Womens Running

Toasty Toes Thursday- Supermoms (Read 371 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Ladies~

Up early today, yawn. Have to open the gym at 5AM! Been a long time since I've done that. Working til 1PM today. Glad for the hours (and $) but that 4:15 alarm was harsh!

RR: teaching core class today, hopefully a run w/ R after I get home from work this afternoon. Ran a lil over 5 with him yesterday. DH woke up grumpy and complaining, so I just took R with me, lol.

TR: had his 15 month check-up yesterday. He's up to 28lbs, and 32" tall! My lil man is growing like a weed. He had 3 shots, and was good with them- calmed down within a minute, and seemed fine the rest of the day. He's cutting molars right now and is constantly walking around with his fingers in his mouth. Poor guy. He doesn't seem to be too bothered by it, though.

NRR: Didn't get any christmas shopping done yesterday- just stayed home and played with R, so i'll try to do some tomorrow. i have a few gifts that I can purchase online so i should get on that. Also need to get my SS in the mail!

Have a great day everyone. I probably won't be able to post from work.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - running for time, an hour with Sam, so 6ish miles?

TR - dipped his sheep in the tub and then was furious that he (the sheep) was wet and was screaming for me to dry him off.  I went and put the sheep in the dryer for a few minutes, but this wasn't good enough for his royal screaminess, so then I had to give the sheep a blow dry. This was right at bedtime.

FR - chicken pie that we didn't have on Tuesday night when I was sick.

