Womens Running

Music Monday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K easy.  I need to have a good run today or else my mental game will suffer even more.

race report - woke up with a hangover, didn't have any gatorade with me and had a calf cramp at 3 am the night before. I had spent time making a kick ass playlist but i forgot my spibelt so no music either. When the race started, i had nothing in me to go fast, so I walked a couple times to lessen the gap between me and DH.  He caught up with me in the final km and instead of finishing with me, oukicked me and that demoralized me even more that I walked 1 more time, within sight of the finish.

TR - starts his music classes today.  Completely forgot how to use a potty at grandma's house, but did use it once after we got home. Kept him bare bummed and he yelled, "pee's coming!" and ran to the bathroom. Did well in his kid's race except that he wanted to play with a stop sign at the start, so DH and I started running and he chased after us, crying, but finished strong.

FR - fried brown rice with chinese sausage and snow peas.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope the easy run goes well today so you can shake off yesterdays race! weird on the calf cramp, do you get them often? I hope B enjoys his music classes today. glad he had fun at the kids race. I can't wait to take R to his own races!

RR: planning on a stroller run with R after I get back from training clients, probably 5-6 miles with a park stop in there as well. Might do a double today depending on the weather this afternoon. It's forecasted to hit 90* effin degrees tomorrow, wtf?!

TR: was good all weekend once he warmed up to the IL's being here, which only took a few minutes. He walks everywhere with us now, no more stroller for him other than when I take him for a run! He's showing more interest in his train table now too, and played with FIL a bunch with that over the weekend.

NRR: back to the weekly routine: training clients MWF, class TuTh. I'm enjoying it. DH's new work hrs of 10-6 have been great- it's so nice to have him home for dinner. THe weekend with the IL's went well, other than DH having to work late on Fri, and during dinner hrs on Sat (so I was on my own cooking and during supper time with them). They headed out Sunday around noon, and will be back on Thursday (ugh) staying until Sunday again. At least DH took this coming Friday off and has made plans to do stuff with the IL's this time.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR - just finished 4 easy miles.  Maybe a few more run/walk miles with my cousin (and our strollers) later today.  Had a great 10.5 yesterday, though the pace was easy, the terrain was tough and my legs were feeling it.

NRR - heading to my parent's house to babysit my nephews.  they had been staying with my parents this weekend (it was their mom that had a baby last week) but my mom has to work today.

FR -steak, salad (pasta or quinoa)

KR - I thought DS would be hard to pack a lunch for, but so far it has been good.  Today he wants roasted beets in this thermos!

Zorbs - Sorry about the race, you'll get him next time.  Hope you have a great run today!  I will be running 6-7 out your way on Wednesday morning - want to join me?

RG - glad DS warmed up to the ILs quickly.  Have fun at the park.  I can't believe that forecast either!  We had frost last week and now they are predicting a feels like temps of 108 for tomorrow!   Have fun training today.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.5 miles in the dark... it was gorgeous out, 55F...my quads were still sore from my 12 mile LR on Saturday.. it was my longest run in almost 6 weeks, but i didn't think I'd hurt so much the day after..

TR - peed all over me as I carried her to the bathroom for her shower last night.. she's peed on DH twice but it was my first time.. oh well, guess it was my turn...  hoping her crankiness/clinging to me is from teething and not a cold, since my friend's daughter is at the same daycare as C and told me her daughter caught a cold already...

NRR - I'm eating peanut M&M's at my desk right now because i'm too lazy to walk downstairs and get coffee and toast my bagel..

zorbs - sorry the race didn't go as planned..reminds me of a friend of mine who years ago, landed a job at New Balance and the store was sponsoring a 5km race... she got drunk the night before, ran the 5km and right after she crossed the finish line, she puked.. right in front of her new boss..

rg - glad that R warmed up to the IL's... C still plays strange with my IL's although she'll play with her cousins.. yea, it's supposed to be really hot here tomorrow as well.. i'm ready for fall to just stay..

eh - have fun babysitting!  are the nephews old enough to entertain themselves?  I try to pack Dh's lunch but he doesn't always eat what I pack even though he tells me what he wants...

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - srd. Long run yesterday went really well. It was a cutback week so I decided to do some mp in there. My legs were super sore going in from either the mud run or st'ing Friday or both. The mp felt like a good but challenging pace on my tired legs.

TR - sick with a cold. Took two naps yesterday, she usually doesn't nap at all.

BR - woke at 6:00 this morning so I'm just nursing her. Hopefully she goes back down afterward bc dh will not want to be up yet.

