Womens Running

Music Monday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

armmama

RR - 5 miles this morning on hopefully what will be the last really hot day of the year.  Supposed to be in the upper 90s today, yuck.  Ran 17 on Saturday and I really struggled with the last 3 miles of it.  Hoping my 18 this weekend goes ok.  The temps should be 20-30˚ cooler than last Saturday so that should help.

BR - is at his 3 hour childcare, but cried when I dropped him off this time.  Sad  They were in the gym instead of the regular classroom so it was really busy and loud, I don't think that helped.

KR - taking them to swimming tryouts tonight.  I need to get a feel of how competitive the swim team is, I just want the girls to continue swimming a couple days/week throughout the year.  We aren't ready to be super serious swimmers yet.

FR - pork tenderloin, potatoes, green beans

NRR - my brother's wedding that he called off last month was supposed to be Saturday.  I've been really bummed out about it yesterday and today.  I secretly hope they will get back together but if not, I hope he will find someone else who makes him happy.

will try to be back for personals, I need to take advantage of my last kid free 30 minutes and gets some vacuuming done

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- Sorry your brother called off his wedding, but if he was having serious doubts, then he was right to do so.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I get calf cramps if I stretch my legs a particular way in bed, unfortunately I do it when I'm more than half asleep so I only realize when the full blown cramp kicks in.

eh - you mean 6-7 am? THAT SUCKS because I am working 6-7 am Wednesday.  I could do it before or even better, after work?

cx2 - if I was your friend, I would have tried to pretend the puke was from being hardcore and racing really hard!

mer - I hate Sunday afternoon/evenings too.  I eventually work my way through the list of stuff that needs doing, but it gets completely overwhelming.

CA - yup, he's taking classes where I work.

mrszm - the first level they are just singing little songs I think with hand claps and maybe a bit of percussion instruments.  There's 4 levels I think and by the end of level 4 they are supposed to be ready for private lessons (like what I teach).

leela - please pass along some of that motivation.  I started this training cycle very demoralized and demotivated and I'm even more so now.

ernie - I wish I had a friend who likes to clean.  The only time is when I leave B with my parents, the dishes are usually washed and toys and laundry put away.  And when MIL comes over she cleans out the microwave scuzz.

spike - B has never peed on me.

arm - I am also dreading the heat/humidity that's coming, at least it's only supposed to last 2 days.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Personals during lunch.  I am trying really hard to not start the habit of posting when I have kids in my room!

zorbs - Music class sounds like fun.  Question..had DH been in a similar situation, would you have kicked past him as he did to you, or would you have stuck out the race with him. I am not asking to be bitchy, I am just curious...so please don't take the question the wrong way.

rg - Funny you ask about the walking.  I have not "exercised" for over a week.  I walked last week Monday and had killer cramps the rest of the day.  I had some cramping this morning too after walking at the zoo.  So...I am not sure what is best.  My schedule doesn't allow for me to get on an elliptical unless I go after CC and not see J, yet again.  He is more important right now.  I am itching to do something though!

eh! - I hope the babysitting goes well.  I would LOVE It if Grandma took J for a couple days after the baby came, but since MIL will have him while I am in the hospital, I hate to ask.  My parents....there won't be asking with them!

cx2 - MMMmm.....peanut M&Ms.  Yummy.  That is much better than coffee and a bagel!  Glad the weight gain is going well...I know how hard that can be.

CAR - I hope work goes well for you today.  That is a bummer about the situation they put you in.  Glad you are optimistic about it.

mrszm  - Boo to the knee.  You have just a couple weeks....take it easy I hope it gets better.

leela - Sounds like you are having a great day!

ernie - That was a cute pic on FB with all the jars from yesterday.  Glad you had fun and it went well.

spike - Are DH's work hours a little better now, or is he still super busy?  I would kill for a Sunday night that didn't entail baths, making dinner, cleaning dinner, making lunches, laundry, ironing, setting out outfits, doing work from home etc.  I shouldn't say I would kill, because once baby comes I will have 8 weeks of that.  I just hate flying around while DH and J watch me.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - DH said he had me in his sights the entire race, so he definitely saw me walking.  It would be a very fine line - if we were both running good races and going hard to the finish, I'd try to outkick him.  But if I saw he was in trouble (as he saw I was in trouble) I would have run with him...that was my intention..I walked so he could catch up and we could finish together, TO BE NICE.  I could have/should have kept going to stay ahead even when I knew there was no chance to PR.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I guess I'm just extra lucky because I get pee on me all.the.time. R does this thing where he leans back on the potty so he can see his stream and ends up shooting me in the legs Sad

