Womens Running

Why oh why Wednesday - PREGGOS (Read 267 times)

MA runner girl

Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 4 miles at the gym last night with a pee break in between. It's annoying to take breaks at the gym TM because it resets so fast even if you hit pause. Guess I have to get used to it though! Hoping for a few miles tonight on my parent's treadmill.

PGR: 23w3d. Upper stomach pain is still really bad. I thought it was better this morning, but then it came back about halway into my 40 min commute. Sigh. If you didn't see my post later yesterday, I called the midwife and she said it's normal from the stretching and growing of the uterus. Nothing I can really do about it.

NPGR: Halfway through the week without DH! Tonight I'm going to get my rings appraised for insurance and then heading to my parents house to hang out with my mom. We'll get takeout and just chat for a bit. Should be nice!

CanadaJazz

MA: nice job on the run, and glad your hubby will be home soon! halfway there! 

ER: just did some bike/weights this am, and now walking to work! (getting slower, but maybe it's because of snow! ahha) 

PR: trying not to have MUCH milk today, so far it's lame, I raelly hope I'm not intolerant cause I drink SO MUCH and eat a lot of dairy too.. having cream cheese for lunch, oops. 

Tonight our youth group is helping at a christmas meal for the blind, I am on dish duty, so should be a good time! 

tinyteri

35 weeks and 5 days

PGR: Almost at 36 weeks!  Feeling swollen and bloated today--perfect for my OB appointment, hope I'm not up too many #....I feel like I have dropped maybe, or maybe I'm just hopeful? We met the peds doctor yesterday and really liked him and his office.  Too bad we will only see him likely 3 times before we move and need to find a new one.

RR: Going to run before my appointment once it warms up a bit.  It's only 29 right now which is pretty chilly right now, I know Jazz I am a wimpWink-

NPGR: I've been up since 1am since I can't seems to sleep more than 4 hours at a time, but I've gotten a lot of packing done for the move, so not all bad.  I took the cat to the vet for her wellness check up and vaccinations and $130 later we are set complete with copies of all her records.

MArunner: Sorry about the pain you are having.  I remember having something like that around 25 weeks, I was convinced I had a hot gallbladder, but it eventually passed, hope yours does too.

Jazz: Hope you aren't lactose intolerant, that would be very sad for me as I love dairy. Have fun on dish duty!

TNesq

MA - enjoy hanging out with your mom!  I need to do that more, but it's so hard to fit it in sometimes.

Canada - although I dislke the cold, I do like snow, especially once it gets all brown and dreary here.  I'm hoping we get some of that snow here!

PGR: 15w1d. I broke down and ordered a doppler. Probably not the best idea, but I justified it by thinking it might be nice if DSD could hear the HBs once in a while since she can't go to appts. So now I'm anxious for it to arrive - looks like it might come today.

RR: blah. bball practice last night and horrific cold equal nothing.

NPGR: My cold is pretty bad, eye watering and super congestion and everything.  DH asked if i had pinkeye last night because my eye was so red, and I had to take a long steamy shower before I went to bed so I could breathe a bit.  Ugh.  I might work a half day today so I can get some rest.  I had a great time at bball practice last night - my team may not win many games, but they are so fun to coach - they are all starting to settle in and their personalities are coming out and they are a fun group of girls.

monk717

Good morning!

RR: Ended up skipping it again this morning. My legs are still so weak! I'm not sure I could have even made it through body flow. So frustrating. I wanna work out!

PGR: 26w5d. My belly is starting to get in the way of my desk. I'm not sure how I could modify my workstation to make it comfortable for the next three months. Anyone who works at a desk have any ideas? I have my chair far enough away that its getting uncomfortable to reach the mouse and keyboard. My reflux has been terrible the last few days because I skipped a few doses of my zantac when I was sick and I ate a bunch of Thanksgiving food before that that was triggering the reflux too. Yuck! I've had to take mylanta and tums multiple times. Hopefully I can get it back in control soon.

NRR: DH is back at work today so all three of us left the house! We're both still tired though and not quite up to speed. My tummy didn't like the Thanksgiving leftovers we had for dinner last night! We're so upset... since we were all sick we didn't eat the pumpkin pie and it got moldy! I don't know if I didn't cover it well enough or pumpkin pie just doesn't last long. So I promised DH I'd make another pumpkin pie this weekend or next weekend. Its going to be a busy day at work today, the phones and emails coming in are exploding! So I better get back to work. I'll try to get back at lunch time for personals. Have a great day everyone.

CanadaJazz

Monk: I have had that sad experience of the moldy pumpkin pie, my hubby doesn't like it (WHAT?) so I've had to eat one myself and it got moldy ... ugh.

Also, I'm not sure if you are allowed, but I sit on a ball at work, and I love it! helps my hips feel better too..

schmetterling

Super busy day yesterday so I read everyone's posts at 9 something at night last night. Big day today too but I'll have time this afternoon for more personals.

RR - Nada. Hoping for a walk today when we get back.

PGR - Got a pair of pants at Target the other day. I was mentioning on Monk's post on FB that I couldn't believe Kohls charges 60 bucks for not that great quality jeans, made the 34.99 at Old Navy or Target seem downright reasonable (if still on the expensive/wish it was on sale side).

NPGR - DS has a photo shoot today for Robeez shoes. I answered a casting call on a whim this summer and he modeled for them when he was about 7 months old and he made the cover of the catalog. Pretty good for just doing this for fun. I'm not sure what the event is today, but it's about 1.5 hours north of me. So I am hoping all goes well and he smiles and I don't have car trouble. All the usual anxiety.

MA - Sorry to hear about the stomach pain. I got it to a lesser extent than it sounds like it is affecting you but I've heard from other women who get it baaad. This too shall pass.

Canada - Hope you don't have a dairy issue but besides the cheese it is pretty easy to transition over. I still miss pizza though.

Teri - Glad packing is going well. Sorry about the sleeping. Hopefully you'll be able to sleep more once the move is over.

TN - Hope you get over your cold soon. Pregnancy colds are the worst!

Monk - Awww, moldy pie! I'd be sad too (cherry would make me really sad). Hope you guys continue to get to 100% quickly.

CanadaJazz

Schmett: did you become lactose intolerant during pregnancy? or just are intolerant/or vegan?  I feel ok today, but it's only day one and I'm about to have cream cheese, ahah!

MA runner girl

Canada - Really hoping you aren't lactoce intolerant! I'm not a milk fan (though I've been trying to get more now) but I love me some ice cream! Have fun tonight, what a great way to help the community!

Terri - I hope you have a great appt! Almost at full term, woo! I'm glad to hear your stomach pain passed, a friend told me she had it through the end of her pregnancy Sad Really hoping that's not me!!!

TN - I hope the doppler ends up being a good idea. How old is your DSD? Is she excited for the babies!? I hope you feel better soon. A half day sounds lovely right now. I want to be anywhere but here... haha I'm glad you are enjoying the team!

Monk - I was wondering what will happen when my belly gets too big. It's not right now, but I'm sure in another month it will get interesting! We have a half a pumpkin pie that I might as well throw away since DH isn't home for the week... I'm not a fan!

schmettering - I refuse to buy pants that are so expensive, specifically maternity clothes that I will be wearing exactly 4 months (ok maybe 8-10 if you include another pregnancy). I hate it! I have to check out goodwill, I keep forgetting about that. So cool that DS has a photo shoot! Have fun!

Mannluna

PG: I found a bigger pair of old slacks in the back of my closest so I'm wearing non PG pants that actually button w/o digging into my stomach.  They probably wont fit next week :-(

RR: Almost skipped my run last night but I ran 3 miles.  I have to keep reminding myself I have to enjoy and take advantage while I'm still able to run.  Weights at the gym tonight.

NPGR: Day 1 w/o kitchen, not too bad.  Had left over spaghetti.  Today its raining so I think I’m going to pick up soup on the way home.

MA: bummer you’re still not feeling well L

Canada: have you tried soy or almond milk?

Tiny: I’m a wimp too when it comes to being cold.

TN: Rest is good.  Leave early and don’t feel bad about it.

Monk: I sit a desk too.  If you come up with any good ideas please share.  I’m sure I’ll get to your stage sooner than I know.

Schm: How cool!  You got a lil model.

Ozzyoi

Hi Ladies,

Quick fly-by:

PGR: 31w3d. forgot to mention that at my m/w appt LO is head down...and hopefully will stay that way! feeling good today, though am annoyed I left my maternity belt at work as I'm planning on doing a gym session in a few hours.

RR: 3km swim yesterday at a comfortable pace (10x300). Today the gym, I guess it'll end up being an "easier" week in terms of time working out due to time crunching but next week I should be able to up the ante a bit more in terms of time.

NPGR - First night of the film festival was good, second night tonight though we both have early starts tomorrow morning so that won't be too pleasant. Today is cleaning around the house, I've just been scrubbing some of the vinyl siding and freaked out a little at two spiders crawing around; to my credit I chose not to kill them.  Smile

TN - Best to get probiotics in a pill form that has a few different bacterial strains in like lactobacillus, acidophilus, bifidus etc. Yeah yoghurt has probiotics but unless you get good quality plain yoghurt the sugar tends to just unbalance things. I have often wished I could have had a doppler, LO doesn't move as much "discernibly) after a swim and I often get concerned.

MA - Annoying when tm's re-set so quickly! Sorry to hear about the stomach pain, does stretching your arms out over your head help? Hopefully it'll pass as pg advances. Enjoy your evening with your mum.

CJazz - it is hard initially to cut out dairy; I have found SO NICE make a coconut milk which is a good substitute. Your evening does sound like fun (and rewarding).

Teri - Yay for nearly 36 weeks! I last recall you saying you were up a mere 10lbs at 25wks; how has that progressed? With running speeds like you mentioned yesterday you'll probably walk out of the hospital at pre-preggo weight Smile

Monk - sounds like you need to take a chainsaw in to work and cut out a bellyhole at your desk Smile Have you considered taking enzymes at mealtimes to help digest your food? I've heard they help a lot, especially with foods that aren't always as easily digested (spicy, beans, curries etc).

Schmett - Ooo, a cover-child for a magazine, does sound like a bit of a lark? Do they pay well? Good luck!

Ozzyoi

TN - forgot to say, I just went out and bought bras at 30weeks in Oz; I got them properly fitted and made sure they had extra strap and chest adjustments as the lady said that when the milk comes in you normally expand more in those two directions too. Fingers crossed it works!

Liz0330

Hi all-

Sorry to be MIA. Having a hard time finding time to read and respond.

MA - Ugh...so hate the pee breaks, both on the TM and outside! Nice that your parents have a treadmill for you to use. Hope the pain eases up soon.

Canada - sucks about the dairy. Hope it turns out not to be an issue! Nice that you are helping out with the christmas meal.

Tiny - Wow, getting close! Can't believe you have to move, but if I remember correctly this was a good thing for your and your husband, right? Hope the appt went well today.

TN - get well soon. Just got over a cold, too, and it sucked!

Monk - so sorry you've been through so much with being sick. Hope you get your strength back soon.

schmett - fun about your son's stardom Wink ! That's cool. Hope it went well.

Mannluna- nice job on getting out for a run. Always feels better once you do it...

Ozzy - wow, nice swim! Okay, silly question...can the mw just feel that the baby is head down? Or do they need to do a u/s? Just curious.

