Womens Running

Weekend time (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And off we go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Just a quick 3.1 for me. Tried to keep this week semi cut back so I didn't want to do too much.

Marjorie

Ready for the weekend!  Happy racing to Tessa, Susan, Damaris, Carol, Laura (I think that's everyone?).  Will do a semi-long run with DH and RC today.  It's a busy weekend in town since there's a big cars/planes/other stuff show out at the airport ("Dream Machines") so it's one of those weekends where we'll be staying off the roads.

HI Marjorie. Cut-back weeks are good, give the legs some R&R.

Be back later!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

7.2 miles this morning, was supposed to be a nice day but my run was windy, a bit rainy and a bit...snowy   Yes, some of that moisture came down as snow flakes, ugh.  Seems to be okay out now.  My oldest DS has two soccer games so I hope it's somewhat decent. 
          At least I can sit in the car if its really nasty.  They play in anything.

Marjorie - your neighbor will be glad you 'only' ran 3 - LOL, people really don't get it.  When I was going through my divorce, my ex told our friends I ran 15 miles a day and that's all I cared about.  Ummm, I don't have a problem with someone running that distance but I certainly wasn't doing that kind of mileage.  He left out the fact that I ran in the morning, before he went to work (so, before 8 am) and while the kids were in bed (we were still living in the same house).  I then stayed home for 10 hours taking care of those kids while he went to work.  Clueless.

Carol - good luck today!!

Karen - enjoy the solo weekend, that really sounds nice to me!!  Good memory, tomorrow is a training run and I found out they're having pace groups (it's a Half or a 5k), so I'm thinking my RB and I should hook up with the 2:15 pacer, slower than my typical half but a good way to reign in the pace.  I am nervous, I really don't feel race ready

Good luck to everyone racing today and tomorrow!

Anonymous Guest

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, woke up for a bit as DH was getting ready to leave at 7:30 this morning, and then finally got out of bed at 9:30. Can't remember the last time I got 12 hours of sleep! It was awesome. I've just been drinking coffee and goofing off since - I guess I better get my butt moving. I'm going to head into Annapolis and hit Sam's Club and a running store that I have a gift card for that I won last summer at a 5K and forgot all about.

Damaris is probably done with her half by now - hope it was fun!

Laura, the 2:15 pacer sounds like a good idea - you race them in the 1:50s, right? So although a 2:15 pace is probably a nice long run pace for you, it will be hard to go that speed once your head notices it's a race. If you guys are feeling good, you could always pick it up the last few miles just for fun. Then again, you might not want to listen to me. The last 10 mile race I did that I was planning on running at MP, I picked it up at the end and ran the last mile at 5K pace! That made the additional 6 miles I had to run that day a little more painful....oops.

Hi to all, I'll be back later.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura I ran early enough the neighbor probably didn't see me.  Since I ran last his house befor 730 am.

Karen 12 hours?  I don't know I've slept that long in forever

had the water filter system put in. I'm happy to have water cut off access now in the garage. We only had it at the meter before which is just insane. Didn't take them long to run new line, put in the valves and the filter system. Took them about an hour and a half. Only charged us $400. They did a ton of work. Since he did it in his own versus through where he works it was very inexpensive. Just running the new lines outside would have been double that. We are happy.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - That sounds like alot of work for $400....sounds like you got a good deal!  Enjoy your cut back day.

LCruns - Seriously, you had snow up there????  Nice that they are having pacers for Covenant tomorrow!  Good luck to you and RB!  Hoping you won't be wading thru water like last year...that was freezing cold!!!

Gatsbybird - Sounds like a busy week-end, and one to stay off the roads.  Enjoy your run.

Karen - You must have really needed that sleep...kudo's to you on 12 hours!!!

Back from Trail Half....had a great time (by time I don't mean my "time" was great LOL) but the run was awesome!!!  Wasn't sure what to expect on the hills but did all right on them!  I am really noticing a difference in my strength from the classes I have been doing.  I feel like my upper body/core/quads are stronger which really help pull up the hills.  Amazing how many times people fell on the trails....ouch.  One lady told me she fell so hard her boobs fell out of her bra......the things we say to each other out there are too funny!  Loved everything about this race!  I felt strong, the whole time, I did do some walking up the hills...but didn't fall, or puke, so guess all is good!

I can't imagine 50k ...go Tessa!  Awaiting the other RR's!

Carol

annieSusan

Carol, there is something just so right about this statement! Somehow I don't think Marjorie's neighbor would understand, though!

Marjorie - That sounds like alot of work for $400....sounds like you got a good deal!  Enjoy your cut back day.

LCruns - Seriously, you had snow up there????  Nice that they are having pacers for Covenant tomorrow!  Good luck to you and RB!  Hoping you won't be wading thru water like last year...that was freezing cold!!!

Gatsbybird - Sounds like a busy week-end, and one to stay off the roads.  Enjoy your run.

Karen - You must have really needed that sleep...kudo's to you on 12 hours!!!

Back from Trail Half....had a great time (by time I don't mean my "time" was great LOL) but the run was awesome!!!  Wasn't sure what to expect on the hills but did all right on them!  I am really noticing a difference in my strength from the classes I have been doing.  I feel like my upper body/core/quads are stronger which really help pull up the hills.  Amazing how many times people fell on the trails....ouch.  One lady told me she fell so hard her boobs fell out of her bra......the things we say to each other out there are too funny!  Loved everything about this race!  I felt strong, the whole time, I did do some walking up the hills...but didn't fall, or puke, so guess all is good!

I can't imagine 50k ...go Tessa!  Awaiting the other RR's!

Carol

camille2

Good luck to all the racers!  I'm pretty sure Cindy is racing, too. The Chapel Hill 10 miler was today.

Carol, congrats on the race...and keeping your boobs in place! Too funny.  It's interesting that you're already feeling stronger from the classes.  It seems like you just started them a month or so ago, but maybe times flying by faster than I think.  Sounds like I need to find some.

Lisa, have you read the book  Wild, by Strayer?  She was completely new to hiking and was as  unprepared as possible, I think.  She finished it, but it was a bit of a miracle.  I liked the book a lot, but others thought she was too stupid for words to try something like that with no prep hikes or anything and they did not like the book. I like real adventure stories and it qualified.  I hope your friends are ok.

Karen!  You need to find a race for tomorrow morning, you slacker!  I'm still impressed with your Boston run and love the pics! In a day or two, I'll send you a race report I got from a coach here. I think you'd enjoy reading it.

LC, snow?? Sounds like Fairbanks.  You really have my sympathy.

Cindy, how did the 10mile race go? Thought of you...was it a bit warm?

Marjorie, it does sound like a good deal.  I use my water cutoffs all the time and know how handy they are.

Gatsby, do you go see the "dream machines?"

Hi AnnieS!

Sue,  seeing the quilts in the  contest is worth the trip!  It was the 30th,so the museum had an exhibit of Best of Shows, too.  The crowds in the vendor areas were almost too much for me, but the artistry...oh  my!   Paducah is one of my "63 things worth talking about" for the year. Since I'm not going to races and paying entry fees now, it's a good year to concentrate on quilting.  (Next year, I may need to get a job!)  There were some great prices on fabric, too. I tried to resist since I don't need any, but nice batiks at 6-7.50 a yard made me buy a few. I do have a pic of a  quilt I want to send you-it's too funny.

I stopped to run at Chickamauga on the way back today.  I didn't get there until  almost one, later than I planned when I hatched the idea.  It was still very pretty, but let's just say I enjoy running there more when it's a cool Nov day than when it's 80.  I felt like a 90year old, but got in 65 minutes.  How many miles, you ask?  I don't think I want to know.

LC Runs

Karen - great advice, thanks!  I am going to try and hold my pace back, on one hand I don't really feel I'm race mode so taking it nice and steady will be easy, yet I know that running faster just seems to happen when in a race.  We shall see...I ran this last year with another friend that was unable to run for more than a mile at a time and it was soooo hard to run that slow, I don't want a repeat of that experience lol!

Marjorie - I think every time you run past your neighbor's you should put your thumbs in your ears , wiggle your fingers and yell 'na, na na na na na"  Ha Ha, mature, right???  Okay, maybe just in your head

Carol - glad you had fun today.  I ran that race many years ago and it was so challenging!  And, that was a year that it was dry and warm.  Great job!  As far as the snow, it didn't stick, I could just see flakes instead of rain drops, yuck!

Gatsy - thanks for the shout out, hope you had a good run!

Hi Annie Susan!!

Camille - sounds like we had opposite weather...I really would like some nice mild temps lol

Good evening!  Ran 12 miles this morning, half of which was into a stiff headwind, ugh, but otherwise a nice day here.  Engaged in a bit of spring cleaning, scrubbing all the windows and sills to get rid of wintery mildewy funk.   Also did some laundry.  Otherwise, pretty lazy day.

LC, snow?!  Where are you again?!?  Running with the 2:15 pacer sounds like a good plan, should keep you at a reasonable pace but not too slow.

Karen, I'm sure your body needed the rest so good that you slept in.  What did you buy with the gift card?

Marjorie, hurray on getting  the water filter system installed for a good price.

Carol, great job on your trail HM!  How awesome to see the improvement from your strength training.  I'm hoping that my PowerBlast class will make me a stronger runner.  It's basically high intensity interval training, 2x per week.

Camille, we won't be going to Dream Machines this year but have gone a few times since we moved here in 2004.  It's a good event for the community (hotels are full, restaurants are busy, the Coastside Seniors benefit from it) but it's not something we need to do every year.

HI AnnieSusan!

Lisa/MMR -- doesn't your sister live near Santa Rosa?  My DH and I are thinking about signing up for the Santa Rosa Marathon on 8/24.  Any chance you'd be up for something like that?  There's also a HM if you aren't thinking marathon just yet.  Prices go up on 4/30 so we'll probably sign up soon.   Good swag!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Camille-Wild is the book that inspired this trip.  The girl by me kept quoting from it and referring to it.  I did make major point of saying that most people use each trip/attempt as learning experience for the next one/leg.

Gatsby-She lives in Glenn Ellyn, basically Sonoma.

Lisa

ginnyb

LC...you have my sympathy with the snow.  I guess you live in worse weather place than Ohio.  It is cold here though , but thank goodness no snow yesterday or today.

Congratulations on all the racers!  I think you all did great!

Ran 10 miles this morning and didn't feel too bad.  Slow, of course, but the encouraging thing is that my 10th mile was my fastest, so I am happy.

My GD's each have ballgames again today, 2 each!  No way we can watch them all, so will pick one each, there goes my Sunday!  Oh well, it is cold here again today, so won't be that pleasant watching.  We get such a short warm season and every passing day, that season is getting shorter and shorter.  Not happy.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run yet. I'm undecided. We have puppy pool today since they had events yesterday so moved pool to today. I will decide after pool if I will run today or not.

Carol it was a great deal. Just what they did outside would have added another $800 to the price. Easily.

Ginny nice 10. So sorry it is cold again

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Today turns into a rest day. Not feeling it after the pool.  So, I will just be lazy

Marjorie