Womens Running

Move it Monday - Supermoms (Read 30 times)

strollermama

ernie - I was 19 weeks when I ran the half.  I just hate to run fast so anything less than  FM makes me scared...I need to find a training plan since I have never done one for a 1/2.  I think I have a full 2 months.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- yay for 20 week u/s, and a happy birthday to your big boy, J! Sounds like typical bday party stuff. Last year my dad showed up with a with a slipnslide and sprinkler toy for my nieces and nephews to play with and spent the whole time in the backyard and I didn't see him, then I had to cater to/clean up after wet kids.

strollermama- sorry about not being able to talk to your Dh for 6 weeks, you are tough and will get through it ok. What I would do is write him a short email each day or every couple days so he has a way to catch up with you guys when he gets back to civilization. Glad you had fun in the mountains.

mzm- Usually lulu stuff is too pastel or pink colored for me. I like really bright/bold stuff, so I have a lot of UA/Nike running clothes. I need to get a neon colored jacket or vest for winter running at our new house because I'm going to have to run along a busy road for part of my runs. R is saying "uh huh" for an affirmative response, which is nice because before you just had to name everything and hope you guessed that he wanted it.

armama- cleaning/packing/moving is really draining, hang in there!!

Bermy- I got woken up at 5 am PST, so I had a little extra time to post from home.  That is so awesome that you have help. I thank my lucky stars every day for R's daycare and godmother, if it weren't for them I would never get anything done. Sorry about the taper madness!

cx2- DH has become really anti-chicken breast lately and complains that its too bland, so I've been cooking thighs more. I like it all.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

I think my Stitch Fix should arrive today!

QOTD- I'm having a hard time deciding on a training plan. I would really like to get ambitious and do a plan that tops out at 35ish mpw and a 15m long run and try for a PR, but I have a feeling its just not realistic and maybe I should just follow a "get it done" plan and forget about a PR. I for sure can run 4 days a week, and when the weather doesn't suck I can do 5.  I guess my secondary ambition is that if I can get through a more strenous training plan for the half, then I might be in shape/have a base and routine for going into FM training in the fall. My biggest hangup is DH's schedule and I will probably have to hire a regular babysitter to be able to knock out the LRs and MLRs/track work/hill work. Plus, it gets really hot (90-110*) here during the summer, so I'm going to have to switch to morning running again. Gah, just don't know what to do. I've been really mentally weak for racing over the last year, so I've only done 3 races in that time.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Well.. My hairstylist has the stomach flu, so no point in me taking the afternoon off now Sad

runninmer

spike - Bummer about the hair cut.  If it is nice out, I say still take the afternoon off.  Go for a run, take a nap, have some "you" time.  You deserve it!

I am just bursting!!!!  We find out the sex of the baby on May 7th!  Woo Hoo! Smile  Now we just have to coordinate many peoples schedules to make it all work.  We invited MIL to come along so J will be with my mom.  (Long story short, my mom invited herself to our first UltraSound so I thought it was only fitting for MIL to be at this one!)

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer- I invited my mom to my u/s with Reid because she was really depressed about being shot then breaking her arm, it really lifted her spirits. Yay, excited for you guys!

I'm going to do my day off another day when I don't have to go to the doctor afterwards when I reschedule my hair appt. I need it cut and colored really bad so hopefully she can get me in soon. Bossman is out of town next Th/Fri, so hopefully before then. Lame. Maybe I will take a whole day off, I still have like 5 days that I need to schedule.

Marathonjen

spike - Sorry about your hair appt getting cancelled.  I suggest taking a full day when you are free to relax and get some stuff done just for you.  Do you have access to a treadmill?  Just thinking about your training when it gets super hot.  I think choosing a tougher training program might be good for you to get some motivation to make the time to run.  I know it is not easy especially with your DHs work schedule.  But if you can find a way to get a consistent running schedule down then you can find a babysitter who comes at x time on each day for x number of hours...or whatever works.  If you find it just isn't working out, then you can switch to a different plan.  You have to push yourself in order to know what you can do so I think starting with the harder plan first would be the way to go.  That is just what I would do though...it may not work for you.

Mer - Will you be 20 weeks by then?  That is awesome you got it scheduled so quickly.  My next appt isn't until the 14th and then I have to schedule my u/s at that time for 4 weeks later as they are so busy you have to schedule everything 4+ weeks out.  I am excited to find out what you're having.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I don't have a TM at home, I do have a gym membership, but no gym childcare. Last summer I did early runs with R in the stroller, I think it will be doable again. Our gym is like 85 freaking degrees year round so I hate working out there. I will get a TM at the new house, I think.   I only worry about going for the ambitious plan, then it not working out, as something that would just break me down even more, mentally. I would probably feel like its a failure. It might not be doable to PR anyways since I'll be running a half in August and I suck in the heat. Like I said, really conflicted. I think I need to see how I do the next few weeks at getting 20-25 mpw, if I can maintain it and the weather/kiddo cooperates, I will feel more confident to go for it.

Erniegirl

Mrszm - Bummer on the disappointing lulu visit! I actually do most of my lulu shopping online now, even though I'm within a half hour of a store, because whenever I go to the store, I either love everything and end of spending $300 or I don't like anything and am disappointed.

Arm - Glad everyone is healthy again! Sounds like you're doing a great job clearing out the clutter...I think I need to pretend we are moving so I can do the same thing. Getting love from strangers is such a confidence boost during a race! In the race I just did, our bibs had our first names on them, so hearing people cheer for me by name from the sidelines kept me going at some points.

Spike - Way to go on the 20 mile week! ST soreness is weird...the exact same workout can leave me really sore some days and other days, I feel nothing. For your QOTD, I would go with a more ambitious plan - I always figure I'll miss some runs/cut runs short because life gets in the way, so it's better to have higher mileage in the plan, so my mileage is still decent even if I don't do it all. Plus, you can always change to a lower mileage plan if you find you're finding the harder plan to be too much.

Stroller - I think my half plan was 11 or 12 weeks and I have it in a word file on my computer. I'll look for it and send it to you, although you might find it to be too low mileage after your marathon training.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

arm: when we moved about 6 months ago I donated SO MUCH stuff. and then I looked around and thought, "man we will never miss any of that stuff, why did we have it in the first place?!" lol on l's secret language. yesterday I was changing c in his room and dh was in our bedroom and heard an entire conversation c and I had with each other. I went in our bedroom afterwards and dh was like, "um, that was a nice conversations." ha, it was!

spike: bummer about your stylist being sick and then having to work a full day when you thought you wouldn't be. I know I will never be a hardcore runner, well maybe when all the kids are in school full time, so for me I try to find a plan (or combo of plans) and make out whatever works for me. not with the warmer weather here (56F right now) i'm so excited for it to consistent stay this warm. I would love waking up early to run in this compared to the 30s that it typically is. although they are saying snow mix for us in a couple days, so who knows!

spike2: lulu had a tank in a color I loved, but it was a shortcut one and was about to my belly button. sales lady said they regular style should come out in that color in a week or 2. the shorts I bought yesterday are definitely going back. now to only figure out how to get down there in the next 13 days!

bermy: you are going to rock this fm! great idea driving the course! we just got the elevation charts for our relay on Saturday and fortunately I have no big hills. dh however has a monster one. the course is super flat so his big hill is only one of two.

ernie: yes, if I had unlimited funds of money, I could have spent a lot there. but I couldn't fathom spending $100+ on a hoodie. my friend I went with bought a pair of crops for our race on Saturday. I bought a pair of printed speed shorts online and love them. bought a plain black pair yesterday in a bigger size because the smaller sized pulled in the back, and they don't look great at all. texted some verifying pictures to marathonjen. and the back of shorts is way longer than in the front on the black but not on the printed ones. hmmm..and the fabric is so different between the 2. the black is way stretchier. maybe my weird body measurement also qualifies for ill fitting running clothes in addition to jeans.

Erniegirl

Bermy - I love that feeling when you are well-trained and 8 miles seems like a super short, easy long run. Although I'm sure your legs are itching to go further! Great idea on driving the course so you know what to expect. So you are planning to do some swimming? I used to swim quite a bit, but haven't awhile now...I just found out a nearby pool has child care for like $2 an hour or something ridiculously cheap like that, so I should really take advantage and start swimming again. I hope your helper is working out well!

Mrszm - I know, right? The prices can be so outrageous. I always shop in the "we made too much" section online. That is so weird that the fabric of the same style of shorts was completely different. Do you have to go back to the store to exchange them now? The store is pretty far away from you, right?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Got my stitch fix and posted pics on FB- they are super blurry because I was in a hurry and couldn't remember how to change my self timer from 2 second to 10 seconds. There aren't any items I'm absolutely in love with at first glance, but I don't totally hate everything either. The jacket has a weird asymmetrical hem that I just can't see myself wearing, but i'll try it with jeans and reassess.

BermyHorse

Zorbs – yay on weather being nicer for you. I asked on fb – but just to check, what is the record meet up number for supermoms? Laughing about aveeno cream.

Ernie – yes, I like to swim. In a perfect world, I would work out all day every day and I would do every sport all day long. I used to swim, a lot, before DS. I haven’t been at all since having him as lap swimming with a toddler is not possible. Now a whole new world has opened up. My local Y has a billion exercise classes and I am going to try a new one a week I think! Your 10k time was incredible. Weird about hug but kinda creepy cute at the same time!!

Cx2 – not cool on coyote. Very fun to see animals though. Bit of a disjointed run for you though. Meeting on a Monday is probably less brutal than Friday in my vague recollections of meetings. Either way, unless they are led by someone who moves things along swiftly they can be a complete waste of time. I am going to do a lot less stroller running and a lot more track, hills and xcountry now! Whoo hoo! About time!

Jen – sorry to hear about your job security and feeling unvalued. I was in the same predicament re. living off DH. It makes it easier when he doesn’t make me account for money and makes me feel valued for all the hard work at home. The help today was divine. I had a full cart at target and DS was in the carrier and I didn’t have to stop once in the store! I can’t wait to workout hard again. I really miss that. Hope you’re ok with your long day and not too fatigued. I told DH I would not want another baby if I didn’t have some help (since we have no family and no noone here in our city) as I would feel like I couldn’t cope and that’s not nice! So I think this is DH’s way of asking me for another baby!

Mer – your slideshow is just adorable – you worked really hard on that. Yay to movements! Yay to scan – you are so nice inviting people to your scan. Not cool on leaving 3 boys unattended – glad you were there for their safety.

Stroller – which hm schedules have you followed? I want a good one for Aug. Wow on snowshoeing – what a great workout mama!

Mrszm – do you have help at home? I like my shorts baggy – so your DH would hate me in shorts. But I like them so they aren’t tight on my glutes/hams. My black lulus are my faves and I will be wearing them to the fm on sat!

Arm – you worked hard this weekend getting organized – but I bet you have a long way to go. Does it feel good? Any progress on your house listing? Would you get more for it privately rather than new employer buying it? I haven’t even heard of that before. Very convenient though.

Spike – enjoy your day off today. I am getting my hair done tomorrow. I really enjoyed my time with my help although I was with her the whole time. DS loved her and not one complaint even when she touched him! Progress! You are lucky having help – you deserve it. I think you can totally handle a tough schedule – you are a bamr from what I have seen. And if you need to ditch here and there then you do so, but overall your training will be tough. Oh not cool on hairstylist flu but at leasy you will get the time still.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

I'm late to the party today, it's been a busy morning...

RR - ST'ed w/ ex-RP this morning.  Went a bit earlier as my parents are here and I just left the girls at home with them, so I didn't have to wait until the childcare opened at 9, or drag the whole crew out of the house.

TR - Her and DH repeat back the entire book of Green Eggs and Ham together, she knows every word, they each have a part one is Sam I am, and the other the one who doesn't want to try the green eggs and ham.  It's super cute, I need to get it on video!

BR - has pretty much perfected sitting up on her own.  It's nice, she's so happy to sit and play with toys.  Ped's office called with an appointmnet today - she was referred bc of her small weight just to be safe.  I need to also book her in for her 6 mos vaccines still... maybe this afternoon.

FR - slow cooker pot roast, plus I'm making fresh bread.

NRR - got a new element for my oven, so finally I can bake again.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - M's cure all is a kiss, it's a pretty easy solution, unless she bites her tongue or cheek, that's where I draw the line.

cx2 - M had horrible diaper rashes around that age for ages, we had to cut out acidic food from her diet (oranges, and tomatoes mostly) but she also got them when she was teething.

ernie - amazing job on the race!!!! Hope the teething ends soon!

Jen - ugh on the job situation. I hope you can figure something out, maybe start saving incase you need to live for a couple months on one income. I'm not even trying to shower today since I'm just at home and will be running tomorrow morning, seems like a waste of time Smile

mer - YAY for nice weather! We have some really nice stuff coming this week. Happy birthday to J!!!

stroller - WOW, I'm glad to hear that you are human enough to get sore after such a hard workout, plus snow shoeing!! Aww sorry you have to not see/talk to DH for so long, I hope it goes fast for both of you.

mzm - I really don't like the current colors at lulu... I guess it's good since I already have way too much running stuff.

arm - nice job on the decluttering! I need to do that!!

spike - good job on getting to 20 last week! We had to start limiting M's naps to less than 90 minutes around that age or she'd be up at the ass crack of dawn.

bermy - Good idea to drive the marathon course! I wish you could wear a camera so I could run next to you and cheer as you go on your FM! Let us know how the mothers helper goes, I hope she's just great!

spike - qotd - Why don't you plan a schedule with an optional day - if it's a good week w/ time do it, if it doesn't happen then it was optional and you don't have to beat yourself up. I find going to 15 m LR's makes a huge difference. I'd just do that and not do any speedwork, add weekly mileage will help a lot I think.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/