Womens Running

Friyay! (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Squeeee!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

With play-offs around the corner (next Sunday Clowning around I went to floorball practice yesterday, and, well, got a solid reality check - better sooner than never Smile I have some work to do to avoid dying on the rink next week!

Back to Excels!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.3 this morning. Last 6 @ MP.

Am I a runner? Was questioning that this morning. AWFUL run. Ugh. Glad this was somewhat "short". I think it was a combination of getting home late last night, very windy and it being so freakin HUMID. It really wasn't even "that" humid..but when I walked out the door, my body was like..W.T.F. is this?! Accuweather said it was going to start at 64 and go down to 59 during my run so I wore shorts and a short sleeve. Should have had a tank on..DUH LIZ. The temp never dropped. Dashed into the woods around mile 9. Ugh. Just wasn't good at all. MP miles were pretty good though - weird - 9:09-9:20ish. I will take it. Heart rate was higher than normal towards the end of the run..wasn't sure if that was accurate but I am thinking it was with how I felt and am feeling now!

SO happy its Friday! I am in a weird mood. I have been for a few days. Almost just want everyone to leave me alone. Is that weird?! Even HCF! He says I have been real quiet so he tries to just be all over me and I CAN'T TAKE IT. Sometimes I just snap at him. That makes me sound so mean! I am just stressed. I don't want to be in this place anymore, I have a lot to do at home to get the office ready, trying to stay ontop of HCF and his routine without being a "pest" - just my mind is swirling. I am so tired of worrying about HCF because in the end, he is going to do what he wants. Instead of trying to tell him what I do, I have just been quiet because I can't find the happy medium. Am I being crazy? Venting.

Kilmisters – Oh boy, Elina. Please be careful and take care of yourself! I would think you would need some time away from work, too!

Off to "work". Happy Friday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It's my Friday off but I have a couple of hearings to attend to by phone.  Pilates and 10 tonight.

Liz, I wouldn't wear short sleeves in the 50s and I would explode with 58F if I wear that.  Try wearing a tank next time and see. Smile

Elina, hoping you are feeling better.

Damaris

Seloc

Friyay, it is!  Long week for sure.  Ready for some R and R this weekend.  Still haven't run, too much stuff still floating around in the chest and head.  Hoping to get out tomorrow.  I did make it to TRX/Bells class, however.  Much to the chagrin of my germaphobic friend.  In hindsight, I was contagious LAST Friday but not so much today.  Sheesh.

SO much rain the last two days.  Flooding everywhere.  But, it's melting the snow - lost a foot this week!  Just another 6-8 inches to go.  With the forecast, I am hopeful it'll be gone by the end of next?  Hoping I just didn't Jinx things...

Lizzie - sorry for the crappy run and stress.  Too bad you couldn't take today off to get things done and regroup.  Sounds like a pretty great boss in this next gig.  Ugh on having to deal with Mammel solo next week.  No farewell gathering?

Elina - yikes, take it easy, lady!  Concussion is no joke.  You WILL get the miles in.  No need to stress about it!  Exciting playoffs are coming up!

Gatsby - haha glad you could get all excited about seeing snow.  All I have to do is look out my window LOL.  Yeah, I guess it's pretty if you don't have to try to run in it or drive in it or look at it ALL the time.  Super pumped you were able to take a day off work - sounds like you needed the break!  Especially after that nightmare commute.  I just could NOT.  Ugh.  Yes, I have read that magnesium also helps with sleep.  Still trying to hang on to the vacation vibes over here.  Trying not to let work bug too much.  Being under the weather has helped me slow down so maybe that's why.  I am SUPER ready for spring, though!

Cathy - how are you feeling?  Hey, did you mention you are doing Lakefront?  Since I haven't run this week I've been super jazzed to do so and was pondering a fall marathon.  TCM or Lakefront.  Hmmmmm

HCK - haha that made me laugh that your pup gets surly when you interrupt the routine.  My needy little beast must now be used to me at home as he is back napping in his usual spot (the stream of sunshine on the bed) rather than glued to me.  Killer workouts for you lately!!  Have you recovered from the time change?

Tessa - sorry about DS and the interview.  Frustrating!  Whoa, that was some serious wind - way to get out there in that!

