Womens Running

Thunderstormy Thursday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Dumb question but what's the difference between italian tuna regular canned in oil tuna? I live in BFE so gourmet ingredients are not available. Way to go G!

Runnergirl- Are you doing anything special for R's bday?  I caught myself looking wistfully at someone with beautiful long hair the other day. I just don't have the time or patience for  boob-length hair. It was my future neighbor, I'm pretty sure she looks younger and prettier than me and she has a Senior in high school Angry

cx2- R looooves salad.

mzm- I need to watch my language better, so far we've been lucky and no swear words.

Ernie- I find if I pause it briefly and then start it up again it will work fine. One time I ran a block and it said my pace was like 5:40 because it said I had run like a third of a mile already. Um no.

Becky- I'm jealous of your stairs!

CA- Good luck at the daycare. Our friends who are building a house 2 houses down from ours are having a baby in December and they just saved a spot at R's daycare Smile

mer- mmmm sherbet! How much time will you take off when the baby is born?

dexy- Owww! I've heard shingles is horribly painful Sad

Becky- no, not a bad friend. My friend from Denver was up visiting her mom in Colville and I didn't go see her because she wasn't willing to meet in the middle and I wasn't willing to drive 3 hrs each way.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Will you tell Lori I got her INB package today? My phone is being stupid.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - does she bring equipment or does she just cut your hair at the kitchen table?

cx2 - I only had canned tuna for the first time in 25 years about a month ago..so I'm leery of too cheap brands.  If I could afford it, I'd substitute seared sushi grade tuna for every recipe!

mrszm - lmao on the dreaming. You posted early today!

ernie - your garmin gives you messages like that? Once Sam forgot to start her garmin when we were doing track and she said that she probably broke the world record for 400 m for that repeat and has no proof .

becky - obviously the cop has never done wall sits if he thought that was "resting".

CA - have you been wearing compression socks?

dexy - the floride free toothpaste says ages 0-2 so I thought maybe we were horrifically behind on teaching spitting + proper toothbrushing.  I had shingles when I was a teenager.  Apparently it is really rare for a teen to have them.  I remember it being painful but not ridiculous, but that spot on my shoulder has permanent nerve damage and has no feeling.

spike - somehow humidity seems way less stupid when you're near water. One of the ex bfs told me (and i've also read) that tuna from Italy is much higher quality and as I've avoided canned tuna for the past 25 years due to fear of fishiness, I figure I should buy the highest quality possible.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I would take humidity over wildfire smoke right now. Blech! The entire sky is grey and it smells like campfire+ass.

running eh

RR - rest day today, so glad!

NRR - it's our 10th wedding anniversary today.  I brought a slice of pizza and a coffee to DH at his jobsite, turns out he's doing a reno at my OB-GYN's house.  Working nights again tonight, so I will only see DH for about 5mins today.

FR - borenkoel - mashed potatoes and kale with smoked sausage.

KR - they older two kids are finding treasures under the couch right now - they sound so excited at what they are finding.

zorbs - hope the pedicure goes well.  way to go DH, sounds like he's been bitten by the running bug.  just make sure he doesn't love it too much, you don't want to have to share running time too often Smile

rg  -  Richmond is in November, it's perfect Smile  Nice on the $10 haircut!!

cx2 - boo on being sick.  I understand the sick day before a vacay day.  That requires a doctor's note at my work.

mzm - great job DD!!  I think it is so funny watching kids learn to dive - the belly flops make me cringe every time!

ernie - can you send S to wash my car?  It really needs it!  Congrats on the record setting mile, that is fantastic! Smile

becky - FR sounds good.  Great job on the stairs - funny about the cop.

CA - I can't believe you have to prep for going back to work already - it seems like yesterday that O was born!!  Hope you find something that works well.

mer - a truck pull, how fun! I love orange sherbet too, so fresh and yummy!

dexy - sorry about your mom, that sounds terrible.

spike - Richmond is about 10hrs from where we live.  We will drive.  We will probably leave Thursday night and drive a few hours and then do the rest on Friday.  The race is on Saturday.  DS looks so sad, glad he is in good spirits though!!

runnergirl9508

RR2: 7.27 miles, with 4 x 2/10 mile hill sprints. Felt awesome today!

Cx2- great job on keeping up with the XT! R's appetite is all over the place when he's teething- usually he eats very little and take longer than normal naps. Argh on the cold-hope you can kick it quickly! Yeah, my stylist is great!

mrszm- wow, great job with the diving, DD! I loooooved swim lessons as a kid, it was so much fun! have a great run today. lol on C repeating everything. I've had to censor myself a bit around R, oops. I tried to give her more $, but she wouldn't take it. Usually I just give her a free program review at the gym, kinda like a barter system.

Ernie- enjoy your SRD today. lol on the Garmin mile record! I've had the first mile read 4Tight lippedx (I wish) a few times, and once last week it read 9:20- it definitely mis-measured that one! awww, so cute about S and the boys down the street. Have fun at the farm, you'll have to let us know what kind of goodies you get this week!

