Womens Running

Pistachio TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YUM!!!!!!! Pistachio cake and ice cream!!! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.3 easy miles for me.

Great run! Colder than I thought it would be...mid 20's. I won't complain Smile Looking at my schedule this morning I probably should call next week my "cut week". It has my mileage at 37 with a "long run" of 10 miles Smile These two weeks were originally taper for a half that I decided not to do. I guess I will just say that I am "tapering" to my cut week next week Smile

Today is HCF's first day of cardiac rehab. I am taking my lunch early to go with him. We are in a bit of a fight I guess you could say. I went home yesterday before I went to abs - he wasn't expecting me. I caught him smoking. He tried to hide it but my nose can smell it now! It wasn't a cigarette but one of those mini cigar things..still. I was so angry. He looked so ashamed and said he never wanted to see that face I made ever again. Working through that but having a hard time letting my "worry" go right now. I was just starting to relax a little and now I have to worry about trusting him. Blah.

On a positive note, I have a massage after work today! SO EXCITED!!!

Lisa – YAY for hopefully running outside today! January 17? Wow. That is a long time! Cross Timbers sounds tough. Nice job getting it done! I don’t know about Abhay’s sisters hating you..you may have inspired them to do another Smile I am SOOO looking forward to April!! WOOT!

Run4kupcakes – Hope you were able to get some sleep! I love turtles!! YUM.

Big wigs will start coming onsite today. Glad I get to miss some of that for HCF's doctors apt. BIG meeting tomorrow.

Happy Pistachio Tuesday!! Smile

Anonymous Guest

Running rest day for me! I'll do a kettlebell workout at some point and possibly an easy spin on the bike, since my schedule says XT.

Taking Riley to the vet for an ear infection shortly. Not sure how we're going to get out the door without the Huckles. DH is working from home (even though he said he was going into the office today), so hopefully he can help. Somehow.

Liz, 20s is cold!!!! Do you have another cutback week sometime between these two and your taper? I'm assuming one more, but if not, maybe consider moving next week a few weeks? Ugh, that's stressful to have caught HCF smoking. Hopefully he saw how upset you were and that will be the push to keep him from picking up the next time he wants to.

Last night was a big meeting for the neighborhood about a developer that is trying to put low income apartments on the vacant lot at the entrance to our neighborhood, across the street from the elementary school. I don't want to be a NIMBY, but.......I am. The former state rep was there with suggestions on what to do and explanation of how the law works.

Oh, and I finished our taxes! Our refund is about half last year, but with the change in withholding we actually did pay less tax than last year, about $3k. So yay on that, and now I check the IRS website every day to see where my refund is!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Fancy that it's Pistachio Tuesdays because I am eating...pistachios.  Ha.  Pilates for me and that's it.  I was surprised my run went well last night when I was sore from the race and all that walking at the parks.

Liz, oh, no!  

Karen, poor Huckles does not want to feel left out!

Damaris

Well crap.  My post disappeared.  Still resting my ass today.  Piriformis advice anyone??  I tried rolling twice and I think that irritated it more.

Liz--NO!!!  NO smoking!!!! He needs a substitute--gum, a stress ball, knitting, etc.   Smile Good luck with the big wigs visit.

Karen--I don't want to be a NIMBY either, but I am right there with you. You didn't build a nice home in a nice neighborhood to live next to the projects. I wouldn't either.  Another strike against the first house we liked was the shady neighborhood.

I'm rehearsing the presentation my boss re-wrote for me.  Ugh. It is so not me.  "Hello, and allow me to reintroduce myself...." What is wrong with "HI, I'm Susan"?

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, smoking is deadly. There is also the threat of secondary smoke. I have asthma now because I was raised by smokers even though I never smoked. Substitute behavior can help a lot (and NOT chewing tobacco). One friend of mine had determined that certain triggers like a friend calling her on the phone to chat made her want coffee and a cigarette. Substituting something like gum, lollipops, etc. are a good idea. HCF needs to keep trying until he finds what works.

Today I did 50 minutes running with intervals on the TM, then 30 minutes fast walking. I have a sore rib on the right side. Yesterday I was baking 2 halves of an acorn squash in a casserole dish. I had to reach into the side of the oven kinda catta-squanchwise to lift it out when it was done. Around the bottom rib is tender to the touch but didn’t bother me when running or walking. I’ve cleaned the side rails of the metal shelf so it should slide out when I am using it the next time. I should’ve cleaned it sooner. 

Happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Tuesday!  6 easy miles on the TM this morning for me, it's a cutback week.  Not a huge cutback in miles but some in intensity.  Gearing up for my goal pace long run this weekend (10 miles with 4 at goal half marathon pace).  I did get a short run outside last Friday afternoon, it was almost 40, sunny, and no wind so I snuck out of work early and ran a couple miles to the car repair place to pick up our car.    The run was decent, had to run on the streets because the sidewalks are so icy.  Did the rest of the runs indoors during the weekend, we had freezing rain on Saturday and winds up to 50 mph on Sunday.  Brought the "feels like" temp down to below zero.  No thanks!  Things at home are eh.  I forgot to pack a lunch yesterday so DD packed one for me.  Even left a note for me and cut the crust off the bread for my sandwich.  

Lizzie, nice cold miles!    60 days until Glass City!  Sorry about HCF's little relapse.  I can imagine his face at being caught.  Like a little kid with his hand in the cookie jar.    I haven't had to quit smoking myself (I have never smoked), so I can't really judge him.  I know people that have quit and how difficult it is.  Don't give up on him!  Thanks for your thoughts and for reaching out.  Sandy did also.  You two are both awesome!  She is having a great time, which makes me happy.    Enjoy the massage!

Karen, aww, I hope you can escape from Huck!    That was an awesome long run that you had this past weekend!  You are not being a nimby.  Your feelings are totally understandable!  Nice about your taxes.  We never get a refund from Fed taxes, but we did pay less than we ever have.  I guess that is a plus.    We always get a refund from state and the balance was a net positive so there's that.

Damaris, looks like you had an awesome weekend!  Yay for the fast miles!!

Sue, sorry about the piriformis issues!  My RB is having issues with that, she is trying to do some stretching.  I laughed at your TMI.  Thanks for that.  

Judy, I hope the rib pain goes away!

Kat, good for you and the fresh food!  I gave into some cravings and figured I needed to put on some weight so I got some Pop Tarts.  My stomach hurt for the whole day afterwards.  

Lisa, that sounds like a tough race this weekend.  You did great!  April... I yearn for April...  

Cathy

LC Runs

Hey Ladies!

No run for me, too cold, too icy, too 'I dont' want to' lol   We are leaving our house around 3 am tomorrow am to drive to the airport (about an hour away).  We are supposed to get a snow storm starting overnight so that ought to be fun.  We are flying out of a smaller airport and then to Detroit for our connection so I am crossing fingers all goes smoothly.  At least in 24 hours I should be in the sun!

Work continues to suck and it's just making me care less and less.  It's not a manageable workload so I'm just doing what I can do and leaving.  I do think Management agrees but just what they'll do about it, I don't know.  We don't exactly do things quickly around there.  I also found out my best work friend is going to resign in a couple of weeks, she is going to work for her husband's company and take a social work break.  I am so happy for her, but it will be crappy to not have her there.  I asked if he would hire me as well ha ha!

Lizzie - I don't blame you for being irritated with HCF about the smoking, let's hope he now has some extra motivation to stop.  Enjoy the massage!!

Karen - I totally agree about not wanting low income housing near your nice neighborhood, hopefully that can be stopped.  Good luck with the vet and wrangling the dogs.

Damaris - your weekend looked like a blast!

Susan - I think 'Hello I"m Susan" works just fine!!

Judy - nice workout!

Cathy - that is so sweet of your DD!!  Thinking of you and hoping things are looking up!

Okay, best get back to the office, I am home for lunch.  4 more hours....!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lizzie, smoking is deadly. There is also the threat of secondary smoke. I have asthma now because I was raised by smokers even though I never smoked. Substitute behavior can help a lot (and NOT chewing tobacco). One friend of mine had determined that certain triggers like a friend calling her on the phone to chat made her want coffee and a cigarette. Substituting something like gum, lollipops, etc. are a good idea. HCF needs to keep trying until he finds what works.

Today I did 50 minutes running with intervals on the TM, then 30 minutes fast walking. I have a sore rib on the right side. Yesterday I was baking 2 halves of an acorn squash in a casserole dish. I had to reach into the side of the oven kinda catta-squanchwise to lift it out when it was done. Around the bottom rib is tender to the touch but didn’t bother me when running or walking. I’ve cleaned the side rails of the metal shelf so it should slide out when I am using it the next time. I should’ve cleaned it sooner. 

Happy runs, All!  

Me too.  Thanks, mom and dad. 

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Laura, I'm sorry that work has been so terrible.  That sucks that BWF is jumping ship.

I hope you make your escape safely!    Have a great vacation!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Pistachio cake and ice cream sounds amazing!  Ugh, on HCF sneaking a smoke.  My DH smoked when I met him, he quit, but every now and then I knew he snuck one in the garage.  Hoping cardiac rehab helps him, I’m sure emotionally this has been a real roller coaster for him...he is so young, and that has got to be hard to handle.

Susan - I d9nt have an,y piriformis advice, I did battle it for awhile, can’t even remember what I did to correct but I remember how bad it hurt!!!

Cathy - your DD sounds so sweet and caring.  I think you are definitely in need of some girl ,time at GC!!!

Judy - Hope the rib area feels better!

Laura - Yay for Florida!!!!  Hope you get out of this frozen tundra!  I’m so over this winter...

Karen - I totally understand your concern about the neighborhood!

Damarias - Your Disney pictures looked fun!  Was it hot?

Did my hill work out today, did weight training with some friends last night, tomorrow track run...busy, busy, busy LOL...

So looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone in GC!!

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cardiac rehab went well! It was mostly just an orientation of what they will be doing, HCF's goals, and what he will benefit from during the program. He will have to go 3x a week for 3 months. For the first couple weeks it will strictly be walking only (at different intensities) then as he gets in better shape, he can start to do other things. That includes coming to the gym with ME!! Smile He can do some treadmill walking at home now, but other than that..all exercise must be monitored. He is considered "high risk" since he went into cardiac arrest for several minutes.

I think the nurse scared him about the smoking. She was saying that when he feels the urge, to think about the fact that when you smoke, it closes your arteries 70% for 2 hours. It can mess up his stent! He looked at me with a scared look on his face. I am hoping this helps! He starts his fitness routine tomorrow! He is going to track food, too Smile Lots of changes!

Karen – Rileys FB picture was SO CUTE!! Enjoy your running rest day. I am pretty sure I do have another cutback week in my schedule..I will have to make sure when I get home. Good idea to move next week’s if I don’t! I am trying to picture where these apartments would go since I remember your neighborhood area. I wouldn’t be too happy about that either. I will be honest, I had to google search Nimby. AWESOME on the taxes!!

Docket – Enjoy Pilates!! Smile

Susan – Can you change some of the presentation on the fly? Just the easy stuff like introductions. He has been substituting smoking with walking. I hope today scared him enough!

Judy – On no! Interesting way to get a sore rib! Smile You could have burned yourself! Be careful! Nice run! Oh yes, chatting on the phone and smoking go hand in hand. Same with driving.

Cathy –  Nice miles from you the past couple days!! I have been stalking you on Strava  Smile Oh yes, HCF was exactly like a little kid with his hand in the cookie jar! LOL. How sweet of DD to make you lunch  Smile What is your goal HM pace? Hopefully you can get that done outside?? You will crush, I am sure. I can’t wait to see you sooooon!!! GIRLS TRIP!!!

Laura – Oh man. I hope you are able to get out and onto FL!! Aw, im sorry about the work situation. I 100% agree with your approach, though! Do what you can and go home. Don’t stress about it. Maybe your best friends husband will offer you a job!? You need a vacation!!

Carol – Nice workouts!!! Yes, a lot for HCF at one time!

Have a good afternoon! I am stoked for my masssaaggeeeee!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lizzie - Pistachio cake and ice cream sounds amazing!  Ugh, on HCF sneaking a smoke.  My DH smoked when I met him, he quit, but every now and then I knew he snuck one in the garage.  Hoping cardiac rehab helps him, I’m sure emotionally this has been a real roller coaster for him...he is so young, and that has got to be hard to handle.

Susan - I d9nt have an,y piriformis advice, I did battle it for awhile, can’t even remember what I did to correct but I remember how bad it hurt!!!

Cathy - your DD sounds so sweet and caring.  I think you are definitely in need of some girl ,time at GC!!!

Judy - Hope the rib area feels better!

Laura - Yay for Florida!!!!  Hope you get out of this frozen tundra!  I’m so over this winter...

Karen - I totally understand your concern about the neighborhood!

Damarias - Your Disney pictures looked fun!  Was it hot?

Did my hill work out today, did weight training with some friends last night, tomorrow track run...busy, busy, busy LOL...

So looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone in GC!!

Carol

Yes. Highs in the 90s.  I am tired of Summer already, lol.

Damaris

LC Runs

Cathy - you are so sweet!

Carol  - I am so excited to escape this weather!!  I signed up for the Midland Dow Half on June 1st, I took advantage of the $25 deal yesterday.  Oh, we have to plan our drive to GC, I would be fine driving down to meet you but we'll figure it out!

LIzzie - I hope the nurse got through to HCF!!  Her hubby works for a concrete finishing company, I keep thinking how good of shape I would be in after a summer doing that lol.

I did it! Actually ran outside in my neighborhood this morning! Remind me of this thrill when I am bored again with running in my boring neighborhood where the scent of Krispy Kreme is the highlight or helping a cop catch someone or not getting hit by a car. Also went to yoga tonight.

Lizzie-you can't control someone else. You can only let them know how it makes you feel and then do your best to let it go. hard of course when someone is doing something harmful but I wouldn't advise entering marriage with your position being mom or the enforcer. He's a grown up man. he should know better. His actions will have impact on you though so it's fair to let him know what that impact is.

Karen-yeah for the refund. I owe but it isn't as much as I was fearing based on everyone else's doom and gloom. You're allowed to feel NIMBY... I'm usually living in the hoods where it people have flew from. It's really not that bad. but home values are nice to keep for sure.

Damaris-nice call on the nut of the day!

Sue-good luck with the presentation. Yoga helps my piriformis... basically an hour of stretching.

Judy-nice working out! ouch on your rib!

Cathy-Upper Peninsula of Michigan totally got nailed with snow. Glad I'm not there but I'm just happy not to have ice. I don't think I'm offending any lovers of freezing rain when I say that it is the worst... there are no lovers of freezing rain... well maybe kids and teachers. We had that same weather here last weekend. I ditched my luge run with screw shoes when the winds kicked up. Had to drive around a downed tree leaving the park. Not worth it. "if a tree falls in the woods on you and you die does it make any sound?" Hmmm.

Laura-hope you make it before the snow gets here in Detroit.

Carol-are you coming to run North Country with Elina and me? Sure would be awesome!

Lisa