As for me:

RR: yesterday ran 4.5 miles in the AM. Today, ran to bootcamp + bootcamp. I am going to my first prenatal class in an hour. Not idea - 7PM is late for me to do any kind of activity, but am assuming it won't be super strenuous. I'm not that keen on yoga, but everyone keeps telling me it's good for you and maybe I'll meet some other preggos... 

All my runs kind of feel like crap these days because of the pressure on my bladder. I mean, it is tolerable, but just not particularly enjoyable. I do feel good after, so that is what keeps me going. Hoping for a swim tomorrow.

PGR - 22w4d. Feel like my belly has been sticking out a ton this week. It's weird. I haven't gained that much more weight, but the belly is certainly on the move!

NPGR - New job is going well so far, but still trying to figure out what my role is here. MOm coming to visit this weekend. Hopefully will be fun...but you never know with her!

Okay, have a good night all.

Liz

sashannadelina

Hey Ladies! I'm super late posting today, so hopefully some of you will read this. Smile

MA: Nice job on the 4 miles. So sorry about the upper uterine pain! Sounds awful! I'm glad you got time with your Mom. The first time DH and I were apart for more than 24 hours, he went to spend time with his family doing work for them for 2 weeks. I spent the first week with my family and that made it much easier. Even slept in little sister's room, which was fun!

Canada: A milk allergy would be the WORST!!! I hope for your sake that is not it. Sometimes DH has random intestinal trouble and I have thought that maybe it is lactose intolerance, but it is so intermittent that I think more likely it is stress related.

Terri: You are so ridiculously close! Almost term! I totally sympathize on the wimp sentiment in regards to cold. Though I'm much wimpier than you. If it is below 45 and windy, forget it! I'll do the TM at the gym.

TN: So sorry about the cold. Sounds so miserable! I hate colds at any time, but while preggo is worst b/c you can hardly take anything. I do the colodial silver, and it seems to help with the duration of the cold. I don't know if you use it or not, but my midwife and my sister's midwife both recommend it.

Monk: I had not even thought of the difficulties of having a desk job while pregnant until you brought it up! I am on my feet, running around all day, lifting and pulling crap, so I have totally different concerns. But I had quite a laugh thinking about a desk designed for pregnant women with a half moon cut out of the center! Smile

Schmett: Yay for maternity pants! I tried on a pair at Target the other day and loved them, but they were one size too small and the only ones on the sale rack. So I passed that time. DS's photoshoot sounds fun! Hope the drive and all went well!

Mann: Great job doing the run even though you didn't feel like it! Finding the motivation is hard! I have to keep reminding myself that I'm hoping for a better labor and less weight gain. Sometimes that's not even enough... Try Target for the maternity pants if you have to break down and get them soon. I think theirs are quite flattering!

Ozzy: Enjoy the films! We have a festival every year here in Charlottesville an have yet to go. Sad. Glad to hear LO is head down. I understand the slower workout weeks. The last two have been like that for me. So far this week is better. Oh, and as to the bras, I talked to my sister (b/c I was up two sizes by like 16 weeks) and she said that yes, I would get bigger right after the baby is born, but that in a week or so I should be back to pregnancy size once your body gets into a rhythm. She told me to buy a couple XL sports bras to wear the first week. But properly fitted bras sound like a dream!

RR: Nothing. Blah. Was planning on a 3 mile run after work but I got off an hour later than I was supposed to and DH was super stressed out and overloaded with work and wanted me to come home. So I did. But I'm going tomorrow for sure! He won't be home, which does make it easier.

PGR: Got a pair of flared maternity jeans that DH loves! He loves flared pants best and I found some on A Pea in the Pod for sale for $30, down from $90, which I thought was a good deal. DH was like, "Those are maternity pants!? My, times have changed. You can be pregnant and not have to give up fashion!" Haha!

NPGR: DH is working on PhD applications like mad, and I have agreed to help him fill out paperwork and get stuff sent in, so I will probably be spending the rest of the evening, and a good part of tomorrow doing that.