Womens Running

Wonderful WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

I thought today was Thursday. My schedule is so messed up!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

.77 for me. LOL.

I got out there..and quickly found out that I am not ready yet. My hamstrings are still so sore that it was limiting my stride and making it 10x more difficult than it should have been. I was going to give it a few miles to warm up but decided to just give them another day of rest and not torture myself (thats what it felt like). My original plan was to run 4-5 today and take tomorrow off so I was back on schedule..so I will just switch days around. I will try again tomorrow! If they still aren't ready..then more rest! Proud of myself for resting! Am I getting wiser as I get older? LOL.

FYI - I am still on a high from that race. I keep picturing when I hit mile 25..there was a group of cheerleaders and coaches and they were cheering and I motioned them to get louder - they did Smile Then all the coaches were giving me high fives and saying "keep smiling keep smiling". What a great moment!

I am hoping for some GOOD NEWS TODAY. Geez, this waiting is killing me but also discouraging me.

Ginny - GOOD!! I am glad you see just how fantastic you look! Because - you really do!!! Smile

Kilmisters - CONGRATS on the win!!

Tessa - I need to read your race report! But congrats to DD!!

Okay I am off to work. Talk with everyone later!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cathy - That plan you sent me last year - that I am still using Smile - was that the intermediate plan? I am considering trying advanced if so for Fall.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Tessa – Your race reports are so detailed! Congratulations on getting Florida!!! You did awesome! You are right about distance running – it gives us the opportunity to see the country and meet some amazing people that end up being our closest friends! I had to laugh out loud at your chat with the hiker. He sure shared a lot of information with you! LOL. And the spider sacks? NOPE. I was have DNF’d right then and there. Ha. Great race report and congrats again!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Look at you all “grown” up and resting .  Hope you get the phone call you are waiting for.

Tessa - what a great RR.  Do you write it in your head when you are running...that would pass the time!

Ginny - You do look great!  That is a lot of inches.  You aren’t a big person, so 5 pounds is amazing!!! Hope you like your replacement trainer.

Lisa - How’s your injuries?  Are you flying to Pineland?

Ran in the Forest with RB, and did a face plant .  Luckily didn’t hurt anything.  Did track miles last night...I just couldn’t face go8ng out in the snow.

hi to All!

So, I was looking at Pineland....anyone doing the 25k there?

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish it was Thursday as well!

My 4 miler race was canceled due to a main water break and construction work on the route.  They shortened it to a 5K which I have no wish to run.  Grrrr.  6 and weights for me tonight.

Lizzie, it's good to move around but maybe next time start with a walk. Smile

Carol, ouch.  Hoping your face is OK.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, smart just resting if not ready.  Make sure you walk around and drink a lot of water, but you probably already know that   I like my Epson salt baths for recovery, and that darn Stick to roll areas.  Course I don't run like you do...I have my fingers crossed for good news today.

Tessa, I LOVE your RRs.  Growing up on the opposite side of FL from Tampa I'm well aware of the sand.  Back then I was riding my horse through it or walking to the beach.  Spent time in the Tampa area too.  Your RR made me miss FL, especially since I'm freezing here in my office today and the low tomorrow will be 26.

Carol, I think Ginny might be doing the 25k.  Since I've decided to do the Brazos Bend 50 miler in Dec I had to say no to Pinelands.  I can only afford one long distance event a year and BB has been on my list for awhile as a "want to".  Plus I have to go back and see parents in July or Aug and don't have that many PTO days.  I sure do wish I could meet all of you tho.  For me it's not a trail run without a face plant, ask Lisa, she saw enough of them at Hawk...lol.

Ginny I wish I looked as strong and good as you do.  You are such an inspiration.  You remind me I really need to get to the gym more, or at least do some body weight exercises.

Elina congrats on the win!

I have the most god awful headache again today and have internet training all day....bleh.   I just want to go home and crawl back into bed.  My little Jasper has to go to the vet.  He hasn't eaten since yesterday and even turned down a piece of cheese this morning.  I think it's his teeth.  Poor little guy.

Happy Hump Day!

Chiro yesterday helped. Did 4 miles this morning, first mile w the dogs.  Felt much better.

Tessa--great job!! I don't know how you do it.

Yay Lizzie--yes, if your legs say not ready, it is rest day!

Ginny--it takes FOREVER to lose weight!!  I am FINALLY back to my pre-holiday food frenzy weight. Whew! Now I want to drop another pound or two.....

I was almost late for work..."OOOh--I want to straighten this up. Wait--maybe I'll move the plants around...Hey--I want to clean out my make up box and straighten the closet and ....hey stupid--get to work!! Hahaha

Yay Elina on the floorball win!

Have a great day!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Wednesday all.

Lizzie, good job resting. Can't wait for news for you, it will be good.  Sweet about the race and still feeling so happy.

Carol, there are 2 other women doing the 25K I believe.  Lisa will know.  Come join in the fun!!

Sandy, hope your run today was better than yesterday's!  How was VB??

Sue, glad the chiro helped.

Ginny, inches gone?  That's great. Be proud of what you have accomplished.

Karen, enjoy your lazy week, quite jealous.

Cathy, yeah, a coffee mug doesn't quite beat a fleece blanket.

Elina, congrats on the win!

Diane, you will do great.  Just put one foot in front of the other.  I think that is what Tessa told me, good advice.  Wink  Hope your headache goes away quickly.

Tessa, glad you got FL.  Bummer for the marathon folks.

Damaris, sorry about the race.

Tuesday was a hashing day.  Nervous but I went out anyways.  Glad I did, folks were nice.  They were expecting 7-8 people and we easily had 15.  4 of us were vets from the conference!

Conference is going OK.  Food has gotten much better and more filling, though they keep running out.  I have 19 hours so far, was shooting for 34, but will be 1-2 short.  No biggie, I can pick them up next year, there are always local and free night CE's where you can get the occasional hour.

Tonight I am Ubering it to an off strip restaurant and meeting my Mom again.  She is not comfortable driving to the strip anymore.  Italian, looks yummy.

Looking forward to getting home tomorrow, it has been a long week.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was a day off running but 40 minutes of cardio dvd work.

Tuesday was a good 50 minute run. I’d like to go out but I suspect black ice will be in the park.

DC has little snowdrops and 5 little crocuses in his yard. Spring is trying hard to get here.

Today I plan a run inside.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Hump Day!  Not much new with me, still resting my feet and doing various exercises.     A "feels like" 10 degrees this morning, so I guess winter is back.  My co-worker asked about the possibility of taking her daughter's dog, her daughter just had a baby and the dog is not doing well.  They are going to try a few things before giving up though.  So stay tuned, we may or may not get a dog soon.  

Lizzie, nice pic, you've got some leg muscles!    Rest is good.    Hoping that you hear something today about the job!!   You have the advanced marathon plan.   Generally, with McMillan, the speedwork doesn't change too much as the plans advance though you may have a few more reps.  What does change is the overall mileage, so the warm-ups and cool-down lengths get bumped up and the other runs bumped up.  For most people more miles = better results.  You should also see that your times are improving in your speedwork.  Or if you want to try something different, I have some other plans that are well regarded.  But my instinct is for you to stick with McMillan because it is working well for you!     Unless you get to the point where you plateau, or feel that you aren't being challenged.  Or you just want to do something different.    Yeah, DD's Epilepsy was a bit stressful.  She had an MRI done (I sat in there with her, not fun at all) and lots of tests.  The scary thing was that it could happen at any time, so we had to really keep an eye on her.  Can't be zoning out while swimming for example.  She had medication that helped control it, she had maybe 5 seizures?  She was able to stop the anti-seizure medication last year and so far so good!

Carol, ouch on the face plant!  Glad you are OK!

Damaris, why don't you want to run the 5K?  It's just a little shorter than a 4 miler.  

Diane, hope you feel better!  I hope Jasper is OK.  Are you feeling better about your race?  I guess I'm odd in that I don't worry too much about races.  I figure I can only do what I can do, and whatever happens happens.    There are a lot of other things in life that I worry about.  

Kat, nice that you enjoyed the hash!  Enjoy your dinner!

Tessa, I am still amazed that you can remember so much from your races!  Interesting race souvenir.   It sounds like a nice course, not what you think of when you think about Florida!  Congrats on another state!  I'm glad things are official with DD's new job.

Elina, congrats on the win!  Hope your neck is OK today.

Cathy

Seloc

Ginny – woohoo!!  Congrats on the lost inches – that is AWESOME!!  Much larger indicator than the scale, IMO.  You are bathing suit ready!!  Now if only the weather would cooperate…

Karen – enjoy your lazy week!  You’ve earned it.  And solo time at home, too, woohoo!!

