Womens Running

Dare I say..MARTINI WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I can get behind this one.  Maybe a breakfast mimosa martini?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me!

Still humid and gross. Did NOT feel like getting out there this morning but run went pretty well. It got better as it went on..plus my podcast was interesting. I think my Glycerin's are on their last mile - was having some knee pain and shin splints. Will have to see if I can find some on sale!

Meeting my mom around 10 at the wedding rental place to go over plates for the wedding. Plates? Really? Not sure why this needs an appointment. LOL. I am guessing we will probably go over other rentals too..chairs, etc.

Got my travel sites yesterday. It is only going to take one day of travel. I dont even have to go inside the building. I think the point of this survey is to determine which branches to keep and which to sell. This round I only have 3 to survey (well, 2 since the other one burned down) so its not too bad. It will be about 5 hours of travel though. I am thinking I am just going to want to get it over with and do it tomorrow. We will see how today goes.

Karen – SWEET on arranging the trail run! How awesome! I am sure you will find ice cream along the way. Make sure to check in with us young lady!

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday! Bummer on the motion sickness.

Happy Wednesday! Really? Only Wednesday?

I am not a big martini drinker.

Body pump this morning.  WFH for part of the day, doctors appt and hopefully a chiro visit. Back and shoulder definitely need some adjusting.

Karen---sounds like a great adventure!!!  Have a great trip!!

Lori--rock climbing???  I have panic attacks when driving on tall overpasses, so I think I'll stay down here. I don't have the upper body strength for it either. You go!

The Book Thief is sad? is has been sitting on my pile for a couple of years.  Did Tessa give it to me?  I'd rather knit than read.  Wink

Better get busy

LC Runs

4 this morning, also made it out yesterday for 3.3.  I  love morning running, I just wish I had more time so I could run farther LOL

I am not a martini drinker (really not much of a liquor person at all).

Lizzie - enjoy looking at plates!!  It is amazing all of the details that go in to a wedding!!

Sue - have a good day, enjoy Body Pump class!!

Have a great day, Ladies!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am an appletini drinker. Smile

I’ll be drinking tonight for sure. Because I am getting an offer for Indy!!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay! I was picturing you immediately getting in the car and driving to Indy. Let you DH deal with the house and driving with cats.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What do you mean?! Did they call?!

Bummed.  My running buddy was at the PT yesterday and PT said she is not going to be able to keep running due to neck muscle problems that have been contributing to her extreme migraines. I'm sad for her, bc I know how much she loves to run, but also bummed bc I enjoy running w her.

And--Steve, our "running husband", is moving in 5 weeks.  Sad  I have got to find a new running routine or group or plan or something.   Maybe I need to learn to embrace the tm bc I don't like to run alone early in the morning.

Sigh

dhuffman63

Trails

Congratulations Damaris...here's to what you are hoping for.

Not much of a drinker any more, I could out drink the guys in my unit when I was in the Army but as I got older it just didn't seem fun anymore.  I do like Sake though and can drink a bunch of that.

PT says I have SI joint dysfunction and from what I've read could take up to 6 months to fully heal.  It was from the trauma of hitting the deer and near totaling my car.  Every single step hurts and the anxiety and depression isn't helping.

Lizzie, I never really understood the whole wedding thing, something simple and easy then spend the time and money for a great honeymoon is more my style but whatever makes a person happy.

As for fish...ick I don't like almost all fish and really only like deep fried cod but I've cut out fried foods.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What do you mean?! Did they call?!

Houston loved me so I sent a very neutral email to the Indy boss to tell him about the new Peer Review team project I got roped into, thinking that would be a conversation opener.  His response was bland and neutral and said the position still had not been filled and that there was a block in DC.  Next thing I know, big boss (she is the same big boss for them as for me) emailed me today to tell me that I was the one selected and that DC would be sending me the offer.

That is not final.  I need an offer that is not a huge salary cut due to their COLA being super low, then I need to accept it and then we have to cross our fingers I get a start date because without that, the position can be frozen by the idiot (you know who) any time until then.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

A sweet fruity martini would be good...  7.25 miles this morning with 3x1 mile at 8:17 pace with one minute recovery followed by 4x200m at 7:15 pace with 200m recovery.  It was as fun as it sounds.    60 and rainy, it felt good.  Humidity was climbing, but at 60 degrees I won't complain!  Older DD now has a lunch date with her new boy friend.  They have free lunch in the cafeteria after summer school.  She started getting interested in boys this past year, mostly for their looks.  She wasn't too impressed with this boy's looks but we had a talk about looks vs personality.    I'm not pushing her towards having a boyfriend, but she's old enough to at least practice talking to a boy.  

Lizzie, nice run!  What was your podcast about?  I did not feel like getting up this morning at 4:25 AM, but I thought that you would already be out running.    A woman "friended" me on Strava, she is in LA (Louisiana, not Los Angeles) and she ran at 3:53 this morning!  Another early riser!  Am I the only one that feels better that someone is up earlier than me?    Funny that you mentioned looking forward to fall on Strava.  I am still waiting for summer!  Hey, plates are important.  I am sure people will be taking photos of their food and posting on Insta.    You don't even have to go inside the building?  What are you looking at?     I haven't thought about when the DD's are allowed to REALLY date.  Younger DD has talked about her friends having "boyfriends" since 3rd grade.  I'm not sure what that means, if they even do anything different.  I think it involves asking someone to be your boyfriend or girlfriend and they agree.     I don't know what those guys are doing to get all the steps.  I know Mr. Math is not cheating.  He just passed the one million mark.  Since the top 3 get prizes he's just trying to stay in the top 3.