Karen - hope you are out there right now killing your 20!!  Have a great weekend at your conference!!

Damarais - weekend for you already - woot!

Sue - hope you had smooth travels yesterday!

HH with friends after work otherwise not much planned for the weekend.  Although I do need to find something to wear to a wedding in May.  Will try to get motivated for that otherwise there will be lots of basketball to watch.    Happy weekend, happy running!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Just got back from 50 minutes on the TM and 10 minutes of fast walking.

Good news! Both new meds are working great for me. I wasn’t even remotely foggy this morning and felt a lot more alert. It was so much easier to run!

DC was raking up old leaves and uncovered the snowdrops hiding under them. Their little buds were closed but that is one of the first signs of spring here. We are getting a warming trend except for the early morning when Sunday Buddy and I meet (25°F).
              Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

5 morning miles - 40 degrees, I'll take it!

I have an eye appointment this afternoon, desperately need a new prescription.

Have a race on Sunday, 8k in the morning then a 5k following.  I am running the 5k with a child (through a running program my friend teaches) so that one will be slow, which is fine because there are thousands of people at this race and my legs are always tired after the 8k.  Of course the temps are supposed to drop tonight so the weekend is back to cold weather.  Next week does look promising, though.

Elina - good luck with the playoffs!  Did I miss why you feel you are out of shape for the games?

Lizzie - I have been questioning the "am I a runner' for several months LOL.  It is weird how some runs just feel so hard and it's like, have I ever done this before?  I get you on the space issue, I need my space and it's hard to get it sometimes. I would be stressed about HCF too though you are right, you really can't control the choices he makes.  Hang in there, Girl!

Damaris - it has to be like 75 degrees before I will wear a tank top lol!  I need to move to a warm climate so I can thicken up my blood!

Sandy - glad you are feeling better!  We still have big piles of snow here, I was really worried yesterday because it was 50 degrees and then we were forecasted to get all day rain, which would definitely make its way to our basement due to being on the downhill of our road.  Luckily, we only ended up with light rain so no problems.  I'm with you - it needs to be gone!!

Judy - nice TM run!  Glad the meds are working!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Friday to y'all!!

Elina, good luck with the games.

Lizzie, you ARE a runner.  You are so dedicated.  One bad run doesn't negate how fab so many of yours are.  Sorry you are in a mood.  Sounds like you are stressing over things you can't control.  You're not crazy, you are normal.

Damaris, good luck with your phone hearings.

Sandy, that sounds like a hella lot of snow. Enjoy HH tonight.  I love HH.  Wish I knew people here...

Judy, happy to hear the meds worked out.

Laura, I'm with you on needing glasses.  I am reluctant to go as my vision is sill a bit funky in my bad eye.  Hoping the weirdness goes away more before investing in glasses.

Just got back from a short 4.  It was windy and chilly for me.  I am such a Texas wuss now.

Yesterday was a nice day.  I got my nails done - I was planning on a nice subtle shade so work would get eased back into my fun colors.  I failed.  It is chrome teal color.  NOT subtle.  Oops.  Then I took the pooches to work for their bloodwork as they are getting their teeth cleaned on Tuesday.  My old dog's was slightly off, but not terrible.  Then I went to the nursery and got a bunch of herbs.  Maybe I won't kill them this year.  Napped, then spent the remainder of the day outside in 75 degree weather.

Today...  LAUNDRY.  And more laundry.  Tomorrow is another fill in day.

That is that.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – I should have known better on the wardrobe! I forgot what 64 with 59 dewpoint feels like. Yuck, sorry you have to work some on your day off.

Sandy – Woohoo, glad you were able to make it to class! Yay for feeling better! Whats that saying, if the symptoms are below the neck you shouldn’t run. I am sure you are itching to get out there. I am planning Lakefront for 2020! Just throwing that out there Wink  Luckily, I was able to take Monday off! I just couldn’t take Friday (my last day). Oh well. I won’t be able to do much on Friday because my access will be gone. Sounds like a nice weekend coming up! I see your temps are doing nothing much going UP UP!! That is good news! Have fun at HH!

Judy – Nice workout! Glad the meds are working and the fogginess is getting better. We must be on that same warming trend. Ours ends Sunday.