Cathy – LOL on the picture.  That, in theory, *could* be me but I did, in fact, register for Fargo in sane mind.  Well, as sane as my mind can be anyway.  Awww, I’m with DD – a fleece blanket sounds MUCH better than (yet another) coffee mug.  Lucky you on avoiding the brunt of the snow.  An RB is in Madison visiting her daughter and she said they got about 6inches.

Elina – congrats on the win!  In OT, even!  Ouch on the fall.  Hope a couple days rest will heal you right up.

Diane – freakouts are common before a big race.  You’ll do great!

Lizzie – sorry yesterday was so busy at work.  Seems to happen after being out even one day.  SO PROUD of you for listening to your body this morning!!  Awww that made me smile you are still enjoying the high of a job well done.  Not a fan of Spring Ahead over here either.  It’s just now getting light at the end of our morning runs!  I will very soon be going to bed while it’s still light out.  How did Ruger buddy do at daycare yesterday?  I WISH today was Thursday!  Fingers crossed for your good news today, too.

Tessa – congrats to DD!  And how fun you will have a new place to visit.  Love your RR as always.  How on earth you can remember all that is crazy.  Carol had a good question – do you sort of think of what you will write while you are running?  Make mental notes?  Heck, I’d have to make notes on my phone!  Sounds like a really pretty course.

Carol – ouch on the face plant!  Glad you are okay.

Damaris – bummer on the race change.

Sue – haha, that’s me almost every morning!  Let’s empty the trash, and wipe down the bathroom and fold the blanket haha.  Glad chiro helped.

Kat – ooohhhh, volleyball.  My goodness you would think there would be ONE kid out of 13 with any sort of coordination or athletic ability but nope.  But, hey, they seem to be having fun.  That’s awesome you hashed last night.  Funny that 4 of you were from the conference!  Have a good dinner with mom.

Cathy2 – yep, we have the frigid cold here again, too.  OMG on the potential dog!!  What kind?  How exciting.  I bet DD is THRILLED!!

7min in 12* this morning.  Yep, winter just will not go away.  Pretty sure you all are jealous and want to move in with me.  Ha.

Another couple losses in volleyball last night.  Oh my we are WAY behind these other teams.  But, to be expected when none of these girls have ever played before.  And not a one has an athletic bone in her body.  They seem to have fun so that’s what matters most, I guess.  I especially get a kick out of their outfit ensembles.  They wear purple t-shirts for a uniform.  Last night the one little thing paired that with polka dot leggings under purple jean shorts and hot pink high top Chuck Taylors. I'm no fashionista but wow.  

Arimathea

Tessa

Very quick post. 3.2 this morning. Still waiting for my time to show up on the race results, they had picked up the mat by the time I came in but they did write down my time. Yes I have emailed.

I don't write the race reports in my head during the race so much as I try to make mental notes on what I see. Going over the course map when writing the report helps a lot.

Waving to all, this day is shaping up to be even crazier than yesterday. Guess that's why they pay me the big bucks...

LC Runs

Hey Friends!

3 miles after work yesterday, hopefully the same tonight.  We got snow yesterday and are forecasted for more tonight/tomorrow, fun stuff.

Our foster puppy got spayed yesterday, she was pretty pitiful last night but was doing pretty well this morning.

Lizzie - sounds like another day of rest is a good idea.  So scary about Ruger, hope he is okay.  I have heard seizures in dogs are fairly common and Kat had some great information.

Carol - ouch on the face plant, glad you are ok!!  I'll be in Mt Pleasant Sunday for the 10k, I actually thought the race was the last Sunday of the month so I feel unprepared.  I'll also be at St Pats the following Sunday!

Damaris - bummer on the race being cancelled, will they refund your registration?

Diane - awww to poor Jasper, lots of sick babies today.  Hope your headache subsides but not likely if you are in a day of training, ugh.

Sue - glad the chiro helped.  I can always find so much to do around the house before work LOL

Kat - glad you had a good time at the Hash.  I need to get some CEs before next April.  My job rarely provides any CE training/conferences.

Judy - have a great day!

Cathy - what kind of dog?  Hope it works out!  I am not surprised about winter's return...not happy either lol!

Sandy - nice run!!  Winter needs to leave soon, we got spoiled the past few weeks here so I am really ready for spring!  Wow, that is a colorful outfit she had on!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

The dog is a Lakeland Terrier, which according to my Googling is a fairly rare breed.  His name is Hunter, which is apparently very appropriate.    We have discussed getting a dog, so it will probably happen eventually.  If not this dog then another one!