Womens Running

MOURNFUL MONDAILIES (Read 21 times)

Seloc

Mournful because it's Monday and mournful because the Vikings lost last night.  All East Coast for the Super Bowl in 2 weeks.

Seloc

12 mi on Saturday with RB I'm helping train for a half next week.  She did great!  I told her (and planned) on running 11 but mis-calculated.  Glad she didn't hate me for it - told her it should give her confidence for next week haha. 5mi yesterday.  Both days it was just below freezing so had to deal with lots of slick re-freeze spots but overall awesome running weather.  Today is regular rest day which I may regret tomorrow since it has just started snowing and they are expecting 5-10inches.  All the schools are even closed already which is UNHEARD of!  I'm banking on the roads being cleared by morning for a run tomorrow.

Otherwise busy but good weekend.  Taco feed and hockey game on Sat were good.  Ran into a TON of people I hadn't seen in awhile.  So lots of socialization.  Yesterday made my stew again. stopped at my sisters for a bit and then home to watch the dismal football game.  Dismal because it wasn't even a game - Philly dominated.

That's all I got for now - will be back with personals.  Except - hope you had a FANTASTIC birthday, Lizzie!!

Seloc

Lizzie - okay, you will laugh.  But, I'm trying to find a place to take you for cake.  I stopped at this bakery on Saturday but they only sell single pieces of Red Velvet and Carrot cake on a regular basis.  There are other places I will check out but I think I'll let my "fingers do the walking" haha.  Do you know that reference?  Were you able to check out that neighborhood you might want to build in?  60mi this week aint no big thing for you, girl.  You got this!  You've been very smartly increasing.  Ummmm, I would LOVE to say I'm thirty something haha.  Or, just say it's the 2nd anniversary of your 29th - that works, too.  

Laura - so happy you got to run outside and congrats on the race!!

Karen - awwww so sweet of your baby runners to bring you flowers.  So sorry about the cold!  At least it's coming at a decent enough time and not a week before a big race or something.  Good reason to rest and hopefully it runs it's course fast.

Sue - congrats on the 10K!

HCK - cool trail photo.  Is it pretty hilly?  A trail half sounds fun!

Damaris - I guess not so mournful for you since you are off work today.  Or, maybe you don't get paid so it IS mournful.  Good luck with the tile busting project!  And, nice workouts as always.

Kat - LOL on 55* being chilly.  I know, it's all relative but I would be in shorts haha.  Oooh, nice job on the purging.  I need to do some more of that.

Gatsby - wowzers on the 20 trail miles!  Nice job!  Couch to 50K seems to suit you well!  Enjoy your day off.

Tessa - wow, nice 20 for you, too!  And all solo?  You don't do music, do you?

Elina - sorry for the loss but glad your legs have been feeling so great!  Ankle all healed up, too?

Well, I best actually get started on the working part of from home.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.5 for me. Gym tonight for abs.

Spring time over here - 54 degrees out there getting to 70 today. I was running in shorts! Warm the next two days and then we are getting somewhat colder. Not real cold though. The run..was AWESOME. One of those where I could have gone on for HOURS. Too bad my LR wasn't today.I really think it was because I had so many carbs this weekend - in the form of cake of course Smile

Oh so get this. I had a weird feeling this morning. Just something was off. I am at about mile 8 and I hear a gunshot. And then another gunshot. I was like..WTH..should I call someone? Then I thought..well maybe it was coming from somewhere else. It sounded so close though. I look at the time - 4:44. I keep chugging along  and I see some sketch person dressed all in black acting like he was getting into a car. But I kept looking back after I passed and the car never moved. I am closing in on my first loop  (I wasn't in my neighborhood..this is another bigger neighborhood I run in when I have to go long) - and BAM there are at LEAST 15 cop cars. Saw a couple unmarked vans..blocking off all areas. I am so surprised they didn't stop me to ask if I had seen anything. I am watching the news to see if I hear anything. So crazy. If I had left 10 minutes later...I would have been running right in front of that house. And makes me want to run with a gun - even though I hate them. Ha. Maybe the sketch guy is connected..not sure. Have to wait and see the news!

What a weird morning!

Kilmisters – So sorry to hear about the game Sad When is your next one? How is the ankle?

Kathryn – Let us know how today goes!!!

Docket – Nice 8 last night!!

Karen – Hope you are feeling a little better today. Being sick sucks. But honestly, sometimes it helps to run with a cold. I guess it depends if you are coughing or not.

Laura – Sorry the race didn’t go as well as you had hoped Sad But hey, you got 2nd in AG!! Congrats! What is your PR for a 10K?

Marjorie – It is so good to hear from you! Glad you got the new software figured out! I was lost in translation reading about it hahaha. Your treats sound yummy! I am sure your team will appreciate them Smile

Hi Tessa! Oh geez. Your day was busy yesterday.

Sandy – I was going to say something to you about the loss last night. Wow, nice miles this weekend! Has your RB done a full before? Shouldn’t she be tapering!? Smile 5-10” of snow that will be plowed by tomorrow morning!? Wow. Your area is much more productive than ours! Is it supposed to be real cold in the morning? LOL on the bakeries!!! Okay, are you looking in Fargo or in MSP? I can do some research on my end. Its really no big deal though, seriously Smile I have heard that reference before. Smile Enjoy your rest day today! Enjoy WFH!

OH thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a great day yesterday Smile Just another day... Wink I brought in my leftover cake for all the guys to eat haha. I froze a few pieces for after those REALLLYY long run days Smile

Happy Monday! Mammel is on vacay this week so WOOHOO!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Oh my gosh, Lizzie, that sounds SCARY!!  My heart woulda been beating out of my chest and I probably would have made a mad dash for home.  Great miles but, goodness, stay safe out there!!  RB has done a half but it was a number of years ago.  She really just wants to finish so I didn't think a taper for a half was necessary.  She also does CrossFit and I just recommended she not go on Friday like she usually does.  It'll be SLOW.  Like an hour slower than the last time I ran this race 5 years ago because I said I would stay with her.  She is terrified of being DFL - which is a valid chance - so now, I can be DFL if it comes to that haha.  I'm just happy that it isn't supposed to be too super cold or it will get painful.  I'll be happy to get back to my own regular training for sure.  Yeah, the plows will be out later - we are used to this stuff.  Hooray for a Mammel-free week!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Okay, news came out. Apparently it is a hostage situation. SWAT is there. It says call with any information so I am going to call. SO. CRAZY.

Sandy – So wait, you are running it with her?! I somehow missed that. Sorry! Awe, that is sweet – you would be DFL if you had too haha. Smile When do you officially start training? Oh you asked about the house hunting  - we didn’t end up looking. We were running late haha.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy I'm slow as an old tortoise and have only been DFL in really small HMs.  And you get your money's worth and the same swag as anyone else.  I've been DFL and 1st in my AG at least twice now.  She'll be fine.

Lizzie can't remember if I wished you Happy Birthday but here it is late...

Well the farrier showed up late on Sat so I did my Sunday chores (grocery, laundry) and went to lunch with DD and DGD on Sunday.  We went to Carrabas and since she has 2 interviews this week we went over to Kohls so she could get some nicer clothes to wear.  It was so nice seeing them.

Hi everyone.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Pretty laid back weekend for me, I didn't leave the house except to go to the the garage and get the mail.    Cleaned out the home office, did the ab challenge and some hip/glute work.  Still resting the foot.  It feels OK most of the time, unless I am on my feet a lot.  I'm going to rest it this week and see how it feels after the the Winter Series 5K on Sunday.  We got up to 50 degrees on Saturday, now it is raining.  It's supposed to turn to snow tonight.  The kids are off school today and tomorrow (teacher inservice) and I am taking tomorrow off to hang out with them.  I've been helping DD peddle Girl Scout cookies.  Warning, it's that time of the year!  

Lizzie, Happy Birthday!  I am laughing about the HUGE cake.    31?  You are still a baby.    Look at you, talking so nonchalantly about rings and building homes.    Wow, that is scary about the hostage situation!  Really freaky.  Do you remember the "Slender Man stabbing" that happened in WI about 4 years ago?  I had gone running that morning and ran right near where that happened.  I then heard a bunch of sirens and was wondering what was up.  60 miles!  You can do it.  I'll send you my good vibes and excess energy.  

Sandy, sorry about the Vikings.  DH turned on the game a little after it had already started and it did not look promising.  Not too excited about the Pats going again, but I suppose I have to give them some grudging respect.    Wow, it must be a real snowmageddon if the schools are already closed!  Fingers do the walking, eh?  Yeah, I am picturing you with the Yellow Pages.     Nice of you to run with your RB!   Is it a small race?  My older coworker came in DFL in a local 5K.  But it was a very small race.  

Hi Diane!    Sounds like a nice lunch outing!

Damaris, nice workouts and sleeping.  

Karen, sorry about getting sick!  I'm sure it was because you did not run.  

Sue, congrats on the AG first!

Kat, I just did that "trick" where you turn all the hangers around in your closet so you can see what you wear.  I need to purge!  But it will take a year to cycle through my clothing with the change in seasons.    I figure it will also make me wear things that I don't normally wear, I just reach for the same stuff all the time.  

Margaret, nice 20 miler!  I just finished the latest Robert Dugoni book.  It was really good!

Tessa, nice 20 miler for you too!  That was an eventful run!

Laura, sounds like a fun 10K.    Well, congrats on the AG 2nd pace anyway, and the nice swag.  

Cathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, if I heard shots here, I would hit the deck, snow or not. I'm glad you are ok! Very scary!

Friday I did 50 minutes on the TM before doing the 2.5 hours of volunteer work. This is odd, but I think I held up during the volunteer work much better since I had run just a few hours before that. Who knew?

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was such fun! Temperatures were up so I went down to the park. It had been scraped, but then it froze over. There were enough places where I could run on snow on ground a little, but dang was that a 65 minute dance all over the place! But I was outside. I saw kitty, bunny, squirrel and a few coyote tracks. I hate to come inside when it feels that good outside.

Today I am getting ready to go outside. Temps are supposed to go to over 50 degrees today and I am taking advantage.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I wanted to run doubles today but they FINALLY told us last night to report to work and here I am, shut down and unable to leave because of the furlough letter that has not arrived.  Sigh.  I have 5 with 6 X 100m and weights later today.

Sandy, nice 12 and weekend!

Lizzie, you should contact the cops to let them know about that person leaving the area.  Ugh, so scary!  Nice run, though.

Diane, yum, Carrabas.

Cathy, sounds like a good weekend.

Judy, enjoy the run outside.

Damaris

Ugh.  Monday.. I am exempted, so I will not be furloughed. Everyone at our office except for the three of us, and a few others, are furloughed, including DF. I myself would love a sew day, but I am swamped here.

Just core this morning.

Lizzie--hope you had a great birthday!!  OMG!!!  I would have high tailed it for the house!!!

ginnyb

Sandy....I am really slow and I have never been DFL, which surprises me.

Lizzie....how scary with the gunshots, like Judy, if I heard gunshot I would hit the deck also.  All too often we have gunshots in our town lately, so I am aware and wary when I run early morning runs.

I am still in a funky mood, but did do 4 on the TM yesterday and worked with trainer this morning.  Wish I could get in a better frame of mind, I don't know what it is besides the winter blahs, maybe the loss of our dog and just all the family stuff the past months.  However, it is sunny and almost 60 here today, too bad I had to come to work at 11:30.

Damaris....sorry you are sort of stuck in limbo at the job today, what a mess.

Sue...I think I would have liked the day off too if I had my druthers.

Diane....nice to have you posting again.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Oh, there is a VERY real chance of being DFL on Saturday.  The last couple year results have about 500 runners and the slowest just over 3 hours.  She is shooting for 3 hours and, based on our training runs, it's close to dead on.  Plus, there is a pretty steep hill (short but steep) in the last half mile.  Not too many newbie/slow runners pick a half marathon in MN in January to run so it's a somewhat seasoned runner event.  I honestly don't care for myself.  I just hope she stays positive and has fun.

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny I really don't feel motivated either but I have a 50k in 60 days and would like to finish it without hurting myself so I try and walk at least 6 days a week.  I'm hoping the kickboxing will give me some energy too and something better than the TM all the time.

ginnyb

Oh Sandy, that does sound like a rough one!  Why do they have steep hills at the ends of these things?  Drives me nuts.

ginny

Diane....you and I need some sunshine pills or something, I just can't shake this funk.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15