Sue, hope the chiro helps!  Sorry about your RB's.

Laura, you just have to get up earlier, haha.  Nice runs!

Damaris, congrats on the multiple offers!  Yes, of course they love you.    I hope you get the offer that you want!

Diane, sorry to hear about your setback.  Well, having been sidelined for about 6 months, I know how that feels.  Hopefully you will recover and be back stronger.

Kupcakes, I was wondering the same thing.  People are putting up 40-50K steps on work days...

Karen, that is awesome about the trail run!  The kids have been ice cream crazy lately.  I have abstained most of the time.  Though I did have a bubble tea with coffee gelato.  That was SO good.  Older DD has a list of boys that she is interested in.  One of them is a friend of younger DD.  One of them is the lead singer of Panic in the Disco.    Taking note of those books!

Lori, nice job with the rock climbing!  I used to do that a lot, did some outdoors with my brother.  I am afraid of heights.

Kat, you will do great at Javelina!  OMG about your mom and the fish.  

Cathy

How is it only Wednesday?  Hi all!  Mid-week check in!  Working from home today.  Rest day today, ran 10 plus kettlebells yesterday.  Taking it easy the rest of the week, with a 50k on Saturday.  Will probably see some snow again -- race starts at 4,000 elevation and goes up to 8,000.  The higher elevation is on purpose, with a 50 miles in July at Lake Tahoe, which is up pretty high.

Not a martini fan since I don't like gin.  But maybe I just haven't had the right kind of martini?

Damaris, woot on the offer!  I'd assume Indy's COLA must be quite a bit less than Miami?  I know for SF, we get a pretty hefty COLA.

Lizzie, lol on looking at plates.  Me looking at plates: Is it flat?  Does it hold food?  If so then it'll work just fine.  Sorry the humid and gross stuff is back!

CrazySue, good for you going to Body Pump.  A few ladies here do, it seems.

LC, nice miles!  If you want to run farther, you could just get up at Lizzie time.  

DHuff, will you be getting an exercise routine to help the SI joint?  Hope it's back in working order soon.

Turtles, so cute that your DD has a lunch date!  I hope it goes well.  

Hi HCK!

Sandy, nice to see you check in yesterday.  Even though I don't post super often, I miss it when others don't.

Kat, funny story about the fish in the freezer.  You go get that JJ 100k!

Karen, safe travels in the van!

Okay, off to be productive...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, their COLA is lower so I need to wait and see the offer.  Unfortunately, debt does not get COLA adjusted so I need to keep that in mind, lol.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

About three hours into the journey, so far so good. I called “not driving through DFW so not driving for probably another hour at least.

HCK, yes some running I’m sure will be affected by altitude. I’m good with slowing down and taking walk breaks I f it means me and my clothes won’t be dripping in sweat a mile in. Colorado Springs it didn’t bother me much but Angel Fire 8000 feet) it did.

Damaris, so exciting! I hope everything works out and makes sense financially.

no martinis here, no surprise I’m sure.

Will check in more when not moving - I tend to get a little motion sickness if I combine reading and cars.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

No martinis for me.  Too alcohol tasting.

Lizzie, glad the run was better than expected.  I hope you do find some sale shoes. It hurts so much to pay full price.  Have fun doing the wedding stuff later.

Sue, I'm with you on heights.  It was funny, I wasn't panicked, but even low little bridges I got nervous on last weekend.  Just a fear of slipping in the rain.  So sorry about your running buddy and husband.  That is a bummer for you - and her.

Laura, morning is the only running time here!

HI HCK!

Damaris, woot woot woot woot.  (I was going to insert the dancing elephant emoji, but it isn't on this site...  But picture it anyways!)  Everyday since you started the Indy process I quickly skimmed for your post first in hopes of good news!  FINALLY!!!!!!!

Diane, I know it is a bummer, but at least you know the issue now and can work towards a resolution.  Even though you are frustrated, answers can help.  Hugs.

Cathy, cute about DD!!

Margaret, right there with you on the dragging ass week.  And mine is short even.  Good luck with the race this weekend.  You will crush it as always.

Karen and her DH are on the road!  She posted a cute pic on FB of them in the van on their way!!!  Oh yeah, wanted to say on the ice cream.  Just buy a pint, and eat it - ALL at once.  I have faith you can do it.  

Blister is giving me grief right now.  Annoyed as it didn't hurt as much on Monday.  Oh well, it will pass. Lisa instilled some words of wisdom during the race.  What an insightful and kind woman.

Went ballistic over one of the doctors, not the slow one.  He a lazy dumb shit who is getting lazier and unprofessional in some of his doings.  I expressed my extreme displeasure over his actions.  It directly affected the new doctor and she wasn't going to rock the boat, but I sure wasn't OK with what he did.  Who knows if he has done the same to me unknowingly.  On other work fronts, I let them know I am good with the 12-8 shift.  They still want me to work 8-4.  Told them emphatically NO, aint gonna happen.  I am not a morning person and I want my before work time.  I was hired as a mid-shift doctor and will stay a mid-shift doctor.

Poop.  I slept in again this morning and now it is time to get in the shower and head to work...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024