Womens Running

Bring on the CAKE FRIDAYS!!! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lizzie, there are no woods near me.  I even had no place to stop on the way back AND got stuck at a red light 0.35 miles from the house.  IT WAS CLOSE.

Sandy, lol.  I do, in my car, even.  We hope never to need them but we have them.

Damaris

LC Runs

Liz - Happy (early) Birthday, nice of your co workers!  The reason we have so much trouble finding people, especially nurses, is because the starting pay is....$18.75 an hour, I don't think any of them, even the veteran's, make more than $22-23.  And they require an RN license.  My nurse partner's new job pays $35 an hour, of course it's hands on and in a hospital, but even home health nurses get paid a lot more than what we offer.  The hours and time off is good, though.

Sandy - I know, it feels so balmy outside, I had to remind myself we still have like 3 months of cold and snow LOL.

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, cake freezes well, but it keeps even better if you just eat it all.

Diane, I think there are arguments for having a gun considering where you live, and it's also a given that someone who is ex military knows the basics of gun safety. Kickboxing? There's a woman at WW who swore she would never like any form of exercise, then her friend dragged her to a kickboxing class and she loved it. 8 months later she's dropped a good amount of weight and is going to kickboxing several times a week.

Sandy, glad you got the car washed and made it to class, good luck with the run. VFW taco feed? Interesting. DD was a bit critical of South Dakota's ideas about tacos, she hosted a few taco nights to expand some people's horizons. And waistlines. I think the biggest difference was that we make our own shells rather than buying the premade ones...they're easy but most people don't seem to take the extra step of frying the flour tortilla and folding it to make a shell.

And there are VFWs all over. We have two in our zip code -- one is a "Boozefighters" chapter with a dry meeting lodge, the other is, um, definitely not dry.

Damaris, ugh. I would have gone home and worked from there, I'm presuming you had a meeting or court appearance that made it impossible to do so.

Kat, if there's one place everyone should understand why you're feeling down, it's a vet clinic. Sorry for you. Zipper on runango just got handed a diagnosis of renal failure for her almost 8 year old cat Dali and she is miserable also. (Zip, I mean. Dali is losing weight but doesn't seem to be overly unhappy.) Go have lunch and hear about it -- remember, they want you!

Cathy, poor speaker making all the kids cry! Good point -- if it was an intruder in Liz's house wouldn't Ruger have barked?

Laura, sorry work is such a disaster. You never know,, even though these are the only two applicants they might both work out. And good that you are getting the chance to work with different people. Networking if nothing else.

Liz, freezer burned cake? Shocking. Not that it burned, but that it survived in the freezer long enough to burn.

6.32 on the TM at lunch. I didn't get a run this morning because of taking Sis and SIL to the airport. I had to clean out my car so that there was enough space for 3 people and 4 suitcases, and I'm amazed at the number of reuseable shopping bags that were in my trunk. I am going to have to wash them all before I put them back in! Dog sitting for RN this weekend since she and her DH are out of town at a race and her DS says it's inconvenient to come over and let poor old Calvin out two or three times a day and feed him morning and evening. Not a problem, I'm close by and Calvin's a sweetie.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Tessa, I am not allowed to work from home except ine set day a week. No exceptions.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, sorry, I didn't realize that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, the government is stupid. Proof is in what they just did, lol.

Guess I'm off Monday!

Damaris