NRR - was supposed to pick up alcoholic friend, have lunch with him, and drive him to work and I just got a message from him saying his work went late last night and has to cancel b/c he needs sleep. argh.

~~~~~~~~

rg - it's weird, I think B hit 28 pounds around the same age, but then grew taller and taller but was stuck at that weight for well over a year.  In fact, the last time I weighed him (maybe 6 months ago?) he was still 28-29 pounds.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Marathonjen

rg - I hope your work day goes fast.  That is early...I thought my daily 5 a.m. alarm was early.  Glad R had a good appt yesterday.  J is cutting molars right now too, he cut one and is now working on the other one.  Good luck finishing your Christmas shopping, I am waiting for a piece of my SS gift to come in the mail so I can turn around and put it back in the mail to my person.

Zorbs - Sorry about the sheep disaster.  J threw his monkey stuffed animal in the bathtub 2 nights ago.  He is into throwing everything into the tub and gets mad when I take it away.  Sorry about your cancelled lunch plans.  

RR - Hoping for 5 today...the weather is supposed to be decent I guess...sunny and 40.  

BR - So after his disasterous morning yesterday, daycare says he "was full of smiles and hugs!"  Seriously?  So I get him home and he proceeds to cry for a half hour and not want to eat dinner.  I gave him a bath and he had fun in the tub but as soon as I got him out he was screaming again. I tried to get him to eat and drink something but he wasn't having it so I just put him to bed.  He was asleep the minute his head in the crib.  Poor little dude needs to get more sleep.  But of course, he was up again this morning at 5:30...not as cranky as yesterday but still a whiney mess.

NRR - DH is on his way home...thank god.  I sometimes wonder if J's behavior is linked to DH being gone so much.  DH also told me that the week he is supposed to be home (2 weeks from now) he now has to travel for 2 days...great.  He is gone almost the entire month of December.  I may have to take a day off of work so I can get stuff done since DH isn't here to help.

FR - Was going to throw something in the crockpot this am but J was too whiney so who knows what we'll do tonight.  

Marathonjen

Just read on the technical support forum that they disabled the right to use images in the signature line.  I get it.  However, they all had to take a bash at mom's who use tickers...Apparently they don't have kids...maybe it makes them feel better about themselves to bash those who do?  Not sure.

CMGRuns

RG: 4:15 is really early, but enjoy the hours! Zorbs: his royal screaminess...haha! Sorry friend cancelled. Jen: we've kind of been a whiney mess over here too. I am blaming it on still catching up from traveling. ER: I hope so, but I have been really tired and lazy this week TR: oh just crying and screaming a lot, having at least an accident a day (which I so not like her), and making mom even more tired...sigh. We had breakfast for dinner last night and she loved it! We had pancakes and sausages. FR: have a chicken recipe in the crockpot today. It called for diced tomatoes and I didn't have any, so I put in tomato soup. It will be a bit of an experiment, but oh well if it doesnt work.
            CMGRuns

I tried putting 3 returns between lines and it still didn't post right. Must be a iPad thing...grrr!
              armmama

morning!

rg - ouch that is early!  L is cutting molars too and constantly has his hands in his mouth.  Have fun Christmas shopping!  I have ordered some things but have yet to go to a store.

zorbs - I hope B was able to sleep well with a dry sheep!

jen - ugh, I'm glad DH will be home and hope J is better!  I get sooo frustrated when L just sits and whines.  It's always when I need to get something done too, go figure.

CM - mmm, I love breakfast for dinner!  I might do that tonight actually since DH won't be here and it's so easy with the kids.

RR - would like to run 4ish today.  hoping the random foot pain I had yesterday isn't there today.

BR - he's up already which is 1-2 hours early for him.  I need to take DD2 to the doctor during his usual naptime so it might be nice if he took an earlier nap.

KR - taking DD2 to the GI doctor, here's hoping she's put on a little weight.  She's been at 34 forever but was 32.5 when she was sick a few weeks ago.  Not good for a 7 year old.

NRR - the girls are asking for American Girl McKenna accessories for Christmas but AG is totally sold out so I need to steer them in a different direction.  L and I walked around a little shop last night while DD3 was at dance and it put me in the mood to shop.  Just need to find (kid free) time to do it!

SimonSaysRun

Hi There - 

I decided to jump in today since RWOL is so jacked up right now!  I have lurked for a while but get overwhelmed at the thought of keeping up but we'll see how it goes. 

I "know" a lot of you from TTC and the Preggos board but to those I don't here's a brief history...DH and I have been married for 8 years (together for 15!), and we live in Western CO. I teach Kindergarten and absolutely love it. I'm also a coordinator for Girls on the Run. DH and I have one daughter, Maeve, who is almost 15 months now!  She is so awesome!  We also have two labs (Roan and Jane). I've been running for 5 years now and have done lots of races at all distances including 3 marathons. I'm gearing up to train for my first post-preggo full. Yikes!  Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

rr. I planned on 4 yesterday, however, I had to have a root canal. That pretty much put me out of commission for the rest of the day.  Maybe 4 miles on the TM after M goes downtonight.

nrr. Thank goodness today is my Friday!  It's been a long week!  The dog (Jane) got something stuck in her paw and had to go to the vet, I had my root canal, and M has an ear infection!  Enough!

tr. Such a little turkey!  She's really been excited about Twinkle, our Elf on the Shelf. She has no idea why she's at ourhouse but she sure looks for her every morning!  Speaking of, I better go move the elf before M gets up!

Have a great day all!

runninmer

Morning.

