more people driving around here.

judyruns, I notice the same. When I run before work, my Garmin is usually less than impressed with my effort. After work is definitely better.

Docket, hope the cats are ok.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks. Apparently, none have anything bad. One had some matted hair under the paw and the other one is some genetic condition that some teeth get weak so we will be just watching.

Damaris

FFS. I feel like they never learned anything from the pandemic AND you guys were at max TW BEFORE the pandemic. Makes no sense. BTW, Reddit says it's only SSA HQ?

We are at 3/2. We hate it.

My component is considered part of SSA HQ.  However, as HCK pointed out, it's hard to order employees to return to an office when there is no office to go to.  We have been able to use space in the Oakland federal building since they eliminated our office last year, so perhaps we're all supposed to go there?  But another component also uses that space, and presumably they're also supposed to return to the office.  No idea how big that space is.  All TBD.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's all BS, ugh.

Damaris