Womens Running

Artistic tan Tuesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

I have a t-shirt tan, then a pale "line", then sunburnt shoulders. Oops.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Sandy, is Fire TV some sort of streaming app? Boss affair is, ugh... She went to GunsNRoses show yesterday w her guy, so left the office early, around 1pm. Of COURSE, everyone noticed that she flew out of office few seconds before her dude. And that her car was still parked, so she wherever she went, it was w him (so, double confirmation). When she asked me this morning what everyone thought about her leaving that way (she actually referred to clothing and makeup she had), I said ''I don't want to talk about it'' about billion times. Because no one noticed the clothes but everyone noticed both of them flying out of office together, and at that point no one knew about GunsNRoses, so you can imagine how it looked like.

Nothing special going on except to-do-list survival mode and heat wave.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2.5 hours of sleep, according to my Fitbit, and I think it was being generous.  But I made it to the office and on time!

I have Pilates tonight and maybe a run.

Elina, so jealous of your friend going to see Guns n Roses.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me. Body pump tonight.

Awfully sticky out there. 71 dewpoint..ugh. We are supposed to cool down tomorrow-Friday. YAY! Going to be doing my LR on Friday since I have to go up North early on Saturday for a hair apt. I might have switched it anyway since the humidity will be better. Good run today despite the heat! I was surprised!

In wedding news..my parents officially put down deposit for the train station. SUPER STOKED. Speaking of wedding news, SUSAN..you must be getting SO EXCITED!! Smile

Ginny – Isn’t there some really good ice cream in your area? Kinda like the “Blue Bell” of TX? My dad is from Ohio and I remember him saying something about an ice cream brand that you can only find in your area of the country. Bummer your DH doesn’t like sushi! They do have cooked rolls! I saw your bandaged finger on FB!! OUCH!! Hope it is feeling a little better now! 3 day week?! Are you doing something fun this weekend?

Kilmisters – Your runner friend reminds me of myself, for sure! I think we all know that I am going to attempt to get a decent time the next one. Depending on weather of course. We will see how things go. Glad the meeting wasn’t too bad. Keep your eye on the prize! VACATION! Nice job on that run yesterday..sounds AWFUL!! Oh boy on the affair. EEK. Office affairs never go unnoticed. NEVER. Laughing at your tan!! Smile

Sandy – Okay, so I read your post when I was in bed last night. I just started busting out laughing..picturing you holding on to the steering wheel for dear life..not a sound in the car except the said tire…LOL. Oh man. Good times!! I didn’t know A&W had .99 cones! They have really good HOT DOGS!! Smile I would be very overweight if our café had a soft serve machine! LOL. The days when I would eat at buffets…that’s all I would eat. Soft serve and sprinkles. Laughing at you eating your ice cream! Did you eat just the middle?! LOL. Hope you had a nice COOL run this morning Smile

Tessa – Nice running yesterday! YAY for visiting DD!! That will be so much fun!

Margaret – Yes, I need to mix up the running routes. Had another weirdo this morning. Could have been the same one…I was thinking about you this morning!! And how excited I am for you!! I can’t wait to hear how this race goes!!! Rest and eat up!! Smile

Docket – Yikes on the sleep!!! You need caffeine!

It is not even 8:00 and my phone is blowing up over access badges. 

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Half Crazy K.2.0 – cliques have been common for all our HS class reunions. The people I care about are either unable or too far away to attend so I avoid the whole thing.

Anonymous Guest – Is your TM all set up now? The wiped out feeling affects DC and me as well. For us it’s the heat/humidity.

Ginny – DC and I went to a local library yesterday and there was a creepy guy outside. Public libraries accept everyone and the creepies know it.

Monday the Dew Point was 70° so I ran my 35 minutes as much as possible in shade on the trail. Ospreys were active.

It’s hard for me to cool down, mainly my head after these hot runs. I used ice so my neck and core were nice and cool.

Today I hope to do a trail run again. Shady part I think.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, glad today is Tuesday since Monday was long......

4 this morning.  It was actually less humid so the run was enjoyable.

Elina - oh wow, that is an awkward situation with the boss.  Pretty dumb decision on her part, too.  May be interesting to see how it plays out, probably not going to end well.

Damaris - ugh on the lack of sleep, hope you have a good day!

LC Runs

LIzzie - whoo hoo on the wedding venue!!  Nice run, as always.

Judy - have a good trail run!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am actually more awake than on days I slept more...

It was 90F and 77 dewpoint last night.  AT MIDNIGHT!  It was already that at 6:30am today.  This is why I have been unable to let go of my asthma meds once again.

Damaris

Seloc

Well I am embarrassed to report in that today is a TURD.  Woke up feeling like my head was going to burst into a million pieces so took 2 Advil and went back to bed.  I kinda thought something was brewing yesterday.  Now head is better but I have laryngitis, stuffy ears and crap in my chest.  Nothing major, mostly annoying.  Hope it clears for my afternoon presentation!  Should be interesting.  It is absolutely CRIMINAL that I did not run this morning.  If only I didn't work I would have gone out a little later.  But I think I needed the extra rest.  I will not even tell you how nice it is here for you will all hate me for SURE.  ESPECIALLY since I didn't run!  GAH!!

Elina - Fire TV stick is a dongle for your TV to allow you to stream Prime.  Exactly like Chromecast.  Too bad Google and Amazon won't play nice or I would only need the one.  OMG on your boss' drama.  Redic!  Of course people are going to notice!  Laughing at your artistic tan lines.  Guess the benefit of running uber early is the sun is rarely strong enough for that.  And I do like to sit on the patio on weekends to even it all out.  

Damaris - OMG how are you even functioning on that little sleep!  I would have a horrible stomach ache.  Hope your day goes fast!  OMG - you live in a sauna.  I wouldn't be able to breathe and I have healthy lungs.  Ugh.

Lizzie - nice run!  Ya, that's gross humid.  Of course you are going to run TCM - I have no doubt.    HOORAY for wedding venue!!  OMG that is awesome.  And wedding show this weekend, right?  You and your hot dogs LOL.  Hmmmm do you ever put hot dogs in spaghetti??  Sounds like your kinda thing hee hee.  I don't mind hot dogs but they are definitely not my first choice.  Yep, I just eat the middle out of the ice cream container.  I had a bowl last night and wasn't even loving it.  It might end up in the trash otherwise I will just eat it for the sake of eating it.  And, as they say, better to waste then let it go to your waist haha.  Oh!  Getting close to finalizing Fiji trip 

Laura - glad you got some cooler weather today!  Nice run!

Judy - that is gross humid.  Stay careful out there!  My head sweats a lot, too 

Gatsby - 8000'?!!  Oof!  You are used to that, though, right?  I have never ever run at elevation.  And I live at sea level.  I suspect I would do TERRIBLE.  Cooler is good!  SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Tessa - nice running!  Happy to see you've been able to squeeze some miles in at lunch.  FUN you are visiting DD!!  If I remember correctly, I believe I have been to that area years ago on a work trip.  And I think there is a river through the city?  Is that right?  Will you get to run there?  Hopefully it's cooler than where you are, too.

Later!

dhuffman63

Trails

Had a migraine yesterday all day so did nothing. Hoping today is better.

Calf cramps:  I've been getting cramps in either my left or right calf just as I wake up in the morning....no other time, just the one cramp and then leg is good.  Hydrated, no changes in diet, Epson salt baths at night, this has been going on for several weeks...even when on vacation.  It's just weird.  Anyone ever have something like that?

Elina how many people are in your area of the office?  Did she really think she was being discreet?

Sue, bet you are excited.

Lizzie, nice you got the venue.

Margaret I can't wait for your RR..

Damaris, can't wait for yours.  I've always wanted to go to Montana, Wyoming, out west.  I'd consider living there if it wasn't for the god awful winters.  I love the Longmire books set in Wyoming.  Boy Howdee....lol.

Sandy I'm not much of an ice cream fan...I like those mini ice cream sandwiches or the Outshine popsicles.

Judy ice is a requirement when it's so hot and humid.

Tessa when I first joined the army I was supposed to be stationed in WA but ended up in Germany.  One day I'll get to the Pacific NW as it sounds so beautiful.  Have a good trip.

GD's fever came back...she had to have a catheter to get a urine sample and then some blood drawn...poor little thing, I feel so bad for her.

HCK, I really hated cliques in HS, hate them now too at work.  I was never part of any just had friends in all.

OMG!!!!  Three days and a wakeup!!! So excited--I hope we haven't forgotten anything important.  Family arrives tomorrow. Today I am trying to finish the embroidery on a dress for Ann Marie.

UGH---my boss wanted to meet this morning so I had to come to the office. Sad

Elina--ugh on the work drama.  And I have a fabulous runner girl tank top tan that will look lovely with my low - backed wedding gown. lol

Smile

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, presumably everyone at the wedding knows you are a runner, I wouldn't worry about it. Exciting countdown!

PNW is hot east of the Cascades, but not as hot as last year -- I was there on the way to Missoula and it was 105. 90s this year. Hope DD's apartment has AC.

Sandy, how can you only eat the middle of the ice cream?

Elina, your boss and her beau are being really stupid if they want to keep it a secret. I hope there isn't a direct report involved. If they are in different divisions maybe it's OK but I would still be cautious. And I've successfully kept an office romance quiet before until I walked in with a ring on.

Karen, hope the TM is all set up.

Margaret, nobody likes to see the attorneys, however Sis is an auditor and they aren't much liked either!

Kupcakes, I agree. No more reunions. The only ones who seem to like them are the people who liked HS and want to relive it.

Judy, yes, libraries do attract a lot of unusual people. I'm sure Ginny agrees!

