Womens Running

Manageable Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

At least I hope it turns out to be manageable.

Post. We will listen to your wishes.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was 60 minutes of cardio DVD. I walked a lot at work.

Saturday was SDO except for 9 holes of golf, walked about half

Sunday was 45 minutes out on the trail.

After a good run at the track I hope to do a short cardio DVD workout.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Hoping it's manageable also.  Half day for me at work. Taking DD to buy books and gym uniform pieces. Not the part that I like about Catholic high school. Was able to find one online for $48 when a mom who went to the "presale" (note to self: volunteer to work book sale next year to get invite) sent me ISBN numbers and told me what was there for the classes her dd had with mine.

Interesting observation... Do you think half.com gets used for money laundering? Why on earth would books be listed for $40-100 depending on condition but then same book is on there for $900. New the book cost $150.  Saw that a few times.

waiting on a response from the Detroit Marathon. I was reading the Transfer policy and I need clarification on what would be charged if I did transfer in addition to the $20 transfer fee. It looks like I would get refunded my original registration fee then have to sign up. Note: there is o straight up refund available and there is no deferral to the next year.

A) If I transfer to the half will I be charged the difference between the current rate $110 and what I paid when I registered for the full $68? I was hoping this would just be a change with nothing extra aside from $20 transfer fee.  An additional $62 to switch down to the half seems ridiculous and painful.

B) If I transfer my bib to another runner and register for the half will they be charged the full price of $120 and me the half price of $110? I would hope not. Them paying $120 and me paying that additional $62 on top of my original registration fee also seems as painful as my knee surgery.

I've had people messaging me that they would buy my bib from me. But at $62 more for me to do the half I'll pass. If this is the case I'll just stay signed up for the full, get my shirt, and possibly just do the first half or DNF. A half medal isn't worth an additional chunk like that for me. A bit irritated by this but do realize that this is a "big city" race and rules are rules, especially when dealing with homeland security stuff.

I did also tell Captain Gene that I will not be on the DWD team this year. Gave up my pacing spot for Katie at Sawtooth and know there will be no RunWoodstock for me either.  Lisa is NOT in a happy place right now. I can assure you of that.

I go back and forth thinking I should give it more time and thinking that maybe this is as good as it will get. Been reading online of others not so great post meniscus surgery outcomes. At a 6 weeks will be when I really start to worry. Will NOT try to run at all this week.

Sue-that would be my plan for a flat on race day.

Karen-do love the Jake-cam.

Gatsby-I am still icing..on and off throughout the day. Picked up those refreezable gel packs and bring one to work with me even. Been doing my strength / stretch exercises also. Nice trail run!

Marjorie-on the icing note... is there a point where I should move to ice/heat rotation? Knee still looks swollen after walking or being on it much. Was that a Red Wings purple octopus???

Ginny-Are you doing the race with or without your watch this time? LOL

Carol-safe travels and have fun!

Damaris-this cool weather is mocking me. so don't be too jealous. I have a feeling we will have a hot September.

Laura-sorry no Fusion class.

Judy-I never did get into golf.  walking the course would be nice though.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Judy - How is your golf game going?  My DH golfs alot, I actually had 1 little itty bitty inkling of wanting to go out on Saturday afternoon....I am not good, but can manage...

LisaMMR - Ugh on the DFP debacle....yes, lots of $ just to switch to half.  I say if you are up for just keep your bib, and DNF  @ th e half turn out. I am so bummed for you on your knee surgery.  What does your surgeon say???  DH has had multiple, the first one was a mess, he ended up having to go for a 2nd opinion with a great guy in Lansing that fixed him right up!  I know it is hard not to get beyond frustrated, but hang in there....running is such a part of you....YOU will be back to running!!!!

Did a 10 miler with RB's yesterday.  3 of us had done the Tri the day before, so we were dragging a little...but we got 'er done!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa at this point you can alternate heat and ice. Not a red wings one. Just a big fuzzy thing with a squishy ball for the head under the fuzz.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning, how can it possibly already be Monday???  Joking

Don't think I posted yesterday, ran 7.2 with a friend.  No run this morning, will do exercise class tonight and maybe a couple of miles afterward.

Judy - I hope today is manageable, as well ha ha.  Golf  is good cross training, especially when you walk the course.

Lisa - hope the DFM gives you a response soon and allows you to transfer.

Carol - I'll play golf with you, I really don't enjoy it because I never get any better.  Of course, I hardly play, which makes it difficult to get better LOL  Nice 10!

Hi Marjorie.

I signed up for a trail 15k on Labor Day in Traverse City, BF and I are going to camp at Interlochen.  The race is a 5k or 15k and they clear the land for the race.  It is not a technical course.  Fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

ginnyb

Lisa....I am confident that your knee will continue to improve!  LOL, not sure about the watch!  I think what I need is you there with me again, urging me along, maybe I do do better without the watch, but hard to time myself for walk/run without it, maybe I will just listen for the warning , but not look at the watch till done.  Sounds awfully expensive just to change races, but understand rules are rules.

Shoot it is later than I thought, Ineed to get to work!  BBL

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!!

Group Power was ok, instructor switched one of the songs that is SO annoying  Wink.

