Womens Running

Fall like Friday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Supermoms~

RR: another stroller run planned for this morning after training clients, probably 5-6 miles depending on how long R is content. Ended up with 9 yesterday btw class and running after and it was great! I want to do a double digit LR tomorrow, hopefully I can squeeze it in.

TR: a bit off yesterday, he was pretty tired. but he perked up after a nice 3hr nap! loves going for his evening walk with us, now that he doesn't ride in the stroller anymore. he must not be growing as rapidly right now, as his appetite is next to nothing. oh well.

NRR: DH surprised me with a  pretty bouquet of daisies yesterday for our anniversary. When I came downstairs from putting R to bed, he had candles all over the living room and started a playlist that he made special just for last night, so we danced for a while. it was really thoughtful and sweet of him!

NRR2: IL's are coming today, will stay until Sunday morning. I have to finish cleaning the house and grocery shop. Wish I could say I was excited to see them, but they will be here ALL next weekend too, which will make 4 weekends in a row that we've seen them, 3 of which they stayed here. IL overload.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - hips/hams/lower back focus yoga video on my phone between clients.  I probably haven't done yoga in about a year...this should be...interesting lol.

TR - lots of stand up peeing!  Now when I ask if he needs to go potty, he says, "go potty, get candy." DH tried to catch him last night when he was doing #2 but he barricaded himself under the kitchen table with chairs and did his business there.

FR - crockpot spaghetti with sausage (I am too lazy to make turkey sausage, I just bought loose pork sausage meat), caesar salad with BACON.

NRR - at the grocery store yesterday, I was using the self check out and B refused to sit in the shopping cart.  The store has 2 level carts like this http://www.candyconceptsinc.com/2-Level-Shopping-Cart_p_3413.html except the top level has the holes for kid's legs like a regular cart and B was sitting in the top level instead of in the proper child seat.  He was reaching into the lower level to hand me stuff when a store cashier came over and berated me for not watching B closely and that it was "against store policy to have children sit in the cart basket."  I lost my shit at her and shouted, "Do not comment on my parenting skills and as for sitting, I am doing the best I can, so LEAVE ME ALONE!"  Then a few minutes later one of my grocery bags toppled over and she tried to be "helpful" and pick up the stuff (which I HATE) so I had to yell at her again to leave me alone.  Yeah part of it was PMS fueled but was that really necessary?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR/ER - rest day.  Last long run before the half tomorrow... i almost wish I ran it today because the temps were in the 40s this morning..

TR - scarfed down watermelon and strawberries last night.  And she ate bananas and pears at daycare.  Yay!  Think she has "stage fright" though, in 3 days at daycare she didn't poop once.  She waited until she got home.  With the nanny today which I'm sure she'll love.

NRR - DH sprained his ankle playing ball hockey last night and was tossing and turning in bed... which means I didn't get any restful sleep.  Back in the office today which means I get lots of free coffee...

rg - that is really sweet of your DH!  Is there any reason your IL's are over at your place so often?  Just to see R?

zorbs - ugh sorry about the incident in the grocery store... it's irritating when ppl assume you don't know how to parent based on your child's actions.. clearly those ppl don't understand that toddlers often do whatever they feel like no matter what you say/do...

running eh

RR - 5-6miles on the trail once the sitter gets here

NRR - working nights tonight - blah!

NRR#2 - I forgot to tell you all that I have a new nephew.  He was born on Wednesday, 9lbs 12oz - a big boy.  It went fast and everyone is doing well.  I now have 23 nieces and nephews w. three more on the way.  The oldest is 8!  It is so fun.

FR - not sure, I need inspiration!

KR - Oldest two in school again today - feels so strange to only have one child at home!

rg - why are the IL's coming this weekend and next weekend?  How far away do they live?  Hope you survive - I have a wonderful MIL, but that still sounds like overkill to me.  Such a romantic DH you have, that is awesome!

zorbs - sorry about the grocery store.  My kids never want to sit where they are supposed to - I get frustrated too - We get groceries at least once a week and you have to sit in the seat every time, why have a fit every time we get to the store.  I also find that sometimes those seats collapse and then they get out no problem.  Hope the yoga goes well!

cx2 - Sorry about DH's ankle, hopefully he's able to work w/o too much problem.  Good eating by C!!  What half are you doing?

runninmer

Morning!