Mer- Dh hasn't worked OT in the last month or so but our weekends/days off have been really busy with trips/family/house building obligations since hmmm end of July? The last 2 weekends we have gone to look at finishes for our house. Of course nothing is in town, its all a 30 min-2 hr drive to check stuff out.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

I feel like crap, but not crappy enough to go home from work since I only have 17 hours of sick leave left for the year. Sad

BermyHorse

RR: 5m - 2.5m w/u then plyo drills and strides. Then supposed to be 25mins tempo starting at 7.15 and decreasing every mile to 6.50. Well, I started at 7.13 for first mile, then went to 7.09 and nearly self-combusted after 0.5m. Went back to 7.30 to regain composure, then went back to 7.09 and called it a day at 16mins. It was the fastest tempo I have run but fell short of the plan and was a messy disaster. I think this is the route to aggressive improvement - i.e. failing workouts, workouts which don't progress in a linear manner (my last was 7.19 straight for 20 mins with a 2min kick of 6.58) and hitting my peak a lot sooner and a lot quicker. I guess the work is in regaining composure which I was clawing on to. Lessons learnt.

NRR: repotting flowers which are bursting out of their pots. DS will love the gardening. We got some bigger pots this morning all for around 8-10 bucks. And a huge mumms. I am learning all about flowers in TN and this is all new to me. Oh and we had a great time at my RP's house on sat evening. I was being very rambunctious in the garden with her girls (12, 10, 8, 6) doing the splits, cartwheels and handstands. No injuries. Thank  goodness. Then RP and I rode around her subdivision (which is less than a mile from our house) on her tandem. It was so much fun. And she cooked the healthiest meal I have ever eaten at anyone's house - clean tacos. I was so thankful.

NRR2: bermycoach tore her calf muscle. I am so sad for her. She is rehabbing like mad in water.

NRR3: finished DH's blanket. Will take pic and post on fb. I am super proud of it. Now onto the baby blankets I am behind on!

TR:had a blast at the bouncy house place this morning. Is getting a bit less shy and a bit more wild.

FR: chili filled with beans, no grains. Down to 139. Yipee. Goal is 130. Going very well. Day 8 of diet. DH is completely bored of the diet foods so I am cooking him taco pasta salad. I made him an egg bake last night and also meatloaf which he had for lunch today in his lunch bag.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Zorbs – hope your run is better today.

Rg – you are doing so ell to get all your miles in! What’s your next race? Glad your DH is working less and you have him at home a bit more!

Eh – have fun today with your babysitting.

Cx2 – I am looking forward to those temps too. Today is was 91.

Ca – enjoy the rest day and hope your legs get the message to stop being so sore.

Mer – I think Sunday nights are crazy work as I get ready for the rest of the week. How are you enjoying your pg?

Mrszm – sad face for your poor knee. Sounds so painful. That was a running fall right? How is your garden doing? I am right with you on the clingy baby. Even at RPs when DH and I tried to ride the tandem it was an epic disaster. It’s been like this for all his life!

Leela – how did your pacing go on sat? What did you run your LR at in the end?

Ernie – nice job on all the cooking/canning. Sounds delish! So cute on the thank you.

Spike – hiking sounds like so much fun. Agree on taking those boots back. Miserable. You have a lot going on with your house building! How is R and his asthma?

Arm – yay for your LRs – even if you find the last few miles a struggle. What was your fueling strategy?

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- good job on your workouts. Owie- I can't imagine how badly a torn muscle would hurt! I need to repot my houseplants but I'm going to wait until we are in the new house and find them a permanent home. R's asthma is doing better on the Singulair tablets- he's not having attacks but he's still having some coughing and I've had to give him his inhaler in the morning the past few days.

Erniegirl

zorbs - A hangover with no Gatordate available? I seriously don't know how you even managed to run. I get those calf camps sometimes, too, when I've been dancing in heels and/or drinking a lot. I also used to get them when I was pregnant every time I taught a night class and got to bed late. I guess they are probably dehydration related.

rg - It is going to be crazy hot here tomorrow, too. But I think it's supposed to be a short-lived heat wave. DH's new hours sound great! I would love it if my DH could get those hours. If he gets switched to days it will be 6 am until 2 pm, which I think sounds like great hours, but he would probably die from having to wake up so early.

eh - How awesome that ds wants roasted beets for lunch! Sounds like you had a fun and challenging run yesterday. I guess it was on a trail?

cx2 - Is your hm this coming weekend or next? Ha ha on your puking friend! At least it was at the end of a race so she could play it off as puking from running so hard!. I think there are a lot of colds going around this week with back-to-school germs in the air. S got one last week but it was mild and only lasted two days so hopefully if C has a cold it is equally mild.

CA - Your SRD is well-deserved! Yeah, if everyone is getting laid off or forced to take vacation, I guess there is nothing you can do. It will be nice to have the month of kick ass marathon training! Mmm, homemade salsa. I should make some, too.

Mer - Glad you had fun at the zoo. S loves to identify animals, too, but she is still in the funny stage where some she calls by name and some she only identifies by the sound they make. Too bad J didn't have a good nap - it's disappointing when there's no downtime after you have them out running around like that.

Mrszm - Ouch, your knee injury sounds really painful. Hopefully it holds up for your run. Breakfast bake sounds yummy - what's in it?

Leela - What's the difference between hill pick ups and hill repeats? Or are they the same thing? Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Spike - Ooh, definitely a good idea to return those boots. You were smart to wear them around the house a bit as it would suck to learn they rub the wrong way mid-hike. So weird that none of your kitchens had exhaust fans! It seems like such a necessity.

Arm - I think your run will go much better in cool temps next weekend! Running in heat always seems twice as hard. Sorry you're feeling bummed about your brother's cancelled wedding. It would be sad to think they would have been married by now. Does she still want to get back together with him even after he called off the wedding?

Bermy - That sounds like a hard tempo workout! Ow, poor Bermy Coach. A torn muscle sounds so painful, plus the mental pain of not being able to run. Hope she recovers quickly.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

zorbs - I sent you a FB message!

Cx2 - peanut m&ms sound like a balanced breakfast to me, though I might make the trip to the kitchen for the coffee!

CA - hope the first day of work is going well.   I like how you spin the forced vacation into a positive!

mer - the zoo sounds like fun.  We have taken the kids to the zoo the last two years when we have visited SIL in Alabama.  I should take them to a local zoo sometime too!

mzm - glad that knee is not infected - take care of it!

ernie - driving is a serious responsibility - good for S to be so serious about it!  Yay for canning.  I made grape jam once, but other than that I am terrified to can.  I have a HUGE garden and can nothing.  I need to learn.

leela - LOVE hills, great workout!  Love how you rise to the challenge of BQing.  I was amazed at her BQ, but it made me think - that is way too fast - I could never do that!

rg - the benefits of cancelling clients!  nice double!  Yep, trail run.  It was fun.  I did stop halfway to bring the dog back, use the washroom and check on SJ's BQ progress.

arm - have fun w. the swimming tryouts!  I would like DD to try that when she is a bit older.  Hope your next LR is better.

spike - agree, return the boots.  Hiking sounds fun.  I have never done any serious hiking.  Glad DS is getting better w. the Singulair.  Hope you feel better soon!

bermy - that is a tough workout.  I had a major fail a while ago.  I think mental toughness comes w. time - your body has to adjust to sucking up the discomfort.  That is crazy fast run though!!  Yay for gardening.

mrszackmorris

Bermy: I gouged 4 inches of my knee on a metal pole right where my knee bends. And got ridiculous deep bruising on one entire side of the wound. Sad garden is fantastic! Making salsa this week!!

beckykay

Hi guys!  Late to the game today - internet has been out all day.

RR:  Running trails yesterday and tripped.  Landed pretty hard but was ok.  Half mile later I REALLY bit it.  Felt something in my ankle pop.  At this point I was 1.5 miles out so I had to either keep going on my loop or turn around.   Kept going but walked back to the car.  I've been elevating/icing it ever since.  If I move it a certain way it is like an electric shock of pain, but otherwise it doesn't look bad and I can walk on it.

TR:  Man he is cranky.  So cute seeing him holding hands with his buddy on the playground.  Bought him a new swing set for the house too and he is over the moon.

NRR:  DH's training schedule is starting to kick up some.  These next few weeks should be busy.

FR:  Decided that the diet works well during the week, but will running I needed to add carbs on the weekends.  We shall see how this works for awhile. Smile

Will try and catch up tomorrow!

BermyHorse

becky - hi! so sorry to hear about your ankle. that pop thing doesn't sound good. did you get it checked out yet? good sign that you can still walk on it though. And you have been taking care of it well. So cute on holding hands and the swing set! Nice job putting all that together lady!

mrszm - what can I make with 2 full tubs of basil other than pesto? Super owiee on that injury. Esp if it's deep - every time you bathe, bend I bet it stings. Is there a really thick scab on it now? oooowwwccchh.