FR - cooked up a storm yesterday but ironically didn't make anything for tonight. I have a bunch of chicken pre cooked in the fridge so might to the quinoa recipe from FB.

Nrr - work day 1. Of probably 2 for the month. at least I can keep training my butt off for this marathon and pretending I'm Kara Goucher for another month Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Just walking around the building.  Didn't even bring shoes to walk a mile while the kids run it...tomorrow.

TR:  Went to the zoo yesterday and had a blast but napped like crap afterward.  We took my parents along and he loved the extra attention he was getting.  Does a really good job at identifying animals while at the zoo and then in books at home.  Has added red to his colors so now everything is either blue or red.

NRR:  Meh.  I've decided I am a bigger fan of Monday mornings than Sunday nights.  I was flying around last night and hate that.  Only a few more weeks.

FR:  I can't think of anything...

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Zorbs - hope today's run went well. I dont think many people race well hungover! Hope B likes his music class, is he taking them where you work?

rg - yikes on the temps. We had some mid 80's last week and that felt hot! Does R go to a sitter or daycare now that dh is working more daytime hours?

reh - funny on Ds's lunch choice! It sounds good to me but you wouldn't think the first choice of a kid. Have fun with your nephews.

Cx2 - eeek on the pee! Hope the run today helped to loosen up those quads!!

mrszackmorris

rr: 3-4m tonight with rp. My knee is still not good. The part that was the deepest is super sore all the time. Not infected though.

kr: dd1 was walking dd2 acourthouse cousin to their class today and was quite excited about it.

tr: amazed at how well she has color.

br: wasn't super clingy at our friends' place yesterday. Phew!

nrr: busy week and also getting ready for ds's birthday party this weekend.

fr: think a breakfast bake for supper tonight.

--------------

zorbs: music class sounds awesome. Do you know what they do with the kids?

rg: yup we are going to have a hot couple of days on the high 80s followed by a high of 61 on Friday.

eh: what else do you pack in their lunches? Dd1 is being so particular about her lunch!

cx2: ugh to the pee. I remember that happening when my kids were infants.

car: good luck at work!

runninmer: thought of you at my cousin's cc meet bc they had middle school teams there too. Fun about the zoo!

L e e l a

RR - Did 6 miles with 6 hill pick-ups this morning. First 2 on my own then Sarah joined me for the last 4 and hill pick ups since it is a recovery week for her. Heading to some Ashtanga yoga now.

RR2 - I am feeling so motivated right now after my 20 miler on Saturday, S's amazing race at Ventura yesterday and all the Boston registration hubbub this week. I'll say it: I hope to be registering for Boston 2015 a year from now.

NRR - I love my DH. He was so wonderful this weekend. Spending tons of time with B, doing lots of housework and just being a great guy!

TR - "Mommy, I love you sooooo much!"

FR - not sure yet. Need to meal plan today.

Erniegirl

RR - 5 or 6k with the stroller later.

TR - We took her outside yesterday evening, and she made a beeline for the boys down the street. One of the boys took her for a ride in his motorized car and she had the most serious expression the whole time, it was hilarious! I think my friend got some good pics of it, so hopefully he'll post them on my fb page later. She learned how to say "thank you" yesterday, which she whispers shyly. Her favourite word right now is definitely "uh oh!" which she shouts at top volume, anytime she drops something or falls.

FR - Moo shu pork

NRR - Canning went well yesterday. We made dill pickles, spicy beans, pickled beets and onions and peach raspberry jam. The jam probably could have set a bit thicker, but tastes really good. One of my friends loves to clean, so she left my kitchen cleaner than it was when we started, yay! I'm taking S over to the community centre to play today once she's finished her breakfast.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD. Got in about 22 miles last week. Still haven't found my mojo and I think I need to retire one of my pairs of Asics, my hips and knees were really achy after 6 m in them yesterday.

TR: Was a good boy this weekend. His godmother offered to watch him Saturday so DH and I went to Wenatchee shopping.

FR: Blerg, nauseated today. Had a sudden wave of nausea after I went to bed and still feel crappy today.

NRR: I think I might go back to Wenatchee on Saturday and return the hiking boots I bought. I was wearing them around my house and they were bugging my feet in a certain spot on the side after a bit. DH and I are buying backpacking gear and hope to do a couple short trips this fall.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- sorry about the bad race. I'm pretty sure DH could beat me in a 5k despite the fact that I run 3x the volume he does. I could probably still beat him in a half though.  R did better at PT at grandma's house than he did at home, oddly enough.

rg- its supposed to be in the 90's here all week too, which really blows after a weekend of gorgeous 60 degree fall weather.

eh- good luck with your nephews, mine exhaust me.

cx2- I can't count how many times I've been peed on, you are lucky! Maybe its more of a boy thing?

