Womens Running

Beach Friday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Hey all! Just checking in shortly, as I am working from... the beach office Big grin This final month before marathon is going to be fun; this is how my yesterday looked:

9am – 11am: getting up, managing Minis, breakfast etc.
    11am – 3pm: work from home (time w minis & managing pets in between)
    3pm-4pm: 10k w intervals in ungodly heat, but I had no choice
    4pm – 5pm: lunch/dinner, time w Minis
    5pm – 8pm: more work
    8pm – 10pm: 4k jog w team + floorball
    10:30pm – 5am: shower, proper dinner, beer, NHL (!!!!), more work [proper sleep is for weaklings; NHL!!!!!!!]

Friday 9am - 11am: getting up (and announcing to entire world how happy I am that Columbus won), managing Minis, breakfast etc.

...aaaaand repeat Big grin (some days there is no floorball, but then I can start watching NHL from 7pm)

I am not complaining, I LOVE THIS, but couldn't manage this for a long time for sure.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Omg. My fridge died and I awoke to thawing food. Hopefully hubby can get it to my sister or daughter's freezer before it's spoiled. I'm at work and can do nothing about it myself. Ticks me off because I have been telling him we needed a new one (it's 22 years old and all the other appliances have been replaced but he didn't want to spend the money at the time when stove died. And he's cheap so when that died I got a cheap stove and so I just KNOW he's going to order a cheap fridge. Ugh).

And my headphones are dying! Work will be awful if they crap out while I'm here. It gets me through the day so that I don't have to talk or listen to coworkers.

So probably only one mile tonight.

Ack

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

7 total miles this morning, I ran 6.2 for my virtual 10K's and then stopped Strava and walked/ran the remainder home.  Beautiful morning and I actually got my butt out there early!

Massage in a bit then I have a couple of errands to run before BF and I head out of town for a few days camping.  We're actually staying fairly close to my mom and step dad so will see them at some point.

Elina - beach office sounds wonderful!  That is a busy day you  had yesterday!

Lori - oh no on the fridge, that is not a good way to start the day.  Hope the head phones hang on through your work shift!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have a massage and a vet appointment for Rubio's cancer/IBS follow up. Depending on time tonight, 8 or 11.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4 for me plus 30 minutes of upper body.

Humid run but wasn't too bad since it was short and sweet Smile. Friday's are normally my rest days but just kinda going with the flow of things since I am not training for anything Smile

Rushed around this morning so I could get Ruger to daycare and back home in time to shower. I have a call at 9. I am also covering for someone today so kinda have to be "around" in case. I got my COVID duty schedule which isn't too bad. Only "on call" for 2 days this month. I have a feeling today is going to be stressful. At least its Friday!!!!

Laura – Look and you and the walking miles! I would join you if I lived near! OMG I totally get what you mean about the crisis in their minds. I had a site yesterday place a work order about no AC at 12:00pm. They call me at 12:30 and ask where the tech is. Apparently my same-day arrival time for afternoon was not good enough. I was like, WTF. Why didn’t you place your work order first thing in the morning? Also, to get someone out SAME DAY in 100 degree weather is pretty awesome. They ended up closing the branch. They want INSTANT. I didn’t let it stress me out. I can only do what I can do! Ridiculous. Great run this morning and enjoy the massage and camping trip!!

Lisa – Nice run for you yesterday. I HATE high knees. You would think us runners would find them “easy”..yeah, no. Your weekend of running sounds awesome!

Margaret – Glad you had such a great run yesterday. I know I say this all the time, but you live in a beautiful part of the Country. Gin and tonic sounds really good. That is a perfect “Summer” drink. How are things going with the new job assignment?

Kilmisters – Beach office? I hate you. 😊 I guess floorball + running is going OK?

Lori – Oh no! Sorry for the awful start to the day! A fridge that lasted 22 years?! You sure got your money’s worth!! Hang in there!!

Docket – Have a good run and massage! Hope Rubio’s appointment goes OK!