Laura – Nice run today. Wow, two races in one day? Go girl. How awesome that you will be running with a child J  Have fun!

Kathryn – Nice 4!! I like teal nail polish! Very Spring like J Your day yesterday sounds awesome. Ew, but laundry does not.

Karen – Nice 20 today!! You killed it!

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone! I guess now I have a 3 day weekend. WOOT WOOT! Would have rather had my last day off. Oh well. Better than nothing!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!    Sorry that I've been MIA.  I'm feeling better, though younger DD got sick (she threw up at school and had a fever) and now older DD has a cough.  So I ended up working from home the past few days.  I mentioned to DD that I was taking a TURD on the first day that I was sick.  I explained what that meant after she looked at me funny.    The next day DD said, "Feel free to take another TURD".    My cold moved down into my chest, so I figured it was best to just hold off on running until the weekend.  Though we reached almost 60 degrees yesterday.  Of course, we were back to a "feels like 24" today with snow flurries.

Elina, playoffs already? Wheeee!  

Liz, sorry about the bad run.  But at least you ran?    Humid already?  I am sitting here watching the snow flurries!  It sounds like you are stressed out!  I saw a therapist yesterday morning, my first time ever.  I think it helped, just talking to an unbiased person!  Congrats on the new job!!!  You will rock it.  Enjoy the 3 day weekend!

Damaris, enjoy the 10!

Sandy, we have flooding here also.  I don't even know if I want to attempt running outside.    At least being sick I finished a bunch of books, one DD recommended, Fallout by Todd Strasser which was a quick read and actually very interesting, and The Perfect Girl and An Unwanted Guest.  Also good books!  Yes, I am doing Lakefront this year!  Already signed up.     They made some changes this year which sound like good ones!  Slight change to the course to have a better finish line party for one.  

Judy, glad the meds worked well!

Laura, good luck this weekend!  It would be funny if the child turned out to be fast.    A boy on our running team just ran a 23 minute 5K last weekend.

Kat, the teal sounds nice!

Tessa, sorry about DS and the job.  The group interview sounds like a bad idea!

Cathy

LC Runs

Kat - I've had glasses/contacts since high school.  Started with near sightedness and now I am also farsighted.  My last appt 3 years ago I got new contacts and glasses.  I can tell my left eye has gotten worse and it was confirmed today.  I left with a trial pair of new rx contacts so if they work okay I will order a couple of boxes. I like to say most of me is holding up pretty well with age, but my eyes are not LOL!  Love the nail color choice!

Lizzie and Cathy - it looks like I'm running with the same boy I was paired with last year and I was worried about his speed.  BUT, at least last year, he did a lot of running fast, then walking, then running fast, then walking.  So it was no problem keeping up and I got some interval work in ha ha!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. Went better than I expected since it was 75 and windy. Nothing like a 30 degree swing in a week.

Played hooky from work yesterday.  I'll be paying for it by working on Sunday but we had fun and I'm in such a better mood.  For all of you with snow PTSD, avert your eyes!

Okay, now you can look again.  

Kilmisters, careful of that noggin!

Lizzie, totally makes sense that you need time to yourself to process all the stuff that's been going on.  It's a lot to deal with!  I bet the humidity is why you weren't feeling great on your run today  Humidity is awful.  You'll re-acclimate (even if you don't want to).  

Damaris, I don't think I'd wear a tank until temps in the 70s.  Funny how everyone's internal thermostat is different.

Seloc, Turtles -- chest colds are the worst for me, I often end up with bronchitis and have been known to bust a rib from coughing.    Hope the crud clears up soon.

Judy, yay for snowdrop bulbs!

LC, neat that you're doing the 5k with a buddy!  I've been getting more nearsighted lately.    I think it's from peering at a computer screen for so much of the day at work.

Kat, why am I not surprised that you did not end up with a subtle nail color.     Gotta be yourself!

HCK, I'm assuming you don't have any more snow with temps in the 70s...

Tessa, just wanted to say I'm sorry that your DS had a bad experience at the interview.

I ran 5 today and went to kettlebell class.  No big running plans for the weekend... taking it easy and then building up again net week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR