Womens Running

FriDailies (Read 12 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I took a day off work today. I think they might believe I'm only part time now. Lol. I need to slide into retirement easily. 3.5 years but who's counting?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

TGIF!!

Cut my morning run short to pack for a quilting retreat this weekend. Lecture tonight, class tomorrow.  Smile

Margaret--great pics!!! Wow--80 marathons is not small potatoes.

Happy Friday y'all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 4 after work.

Lori, enjoy the day off.

Sue, enjoy the lecture tonight.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, enjoy your day off, gives you al long weekend, sweet.  I know you don't feel it, but I am jealous of your countdown.  Bit of a ways off, but it's a light at the end of the tunnel, there is a date...  I have zero clue.  1 yr, 10 yrs, 20?  Hoping between 5-10.

Yesterday did not go as planned, headache, errands, nails, groceries.  Meant I didn't start my miles until nearly 6pm.  Meant I missed my pub night.  Sad

Excited though, my friends who moved to Colorado are unexpectedly and abruptly moving back!!!  YAY!!!  They'll get in this afternoon.  I'm trying to suss out when they'll be arriving.  I am going over beforehand and putting up welcome home crap and leaving them a little care package.

RD today, need it.  Starting to get a bit burned out, but it is all a means to an end.  Less than 2 months!!!!!  I'm going to enjoy today with nothing on tap other than decorating.

Ooops, forgot to hit send.

Hi Damaris.

Sue, have fun this weekend.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I just ran 4 today. I slept in a bit and didn't get out until almost 8. At that point the sun was high enough to make it hot in addition to being humid. It's like somebody turned a switch on now that it's June and the overnight temps went form decent to hot. Not seeing below 70 much anymore.

We have some California van friends that are looking to travel for the big eclipse next April. So they reached out to us to see if we were in the path. Turns out we are almost dead center on the line the eclipse will take. DH talked to the guy that built our house this morning - he has a ranch in a small town north of here. This guy said he'd totally be up for letting a bunch of vans park and camp on his ranch for a couple days - we'd charge a fee and split it with him. And while we are almost dead center, he is exactly dead center. So now we're trying to decide what kind of trip we can pair with it. Talk is maybe half a dozen CA vans that are wanting to do this, plus we could probably get some TX vans to join in as well. We have some time to figure out places and details, but I guess I can start planning! Should be lots of fun, just need to decide where else to go. There is interest in Big Bend, which was a big hit this year, but could possibly also do something like Palo Duro Canyon or the hill country.

Lori, enjoy the day off!

Susan, fun weekend for you - enjoy.

Morning Damaris!

Kathryn, aww, how exciting your friends are coming back! Kinda of a crappy time to be coming from CO to TX weather wise, though. Less than two months!!!! Excited for you.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--that is a cool plan!!

Kat--Yay! Nice that your friends are returning

Lori--enjoy your day off!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.7 miles this morning. Slow, but the least suckiest run I;ve had in over a week. Garmin approved. I've been off workk this week, with being sick, that sort of put a damper on going out of town. At least we got our passport renewal applications done and did some banking stuff today. Retirement, I don;t see DH lasting at his job until 62 (7.5 years). So then it becomes the question of do I keep working either full or part time for the health insurance, or say screw it and go with market place. We also need to look into any sort of farm co-ops (DH shares a farm with BIL that has been in the family for 100+ years).

BerthaSlayer, part time would be a nice switch.

CrazySue, enjoy the quilting retreat.

Docketm enjoy the 4.

KatS, good news on the friends moving back to TX.

AnonymousGuest, that van trip sounds cool. Is it a lunar or solar eclipse?

Anonymous Guest

HCK, sounds like you're feeling better. That's good.

It's a solar eclipse. I've been hearing about it for awhile since it goes right over here - apparently hotels and stuff are already booked. I think it's a big deal because it will last 4 minutes, which is I guess a pretty long time in eclipse world. I read the last "big" one in the US was more like 2 minutes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel