Womens Running

CFO Wednesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

We have a new CFO... He's a floorball player, NHL fan and we've graduated from same university.. Whaaat..!

12 easy km planned today. We have two games (Saturday/Sunday), so this will probably be the only run of the week. Yesterday's practice involved lots of sprints. So, probably a very easy run today Big grin

3:30pm meeting today. Ugh. But an important one. I should probably grab some cheap/fast energy aka Coke.

Have a nice Wednesday everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BTW how exactly would you get frozen to a tree? (boss line in signature) Just over a month out from the big trip to see you! Woot!

Going to head (back) to gym for some long slow hill run/walking this morning. Happy Wednesday!

Lisa

Kilmisters

Just over a month out from the big trip to see you! Woot!

Btw, if we qualify for the Grand final I might just meet you on Friday eve somewhere in Riga center, give game tickets, MAYBE drink a beer or two, and go to sleep. Very fun, I know Big grin But there will be Saturday and Sunday too!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 tonight.  It's like 60F right now (our 30 seconds of Winter) but after yesterday's workout I needed a bit more sleep, ha.  So, I'll try tonight and maybe outside.  It will be only around 75F.

Elina, that line about the boss is funny.

Lisa, woohoo!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.3 miles for me. The last 5 were at MP.

Good run! Cold - and colder than yesterday but I didn't feel as cold as I did yesterday. Weird. Great run and my MP paces were in the low 9's. Achilles was behaving so that is a win (I have been worried)! Going to see how this training cycle goes, but may...MAY..adjust my goal race time a bit since my MP times have been awesome recently. Well, paces in general. Hesitant to do that.

Busy day for me. Lots to do at work and then we are heading to the venue tonight with my parents, wedding planner, and caterer to go over the set up. Crazy. Is it really already time for this?! Still feel like its so far away. Will probably go out to dinner with my parents afterwords.

Mammel hasn't sent my resume yet. He is actually changing some wording on it - yeah, he is HELPING. We had a good conversation during my review a couple months ago..ever since then he has been holding up his end of the bargain.

Kilmisters – Oh man. Your colleague may crash and burn, haha. You never know though. He might surprise us all! Wow, nice workout yesterday. MMM that Spiced Amber Ale sounds yummy. Good luck getting through the 3:30pm meeting and the run!

Docket – Nice job with the run yesterday! I loved that sweatshirt you were wearing in the picture you posted! I am surprised you have any Winter clothes Smile Hope you are able to get outside tonight!

Lisa – Uhm, an alcoholic brownie?! I am intrigued. Nice job on the double yesterday! Do you have room at your place for a treadmill? I feel like you would get your moneys worth! HCF and I are both looking into counseling.

I could go back to sleep. Anyone noticing how lighter it is getting in the morning? I am not ready to lose an hour of my precious sleep!

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Group power class this morning.  IDk why it was so hard this morning!

Yes, the schools here used to get 3 days off for Mardi Gras, PLUS spring break. Now they just roll it into one week.  Too cold to hit the beach this early in the year, so that is a bummer.

Piriformis is still a bit tender.  See how tomorrow's run goes.

I'm enjoying the cold weather. Getting to wear my sweaters one more time.

Lizzie and Lisa--great miles!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Just did 50 minutes of running on the TM with a fast 10 minute walk. Hoping to go over to Dicks and get some new Adrenalines. They have an even higher drop than last year.  It was 12mm last year. High heel running shoes?  
                Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I just had another date with Ted Miller.  5 miles. Felt ok. I can't wait for spring.  Supposed to warm up on the weekend. I do hope we get a spring this year and not jump from freezing to hotter than hell like usual.

Elina,  good luck at your games

Lisa,  enjoy your outing on the tm.

Damaris,  enjoy your cool weather. All 30 seconds of it.

Liz, i'm glad that mammel isn't being a db lately. Maybe someone melted the ice coating his heart.

Sue,  I can't wait to stop wearing sweaters

Judy,  I need new shoes too. I'm just too lazy to go shopping and don't buy online.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, we have Winter clothes.  Specifically, I have all the INB hoodies as well. Smile  Glad Mammel is helping.  OMG, what's wrong with him?

Susan, nice job in class.

Judy, nice job on the TM.

Lori, nice job.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Meeting went perfect. It was one-on-one w boss and we finished discussing the operational stuff in 10 minutes (I was well prepared and confident in the numbers for sake of change Big grin), so the remaining 50 minutes were spent on both-sided rant (big curse words per minute ratio!) about everything that has gone wrong due to other department f--ups recently. There is so much going on. Fun times.

Liz, wow, mammel is helping you? What did I miss? Good for you anyway! Karma! Sorry for asking (AGAIN), but when is your wedding?

Anonymous Guest

Just under 12 for me this morning. Same tempo workout as last week, 4 x 2 miles at half marathon pace with 3 minute recoveries. It was harder today, probably since last week all my other runs were short and easy, and this week they are all a lot longer. I've already got 35 miles in this week. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day. While I was out, the boys tore up a notebook DH left lying around and pulled all the stuff he left on the end table off, but I don't think they destroyed any of it. I'm not sure I found everything yet though. Huckles has been a little bit of an asshole lately, I think he's in his puppy teenage years. I don't really want to get the crate back out.....I guess I need to just wear him out more before I go anywhere.

HI to all, I'm feeling a little lazy right now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Just went over and got one teal pair of the new Brooks Adrenalines. They looked longer than the 2018's that I was wearing. When I tried them on, they didn't look or feel longer at all and they felt heavenly! There is new padding all around the sides and back of the heels. They are definitely more padded and the extra half mm of drop really feels great. I asked them to order another pair in black with colors and they'll be here on Friday. When I first started running, a very young salesman at a shoe store had me try Saucony Jazz shoes. They were wedge heeled like the Saucony Shadows 6000's I wore later. The forward slant really worked for me. That young person is responsible for getting me into the right shoes and 28 years of running, God Bless him!

As I walked into the store I walked right into a tote bag that I need for our trips this summer and then found a rainproof Columbia running jacket. I am so pleased! 

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Ugh, sometimes Power class is extra work for some reason. I get it! I hope you have a great run tomorrow and that your piriformis is feeling better. I am loving the sweater weather myself! Wearing my boots for probably the last week until Fall.

Judy – You had an expensive trip to Dicks! Smile SCORE!!! Glad you found the shoes!!

Lori – I laughed out loud when I saw your Strava run with “Ted Miller”. Nice job! We tend to do the same thing for Spring – freezing one day..90 the next. No inbetween!

Kilmisters – Glad the meeting went well! When I was reading, I thought you were going to say that she was ranting about her man again Smile I am not sure why he is helping me..maybe he wants me to leave as much as I want to leave! Wedding is 10/19/19.

Karen – Nice run for you today. I stalked your run on Strava..no wonder you are tired! I am excited for my rest day tomorrow as well! Oh NO on Huckles! What about sending him to daycare a couple times a week??

I got a call about an interview today. This is for a different internal job I applied to a few weeks ago. I would want the other position more (the one mammel recommended me for) to be honest. This one is about an hour away but the money could be VERY nice. Never hurts to interview and check out options! It is a phone interview tomorrow at 9am.

Heading out of here soon! Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!!

I am back from Florida, OMG it was so nice just to relax and that is like all I did LOL.  We did walk a lot, one day we walked 7 miles and another 5 (we didn't have a car) but I didn't run.  Definitely a lot of spring breakers so it was crowded.  I ate and drank and slept too much and spent a lot of time at the beach and  pool.

Home today and it was -9 this morning UGH.  I did go out and run though, 4 miles this afternoon.  So nice to have a day to catch up on laundry, errands, etc.  I do not want to go back to work tomorrow I am afraid of what I have waiting for me.  I also have to work Friday because we have a mandatory meeting but at least I won't be in the office LOL

I know I am so behind in personals and what is going on with everyone, no computer all week though of course I checked FB on my phone ha ha!

I am hoping for a better training month, I am feeling more motivated even with this crap weather.  Looking forward to daylight savings time and just crossing my fingers that spring arrives someday!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am so tired of cold weather. I know I don't have it as bad as some of you, but this is just miserable. 5.4 miles with 3 @HM effort. My face hurt from the wind.