Already raining.  At least it was dry yesterday.

BBL

annieSusan

Morning! It rained overnight, so I am waiting for it to dry out a bit before going out for a bike ride. Ran a pleasant 4 miles in a warm, light rain yesterday. There is a spot along the trail where some of the sumac is just starting to show a few red leaves. Hard to believe that it is that time, already.

annieSusan

Anonymous Guest

Ugh. Woke up with a migraine. Drugged up and headed back to bed to wait for it to kick in. Hoping to ride my bike at some point today - rest day from running, plus need to get out on the bike since I'm doing my second TT (time trial) race on Saturday. Hoping to beat my June time and average over 20 mph. I was at 19.85 in June. Oh, and continue my not get last streak, although I haven't been riding much so that is probably in jeopardy.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Where did the weekend go? I didn't get here, or anywhere else online with the exception of the class I'm teaching, all weekend. Missing out on sleep, but that's hardly remarkable.

Got up even earlier than usual, went for a run and saw three meteors, took my sister to the airport, doubled back to the bus stop, and rode in. I had to run at 3:15 or else I wouldn't get a run in at all -- I have a lunch meeting and after work I have to go to see DH. He was moved on Friday night, is now at a skilled nursing facility, does not like it, wants to go home. However, that is not happening for at least two weeks since I'll be out of town taking DD to school and DS can't take care of DH by himself.

Lovely run, though. Cool and clear and lots of stars. I deliberately took a fairly dark route because it's the peak of the Perseids shower today. It paid off.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Busy day today and part of it had me with no access to the computer (log in cards were down), so I was here twiddling my thumbs and now I am overwhelmed, LOL.  6 miles tonight.

judyruns, excellent workouts this weekend.

Lisa, ha.  August and September are our worst months.  I just want it OVER!  Enjoy the cool weather while you can!

Carol, nice job on the tri and the miles the day after.

Marjorie, morning!

LC Runs, nice run.

Ginny, hope you didn't run late.

Sue, which song was it?

Annie, hope you were able to ride.

Karen, I woke up with a migraine too, ugh.  Feel better!

Tessa, hope your hubby continues to improve there.  Hugs.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.5 this am. Was a good run.  Been busy since on the phone.

Lisa ignore what you are reading on line.  Remember those that have the best outcomes rarely post.  The ones that were not successful are the ones that post the most.  Even after 6 weeks you will have a lot of improvements yet to come.  6 weeks is tissue healing.  It is not full recovery.  And, unfortunately, we are not 18 any more so we just don't bounce back from injury that fast.

Carol how is EMR hell going now?

Laura GL on the trail race.  Glad it isn't technical

Annie we haven't had much rain lately.  Since it rained most of June and half of July, it is odd not having rain every day.  We are back to normal summer temps.  It has been cooler than normal but the heat index is back over 100 again which is our normal.

Tessa glad they placed DH.  I know he doesn't like it but it is for the best.

Hey D

So, I really have changed my gait.  It is just odd.  I'm starting to see the "new" wear pattern on my left running shoe again.  And I've gotten a corn between two of my toes on my left foot. I've never had a corn in my life!  All this since messing with that ligament and fixing it.  Boo.  It needed to be fixed but know I have a different pattern with that left hip for sure and it is impacting other things.  Plus no different shoes to have caused this.  Being it is between the toes so that is just way different.  Hurt like crazy!  I got most of it off yesterday but ouch.  I knew it was developing over the last several weeks.  Sigh.  So now I'm treating that and trying to figure out how to prevent if from returning.  I'll figure it out.

Marjorie

Tessa--wow that is early!  Take care of yourself!!  Good that they moved DH to a skilled facility.  I was just thinking about DS and DH while you would be taking DD back to school..

Damaris--IDK what the song is, but it reminds me of the Irish(?) twins who sang "500 Miles" several years ago.  The song sounds like Gaelic gibberish to me for some reason and is very annoying at 0515 in the morning.

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsby, which race did you do over the weekend?

Lisa, sorry you have to drop to the half, I would say if they don't get back to you then keep your full bib and drop at the half. Even if it means doing the Canadian rather than the American half. What are they going to do to you, push you back out on the course and insist that you run 13.1 more?

Give it time, and Marjorie is right, the people with good outcomes don't post. They're out running! It's the people with bad outcomes who have time to post.

Susan, it's probably a good idea to learn to change a flat. Ask the shop if there can be a hands-on class, maybe?

Marjorie, ouch, a corn between the toes is painful. I finally figured out that I was getting one repeatedly because of the heels I was wearing. I have been wearing either flats or very low (like less than 1 5 inches) heels and the corn has not recurred. Those corn plasters work well, too.

I am relieved that DH is in a SNF for rehab so I don't have to worry about DS trying to take care of him while we're gone. Now all I have to worry about is leaving DS by himself...and if DH will be cooperative in rehabbing so he can go home. And how we're going to pay for all of this. We don't have long term care insurance. He'll need to come home within the next month or two, which means he has to be able to get up, walk around, get himself to the bathroom, and so forth.

Ed is improving. Now Fernanda has ear mites. Sigh.