Damaris, get some sleep tonight if you can.

Hi Laura, Liz, Diane, and those to come. I may not be back here today.

Grumpy bear drinking water -- biometrics today so I can't even have Diet Coke. And fasting. Not fun! 4 miles with RN this morning.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

My tan lines aren't too bad this year, though I always get a sandal tan.     47 min fartlek this morning, a little over 4.8 miles.  It felt really good!  63 degrees and low humidity.  It almost makes the winter worth it.  

Elina, nice to have a work relationship in full view of everyone...  I don't like the super A/C in the office.  I'm usually not comfortable unless it's about 75.  So I have a sweater on at work.  Sometimes a little heater.  Going outside feels really good after that!  Your run sounds like it was way too hot.

Damaris, ugh on the lack of sleep and the weather!

Lizzie, nice job on the 9.2!  Weird how sometimes the run is good despite the humidity.  Awesome news about the deposit for the venue!   Yes, you are funny.    I don't really like wearing a hat when I run.  I usually only wear one if it is raining.   I have a visor.  I haven't worn it yet.     I have a Handana, worn on my hand, I use it to soak up sweat that is running from my face.  Though it gets pretty gross by the end of a long run!  Sometimes I just wrap a bandana on my hand.

Laura, nice that you got the good weather also!

Sandy, sorry about the TURD and not feeling well!  I've had a really runny nose lately, not sure if it is allergies or what.  I never had allergies!  I hope your junk clears up!   I had the windows open last night, so nice!   OMG, we have so many ice cream, frozen yogurt, and custard places here.  See, another reason to move here.  

Diane, hope the migraine goes away!  Strange about the calf cramps!   Aww, I'm sad for GD.

Sue, so exciting!!  Hope all goes well this week!

Karen, have fun with the TM.    Hope you are in a better mood today.  All those days look HOT to me.  

Hi Kat!  100's eh?  That is definitely lazy weather!

Ginny, ouch on the stitches!

Tessa, have fun visiting with DD!

Margaret, sounds like you are in a better mood this week.    Yes, the foot is feeling better.  It is generally OK when I run, it does get sore after long runs or if I am on my feet a lot.  I have been rolling and stretching a lot.  But it is usually OK the next morning.  If all goes well, I should be over 30 miles this week, for the first time in a long time!  Enjoy the taper!

Cathy

ginnyb

Sue.... so exciting!  You will post lots of pics , right???

Liz...not sure what ice cream brand, maybe Blue Bunny?  Not sure if that is just local to Ohio or not.  We usually get our local Dairy's . but that is not sold all over Ohio, their name is Toft's.  Yay on parents putting deposit down!  You're on your way and just think, we have all been in on it since the beginning!  Cool.

Tessa... hot is hot, but the humidity does make it feel worse. Once you are up in the 100's it's too hot regardless.

Judy....yes libraries are for everyone !    Makes it interesting, right??

Sandy...can't be expected to run with a pounding headache, hope you feel better.

Diane...sorry about the migraine!  Hope your GD feels better soon, poor little thing!  First we worry about children and then grandchildren are added to the equation.  I frequently get calf cramps for no rhyme or reason too.

LC...nice 4 and nice weather.  Our humidity is much better this morning also, but I didn't run.

Elina...of course they noticed!  Duh.

Damaris...I do not function well on little sleep.  Hope you have a good day.

Cathy...Im with you with temp at work, I always have to wear at least a sweater and go to my car to get warm

Thought of working out with trainer this morning, but not sure how much I could do with stitches in my finger!  Think I will go tomorrow and do leg day, might run 3 in the morning first.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Kilmisters

Damaris, you're like my colleague who also slept only 2hrs last night. She could barely form a conherent sentence by the end of working day.

Lizzie, what is the thing w access badges? People lose them constantly? New workers? New access right specifics?

Diane, I've had calf cramps as I wake up in the morning... It will sound stupid, but what worked was not stretching them. Bad advice, I know, but that's my experience. Went away after a week or so.

Sandy, you not running is not criminal, it's called basic self-preservation instinct that so many of us runners often lack. Take some rest and let the body recover!

Ginny, leg day sounds more reasonable than working out w trainer for sure!

Taking a rest day. Many reasons why it's the right choice (speedwork tomorrow; tired legs; 5 consecutive days of running, so a run today would make tomorrow's tempo run 7th day in a row = not good; temps are crazy; want to finish a work project I started), but I still want to go out there... so... badly. But no. Decided against it. Sipping beer and looking at those Excels now from ''home office''. Feels good. Not sure if I'll say the same after tomorrow's tempo Big grin

As for boss, every single person in the damn head office knows about the affair (~300ppl here) and surely it's affecting the ''reputation'' of our department; the guy is from different department, but one we work closely with. It's just stupid, even ignoring the fact that the guy is married. I feel genuine hate towards the whole situation for so many reasons.