Womens Running

Make it through Thursday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 6.5-7K on the TM, 4K @ MP.

TR - has a thing where he wants to use the bathroom, but won't let us turn on the light until he is sitting on the can.  Can say his first and last names now...I think it'll be awhile before he figures out his middle name.

FR - crockpot pulled pork, spicy slaw.  I ate everything not nailed down yesterday.  Stupid AF.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 11k with 8 strides.

TR - Got in a toddler fight at the community centre yesterday. The other girl wouldn't let her in the play house, so S started pointing at her and calling her a boy and then the other girl glared at her. It was so ridiculous. The other girl's mother and I couldn't stop laughing so we had to walk away because we didn't want to laugh in front of them and encourage their meanness.

FR - Mini turkey meatloafs, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and parsnips. I baked peanut butter chocolate swirl bread yesterday and it is so delicious, but broke in half while I was taking it out of the pan, so now we have a totally mangled loaf of delicious bread.

NRR - I worked until midnight last night and was so tired when I got to bed that I thought I would sleep in a bit but nope, instead I woke up with a start at 6:00 am on the dot and couldn't get back to sleep. Lame.

~~~~

zorbs - You are loving that spicy slaw! Is your DH able to eat it without shrieking now? I haven't made it lately, but next time I do, I am going to try your Greek yogurt substitute.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 8-10k, OUTSIDE, in above zero weather!! Smile  RG - I have one more week of hills, then we're taking a cutback 2 weeks bc Lori's going to mexico, then 12 weeks of official marathon training starts.

TR - got home in time to see her and O last night, so that was nice.  They are having a valentines party at the dayhome today, she was super excited.

BR - loves all the big girl stuff she gets to do now, eat ice cream, brush her teeth, etc.

FR - beef barley soup in the slow cooker.

NRR - drove in to work today, boss came and told me that he has heard both his and my names as possibilities for being laid off this week.  I'm packing my shit up just incase.  Company #3 was calling my references yesterday, and I heard through the grapevine that I was the frontrunner for the position.  Ideally I'd get laid off and get a job offer.  That way I'd get severance from where I am plus have a new job! Plus have 2 weeks off.  I'm dreaming...  Someone asked yesterday about the commute to #3 - it's basically across the street from where I currently work, so won't change it at all, I was hoping to get closer to home and not have to take public transit, but whatever, I just want something stable right now.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - M went through a phase where she wanted the light off in the bathroom, weird toddlers!  Are you using 4hrs as your goal time?

ernie - LOL @ the toddler fight.  I secretly love it when a loaf sticks and I have to eat all the bits from the pan.  I woke up before 4am and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm way more lame than you are.

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Hoping for 5 outside today.  Didn't get to run yesterday.

BR:  Was a hot mess for MIL last night, I guess.  He is taking these monster naps, missing feedings, and then super hungry at night.

TR:  Didn't see him much yesterday.  He is such a little helper in the kitchen.  He LOVES to help with dishes and prepare food.  Thank God MIL has the patience to let him help...we lack that at home.  Got a super cute bag of Valentines from his class!

NRR:  Well, like I posted on FB our friends had a little girl.  They decided on Carley Kathleen for the name (Violet was a close runner up!)  We went and saw them last night.  She was so tiny (7lbs 1oz).  We had pizza delivered also.  It was nice to see them, but kind of crazy with all the people.  Can't wait until they are home to go and visit.

FR:  Evidently I am doing too much of this as I put my pants on this am and they are super tight.  H really did a number on me and getting rid of it all is proving to be challenging.

zorbs - Hope you had a good run.  I have been eating a ton lately too.  Blech.

ernie - Boo to the 6am start.  The bread sounds delicious!

CAR - Ugh to the work situation.  That sucks.  At least you have been looking and aren't starting from square one.  I hope something solidifies soon!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

zorbs - sometimes when people ask DD her name she says her first, middle and last, it's pretty cute. weird about the bathroom light.

ernie - lol on the toddler fight! I often have to turn the other way so my kids don't see me laughing about inappropriate things they say/do.

CA - we are suppose to get up to 30 here today/tomorrow, it's sad how we are excited about it when it is still cold.

mer - it took me a lot longer to drop the weight after #2. I was seriously still wearing maternity pants until at least 6 months after having R, it was depressing. i was wondering what they named the baby, i like it! i will message you sometime soon but lets start planning something.

----

RR - 6

NRR - hot yoga night! I have a cold so I am hoping to sweat some of it out and feel awesome afterwards.

TR - loves to sing old mcdonald had a farm, like obsessed with it

KR - so excited for valentines day, i hope it lives up to her expectations!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.5 miles. Millions of barking dogs, threw gravel at some chihuahuas, forgot my headlamp but was ok because the sky was clear and the moon was bright.

TR: Saying cute stuff like "Oh Goodness" and "Of course"

FR: last night was a cheeseburgery casserole thing, leftovers or randomness tonight since DH will be gone.

NRR: DH has out of town union negotiations and has to stay the night.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - who cares if the bread is mangled? it's all the same once it ends up in your mouth.  Yes DH can eat the slaw now but maybe I'll keep things interesting by putting in more sriracha in today's batch. Wink

CA - wow, packing already? I guess if you get laid off then you can just grab your stuff and run out the door, yelling SEE YA, SUCKAS.  My personal pacer informed me that we will be running 5:35/k for a 3:55 finish.

mer - I've put on 8-10 pounds in the past year and I don't think my eating is that much worse.  I had a serious metabolism slowdown when I hit age 20 and I have a terrible feeling that 35 brought another slowdown.

moxie - sometimes I imagine the hot room melts my fat.  If only that was true...

spike - you were chased by chihuahuas? LMFAO! I read your FR as cheeseburgery cheeseburger and thought "redundant much?"

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I have the eating everything problem and I don't have the excuse of high mileage or AF. Blerg, need to get back on the wagon. Chihuahuas and any other dog under knee height are worthless a-holes in my opinion. I have more trouble with little dogs while running than big dogs usually. There are so many giant dogs out by where we live- one house with 3 Rottweilers, another one with a Doberman and another mutt, RP has a boxer and a mutt. They all run loose but usually don't leave their property. Little dogs though, they come after you and the owners don't do shit to stop them.

Ernie- I am SO bad about laughing at the bratty stuff R does. Terrible parent. Sorry you couldn't sleep in. Sounds like me- you could set the clock by my circadian rhythm.

CA- Gah, I hope you can get out of there! At least you have job offers in the works.

Mer- R's godmother lets R help wash dishes too, and I don't have the patience for it either. I do have him help me with laundry though.

Moxie- I sang "Soft kitty" to R last night and he made me repeat it like 20x.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

today is officially my last day. Sorry won't be back for personals, need to gather my shit.

runninmer

Sorry to hear that.  However, at least you were looking elsewhere anyway!  Gather your stuff and give them a big F U on the way out! Smile

today is officially my last day. Sorry won't be back for personals, need to gather my shit.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Sorry to hear that.  However, at least you were looking elsewhere anyway!  Gather your stuff and give them a big F U on the way out! Smile

+1 to that!

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- that sucks! I hope you get an offer from one of the other companies soon!

runnergirl9508

RR: just over 7 miles this morning. It was 15* out, which felt downright balmy compared to yesterday's -11. Felt tired for the first 2 miles, then got into a nice groove and cruised.

TR: our grocery store has the racecar shopping carts, with the car part on the top of the cart. Genius, because it doesn't make the cart a mile long and super hard to maneuver through the aisles. He loved "driving" the cart today- there are 2 steering wheels. And he got a sample slice of chocolate chip bread from the bakery lady, which he happily munched while we shopped.

NRR: grocery shopped this morning, cleaning in a bit once I have some lunch. IL's are supposed to come tomorrow, although they are getting nailed with a huge snowstorm, so who knows if they'll be able to leave when they want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- ugh on the AF hunger! how cute about B saying his first and last names. Hope the MP run went well today!

Ernie- LOL about the toddler fight, I probably wouldn't have been able to hide my laughter. mmm, parsnips! I was planning to buy some today, but the only ones they had were very small and kinda shriveled looking. no thanks. boo on the late night/early morning. Hope you get some good sleep tonight.

CA- whoo! enjoy that nice warm run today Wink Did you let Lori pick out the training plan for this marathon? hope the girls enjoy their valentines party today. Oh no on the lay-off, that really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you hear back soon from one of the companies you interviewed with!

Mer- how did your conference go yesterday? Hope H gets his napping/feeding schedule figured out. R loves helping me in the kitchen, too- unload the dishwasher, make food. It's so fun to have a little helper. Aw, new babies are so sweet! Lol- R was only 6lb 4oz when he was born, so 7+ sounds big to me. Hope you have a good run today.

moxie-enjoy your hot yoga class!! That sounds awesome to me right now, but I know it's a no-go for preggos. Lol about Old McDonald. Aw, hope that Valentines Day is great for the kids.

spike- ugh, I've found the ankle-biter dogs are worse offenders than the big ones when I'm running. I Love when toddlers say grown-up expressions like that. Boo on DH being gone overnight!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I effing hate car carts- ours are the one with the car in front though. I tell Reid they are broken every single time we go to the store because he gets road rage and tries to escape. There are a couple ladies on the fire dept that work at Safeway and they give him cookies from the bakery or a cup of water from the Starbucks kiosk. I like how you are still running so good and far preggo!