Womens Running

Snowy WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lizzie, unless I eat three of those, no, not enough.

Karen, EASY.  I am sure I'll get a comment later about this, hmmm, especially since I have not run in 5 days.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, too lazy to go back to the previous page -- three what?

Karen, I'm sure you can do 3:50 given your half, although too bad for your friend if she has to wait. My feeling is if anyone carpools to a race they have to deal with waiting for the slowest person. (Usually I am the slowest, as you know, so I'm not concerned. If I am running a shorter distance and have to wait for someone doing a longer one, like me doing the 50K and RN doing the 50 mile, I have a book with me and make sure I have the car keys.)

Liz, I think kids can do fine with only one kidney also, but that's something to ask the doctor.

Elina, my SIL was swearing about having turned off the TV too early also.

6.37 on the TM. For some reason even 6.3 was a real push today.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Snow day today. Didn't even get the benefit of sleeping in--woke up to a 2 hour delay, went back to sleep for an hour, then got up, showered, had coffee, then the city changed their mind. 7 miles on the treadmill with some short intervals. There was no way I was running outside. Since it was a little warmer the past few days, there was a thin layer of ice under the snow. We were sliding on the driveway as we shoveled.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran my 4 @ 10:52mm and I think that qualifies as EASY, Karen.

I only had to cough a lung 3 times.  Much better than last time I had this shit.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Liz, well way to go on the review, Mammal! Nice surprise there.

Ginny, good to see you. I think trying to be positive is half the battle.

Tessa, of course my friend will wait (unless she wants to take an uber back to my house....) and not mind at all. I'm just using that as an extra incentive to get done faster. I'll still give her my extra car key so she can wait in the car if the weather is bad. That's a pretty long lunch run - nice!

Damaris, nice EASY run for you today .

HCK, nice TM run. Don't blame you for not going out in weather like that, good chance of falling and hurting yourself.

Oh, I sent the link to my blog post to the head of USA Fit (the organization my little group is part of). She said it made her cry and I did a great job of explaining why we do what we do. Then she mentioned again that she'd really like me to be the organizer next year for the group since I did most of it anyway. I need to talk to her more before I agree to do it though, I'm not sure of everything that's involved and I think there are parts that I wouldn't be as good at. And I would still want to coach, so they'd have to let me do both.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is awesome, Karen!

It was easy because I could barely breathe, ha.  But last mile was at 10:20mm so not too bad.

Damaris