Womens Running

Wend in Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

"It's always good to have a goal, and that's true with wending. You know where you want to go, so you wend your way there."

Way more profound sounding than was intended but I'll take it!

Tessa-I know it's been a long time. Our work setting is so open and even more so after yesterday's office move but I may be able to move one screen so that it isn't quite as obvious if reading/posting here. I love the suggestions. when is it? sounds rail trail-ish. 2019 will be a great year but not ONE new state. I would LOVE to get out to the Pacific NW. Brother Eugene (we stayed with him in his Henderson house) lives near Seattle. Never been there and should.

Going to take run gear and go for a joggy after work. Trying to get more sleep in the mornings in. Although here I am. LOL

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

MyMomRun, the sports guy from one of the local news stations is a runner. He did a commercial for a local half marathon in June. He's wearing fitted running pants (not quite tights) and a not so long half zip. You don't need to ask him how's it hanging. Now that I saw it, I can't unsee it any time the commercial comes on.

MyMomRun, the sports guy from one of the local news stations is a runner. He did a commercial for a local half marathon in June. He's wearing fitted running pants (not quite tights) and a not so long half zip. You don't need to ask him how's it hanging. Now that I saw it, I can't unsee it any time the commercial comes on.

Lisa

Just put the trip stuff onto calendars. Will work remote half days while on planes and a few days when first there but super scary/exciting to be 6 whole days of full on PTO. I know there will be too much going on to even pretend to hunker down somewhere for solid time to check emails. Noone will die and I will have a job to return to and I'm assuming that my return will be appreciated. LOL Hopefully at least. 

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Karen was nice enough to give me an RD, so I have martinis coming up tonight, ha.  I am in the office today which means I woke up at like 5:30am because apparently I didn't need the 30 minutes of sleep I had left .

Lisa, I cannot wait to see everybody in (according to my RA log) 31 days!!!!

HCK, lol.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.2 speed work miles for me. I did 8x .50/.20 rest.

Tough, but good run! Felt like myself out there again today. I had to bundle up because we were back in the 20's! Felt cold compared to the last few mornings. I did most of my intervals in the 8's. I am happy with that. My body is begging for a rest day - my resting heart rate was high this morning. Looking forward to sleeping in until 7am tomorrow!! YEAH BUDDY!! Its the little things, right?

BUSY day today. I am going to start grouping together and mapping out my sites this morning. I have training from 1pm-4:30pm! Phew. We have someone coming to look at the heat between 1-3. It is really cold in here. You know, usually in March..heat is not needed in VA. More like air conditioning...but of course our temps are lower than normal this week. BUT..you can always put more on! Anyway, I dropped my car off last night at the shop for an oil change and a general check up since I will be traveling soon. Busy times! I love it! Smile Smile

Tessa – What a FABULOUS idea about WV!!! I will have to plan that for next year! Hmm..this year maybe?? Funny, all inspections are due the June 15th. I could time that JUST right. Thanks for the idea! I can imagine the traffic for the LA marathon is awful. What an interesting sight you saw on your run. Did you see anything in the news about it? Does sound like a raid. Now I want to know!!

Lori – Yay for time off! In a weird way. 😊 That is silly about the traveling during the layoff. My mom will be getting a granddog..don’t feel too bad. 😉 I have made it a point to stay in my “office” most of the day. And only doing work related things during my 8 hours. Trying to be disciplined. I think once I have work to do, it will be easier to stay focused. I am loving the WFH so far. Also don’t mind the traveling – flexibility!!

Run4kupcakes – LOL. I am going to need to google this commercial!!

Docket – Blimpie..LOL!!! Sorry about that commute yesterday. UGH. YAY for rest day and martinis!!! Why must we always get up early on RD?! WHY?!

Lisa – This account has its own training program..never seen that before. I have to give them props for that! Aw, glad to hear everything is going so well in your world. You have the next few years mapped out LOL! Your upcoming trip is going to be SOO fun!! And uhm, yes, you deserve and NEED those PTO days!! There are some times when you can totally escape work you know 😊 Your DD is awesome. I am not sure I could travel to places on my own in a foreign country! She is amazing and I am glad she is living it up!

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Heading out shortly for a very easy 10 miles. I can still feel the 18 from yesterday when I first get up off the couch. My training plan is kind of an asshole this week - following up a cut back week by starting out with a long run. It's another beautiful day here (lows in 50s highs in 70s, sunny, not humid) so will probably spend some quality time with the dogs outside later.

I just invited Liz, Cathy and Laura to join the Strava group we have. It doesn't really do anything, but all the other kids are there (and if you're not there and I didn't invite you, join!).

Lisa, good to see you! So exciting about your trip!!! How long between when you get back and Glass City, I'm thinking not a lot. I like the 2020 plan, although when I read it I forgot what year we were and you said "up to 100K" and I was thinking "but what about your 100???", not realizing that was in 2019.

Tessa, I like the idea of Deadwood Mickelson in 2020. That's the race I picked for SD years and years ago. I even had thoughts of making it my 50th state for awhile.

Damaris, enjoy the martinis. You deserve it.

Liz, nice run this morning! I think you will enjoy the travel - enough to get out some and interact with other people, but no so much that you're stressed out. A good mix of alone time and people time. I was always pretty disciplined about working and being in the room I used as the office when I worked from home. DH on the other hand......well, he's not that far off from 30 years with the company so whatever he's doing I guess still works.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Anonymous Guest, what's the Strava group called?

Anonymous Guest

Anonymous Guest, what's the Strava group called?

Hold on, let me check......

RWWR

I think that stood for Runners World Women Runners or something like that. If you can't find it, try searching for me (Faber is my last name) and you should see it in the half dozen or so groups I'm in.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Today was a 50 minute run and 10 minute fast walk on the TM. Volunteer work in the afternoon. Then I'm taking DC out for dinner. 

Still cold here. Spring plants are fortunately covered by dried leaves so they will be protected from the nightly heavy frosts. The buds are enlarging on the trees, so everything is preparing to bloom.
                      Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Crazy busy day.  Finally got a working computer just before my 9am call that I was hosting.  Those that asked – I had email and Skype on my phone yesterday but that was it.  I joined a maintenance call as a “learning opportunity” since I could do nothing else and ended up being the translator for the LATAM engineer and the tech in Hong Kong.  Neither could understand the other’s accent.  It was comical!!

Went to Yoga Sculpt this morning.  Doing a free week.  It was pretty good!  Might try to go Friday and also Sunday again.

I’m mostly caught up from yesterday?  Need to meet with Sleepy because apparently he’s feeling “unappreciated”.  No, I’m not his manager but I would like the kid to be happy so he will continue to work and not call in sick.  Haha

Karen – wow, those bikes go pretty fast!  Nice job getting the 18 in yesterday.  Sounds like a tough one.  Enjoy that cereal for dinner.  I was telling a friend that I wish I could just stop eating. Then I would never have to shop or cook!  LOL on your asshole training plan.  Hope the 10 went well with no puppy troubles.

Lizzie – glad you are getting some training and things are moving along!  Your sites in WV – will you have to drive?  Fun you will be in Charlotte in a few weeks.  I will come into the office tomorrow night.  It’s kind of a big maintenance and I have a better setup here.  Double monitors.  Nice run.  I can’t WAIT until the temps get above the 20s in the mornings.  That is still brisk.  Hope the heat is a quick and inexpensive fix.  When do you start the traveling?  Hope your afternoon of training goes well.

Tessa – weird about your early morning siting!  I would be wondering what the heck that was all about as well.

Lori – nice job slaying Bertha yesterday!!  Agreed on the no snow in April.  Sure hope that’s the case for us this year!!  Yikes on the layoffs.  But glad the timing is working out.  Kind of a strange rule, I agree.

Damaris – ugh on the commute yesterday!!  Mmmmmmmmartinis.  Enjoy your RD!!

Lisa – woohoo for lots of running!  Awwww, reading about your DD makes me smile BIG!!  Not many Americans her age have that adventurous spirit and I LOVE it.  As long as she is aware of her surroundings and is smart (which I already know she is) she’ll be fine.  I am SUPER envious of her and this time of her life.  She is living my dream.  Have a great trip across the pond!!  So fun that you can manage your work / play life balance like that.

Just need to get through tomorrow and I will be one happy camper.  Happy Hump Day!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Just finished training. Long day. So, the lady that is training me told me today that I have picked up the all the "systems" faster than any of the 25 people she has trained in the past! Thats good, right? Haha. She said that if my boss asked if I was ready to take on my sites (they like to do a 2 week training program) she would say ABSOLUTELY. I am apparently way ahead of schedule. Patting myself on the back! Wink

No heat until tomorrow. Of course...warmer weather is coming so we probably won't even be using the heat. My car "check up" was $300..the heat repair is over $300..oh boy.

Karen – Thanks for the invite to the Strava group! I hope you had a good 10 miler..geez, your plan really is an asshole.

Judy – Nice run today! OOOO..have fun with DC!

Sandy – Yoga sculpt? OOO that sounds like a good class. Interesting on the translating! Sleepy is feeling unappreciated? Is that because he never comes to work?? 😉 Yes, I would still drive to the sites in WV. I wouldn’t have to drive my car though. I could rent and stay a few nights. I think anything over 2 hours I have the option to rent a car..otherwise they just reimburse my mileage. I mapped out everything today and I would stay 4 nights (for my WV sites) and could do 3-4 site inspections a day. That way I wouldn’t have to make multiple trips out there! I think I start the traveling next week. I was hired RIGHT as inspections are due. Perfect timing? Haha. Kinda scared. It’s a good scared!! Good news is that I don't have to do all the inspections. They are bringing in additional help since I am new.  Do you get paid anything extra for coming in for the maintenance?? Understand wanting to come in for the better set up!

I am going to head to the grocery for some salmon and pick up my Ruger dog from daycare. Have a good afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is great, Liz.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

No idea what yesterday morning was about and I didn't see anything on the news. Or in Nextdoor. I am not on FB and neither is RN, but maybe RNDH saw something in the neighborhood group. Though there aren't that many people out at 4:15 -- which may be why they chose that time to do it.

Lisa, Karen, anyone else who is interested: http://www.deadwoodmickelsontrailmarathon.com/ First weekend of June this year. Yes it's rail to trail. Looks like after the first 1.5 miles the footing is decomposed granite. One of those where they take you out on a bus and you run back into town. The Black Hills are really pretty, I did Leading Ladies in similar terrain (Spearfish Canyon).

The closest airport is Rapid City. The closest big airport is Denver, I would think. I don't count Sioux Falls as a big airport and that is about the same distance as Denver if you're driving.

And, hmm, what are you all doing the second weekend of October this year? Spokane Marathon. Though that is mostly paved rail'/trail, I think.

Liz, option to rent a car if over 2 hours? Man could I use that at times. I have a meeting in 2 weeks in Orange County (south of LA) and even though it is only about 100 miles south of my house it will take probably 2.5 hours to get there and 3 hours to get back. I get mileage but that does not make up for the long grind on the road. My car is on its last legs, too, but I would really like to get it to 200,000. It currently has 196,600 on it. (Lisa may have vivid memories of grinding up a road in Zion National Park in that car. That was the last big trip I drove it on.)

HCK, if he's wearing pants, that is not so bad. I mean, you know he has genitalia. I was worried that he might be wearing shorts that were a little too short and with the elastic in the liner not functioning. (I may or may not have thrown out a couple of pairs of DH's shorts after an, um, unplanned appearance of something that should not have been poking out in public.)  But KWYM.

Karen, not on Strava, sorry. No time! And no GPS watch either.

Judy, everything's in full bloom here. My nectarine tree is gorgeously covered with blooms. And that is how I have to appreciate it, since we have yet to get a fruit off it. Damn squirrels.

Sandy, Sleepy is feeling unappreciated? Is he expecting a trophy just for showing up to work? Look, mate, you get your appreciation in the form of direct deposit every two weeks -- or twice a month -- whatever your pay cycle is.

2.8 this morning, then 3.3 on the TM at lunch. Slower than slow but at least I am getting a bit more in. And back to work again!

Damaris-enjoying that martini yet?

Lizzie-Nice that they have own training program. I don't know that I would travel like she is doing either. Nice run this morning!

Karen-did you give yourself the asshole training week? We land around 7:30pm on Tuesday night. Trail half on Saturday, Glass City on Sunday. Good 100 mile training if you ask me. But then again in my office my boss was saying "I need someone who makes good judgment calls to look at this"... she bypassed me. 

Judy-hopefully things will be popping here soon!

Sandy-fun free yoga week! She's living all of our dreams. Santorini today. She is LOVING Greece. Like people wouldn't?? Living cheap since she isn't in one of the major towns. Staying at a hostel. chilling with other college students who are there from other places. And only 19. I keep saying "mamma mia" but um... we don't need a pregnancy. I haven't heard of any boys.

Lisa