RR: SRD.  Ran my 2.1 yesterday and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes....foot is still not right.

TR: Sick. Sad

NRR:  I secretly hope J 's fever doesn't break so I can go home and DH can go to work.

FR:  Eating my muffin at my desk.  15 extra minutes sleeplewill ill do that to ya.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

Hi all,

RR - a quick 4 before DH went to work... he watched C while I was gone..

BR - dentist apt went well, the tumor in her mouth shrunk a lot and hopefully won't affect her canine tooth eruption.
                      Was a bit clingy/fussy yesterday b/c she had a hard time napping... that was partly my fault b/c everytime she fell asleep in the car I had to wake her up to take her out.

NRR - DH and I are both sick and so is C... 

Be back after I feed the kid... hopefully..

runnergirl9508

core class was kiler- my abs are already sore! i had 17 people in there, love a busy class- lots of energy.

zorbs- ha on the sheep. last night R took a stuffed dog and threw it in the tub as it was filling, then laughed. nice run this morning. snow for you yet? we've had flurries the past two days.

jen- ugh on the molars, i feel so bad for them! it's really hard to not take it personally when they are whiny around mom. seriously, dont' they realize how much we do for them?! and we get "rewarded" with whining, sigh. wow, 40* is shorts weather- sounds delightful to me, have a graet run!

cmg- hope your crockpot dinner turns out well! i haven't used mine in a while, i'll have to dig it out. i made black beans and rice last night and i think R ate twice as much as i did- he was shoving it in by the fistful, haha. i hope that C is better soon, too. (hugs)

arm- i've been doing a little "window shopping" with R and i can't wait to go out w/o him to really shop. he's great when we shop, but it will be nice to just be able to focus on shopping, and not have to worry about him in/out of car etc. i hope your foot is doing ok! hope that you get good news about DD!

simon- hello there! nice to see you again. i love your pics of M on FB- she's such a cutie pie. ugh on the root canal- that's awful! hope you're feeling better soon. have fun with the Elf!

mer- sorry about your foot! did you get an earlier appt? i hope it's nothing serious. poor J- hope his fever breaks soon (maybe after a little cuddle time with mama)

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Marathonjen

cm - Sorry C is whiney and cranky.  I know how you feel.  I hope you are feeling up to your workout...3rd tri is a killer with being tired.

arm - I hope DDs appointment goes well and that she put on some weight.  Does she eat well?  Ugh...I hope your foot is ok and you can get a run in. I know I am in the mood to shop too but it isn't fun or easy with a Toddler who is always trying to get out of the stroller and/or screaming.

Simon - Good to see you here.  I am jealous of your day off tomorrow.  Ahhhh...I just asked Moxie about Elf on the Shelf yesterday.  I know J wouldn't get it but I bet he would love to look at it in different places.  I am thinking I need to get one.  I hope you can get your run in.  Ohhhh...good luck with training for a full.  When is it and which one?  I am not sure if I want to do that or have baby #2...DH and i need to talkWink

mer - Sorry J is sick.  Was he up when you left this morning.  Does DH have to work today?  I hope you can go home and snuggle with J.  Glad you got your 2.1 in but it sucks that you foot is a mess.  Since you worked out yesterday you could have had your wine last nightSmile  Oh...and I always eat my breakfast at my desk at work...no time in the morning.  

CTimes - Ugh to you all being sick AGAIN!!  What's wrong this time?  Glad you got in a solo run this morning.  Hopefully you and see can take good naps and get better soon.

mrszackmorris

rr: 3.5 yesterday. Srd today.

rr2/qotd: in the need of some new tights. Any suggestions? Right now i have ua ones and nike pro capris.

tr: took the girls swimming last night. They had so much fun!

br: feverish yesterday from flu shot.

nrr: headed out for some errands with c while the girls are in school this morning.

fr: probably leftover chicken noodle soup from last night; it was so good!

bbl for personals...gotta get dd2 to school!

runninmer

runnergirl  - Glad R's appointment went well.  Those molars are tough for the little ones.  Ugh, I can't do 4:15.  That is WAY too early!  I see the doc on Tuesday.  

zorbs - I like the idea of running for time...just don't know how I would map that out!  Ha!

jen - Glad DH is on  his way home. I give you a LOT of credit for what you do.  I was thinking of you last night as I got home at 6 and how fast the night went.  I did miss my wwf time.  Yeah, J was up pretty early.  DH is supposed to work and he doesn't want J to be at MIL's house and get her sick.  Its tough for him because his job is SO flexible, but he won't just go work and let me come home and take care of J.  He doesn't understand Paid Time Off.  (That, as you know I NEVER use!)

cmg - For some reason sausage sounds really good right now.  Sorry DD is wearing you out.  I did my inital post from my iPad, and it worked fine...weird!

simon - Hi!  There was a post on FB last night about "the creepy elf on the shelf".  I love the name twinkles!  Such a little thing gets the kids SO excited.  We keep talking to J about Santa, but I know he doesn't get it....which acutally is kind of fun for us.  

armmama - Did you check eBay for the dolls?  I found something on there last night that is sold out or discontinued in the stores and new with tags.  I should check on that.....

cx2 - I have a feeling DH and I are getting sick too.  I am sad because we are supposed to have one of our friends daughter over Saturday night for a sleep over and I so desparately don't want to cancel it.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

Mer - I would just go home and tell DH that you are there and get his a$$ to workWink  LOL.  Use your time...you have it.  

mrszm - Have fun running errands.  I hope C is feeling better.  J was a bit feverish after his flu shot too.  The stomach flu is going around my school and J's daycare really bad right now...I sooooooo hope he doesn't get it...or me!