CA- why are you only working 2 days? Stupid. What did the labor lawyer say?

Mer- I would kill for a lazy weekend, I feel like they are even more busy than weekdays lately.

mzm- sorry about your knee.

leela- glad marathon training is going so well for you!

ernie- I haven't canned since MIL moved away 5 years ago. Hoping to do so in my new house since I will have a high powered gas stove and an exhaust fan. Seriously, no house I've lived in for the past 10 years has had an exhaust fan in the kitchen, wtf!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - lol on liking Mondays, I think I agree, I was run off my feet trying to get the house in order last night.

mzm - sorry your knee is still bothering you.  I hope it heals up quick.  Yay for a non-clingy baby!  I love it when they let go for just a few minutes Smile

Leela - I'm super excited and modivated right now also!  I don't know if I'm fast enough (yet) to bq... but it's a pipe dream that I'll be able to for 2015 also.

ernie - fun on the ride in the motorized car!  M would die if she knew there were cars her size... Awesome on the canning, I really hope I can find time to make some salsa, which I should be able to since I'm only working 2 days this month Smile

spike - hope you can find your mojo... but 22 miles is pretty good for not having mojo.  Fun on the backpacking trips!  Would you bring R, or go solo?  Lawyer said that there's not much I can do... and after being in the office, I think I'm lucky to be here as they are laying a lot of people off.

runnergirl9508

Ended up with a little over 6miles this morning, my 7AM training client cx on me, leaving me with 30 min before my next client so I ran a 5K. Got home from training, popped R into the stroller and ran another 5k with him. Cool fall-like morning. felt good.

reh: good job on your LR yesterday, trail run? awesome that you can stroller run w/ your cousin. have fun babysitting, i'm sure your kids will love playing with their cousins. yeah this weather is nuts- it was 33* last week and too hot tomorrow. ugh

Cx2-great job on your LR this weekend, and nice run today. do you have a foam roller to loosen up your legs? lol on the pee. R will get out of the tub after his bath run into his room and squat and pee on his floor. gross. it's taken R a while to warm up, mostly b/c we do almost all of the traveling to the IL's and they very rarely come see us, and when they do, it's usually for only about 24hrs. not enough time for R to get comfortable around them.

CA- aw, I hope M kicks her cold quickly! great job on adding the MP miles- I like to do those on tired legs too. I give you props on the mud run. I will run trails for miles and miles, not caring if I get dirty at all, but I have zero desire to do the obstacles. lol on cooking all day but having nothing for tonight- I just realized i'm in the same place, after cooking all three meals a day all weekend for the IL's. No, I've just been training/teaching class early mornings, so I'm home by the time DH has to leave for work.

Mer: how's the walking been feeling, pain free? i'm glad you're back to work, I missed your posts on here over the summer! zoo sounds like fun, R always naps awful later in the day when we do things during his nap time. I agree about Monday mornings- SUnday nights get hectic! Mondays are nice since you just get up and go! for your FR- something orange, perhaps Wink

mrszm: sorry about your knee, is it swollen at all? aw, cute about DD walking to school! yay for C not being clingy- R was much the same until about 3-4 months ago, then he was more interested in exploring his new surroundings.

leela: hope the yoga class went well- great job on the hills this morning. I love how strong hill runs make me feel! yay for the running mojo! I definitely think you've got a great shot at a BQ in Richmond. yay for DH pitching in this weekend, my DH is always ready to help out and even sneaks the laundry in when i'm out running long on the weekend. Smile

Ernie: have a great stroller run! awww, cute about the car ride I bet the pics are adorable! yay for S saying thank you wow, way to go on the canning! MIL makes some delicious strawberry jam, which R prefers over any other kind.

spike: nice job on the miles last week! sounds like it might be time for new shoes, do you rotate pairs? ugh on the nausea, hope it passes soon. sorry about the boots, but glad you found out about the tight spots before you set out for a long hike in them! I agree w/ the weather- I hate when it goes back to summer-time temps after the cool fall weather.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- That sucks about your job, hope you can find something less screwy. For now we won't take R, but once he's 4-5 we will start bringing him on shorter overnight trips. I think we'll get a 3 person tent to accomodate for the future in that respect. I think I will get my mojo back when I can start running after work again.

RG- I have 3 pairs in rotation right now. The shoes in question have about 360 miles on them, then I have another pair with 90 and a pair with 200+.  DH is going to wear his boots around the house and make sure they are what he wants because the return policy at the local store requires everything to brand new with tags.