Womens Running

Up and At 'Em Tuesday! (Read 11 times)

I didn't want to get up for spin class at 0430, but I'm glad I went.

Laura--YES! Helmet!!!  I have wrecked twice and though I was not going fast, it would have been really bad if I had not worn a helmet.  First wreck I would have hit my head on the pavement for sure.

Looks like rain. Again. I do wish I could ship it to the drought area.

Better get back to work. Have a great day!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10k today at the lakehouse.  I love the hilly roads here. Not much traffic on the dirt roads thankfully.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

4 miles for me this morning, then I managed a weight workout. Beautiful weather today!!  Work is annoying, glad it's a short week since we're going camping this weekend.

Sue - nice job going to spin class, that is early!  Yes, a helmet is really important!

Lori - nice running!!

Anonymous Guest

6 easy miles this morning. This is our last week here and I am going to miss being able to lounge around and drink coffee before heading out for my run. I am not going to miss walking the dogs 4 times a day or more.

Susan, I hear ya on sending the rain to the drought areas. It rains almost every day here (sunny and beautiful every morning then storms in the afternoon/evening), yet back home we've gotten 0.01 inch in July in nothing in August so far. That reminds me, you mentioned that fire/Dino Valley is not far from your dad - you should come run with me, Lisa, Margaret and Kat in November. It's the weekend before Thanksgiving, so then you could stay and have Thanksgiving with your dad. (You probably already have your plans made for the holiday, but if not.......give it some thought.)

Lori, nice run. How long are you down at the lake house?

Laura, glad you got a run in this morning. It was always so hard for me to work on a beautiful day.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sadly bro is booting us out tomorrow.  Another of their friends had already asked for this upcoming weekend. They don't charge anyone to come here so I won't complain. It's only an hour away from home (not including time spent at border) so we're able to come almost whenever we want depending on whether another has already asked. I think I'm going to convince hubs to come again in fall and winter. DB and BIL are going to sell fairly soon and fix up their place in Florida so when they do we will have a place to visit in winter so .... ya. ... I'm glad DB found a rich doctor to marry. Lol. Seriously,  BIL is a total sweetheart and I keep joking (?) to him that he could have married better.  I love my brother but he can be a handful.

I do love the area. Trails everywhere. Lisa's bf A lives close near here if I'm not mistaken.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Ohh--Karen, I will keep that in mind, not sure what we are doing yet.

Well, the dealership never located our floor mat. I went out to be sure the rest of the mats were brown before I told the service rep to order a new one, lifted up the carpet, and THE STUPID RUBBER MAT WAS UNDERNEATH THE CARPET!! Idk why they would put the carpet over the rubber mat, but there it is.  I sheepishly called the service rep and told him, and we both had a good laugh. Sheesh! At least I can cross that off the to-do list.

Lori, run at the lake house sounds nice.

Laura, I need to get back into weights.

Later!

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles in more grossness. At least there was an occasional breeze.

We've been getting hit or miss storms. In the last month, the worst has been about 5 miles north for one and 5 miles south for the last one. Hope that doesn't mean we're next for the power outages & trees down everywhere.

CrazySue, oof, 4:30 is really early. Glad you found the floor mat.

BerrthaSlayer, oh, summer & winter getaways. Sounds like the runny has been enjoyable with the change in scenery.

LCRuns, always nice when you have a short work week.

AnonymousGuest, during the work week, I can make myself get out quickly. Weekends, I spend way too much time lounging with coffee. Do you have to take the dogs out even more than the 4 walks? Our last dog always wanted to go in and out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I swear I posted this morning, sheesh

RD. Just finishing day 1 of the gathering. Only one person elected to come in person from the other two offices. So I was able to participate in person

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone else having trouble with runs uploading? Nothing here since Saturday. I had to go in and manually create run entries for Sunday, Monday and today. That's going to get old fast.

AnonymousGuest, during the work week, I can make myself get out quickly. Weekends, I spend way too much time lounging with coffee. Do you have to take the dogs out even more than the 4 walks? Our last dog always wanted to go in and out.

I've got them on a pretty good schedule here. I take them both out together first thing in the morning, they both pee and poop and there's usually no one around to distract them so I can handle them both. Then I take them one at a time after my run, and if no one is around I let Huckleberry off leash and throw the ball for him a bunch of times to wear him out. One at a time again mid afternoon, and then one final time around 7-8 at night. They usually don't ask for any more, but we do try to take them up into the national forest so they can run around like idiots every so often to blow off steam. At home, Riley likes to go out back and just lie in the grass for hours, so I'm feeling pretty lucky he doesn't try to do that here.

All of that said, compared to just opening the back door and letting them run around in the fenced backyard, it is a pain in the butt to deal with here. And speaking of......Huckleberry is now asking to go out.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A lot of people are having that issue ugh. Mine have been manually since they’ve been on the TM.

Damaris