RR:  Hoping for a walk either tonight or tomorrow morning.

TR:  I can't wait to get home and see him tonight and spend the weekend with him.  I love hearing the stories of the things he does from DH, but it just isn't the same as being there!

NRR:  First XC practice yesterday.  Some of the kids rocked the mile, others pretended like it was a death march.  I am always embarrassed as a coach when my kids are walking leisurely during a race.  BUT they are kids, and good for them for at least trying.

NRR#2:  DH told me last night that MIL cut back her already part time hours.  She told him that part of it is because of the baby.  After more thought, there has to be something more because she won't have both boys regularly until March or April.  Then it will only be until I am done with work in June.

FR:  Cinnamon Sticks from Pizza Hut were delicious last night.  I still want that orange soda.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

morning!

RR - 8 mile run on the treadmill this morning since DH is out of town.  Wasn't as bad as I envisioned it, but it would be nice to get a tv in that room so I had something to look at.  17 miles tomorrow!  I'm running with a group that is doing an out and back of the last 10 miles of the twin cities marathon course.

BR - loved the zoo!  Especially loved the monkeys, I think we could have spent all day watching them.  I ended up buying a membership because if our whole family even goes once it pretty much pays for itself.

KR - we've been walking to and from school with a couple of neighbors and they ended up staying over for an hour or so yesterday after school to play and chat.  They just moved here from Arizona the day after us so it's nice to talk with people in our same situation.  And the mom is a runner too!

FR - stir fry

NRR - I got suckered into a tennis league that starts today.  It runs through May and I play with the same girl the whole time.  I hope we like each other!  Smile

I will be back for personals after taking the girls to school, if L allows me to be on the computer.

L e e l a

RR - SRD before my first 20 miler this training cycle tomorrow morning. So glad that we should have perfect fall temperatures for it! We are going out to a quiet road in the country with the training group. It's nice to run with them for really long runs since it means we don't need to carry as much with us. Lots of foam rolling and some core work today. Last night I read the chapter in Anatomy for Runners on foam rolling and this morning got an email from my coach reminding us to foam roll every day. So I am trying to make it a priority.

IR - I have my PT appointment in 45 minutes. I am curious what she says about my PF.

NRR - I am dropping B off at my parents house after school for the night so J and I can both run long tomorrow. Planning to do some house cleaning this afternoon and DH and I will go out to dinner. We want to eat somewhere outside, probably on the downtown mall (outdoor pedestrian downtown area; they closed Main Street to car traffic decades ago; now it's mostly boutiques, restaurants, ice cream shops and businesses).

TR - DH guilted her into being quiet and going to sleep last night. I was really tired, and he told her they both needed to help me. He was going to help me with dinner and clean up and she would help by being quiet and going to sleep.  It totally worked.

FR - Somewhere out. Not sure where yet.

Erniegirl

ER - ST and core. Going to try not to kill my legs too much - they were tired on my run yesterday.

TR - Yesterday at the farm, a baby goat was on the loose and started following S around everywhere. She kept petting it and laughing. Then the goat came over to me and started rubbing up on my legs and S got jealous and tried to push it away. Started saying "roll over" while rolling around on the floor.

FR - Chicken baked with tomato sauce, zucchini and mozzerella cheese with spaghetti squash. This is my first time ever making spaghetti squash. We got one in our CSA box this week.

NRR - Friday, yay! Netflix and popcorn night for me. I finished LOST and have started on Dexter. I must have slept funny last night because my neck is really sore today, boo.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - srd... I would like to ST a bit since I missed it on Monday, but my legs are so darned tired from the ST on wed and my runs.  I'll probably just do some core and rolling.  Doing a mud run thing tomorrow, RP and I signed up for it ages ago w/ another friend and both of us regret it, it's just messing up our long run schedule.

TR - ugh she's driving me nuts this morning, which is made worse by the fact that I'm grouchy.

BR - officially can sign 'all done' now!  I don't think she understands what it actually means but she can sign it Smile

NRR - grouchy and annoyed at work.  I've sent my resume into my former company a couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything back, so now I'm expanding my search.  There's another company that is also closer to home (not downtown) that has a job posting that I'm very qualified for so I'm going to apply for it today.  I'll also do some searching to see what else is posted.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Might go after work if the temps stay mild. We had a severe thunderstorm last night, so I'm hoping the temps stay down.

TR: Another trip to Urgent Care. Oxygen sat levels were only 90 when we got there. Did a nebulizer treatment and the provider that saw us was our old doctor- first day on a new job. If she goes into practice again, I might switch us back to her. She put R on a daily dose of Singulair, which seemed to help because R slept all night.

FR: Bad mom, we went to McDonald's because I knew R would flip out if I took him home and then made him get back in the car to go pick up his prescription. He only drank his juice, ate the apple slices and a couple fries, wouldn't touch the nuggets. I was kind of proud, actually- that is until he started bitching about being hungry as soon as we got in the car.

NRR: Not a whole lot going on this weekend. Need to take a look at more house stuff. Bday party for my niece turning 1 and a bday suprise hike thing for my friend on Sunday.

NRR2- I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had thoughts of not having any more children because of my shitty genetics. I feel so much guilt over R's allergies and asthma even though its out of my hands. Its not an easy life.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

armmama

rg - wow, that was super sweet and thoughtful of your DH!  Sorry about the IL overload, that is a lot!

zorbs - omg I would have lost my shit too.  I HATE it when people are all judgemental about something that is none of their business.  The only way I can grocery shop when I have L and DD2 is if L sits in the regular kid seat and DD2 sits in the bigger cart part of the shopping cart so that woman can F off.

cx2 - sorry about the bad night of sleep.  I swear when DH is sick or hurts himself he would toss and turn just to keep reminding me how bad he feels.  I just want to tell him to suck it up.

eh - wow, that is a lot of nieces  and nephews!!  Do you have a huge family?  So fun they are all around the same age.

mer - yay for the weekend!  Orange soda is something that has never sounded good to me so I've never tried it.  My DD accidentally got a grapefruit soda (thought it was lemonade) so I ended up drinking it and it was delicious!  So maybe orange wouldn't be so bad...

leela - good luck with your 20 miler tomorrow!  And have a fun night tonight kid free!

ernie - the goats at the zoo yesterday were kind of freaking me out.  Yay for netfilx and popcorn night!  I need to figure out how to get netflix on our tv so I can watch some stuff.

CA - I was doing really well with ST for a while and now that the miles have gone up I'm back to being pretty inconsistent again.  My legs are just too tired.  Sorry about the bad situation at work, I hope you can find something else!

CTimesTwo

eh - I'm doing a local half, in Amherstburg, ON.. there's a full marathon and 5/10km as well... great course, it's really flat.. wow that's a lot of nieces and nephews... can you remember all their names?

mer - the only thing I've ever eaten at pizza hut that I liked was the Caesar salad... we have so many good local pizza places we rarely venture to a chain pizza place..

arm - we wanted to take C to the zoo this year but we never got around to it.. maybe next year.. hope your 17 miles goes well tomorrow!

leela - I had PF years ago.. fortunately mine went away after a month and hasn't bothered me since.. hope your appointment can shed light on your PF situation..

ernie - ha at least the goat wasn't humping you... C loves popcorn... eats it as if its the greatest food ever invented..

CA - been meaning to ask, did you parents get that house?  My parents are only a 20 minute drive away, and I wouldn't mind if they lived a bit closer but DH said it would drive him crazy to live so close to either of our parents.

spike - sorry things are going so rough with R... a friend of mine said the same about not having more kids, b/c her son has so many allergy issues like her and her DH, as well as asthma...

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- Aww that was cute of your DH!

zorbs- pork sausage always tastes better at least. I have to buckle R into the shopping cart or he will stand up the second I turn my back. LOL at the poop barricade, but yay for him figuring out peeing. We have poop down but are struggling with pee Sad

cx2-Sorry about the poor night of sleep.

eh- yay for new babies! Tonight is DH's last night shift until next Saturday. I need to remember to give myself a pedi while he's gone.

mer- what does MIL do for her PT job?

armama- 8 is the longest tmill I've ever done, and it was torture. Good luck with your tennis league.

leela- I love toddler psychology. Have a great kid free night/morning!

Ernie- I love spaghetti squash. It is def better baked than steamed.

CA- I would be grumpy in your situation too. Good luck with the job search! Fight the power!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

rG - awesome mileage yesterday! Awww on DH! so sweet.

zorbs - I'd have been pissed too, often these days M hangs off the back of the cart while we shop. I could really use some yoga also. From yesterday paleo pasta uses spaghetti squash for the noodles, it's really good.

cx2 - hope the half goes well tomorrow. O doesn't poop much out of the house either, hopefully she will at daycare once she adjusts. Yup my parents bought the house - so long as the conditions go through that is.

r-eh - have a good run on the trails! yay for a new nephew, that's a lot of nieces and nephews! I have 7 and thought that was a lot!

mer - yay for getting to spend the weekend w DS! I don't think I've had orange soda since I was a kid - it always makes me think of mcd's and those big red thermos coolers full of orange soda.

arm - nice job on the TM run! I usually just listen to podcasts on the TM, we have a TV but lately I set M up watching netflix and I listen to a podcast. We have a zoo membership too, it's totally worth it.

leela - yay for the first 20 miler! How many are you doing? I need to foam roll today also. I need to get that book, it sounds awesome.

ernie - mmm, your FR sounds yummy. I love spaghetti squash! Ooo dexter is soooo good!

spike - poor R Sad sorry he got your allergies, etc. M is kinda hard to feed at mcd's, she doesn't really like the food there, but she does like the toys.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

back for personals- had a really nice 5 miler with R this morning, had to dig out a pair of mittens for him as it was only 43*!

zorbs: yay for stand-up peeing B! lol on hiding to poop. R has a few special spots in the house where he likes to go. I hope the yoga vid went well today. good luck in your race this weekend! wow, i'd be pissed if someone yelled at me about that. seriously he was sitting down and behaving, much better than a screaming kid IMHO.

Cx2- hope the weather holds for your LR tomorrow, how far are you going? wow, great job on the eating, C! oh no on DH's ankle! I hope it's better soon. ugh, the IL's are taking a trip to see MIL's sisters, who live 2hrs west of us, so they are bookending their week by a weekend at our place on the way out and the way back. I just wish it was only 1 night each time not 2. it's a long boring weekend when they are here, as they do't really like to go do anything.

reh: nice runn this morning! boo on nights, I don't kow how  you do it, i'd be sleepin around 11pm! aw, congrats on the new nephew, big boy! wow, that's a huge family! see my response to Cx2- they're traveling and using our place as a hotel... it's only a 5hr drive for them to go straight to MIL's sisters house..not sure why they need to stop both times.

Mer: hope your first week of school went well! awww, I bet it's been tough to be away from J after a great summer with him! hope you can get out for your walk later. do you have a sub coach lined up for when you go on maternity leave? weird about MIL...

arm: nice job on the TM run! I have a hard time staying on it for more than 5 unless I have some good TV to watch yay for 17 tomorrow, hope it goes well. aw I bet the zoo was awesome, I can't wait to take R! yay for cool neighbors, and another mother runner! have fun with the new tennis league!

leela: woohoo on the 20 tomorrow, I bet you rock it! this summer has been ideal for training for a fall marathon- nice and cool, with a few brief exceptions. I don't miss the heat/humidity at all. i'll have to look into that book, did you buy it on amazon? good luck at the PT, hope she can help ease the PF pain. ha, I love your DH"s bribe with B!

Ernie: have a good ST workout today. aww cute about the goat, that's adorable. your dinner sounds yummy! hooray for Friday, I like your evening plans.

CA: boo on the mud run messing up your LR schedule! I find I race less when i'm training for a full b/c it's hard logistically to plan around a race sometimes, esp if the race has a late start, like 10AM. boo on M today, hope she takes a long nap so you get some downtime. way to go O! I hope you can get your work situation settled soon, that's really ridiculous.

spike: hope the weather cooperates for a run today. aww, poor R! I hope the new meds work for him. hugs on the genetics thing, its tough. sounds like a fun weekend planned with the party and hike, enjoy! I still have 2 weeks to go until our next free weekend Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08