Becky- you kicked butt on the workout today- nice job! aww, poor C! does he still nap during the day? Boo on DH getting WF for lunch- if it makes you feel any better, I've never been and I have no idea where the closest one even is. My hair is stick straight- I'm way too chicken to cut it myself.

CA- good idea on the extra RD, esp with the ankle. YAY for O sttn!!! Always a plus when you can nurse instead of pump. Good luck visiting the dayhome and daycares. I hope you can find one soon. Ah, jealous of your TRX- I keep hoping the gym will purchase that system so I can use it.

Mer- hey lady! missed you on here! are you still running these days? wow, J is growing up so fast, what a big boy. yeah, it's nuts that it's the beginning of August already. I hope that they can find a suitable sub for your classes.

Dexy: ugh on the humidity, great job getting out there. Bummer on your mom getting shingles, I hope she's able to heal quickly! Yeah, it's pretty sweet that she comes over, probably helps that she lives 3 minutes away.

spike- enjoy your RD. awww, poor R, hope he's feeling better soon. I just wanted to pick him up and cuddle him last night. bummer on the poor air quality. We are having a party for R- just DH's and my parents and our siblings and their kids. About 20 people total. It's just going to be cake, fruit, and presents here at our house. Nothing too crazy. We probably won't do a big party again until he's 5.

zorbs- she brings scissors and clips to hold my hair back. I just pull a chair into the middle of the kitchen and wrap a towel around my shoulders. But she does sweep the floor after she's done Wink

reh: happy anniversary! so sweet of you to take pizza to DH today! hahah on the kids discovering treasure under the couch.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

No time for everyone...

spike - yay, thanks!

zorbs - yep, almost 24x7.

RG - you should watch CL, here at least TRX go for sale used often, and I've seen people carry their own, and mount them in the gym for their own use, or you could just mount one at home.

dayhomeR - this one was a nope, it was super cheap, but her toys were circa 1970, it smelled a bit, and she told us that she smacked a kids hand who hit her... I'm not against spanking my own kids but do not think it is her place to physically discipline any kid - and I can't believe she outright told me!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

zorbs - You'll have to report back on how you like the gourmet tuna in oil. When I've bought tuna in oil before, I thought it tasted disgusting, but maybe I just didn't buy the right brand. Yeah, my Garmin will flash "New record!" whenever I set a new time record for any of the major distances or when I do a longer run than ever before.

rg - $10 haircut and she comes to you? Best deal ever! And I want to see a pic of the new shorter haircut!

cx2 - Aw, poor C and her sore teeth. I always know when S's teeth are really bugging her because she'll only eat applesauce. Hope you feel better to enjoy your extra long weekend!

mrszm - Uh oh on the repeating everything, that could get dangerous! Those lifeguards must love you for bringing in doughnuts!

becky - Wall sits after stairs? I don't know how you manage to walk after these crazy stair days! A three hour drive is a long way for you to go. I would think that if she's visiting her parents, she could borrow their car and meet you halfway.

CA - Nursing instead of having to pump is definitely and win-win for you and O. Wow, that dayhome you visited sounds pretty old school.

Mer - That is a late night for J! Did he sleep in at all?

Dexy - I know what you mean about wishing it would start raining when the humidity is like that. Your poor mom, I hope her shingles go away fast!

Spike - So glad R is feeling better this morning even though he's not looking his best. Yeah, I've had to do the pause/restart trick when the Garmin went wonky mid-run, but in this case, it worked perfectly fine my entire run, recorded an accurate time/pace/distance for the whole thing and then bizarrely announced I had run a 2:31 mile.

eh - Happy anniversary! Sweet of you to bring dh lunch. Ha ha, send your kids over here when they're done. They will find a million treasures under my couch and in my car.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

I'm thinking its all the crap in the air bothering R's eyes. Sad  Daycare said his eyes got a little puffier after I dropped him off (couple hundred foot walk outside) but they got better the longer he was inside.  That means skipping runs most likely.

beckykay

Ernie:  Wall sits, planks, incline pushups and tri dips are done at the top of the stairs before we run back down.  That way we can catch our breath before we run back down Wink

RG:  I am luck mine is really wavy so if I screw it up, you can't tell.  That and I wear ponytails 24/7.

Zorbs:  He said his limit on the stairs was 5 rounds.  I said geez, we feel safe now.  Smile  RP was trying to get them out there to join us, he said they will stick to the weights.

CA:  Yuck on the dayhome.  I can't imagine TRX planks, I can barely handle regular planks Smile

Spike:  She just texted me that  I could come to her any day but thought weekends would be easier.  Uh, yes you fool I have a job and work for a living.  I will see if DH wants to go visit my parents that weekend, if not I'll have to pass (it is only an hour from my parents house).

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - DH and I might run together..if someone can watch B? or when he can stay home by himself? I don't see that happening soon.

eh - happy anniversary! DH can love running all he wants, I just need him to stick to 10K or less.

ernie - ex bf recommended Callipo brand tuna.  It comes in a pack of 3 cans with a red cardboard covering.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/