HAPPY FRIDAYYYYY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Heyyyyyyyyyyo.  So happy it's Friday!  Only a short walk for me.  The knee got completely outa whack last night and was horribly painful.  I've since managed to jar everything back into place so it's now feeling good!  Not sure I'll get out for any miles, though.  But, will plan on a much longer walk this afternoon with the pup.  Went to my first bar/restaurant for a burger and IPA since March last night!  Walked there, sat outside socially distant.  Wear a mask except when eating and drinking.  It was really nice!!  But, stood up and the knee was wonky wonk.  OMG I could barely walk home.  So weird and random.

Margaret - man, is it beautiful there!  Folsom as in JCs Folsom prison?  Whew, nice hot run!

LIsa - oh man, high knees will get the heart pumping!  Brings back memories of track workouts.  Yah, DIPAs have too much alcohol to taste hoppy!  LOL  I like them okay but they can be dangerous.

Laura - look at you with all the walking!  Nice!  Haha I laugh when you say "tall friend" because I think you mentioned that she's my height LOL  I wanna see your hippie dog!!  Awesome 10K this morning!  Sounds like a fun day and weekend planned - enjoy!

Elina - your days sound busy and fun but how you survive on such little sleep is crazy to me.  Must be your youth!  I have not been following the NHL but I did see the Wild play tonight and it's a must win or they are done.  The MN soccer team (football to the rest of the world) lost last night so they are done.  Baseball team is doing great.  I think it's hysterical they have cardboard cutouts of people in the stands.  Apparently you can buy one of yourself.  I guess it's a way for them to make money!

Lori - oh man, sorry about the fridge and headphones!  Hope you make it through the day and then can enjoy the weekend!

Damaris - awwww hope all goes well with Rubio today!!

Liz - soooo happy you are enjoying your shorter runs with no schedule.  Hope your day isn't too bad.  What's on tap for the weekend?

No weekend plans here surprise surprise.  Going to be warm and steamy with possible storms.  Hope to get out for a bike ride tomorrow.  Happy Friday!!

Anonymous Guest

I considered getting up and running right away this morning - it was 46 degrees. But my toes got cold from walking the dogs in the wet grass, then the coffee was ready, now it's two hours later and I'm still just hanging out. A run in the 60s with no humidity will be just fine. When I check the weather on my computer, my bookmarked page is TX weather, where it is 87, feels like 101. At 9:30 there. Then I switch to here and it's 61, feels like.......61. People here probably wonder why there even is a "feels like" temp.

DH is out riding his bike (somehow he snuck out the door before me today), then is going to log onto his work computer and find the paperwork for retirement so he's ready to go on Monday. Apparently the company announced earlier this week that they would no longer be matching 401K contributions at all! They used to match 7% to your 6 if you took the matching in company stock, or 6% otherwise. Now, 0. So DH wants to get his pension money right away, before they starting trying to change those calculations too.

Elina, you sound so much happier now that hockey is back! And floor ball.

Lori, wow that fridge lasted a long time. Guarantee a new one won't last that long. The CO place has super cheap appliances, but they work. I'd love to upgrade the entire kitchen, but.....everything works.

ccoakley, nice 7 yesterday in the heat and humidity.

Sandy, hmm, maybe I need to be reading Margaret's cousin's book. I started the latest David Baldacci book and so far just can't get into it. Geez, I hope you make it through all these marathon phone calls.

Laura, have fun this weekend!! Nice run this morning, and I'm sure it will be relaxing just to get away from home for a few days.

Lisa, nice job getting the high knees in there. Those things are not fun.

Margaret, Folsom Lake is beautiful, but inland hot! I remember the shock to the system just going from Concord to Alameda. The local legend thing on Strava is new and kinda dumb. It's the person that has run an existing strava segment the most times in 90 days. I did a run here the other day and ran up the same street twice. It was apparently a segment that nobody runs, as I became the local legend after that run.

