Womens Running

It's FRRRIIDAAAAY (Read 11 times)

Kilmisters

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Margaret; re: running club being big part of social life - I'll say the same thing that a friend of mine did about running gear / race fees /hockey tickets being big part of my expenses -- this is TOTALLY not the worst case scenario at all Big grin

HCK - what kind of veggies are your growing?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sadly, it's Friday and all of a sudden it's Sunday night.

I have 4 after work.

Damaris

FRIYAY!!!

3.5 miles w the pup this morning. Glad I got out there early--supposed to be a scorcher today.

I am sooooo ready for the weekend!!!!

Have a great day

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill.  Air quality has improved, but figured better to use the treadmill for another day.

Kilmisters, I have tomatoes,  bell peppers,  spinach,  romaine lettuce, cilantro,  basil, blueberries and raspberries in various size pots on the deck.  I also have grapes in the backyard on a trellis DH built to keep them out of the deers' reach.

Docket, enjoy your 4.

CrazySue, nice run.

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, I have tomatoes,  bell peppers,  spinach,  romaine lettuce, cilantro,  basil, blueberries and raspberries in various size pots on the deck.  I also have grapes in the backyard on a trellis DH built to keep them out of the deers' reach.

Surprised Wow!

Anonymous Guest

Rest day here. I should be cleaning or doing some sort of chore, but I've done nothing all morning! It's been great. I did finally watch the Human Race documentary, which has been on my want-to-watch list for awhile. It was really good.

DH is getting work done on our only car, so he has to sit there all day while they do since I can't go pick him up. I can't go anywhere really, since he has the car.

Margaret, awesome that your running group is trying to get more active/involved again. And not surprised you stepped up to be the aid station captain for Miwok. They are lucky to have you.

Nice running everyone. Sounds like the east coast air is clearing up finally, that's good news.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Wow HCK--you have quite a garden!  We have tomatoes (almost ripe!!!), Chinese long beans, dragon tongue beans, Japanese eggplant, basil, Thai basil, dill, cucumbers, parsley, oregano, chives, rosemary, strawberries and bloody dock( a salad green), arugula and leaf lettuce, kumquat and key lime trees. Also kumquat, satsuma, blood orange and Meyer lemon trees at our old house. DH put most of it on a timer-watering system. I am bummed that my lavender died while we were in Texas--burned up due to high temps and no water.

I like to plant more than I like to water.....

If you would like to come over and help me repot plants this weekend: 4 orchids, crown of thorns (need body armor to repot that guy) volunteer lemon tree, and dragonfruit if DH gets the trellis built.

Waiting for tomatoes to ripen drives me crazy. DH wants to wait until the PERFECT MOMENT of ripeness. I would prefer to pick them a day or two early so the bugs/dogs/varmints do not get them.

Ready to float in the pool.

Half Crazy K 2.0

CrazySue, I considered biuying a little lime tree at Home Depot a few weeks ago. DH's beer of choice is Corona light with lime, so it made sense to me. He was not impressed with my idea, so no lime. Do your dogs try to eat any of the veggies?

AnonymousGuest, youck, waiting at the car dealership sucks. I have to take my car in AGAIN because the tire that they patched is slowly losing air. I told them, I like 10.8 miles away, will you still shuttle me home & back (website says 10 miles). They will.

Woo, FRIYAY!  TGIF!  Another busy day at work but I snuck out a little early and got some chores done.  Even swapped a couple books from a little free library not too far from my house.  Tessa would be proud.  A productive day.  Need to hit the road early tomorrow for a 30k over in the east Bay Area.

Kilmisters, I played the song and my macaw started dancing.  She approved.

Nice miles, Damaris and CrazySue.

HCK, nice that you can grow so much good stuff.  We have a lot of fog and not a lot of water, so our options are more limited.  Meyer's lemons do well.  Rosemary, lavender and sage practically grow wild.  Farmers in this area grow strawberries, artichokes, pumpkins and Christmas trees.   Lettuce, kale, chard, and arugula are happy here, as long as you keep the snails away and water them.

Karen, quiet days are good.  I'll have to look up the Human Race documentary.  I just watched a short film on YouTube called Nettie from Ohio about Western States runner who's in a couple of my FB groups.  Got me motivated about WS again.

Enjoy the weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR