Womens Running

Last WednesDAY of July- Supermoms (Read 27 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning~

RR: planning on 6+ after work this morning. Ended up with a  7.1 mile progression run yesterday, last 1.1 at 7:00 pace. Felt awesome. Core workout too, since I didn't get to that yesterday.

TR: getting so tall- he can reach to put things on/take them off the counter tops now. He was babbling away most of the day, lots of new sounds- I keep hoping for clear words, I know it will come in time.

NRR: meeting went well yesterday, the owner of the wellness center is looking for someone to utilize her studio space for classes. It's small, I'd probably only be able to do groups of 8 max at a time, but I could also use it for personal training.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.  Last week I did a progression set of squats - 85, 95, 105 lbs. and I'd like to do a full 3 sets of triple digit squats today.

TR - was awake and downstairs at 5:45.  Had a great time at the amusement park, my parents returned him to me completely passed out.  He didn't wake up when I transferred him from the BOB to the car, and from the car to his bed.

FR - grilled corn and sausage salad.  I have giant zucchinis that eh gave me and will hit the farmer's market this morning.

NRR/totally random - was going to ask another ex bf to have lunch today, but I think 1 ex bf is quite enough for one week.

~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - wouldn't you rather teach small classes anyways?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - just over 4 around the 'hood... ticked off that i tweaked my knee during my cool down.  Really?

TR - rough evening.  Tantrum when I brought her into the house to get her ready for bed.  And we HAD to bathe her, so we tried something new.  Brought her into our bathroom which has a separate shower stall instead of putting her in the tub.  I had to hold her while DH soaped/shampooed.  Tantrum continued b/c she didn't want to put her PJ's on.  After she calmed down, she refused to let DH hold her so she spent the time before bed sitting on my lap and chewing her toothbrush.  The positive was she didn't freak out as much in the shower as she does in a bath although there was still lots of tears and screaming.  And she ate penne noodles at dinner.  She usually doesn't like pasta.

NRR - hoping my scratchy throat and slightly clogged nose is due to allergies and not the beginnings of a cold...

rg - a 7 mm pace?  I cannot even fathom ever going that fast!

zorbs - cool you met up with an ex... i don't have that many ex's, but I'd be pretty happy to never see them again..

running eh

RR - easy run on the trail when the sitter gets here

RR2 - Everything is in place for Richmond - so excited!!

NRR - working nights today and tomorrow

FR - chili

KR - DD2 is really testing her limits rights now.  Anytime we tell her no she does it anyway with a little smirk on her face - frustrating!

rg - nice run yesterday!  Have you settled on a fall marathon yet?  We are still hoping you pick Richmond Smile  The space sounds like it could work well. - so exciting!

zorbs - those zucchini are crazy!  I found more yesterday  -I really need to get in the garden more often to pick them before they become monsters.  Glad the B had fun and was tired out yesterday.  Which park did he go to?  Have fun with the STing.

cx2 - sorry about the tantrums - my kids have always loved the bath, so I have no suggestions, frustrating though.  Hope your knee is okay!

Erniegirl

RR - Planning for 5k or so with the stroller this evening.

TR - Kept escaping the library program yesterday and running into the gym where bigger kids were playing dodgeball. Drew all over the wall with crayons last night while I was making dinner. Typical maniac toddler stuff Smile

FR - Cranberry turkey burgers, green beans

NRR - My sister and her family are moving today (to their new house with a pool, woot woot!) so I'm going to go help out for a few hours. Or as much as I can help out with S in tow, ha ha. Planning to be back for nap time, so I'll do personals then.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR: just managed a long walk this morning with the dog.  after 3 weeks of pushing harder than normal, today I am just tired. Decided to to take the day off and just recharge my batteries some

KR: DS woke me up about 4:30 am to ask if I would come sleep with him.  Been a long time since he's asked for some cuddles so I couldn't resist.

RG: Look out for kids getting taller! I clearly remember the day my DS learned he could no longer run under the bar in the kitchen.  He ran slap into it and busted his head open.. ouch!

Zorbs: your ex-bf's remind me of the move High Fidelity where John Cusack goes and visits all his ex's.

Cx2: Sorry you had a rough night. Could you get you DD a doll/baby that she could wash while you wash her? a distraction of sorts?

eh: I hear on DD testing her limits. I feel like my 8y.o. is really a 17 y.o. on disguse.  The mouthy attitude just floors me

Ernie: Better help with that move so you can earn a few days in the pool!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - still undecided between a USRD and 10k tonight.  My left ankle is a bit tight.  I'm going to ST w/ RP this morning and roll it really well with the killer black foam rollers at the gym and see.

TR - keeps asking 'what time is it?' and then says 'what does that mean?' lol.

BR - hung out in the basement playing with legos for almost an hour last night, most of it by herself.

FR - so.freaking.hungry.  I kept waking up last night feeling like my stomach was digesting itself, I should have gotten up and eaten something but that seemed like a lot of effort.  I think we're roasting a chicken tonight for dinner.  I felt so sick all day after my run yesterday, I think I was undernourished going into it....

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2 - well I don't have that many exes, but these 2 are the ones I will talk to.  Of course I have one totally psycho ex whom I never want to see again.

eh - you should have seen DH's eyes when he saw the zucchs.  I gave one of them to my mom..I love grilled zucchini but I think 3 giant ones are more than I can eat.

ernie - time to invest in Magic Eraser.

dexy - enjoy your rest day!

CA - how do you roll out your ankle? I am hungry too but try to remember that I'm not marathon training so don't eat like I am.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Zorbs - ha yeah not rolling my ankle literally. I meant roll my calf which is what is tight and pulling on my ankle.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

RR - nothing today, still have a fever with added cramps and AF. I'm a mess this week. I might stop posting until I feel better Undecided My ankle was swollen last night after wearing heels all day, which seems odd for shin splints. Hoping it was just bloating from my little friend.

TR - I think her ear is feeling better but boy are her lower gums swollen. I hate giving her so much advil/Tylenol but she really acts like she's in pain. She sure does like the taste of her antibiotics/pain meds so at least they aren't hard to give her. She cried this morning because she wanted more amoxicillin.

FR - pork chops and whatever DH decides he wants with it. I feel too crappy to cook.

zorbs: I think meeting one of my exes for lunch would be weird.

rg: glad the meeting went well. Is this still in the early stages or are you ready to make a commitment with her?

cx2: hopefully you aren't getting sick. Being sick in the summer sucks! It just doesn't feel right to be ill when it's in the 90s outside.

ernie: I haven't even thought about giving A crayons. I'm sure she would eat them.

Dexy: sounds like you needed a recharge your battery day. You have been doing great getting your runs in.

CA: eat something!! lol. Hopefully you can roll the tightness out of the ankle. Inner or outer ankle?

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.85 miles. Was supposed to be 6- EMRP overslept and we waited for her, then Reid had to go potty so I didn't do the last .15 miles I had planned on to get him home to the toilet.

TR: Was the devil yesterday- everything caused a screamy, crying, snotty meltdown. I think he's having a growth spurt- just wants to eat and sleep all the time. Says some pretty funny stuff lately, its a good thing his cuteness makes up for the toddler behavior.

FR: I ate some fish my dad grilled last night. I think maybe corn chowder tonight?

NRR: Met the builder at the job site to make some changes. He forgot about our meeting and rushed over when we called him once he was 15 mins late. R was flipping out and I got him to calm down for a few minutes by giving him a contractor's pencil and a board to scribble on. Trusses are up and the garage is framed- things are really moving along. The builder is really happy with the build so far- they usually sub out the foundation but did ours themselves since they didn't have any other jobs and he said it turned out perfect and he's really pleased with the quality of the materials and how its all coming together. Because of the  way our lot is, we ended up having to have our garage lower than originally planned which means our ceiling in there will be like 10'6", and attic access ladders only go to 10', so we will have to have an area where the ceiling is dropped to put in our attic access. We also are going to upgrade to taller garage doors because we can, and we are going to make the window in the living room larger. The cost difference for the changes is like $500 so not bad at all.   We are going to Spokane to pick out cabinets on Saturday and have to start deciding on exterior colors in the next 2 weeks.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- R can reach up on the counter too! I have to be careful not to leave knives or anything that could fall on him within his reach. Do you have a clientele that would follow you to your new location?

zorbs- that salad looks good- funny that they are sure to specify that the produce comes from Ontario Wink   DH doesn't get jealous about you meeting exes?  DH and I have no exes, which is really weird in some aspects, but very nice in others- less drama, no jealousy.

cx2- I need to get R to brush his teeth more. Mom fail.

eh!- Would you fly or drive to Richmond? I'm not familiar with how far apart cities on the East Coast are.

Ernie- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers will take crayon off the wall.

dexy- good call on the rest day. Refresh me on how old your kids are again?

CA- sorry about the case of the hungries!  Hope your ankle loosens up a bit- do you have a Stick or can DH give you a deep calf massage to loosen up that ankle? I'd be sure to roll your plantar fascia too.

Nola- sorry about your injury. Keep posting anyways!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Nola:  This is me this week too AF and all.  I feel way crappy and am lurking since I am a grumpy gus.

CTimesTwo

spike - home building is fun but can be stressful!  I built my first home and I had to visit the site everyday to make sure things were done properly... in the end they still managed to goof things up!

nola - sorry you're having such a rough week.. had to laugh that she wanted more amoxicillan though!  not something most toddlers demand..

CA - wow an hour of independant play?  I'm envious.  C is fine on her own for maybe 10 minutes before she's looking around for someone to play with her...

dexy - aww on the extra cuddles.  C will NOT sleep in our bed, even though I know it's not a bad thing.  She sees our bed as a big play area.

ernie - ha S sounds really social and outgoing.  Was just telling a coworker i'm not sure how C will do in daycare in Saptember since she's NOT social around other kids her age..

eh - chili sounds like a good idea!  We have a lot of ground meat to use up and running out of things to make besides hamburgers..

superspike113

Honorary Old

cx2- So far I'm finding that the financing part was way more difficult than the construction phase. There was one thing we asked about that none of us had realized before- that there was no window in the non-Master bath. We asked him to check out either doing a small transom window over the shower or doing a sola-tube skylight. I tend to be indecisive or very slow in making decisions, so it will be interesting to have to force myself to be decisive.