Liz, with your work so crazy right now, maybe this is a good time to take a step back from hard marathon training. Run what you want when you want for stress relief and sanity, but no pressure.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Karen - oh!  Thanks for explaining Local Legend.  I thought it was the fastest on that segment.  I think it's awesome you are a Local Legend   Yah, another 8 hour call.  been on almost 3 hours and we have yet to start a test.  The guy in AZ sent us a video of his 1st grader's distance learning.  Hilarious for sure but let's get to work, boyzzzzzzzzz.  Of course Sleepy is still not on the call.  Enjoy your nice cool run!  Oh man, sounds like a good idea that DH is getting out while the gettin's good.  I think you will really like Bobby's (like Margaret calls him ) book.  I could NEVER get into David Baldacci.  This one has a lot of characters to keep track of but I'm keeping up!

Bored with this call today and not really feelin it to multi-task.  Have a hard customer call at 2 and then I want to log off.  We will see if that can happen.  My friend that does the annual Derby party (Derby was moved to early Sept) canceled today.  She said they didn't want to rely on the weather to have it outdoors and buffets aren't really a good idea.  Understandable for sure but still super disappointed.

Sandy, yes! Folsom as in Johnny Cash’s Folsom Prison Blues.  Fun fact about Folsom: a new species of tarantula was discovered there and named after JC.  (I have never seen any tarantulas during my runs in that area.)

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/environment/article58798768.html

Karen, Strava does love its gimmicks, thanks for ‘splaining.  It’s like “crowns,” which I find silly. There's a small .7 mile segment near my dad’s house that no one runs on, apparently, since I got the crown, accidentally.  But who goes for .7 mile runs?

Kilmisters, sounds like a great schedule as long as you don’t need to sleep.  Nice to finish up the work-week on the beach.

I’m stalling too much... must get done work done. Will check back in later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Rest day today.. will do Yin Yoga tonight and then have wine on the deck.

Will be heating back up this weekend.

Margaret-the heat is no joke. I'm hydrating today for this weekend. With water so far. When life serves you lemons make gin and tonics!

Elina-good thing you are young.. then again.. I don't sleep well but I'm just tossing and turning usually. Life is good! Enjoy!

Lori-maybe you should push for the high end fridge so that you end up with a midrange one. 

Laura-yeah for getting your butt out there!

Liz-yeah it was a total surprise to me how hard and how much they hurt. Kind of funny in a way to be surprised by things still at 57. Weekend will also include trying out new bicycle seat (50 mile ride was moved to next year but I got a new seat! ) and seeing how I do on the TDub! AKA Lisa learns to drive a motorcycle. No eating of dirt will be allowed.

Sandy-putting your knee back into place doesn't sound like a sustainable plan of action. what the heck girl!? Get that think checked out.

Karen-yes we are all seeing changes to things like profit sharing (duh) and our PTO won't roll over. This isn't a bad thing, just a challenge. I turn off the segments thing. Not likely I would be winning many of them.. although around my condo I would. LOL Would likely get some local legend segments by A's place too.

Lisa

ccoakley

Damaris, where are you now?

Gatsby, that lake looks gorgeous!!  How many times did you think about jumping in?

Kilmisters, so jealous of the beach!!! That is my happy place. Are Minis your kids?  And if so how on earth do you get to sleep in til 9am? I’d love to learn that trick

Lori, good luck with the fridge!

LC Runs, congrats on your virtual 10K

MyMomRuns, back to back 3 and 4 hr trail runs? that’s super impressive!  I’ve only dipped my toe into trail running—I think I like it but it’s super intimidating.

Seloc, hope your knee feels better.  Burger and a beer outside that someone else cooked sounds really decadent these days.  Sorry your party got cancelled

Karen, that’s some extreme temperature changes 46 to 61 in a few hours.  I don’t think I’d ever dress correctly for a run.  I have a hard enough time when I know it’s going to be the same temp the whole time.

I was supposed to do a solo 12-13mi LR this morning before everyone woke up but I was not feeling it.  I used that time to get ahead on work and took the kids on a 9 mi stroller jog after breakfast.  It was overcast and drizzling the whole time and it felt so wonderful compared to all the humidity.  I had a really good run which makes me feel better that it really is the heat dragging me down.

I like the Local legends on Strava.  I’m not fast enough to grab any crowns so I like being about to compete for something.  Maybe it’s cause I live where there are tons of other runners so there are no ‘easy’ segments.  One of the women from the Olympic Trials lives in the Richmond area and basically owns every crown in town. Around here we have some segments that are 1 block long and some that are 2 mi long, I enjoy the mix.  Here’s my Strava profile if anyone wants to connect over there too

https://www.strava.com/athletes/42517621

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Howdy and TGIF!!!  Walked w DH and Skye this morning.  Took mom to the doc for a heart checkup. Last time she got lost, so I took her today just to be sure. Then grocery shopping. DH gets pissy when I take her shopping, but I honestly don't think she can manage and it is better than having her fall down and have to come stay with us again!

Karen, I saw the local legend tag.  I lost mine....need to get it back!!  It is along the route Cissy and I run 2x a week. Idk who that Amanda is.....

School in Mississippi begins the first week of August. Families had the option of traditional school or distance learning. I'm not sure what the percent of in school vs home learning is.  But---kids cannot participate in extra curricular activities, sports, band, etc if they are distance learning (which makes sense) so that may have been a deciding factor.  All the teachers are back on campus now, whether they are teaching in class, via distance, or both. So teachers' kids are back in school too for the most part. DD is a middle school PE coach, and she said even if they had 100% distance learning, the teachers would be required to return to the school. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Ann Marie loves her new daycare/preschool class. She was dancing up a storm to the ABC song.  Hopefully Abe is taking a bottle by now. The first day didn't go too well. Yes, they have been working on it for the past 6-8 weeks. No, he wants his boob.

Lori--Ugh on the fridge. I hope you can get one quickly. We had to order one for mom and they were backordered and it took 2+ weeks for delivery.

Damaris--fingers crossed for Rubio

Sandy--ouch on the knee. Do you wear a brace when running to keep it aligned?

Guess I'd better get some work done.

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, so jealous of the beach!!! That is my happy place. Are Minis your kids?  And if so how on earth do you get to sleep in til 9am? I’d love to learn that trick

Beach is my happy place too! I avoid going there too often, tho - having work calls w loud music in the background and sipping cider while finalizing some calculations can become counterproductive if done too much Big grin It's only a 40min drive, tho - so very tempting! Minis are kids; yes - MiniK (Kadri) is turning 3 this year; her younger brother MiniE (Erki) - 2 yrs. Sleeping till 9am is possible thanks to DH; an early bird who is usually up by around 6am.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hubs ordered a fridge

3-4 week wait due to pandemic. Omg

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Oh no! I am sorry to hear about the knee. That is really random. Does the brace help at all?? Maybe even for walking. Going to a restaurant sounds like a DREAM!! I was actually thinking this morning of maybe going to one tonight! Bike ride this weekend sounds fun 😊. I have been wanting to take the bikes downtown and ride, but am afraid I will be done 2 miles in LOL. I need to get used to it. Bummer on the Derby party ☹. Not much going on here this weekend..my parents are coming for dinner tomorrow. We are making kabobs. Other than that…nada!

Karen – Ugh. So jealous of your stinkin’ weather! Enjoy that run later you local legend, you 😊! I have heard a lot of companies not doing the match. HCDH’s included. Don’t blame DH one bit for wanting to get his pension money right away. Oh yes, I think you were on the road when I mentioned I officially am postponing my MTT until next year. I don’t think Richmond will happen – it will most likely go virtual. With no real motivation for races for the next 6 months, I am just taking it easy and running what I want when I want. I have really enjoyed it thus far. I don’t think I have had a break from marathon training since I started running marathons 5 years ago. It’s a nice change, I must admit. Plus, Summer. I still plan on joining the Winter training team in December though.

Margaret – I think I would quit running if I saw a tarantula.

Lisa – OMG! Learning to drive the motorcycle this weekend!! How fun! Do you have to have a permit or anything to do that or are you just learning in a parking lot? HCDH’s bike scares me. Have fun 😊

CC – Nice 9 miles this morning! With a stroller? I just can’t imagine that! This heat really is a drag and takes a lot out of you. That makes me even more impressed that you are out there with a stroller.

Susan – Interesting on the back to school. Crazy how every county is different. Aw, Ann Marie!!

CRAZY freaking day. I am exhausted!!! I am going to try and take a quick snooze before wine Smile

Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2