Womens Running

Thrilling Thursday (Dailies) (Read 20 times)

Seloc

Kat - OMG I got nervous for  a second and thought it was only Wednesday!!  Don't scare me like that   Maybe it's YOUR hump day?  Good on you for leaving at your regular time.  I'm all about helping others but not when it's repeatedly not reciprocated!!  Feel free to send some of your warmth this direction, mmmmmkay??

Okie Dokie ladies, happy hump day!

K

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oops, I apparently have zero idea what day it is!!  It is actually my weekend.  Didn't mean to scare you Sandy.  

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, they ran my T1, 2, 3, and 4 the week before GC.  It's all perfect.  All my numbers were perfect which haven't been for a while.  The Gatorade drinking has helped a lot with my electrolyte imbalance I think.

Damaris

Seloc

Oops, I apparently have zero idea what day it is!!  It is actually my weekend.  Didn't mean to scare you Sandy.  

I forgive you 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's my Thriday.  Try not to be confused more. Big grin

Damaris

Seloc

It's my Thriday.  Try not to be confused more. Big grin

LOL - roger that, Damaris.  

Anonymous Guest

Too soon.

DH came home early and we were out back for not even 5 minutes looking at the new patio and deciding what we wanted them to do with landscaping and such. I came in covered in sweat. From standing. No wonder my heart rate was unusually high for my super easy 4 miles this morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Oh boy. I hope you get  the bed and the pool fixed! Who do you even get to fix the bed??

Carol – Do you have a time goal in mind for Grandmas? If it gets warm, you can just run for fun! Was it you that ran Pittsburgh when it was really warm??

Sandy – Holy sleep!! 😊 You have the perfect sleeping weather! I woke up sweating. LOL. Trade!! YES! I totally want to pocket the extra money, hehe.

Docket – Enjoy that continued rest. So, you mention change of location for work – any word on those applications?

Diane – Yay for a great fun workout yesterday. HCF came home today from the trainer and immediately fell asleep. LOL. He feels like jello most days now! He needs it. Its expensive, but for someone who has never been inside a gym…he needs the personal training to learn how to do things and find the right workouts for him.

Karen – Oh man, that is hot. Ugggghhhhhhh, is it Fall yet?! Sorry about the anxiety. Hope the run helped it a bit.  You just made me realize how many people I will be seeing over the next couple of days. I am planning travel for Tuesday. So I can be alone. In the car.

Cathy – Nice run this morning! 50 degrees? Oh man you are in a heat wave 😊 I got my new shoes dirty during GC, too! Must have been running to drop my drop off bag on time. Ah, younger DD wants to follow in her mommas footsteps 😊 Fun! Your training sucks. LOL. Mine will let you retake it over and over until its right. Our training is dumb though – ladder safety, fire safety, etc. Something out mobile engineers should be taking not necessarily me 😊

Kathryn – That 5K time isn’t bad!! Have fun shopping today! Which watch is it???

Have a few more things to do before I pick up my Ruger buddy! I have to hop on the treadmill and walk for 10 more minutes to get my 10,000 steps Smile

Have a good afternoon/evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Oh gosh, Karen, that weather truly sucks.

Wait what? "Gusts" of 1 mph? You can get higher winds than that if your neighbor has a bean burrito for dinner!

Lisa, happy belated birthday, Abhay knows the way to your heart, doesn't he?

Diane, that sounds like a nice generous cutoff. Enjoy!

As usual going crazy here, WFH today -- I have had kittens sleeping on my shoulders a lot of the day. My neck is stiff. They still are a bit runny at the back end but they seem to be doing all right, though I worry about their weights.

4 last night and 5.7 this morning. Still very slow but I think I am getting back a bit of my endurance.

And there is a new fitness center in my building which is free to tenants, think I will see how that works before cancelling the membership to the Y. For one thing the fitness center has only 3 treadmills and they advised there is a 20 minute time limit when others are waiting. I could see doing 20 minutes, getting off if I have to, doing 20 minutes of strength training, then going back for another 20 minutes of cardio. This however posits that there is a TM open when I get there. Also not sure why they put in a stair monster. Why would you need a stair climbing machine in a 73 storey building? There are already two perfectly good sets of stairs from bottom to top!

Liz-woohoo on the no smoking status! Enjoy the fun weekend ahead! Too funny about planning travel so that you can be alone. I do like running by myself seems like I get a lot of practice doing it too.

Sue-You made a much more valiant attempt at running than most of us with run fails.

Carol-Yeah miles after a race take a special kind of dedication. When is Grandma's?

Sandy-yeah for the ability to sleep! 9 hours! I can run that long but not sleep that long. LOL Maybe you are the one that brought on the 9 inches of snow. Sleep less and it will warm up.

Damaris-My thought is maybe you think too much about the pace part? No harm in a break though. Italy gave me that. No Gator when I ran there but it was February and up by Tampa.

Diane-I'm sure that you will inspire people at Possum. It's funny but those who are slow but determined do tend to inspire. Nice on leaving the GPS function off. Rarely does it seem that those things are accurate anyway. Part of my goal with the 24 and not knowing the distance was to get the "just keep going until they tell you to stop" part down. I suck at trail math and it more often than not leads to feeling bad about myself. AS long as we are doing our best given the terrain, the weather, the length of time/distance we know we will be out there, and listening to our bodies it's not like knowing where I am at will help anyway. Going faster is rarely an option. LOL I have yet to have "fun" on a stationary bike, but that just means there is still hope of it to come, right?

Karen-Listening to even the elites, they know enough to take a break after significant time on feet. I guess if it works for them. Finally I am training like an elite! LOL Your weather should break... like in November. Sorry.

Cathy-pretty sure that you are in HR's high risk group for non-compliance. LOL Sounds like fun puddle meandering this morning.

Kat-mine don't really ask anymore. I don't think they can really comprehend. They are pretty certain that I took naps during last weekend's thing and just leave it at that. My direct report loves scary movies so she always says how it freaks her out to think of being in the woods at night like in her scary movies. I sent her the picture of the possum eyes glowing but did wait until well into the next day to do so.

Tessa-good observation on the stair machine! 3 tms for a 73 story building? Not very many! he does know the way to my heart! Last Christmas one of my gifts was the big puffy "snugly" type of robe thing. Picture Friar Tuck with velour on the outside and soft fleece on the inside. Perfect for after a shower after a wintery run. At first I was like "hmm... sexy" but it is wonderful to put on. And really his gift was being there for me at the 24 hour. Good practice for Woodstock. Yeah on getting that endurance back!

Going to Vin Yin yoga tonight.. Love you all but looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz-woohoo on the no smoking status! Enjoy the fun weekend ahead! Too funny about planning travel so that you can be alone. I do like running by myself seems like I get a lot of practice doing it too.

Sue-You made a much more valiant attempt at running than most of us with run fails.

Carol-Yeah miles after a race take a special kind of dedication. When is Grandma's?

Sandy-yeah for the ability to sleep! 9 hours! I can run that long but not sleep that long. LOL Maybe you are the one that brought on the 9 inches of snow. Sleep less and it will warm up.

Damaris-My thought is maybe you think too much about the pace part? No harm in a break though. Italy gave me that. No Gator when I ran there but it was February and up by Tampa.

Diane-I'm sure that you will inspire people at Possum. It's funny but those who are slow but determined do tend to inspire. Nice on leaving the GPS function off. Rarely does it seem that those things are accurate anyway. Part of my goal with the 24 and not knowing the distance was to get the "just keep going until they tell you to stop" part down. I suck at trail math and it more often than not leads to feeling bad about myself. AS long as we are doing our best given the terrain, the weather, the length of time/distance we know we will be out there, and listening to our bodies it's not like knowing where I am at will help anyway. Going faster is rarely an option. LOL I have yet to have "fun" on a stationary bike, but that just means there is still hope of it to come, right?

Karen-Listening to even the elites, they know enough to take a break after significant time on feet. I guess if it works for them. Finally I am training like an elite! LOL Your weather should break... like in November. Sorry.

Cathy-pretty sure that you are in HR's high risk group for non-compliance. LOL Sounds like fun puddle meandering this morning.

Kat-mine don't really ask anymore. I don't think they can really comprehend. They are pretty certain that I took naps during last weekend's thing and just leave it at that. My direct report loves scary movies so she always says how it freaks her out to think of being in the woods at night like in her scary movies. I sent her the picture of the possum eyes glowing but did wait until well into the next day to do so.

Going to Vin Yin yoga tonight.. Love you all but looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Me?  Not really. I don't really worry about pace except on MP workouts and I didn't even try any pace at any of my races this year.  I have to put a pace for the TM but Karen can attest that I don't obsess about pace much.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kats, one thing about birds (and undoubtedly many animals) is their focused dedication to finding materials and building nests. Once I had just gotten to an office right after a windy storm. Looking out the door I saw a partially blown off part of a nest. Immediately a group of sparrows arrived and tore parts off to rebuild what was left of the nest still in the bush. They worked tirelessly on the project. It was a neat thing to watch.

Today I did 50 minutes running and 10 of fast walking.

It’s so nice to have the door and window open now. Birds are chirping happily. I have a clay saucer out on the balcony so that they can get a drink or bathe. They are using it regularly. I had many errands today and did volunteer work as well.

Happy exercise, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Too soon.

DH came home early and we were out back for not even 5 minutes looking at the new patio and deciding what we wanted them to do with landscaping and such. I came in covered in sweat. From standing. No wonder my heart rate was unusually high for my super easy 4 miles this morning.

Feels like 98?!  I’d die. Lol at Tessa’s comment about “gusts” of 1 mph.

Looked up Rocky Raccoon.  Not sure yet about multi-loop courses, jury will return a verdict after Woodstock.  And February seems too soon after Woodstock — would require too much training during the holidays, when I like to eat, drink, and be lazy.  Not ruling it out, but also not getting lured in by their “sign up early, it’s going to sell out” spiel.

Lizzie, yay for 90 days of no ciggies!

Wanted to run after work but I really need to hit the grocery store. I think the grocery store is going to win. Only so many days in a row that one can eat quesadillas and bananas for dinner.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR