Womens Running

Winning Numbers WEDNESDAY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Man, wish I was that lucky person in CA that won 522 MILLION last night!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.2 speed work miles for me. I did 7x .50/.30 rest.

I wasn't lucky enough to get rain today. I did think it was raining, but it really was the sweat dripping off of my shorts onto my legs. You're welcome! It was 74 with 70 dewpoint. Honestly, it was a pretty good run. The first 3 miles SUCKED. I had my calf sleeves on (like to wear those for hard speed work days) and I was BURNING UP! I decided to take them off around mile 3 and then it was like a 10 degree temperature difference. Now I know, haha. After that it was pretty good. Just LONG. These high mileage weeks are tough! Glad its done!

Its going to be CHEESEBURGER TONIGHT BABY! Smile Smile

Hoping work flies by today. We still have "guests" as Sandy likes to say Smile My wedding planner asked if tomorrow was okay to meet with 2 potential florists. I have to check with my mom because she wants to be a part of that. Fine with me, I dont know the first thing about flowers! I know I always kill them! I find it so weird that we are already having meetings and we aren't even a year out yet! BUT..we sent over some photographers we wanted to interview, and a lot of them are already taken for our date! These wedding bitches be CRAZY. Smile

Tessa – 40 DAYS?! Damn!!! That is awesome! Still a bummer that you have to work while you are there. I get the email overload. Nice run yesterday! What are the temps like there? Are you racing this weekend?! I agree, I want to be a cat!!! 20 hours?! I wish!

Kilmisters – WOW! Holy meetings!! You were running around like crazy yesterday Smile And more meetings to come! Haha. As long as you enjoy it – that is all that matters Smile Nice miles yesterday, too!

Docket – Oh no Sad You are too young for BP problems. I am guessing that it is hereditary since you said you hate your parents Smile

Run4kupcakes – OMG!!!! Those Korean tacos sound AMAZING!!! HCF would love that..he is a huge spicy lover.

Happy Thursday! I am in a good mood today because I get burgers. Smile

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - I bet your Mom is loving the wedding planning with you!  I loved it with my DD’s. Nice job on the run!  I don’t know how you get up so early and get it done, but good for you!

Well, I’m back after an amazing trip to Alaska!  Long story short, we had one booked for a year, then had to cancel because of FIL, after he died and MIL was doing good we had a deal come up we couldn’t pass!  Seriously saved us a couple thousand!  We had a 7 day cruise & 7 days on the land.  AMAZING is all I can say.  We had a great time!  I did run on the ship, DM a couple times, and around the deck.  Also at a couple of lodges I ran outside. Coming home was a biotch tho...24 hours of traveling UGH.  But, now I’m back and getting back in the swing of things!

I have have been trying to sporadically keep up!  Just going to say Hi to all now, and will catch personals later!

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Regarding the not being able to explain liking running in rain, DC is often concerned about my getting wet when we are out. I try to explain that it just doesn’t bother me at all since I have always had rainy runs as long as I’ve been running.

Tuesday after sufficient sleep I was able to do 55 minutes with ice and my running buddy.

Did some shopping with DC afterwards. They just opened a Menard’s store in the area.

Today I plan a very early run due to the water being off.The last time they didn’t turn it off because the wrong part was sent to fix the pipe.  DC and I are off to dinner tonight.

Happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Tessa – I always say I want to come back as a cat!  I mean, what a life.  I think the napping in the sunshine would be my favorite.  It’s always funny to see what they do during the day.  Fun to run in a new location!  OMG that’s a lot of newspapers to read.  No wonder you do not have TV.

Damaris – you were cracking me up yesterday.  You are more funny when you are pissed!  The poison gas falls at 3pm hahahaha.  But at my house, he sleeps when I’m at work and then is awake when I get home so I can tend to his petting needs.  Ugh sorry about the high BP.

HCK – OMG those tacos sound amazing!!!

Elina – whew what a whirlwind of a day you had yesterday!!  I honestly do not know how you go out and run after a day like that.  I would be exhausted!!

Lizzie – I can’t WAIT to see your fancy rat tail in Oct hahaha  Oh, and I hate to break it to you  but TODAY IS NOT THURSDAY!  LOL.  Good lord on your run – you freakin amaze me, Chica.  I think you need to eat 2 cheeseburgers tonight.  Maybe 3!  Laughing at “guests”.  It always reminds me of “breasts” hahahaha  I thought you would appreciate that.  Fun you are meeting with the florists already.  Wow, that is crazy that some photographers are already booked.  Hope work goes fast!  You get to sleep in tomorrow!  Woot!

Karen – oh wow on your heat index.  And you ran in it.  Whew!!  You are going to be FLYING this fall in the cooler temps.  Awesome you are still growing your running group and super awesome about the bike trainer!  Who needs OTF when you have all the toys at home?  How did all the rearranging go?  Sounds like it would be some serious cross-training.  Yeah yeah, I would LOVE to go to OTF at 9:30 or 10:45 – rub it in LOL  I agree, running with slow RB that likes the walk breaks is AWESOME for once a week recovery days.  It’s just that she’s been hitting me up more and more and it’s stressing me ou!  Haha

Judy – ahhh Menards.  AKA “the man store” haha  Enjoy your dinner out!

Hi Carol!  Your Alaska trip sounds AMAZING!  Weren’t you afraid of running into bears when you ran outside?  Did you carry a bell?

5.5 mi for me.  Pretty sweaty but not horrible.  Rain on it’s way and then tomorrow is going to be close to chilly.  In a “Lizzie is going to hate me for my weather” kinda chilly haha.

So, my Jeep.  Ugh.  They called yesterday and said they can’t find the part.  It’s not made anymore.  But they found a place out of state that will custom make it.  Gonna cost me around $800.  I was all stressed out about it.  Not sure I can trust an old mechanic to navigate the Internet to find a part.  So I called a couple places and no luck.  I called a salvage yard and they basically laughed at me and said they don’t have anything that old.  It’s a 2001 – WTF.  I don’t think that is THAT old??  I’m just pissed that a couple weeks ago two different places sorta blew me off and now it’s an emergency.  I really am stuck since I can’t drive it.  I’m also pissed that no one ever told me this was happening.  I mean, I do not make a habit of crawling underneath but I get my oil changed regularly and I had brakes put in early spring.  Why didn’t anyone say anything?  Okay, sorry.  Done ranting.  I don’t anticipate getting it back until Mon or Tues.  Got  a ride to work today and will bus it home.  Same for tomorrow.  But, I’m so out of food I’ll probably end up doing grocery delivery.  Though my RB did give me what looks to be two servings of her leftovers from last night since her family didn’t like it.  LOL  Happy WEDNESDAY!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 5 and some kickboxing tonight.

Liz, nice run.  This is my second time on BP meds and yes, it's hereditary.  My mom has been on BP meds since age 18.  I have just been delaying this because the meds make me lose endurance and feel like shit (based on my last stint), so not looking forward to them this time.

Carol, sounds like you had a great time.

Judy, I agree.  Running in the rain can also be fun!

Sandy, not kidding about the poison gas.  Now if you open a packet of cheese during those hours, someone always shows up within a second like the owl I posted in FB last night.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, just as Sandy mentioned, it isn't Thurs, yet...  That is crazy that things for weddings are booked out over a year away.  Guess it was wise to start planning already!!  MMMM, cheeseburger...  I had one for dinner at a drive thru last night.  Do others have Culver's??  Pretty good I must say, and their cheese curds.

Carol, what a lovely sounding trip.  Though in general I don't like cruises, I have heard that is the best way to see Alaska, one day I will do it!!

Judy, have a great dinner.

Sandy, what a bummer and PITA about the jeep.  Hope they are able to fix it soon...  Grocery delivery...  Have you done it before?  Nice of your RB with the food.  Hope it is good after her family not liking it.

HCK, those Korean tacos sounded simply fabulous.  You had me just about drooling.

Just got back from a tolerable walk.  Only 80 out.  We have been at or over 100 for forever and I am just plain tired of it.  I need to get a move on it for Woodstock.  I signed up for the half and would like to be able to keep up with Ginny.

Picked up a shift for Saturday, nice to have a few extra bucks coming in, I will take whatever I can get.  Looks like I will routinely not work Thursdays as they are given to another doctor who is super nice and lives near there.  Oh well.  I am doing OK money wise, for now at least.  September and October are gonna be kinda grim.

Tomorrow off, gonna make a red wine roast in the slow cooker.  Yummy sounding.

Work was decent last night - people wanting to do things.  Those are nice days.

Have a great day all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Bikerchick1

Judy - That is sweet that DC worries about you getting wet when you are out.  He sounds like a very nice DC Smile.  I think running makes us less “fussy” about being soaking wet, muddy, sweaty, etc. 

Sandy - Ugh, on your Jeep!  Hope you can get it fixed reasonably.  We are mileage twins today!

Damarias - How’s your lungs doing???  That sucks on your BP, but can’t change genetics Sad

Kat - Glad you are getting some hours in!  I wish I was coming down to do Woodstock.  I signed up for a half already for that weekend Sad. Hopefully you will have a gorgeous Michigan fall day!   This was only the 2nd cruise for us.  Are not cruisers either...but this cruise was nothing like a Caribbean cruise.  Most everyone was focused on seeing whales, nature, etc.  so was amazing!!!

Back from 5 1/2 drippy, hot humid miles...ugh.

Carol

Anonymous Guest

10 miles this morning. Much cooler than yesterday - only 75 and the dew point low 70s. Got hot once the sun came up, but still so much nicer than yesterday. Going to try for double digits again tomorrow, then long run on Sunday. I've finally got my weekly mileage over 50, now to get my long runs longer. I wrote my 100 mile goal on the whiteboard, dammit, so I need to get serious about training!

I did get everything moved around upstairs. DH worked from home yesterday so he moved some of the bike stuff and a table for me. The TM is nice - it's heavy, but the bottom folds up and when it does it's on four wheels, so I was able to move that over by myself. It actually looks better this way, since the TM is much bigger than the bike trainers, having it over by the wall instead of the middle of the room makes the room more open. We will see if it helps structurally. At the very least, now it's only positioned over my car - before if I fell through the roof Id probably wreck both cars.

HCK, you are lucky none of us live close by, sounds like I'm not the only one that was drooling over your tacos. Those sounded amazing and I think several of us would have stopped by to eat if we could.

Damaris, that is a good point - I could do most of the OTF workouts at home. Sometimes when I look at them I have to google half the floor exercises though! Hope the BP medicine doesn't mess you up. DH actually said he felt better on the bike last night for the first time since he's been on the prednisone and BP meds.

Liz, yes, make those wedding arrangements now. I still remember my mom telling me we had plenty of time (my dad booked the church and reception as soon as I told them the date even though my mom said that), but there were like 7 weddings that day in my small town and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel in some areas. Why yes, we did use the floral department of the grocery store for flowers. And we had to go out of town to find a photographer. No, I'm not at all bitter and holding a grudge TWENTY-FOUR years later.....hahaha. We went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon. Took a chance with hurricane weather (September) but it worked out.

Tessa, sounds like once you get out of the immediate traffic area, there are a lot of nice places to run in DD's area. Glad that you're getting some decent running in, and that you can work remotely. Kinda sucks that you can't just take the time off completely, though I understand.

Elina, crazy yet awesome day for you! I'm guessing you do best when you have just a little bit more than should be possible to get done to do. Balancing that with too much and freaking out is the key.

Carol, that trip sounds amazing. Between you and my friend in Iceland right now, I'm having horrible travel jealousy. Will you be posting pictures?

Judy, I have never been in a Menards. My parents love that place though, as does my brother. Hope this time they get the water thing fixed.

Sandy, I would be so so so annoyed on the car. Seriously, no one noticed the problem until now? And it bugs me that society in general doesn't seem interested in keeping cars around and running for more than 5-10 years it seems. Anyway, it is really cool that you can survive a week without a car.....couldn't do that here!

Kathryn, I liked hearing the other day that you and your mom were emailing/getting along more. This heat is killer. I've found that if I can get out before the sun gets too high, it's not too awful. Problem is I'm not a morning person, so getting out that early is hard.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

3.5 this morning and 4 yesterday.  Pretty decent runs, except my digestive system was not happy either day   I did make it home but it was close!!

Lizzie - LOL, I really had a craving for hamburgers this week, I think we'll have to grill some this weekend.  I haven't been cooking much in the house because it's been so hot and humid but tonight I'm going to make spaghetti because that really sounds good for some reason.  What a great run you had this morning!!  Wedding plans sound like they are coming together, so exciting!!

Carol - WOW, that sounds like such an awesome trip!!  Glad you are back here, though!!

Judy - I just discovered Menards last year, there is so much in there.  My BF loves that place!!  Have a good run and dinner tonight.

Sandy - UGH on the car, I hate dealing with car issues. Sucks they don't have a part anywhere, my BF often looks on Ebay for old/discontinued parts.  Nice 5.5!

Damaris - I hope you have a good run and kickboxing!

Kat - glad you had a decent work day!  We have Culvers in Michigan but I don't think I have ever eaten there.  My previous co worker really liked their soup.

Work is 'eh'.  I am going to be working in a 'tripod' team, meaning two social workers and one nurse since they are not replacing the nurse that is retiring next week.  We're going to have a higher caseload - I guess the nurse will go out for all the assessments and the social workers will do more of the paperwork, calling, coordinating, etc.  That should be fine but I am going to be working with the newest social worker who has been here for about 3 weeks and the newest  nurse, who has been here 2 months and is already overwhelmed.  So...fun stuff.  Oh well, we'll see how it goes.  Speaking of work, guess I should get back to it.  Have a great day!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday/Thursday?    It's my Monday since I was off the last couple of days.    8 miles easy for me this morning, one of those nice effortless runs.  Full disclosure, it was supposed to be an 81 minute run and I ran 81 minutes and 7 seconds because I could not stop at 7.99 miles.     Though interestingly, I was also using my Nike app since I was listening to a guided run, and that had me at 8.25 miles.  Shows how far off the phone GPS can be!  Hey, those are Wisconsin companies that you ladies are talking about today, Menards and Culver's!  Menards is headquartered in Eau Claire and Culver's near Sauk City.

Lizzie, awesome speedwork!  That is pretty warm to be wearing calf sleeves.     It was 88 when I took the kids to tennis yesterday afternoon, but it wasn't humid.  It was really nice in the shade!  Enjoy the cheeseburger!  Do you have wedding colors picked out?  Flowers are expensive!  We did the minimum, just the handheld bouquets and boutonnieres, and a few flowers for the cake table.  Yeah, the good photographers will book very early!  Yes, that was my first double digit run in awhile.  The foot was sore afterwards but the rest day fixed it.  I have a blister that I always get on the left side of my left foot and that was bugging me.  I taped it this morning!  Interestingly, with the plan I am following, this coming weekend's long run will be the longest that I do.  Then the long run pretty much holds.  I have one more week in the aerobic base phase, then on to the hill training phase!  The food I eat usually doesn't affect me when I run.  Who knows?    I ate dinner at about 5:00 last night, my run this morning was a little later, about 6:15, and I was getting hungry!    Yeah, the 24 hour run is the local one.

Carol, welcome back!  Glad you had a great trip.  Alaska would be amazing.

Sandy, DD was talking about how great it would be to be a dog or cat.     Is it supposed to get cool?  I haven't checked.    Oh, yeah, high of 72 on Friday.  Though temps seem to turn out to be a bit higher than what the apps say here.  But I won't complain about mid 70's!  Oh, that sucks about your Jeep!  2001 is not that old for a vehicle.  Isn't that what the salvage yards are for?  I didn't have much planned for yesterday, older DD had a doctor appt in between writing camp and tennis.  So it was a lot of driving around!

Kat, I had a Culver's cheeseburger last Thursday, we were rushing to see DH's nephew play soccer.  Nice picnic in the park.    Those temps are awful!  Glad you got out.

Damaris, push hubby off the TM.     Sorry about needing the BP meds.  It's also hereditary in my family, my sister always had low BP but it's gone up.  Wondering if I will be next!  Glad the lab tests came out well.  I have to do mine next Monday!

Elina, wow, sounds like a hectic day at work!  Great that you love your job.  

Tessa, nice that you could work remotely while visiting DD.  I noticed the Free Library box by the tennis courts was pretty empty, we will need to bring some things with us this week!  The Milwaukee newspaper (which we subscribe to) still does paper versions daily.  We used to have two Milwaukee newspapers but they consolidated to one.  Our smaller local city paper also still does a paper version.

Karen, you are going to have a nice setup to workout indoors!  I would imagine that the TM would be loud.  We have ours in the basement.  Our basement is unfinished, so it's not a nice place to run.  Makes me run outdoors more.    Ha, I hope it doesn't fall through the floor. Glad you got cooler weather today!

Ginny, since I started running again I have noticed that my shoes seem tighter!  I do know that my feet have gotten bigger, at least a half size in the past couple of years.

Cathy

ginnyb

Uh Kat?  Believe me, you will have no problem keeping up with me😁. Glad you got out for a walk today.

Carol your trip sounds fantastic!  Happy you had such a good time and you got to run too!

Liz nice miles as always!  I really think I could eat burgers every day If I could.  Favorite is bleu cheese burger.  Sounds like wedding planning is going well so far!  I had no aidea you had to start so early these days.

Elina I hope you have a less frantic day today

Karen let’s hope your TM does not fall through the floor!  What does Riley do when you are on the TM?  Just wondered if he watches or what,  sounds like you have a great setup!

Cathy I haven’t had an effortless run in a loooong time’. Glad yours was this morning

i ran 3 miles this morning and was sweating when I was done!  Must have been really humid, because I don’t sweat much anymore!  Anyone know why that might be?  I used to. Probably just getting old.  Didn’t get to go look for shoes out of town, just too many errands this morning.  I did go to our Dicks, but they have very little to choose from, didn’t even have the socks that I wear.  I was disappointed with the selection.  I guess our town is too small to have an “A” store.  Plus there were 2 young boys running amuck on the track in the store and they were getting on my nerves!  I  getting old and crotchety!-

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Did 5 on the TM last night.  Went to the gym at lunch and did 30 min (5 miles) on the bike then did 2 sets of 15 on the rower and ab machine.  Was going to do 3 sets but someone jumped on the rower just as I was getting off the ab machine so I decided I'd just use the rowing machine tonight at home.  Will do 2 miles on TM first and try for 10 min on rowing machine.

I think I found my 3rd qtr race for next year.  Something called the Lhotse 200 in Owasso, OK.  It's on a track but has 72, 48 and 24 hours and 100 miles and 50 miles.  I think I'll sign up for the 24 hours and see how far I get in prep for the JJ 100k in Oct.  I don't want to do much more than 50 miles.  I'll have to see how BB's 50 miles treat me before getting all excited for longer distances.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Carol – Wow, sounds like an amazing trip! Alaska is on my bucket list! Sandy makes a good point about the bears. I would be scared haha. Nice humid run this morning! YES post pictures!!

Judy – Have a great run and a great dinner tonight  Smile Rainy runs are a part of running!

Sandy – Nice miles this morning! Chilly?! WTH. I hate you. Oh man, sorry about the Jeep! I was going to say, 2001 is not that old! Odd that they don’t carry the part anymore. And I agree, why didn’t someone say anything?? I’m sorry Sad In the meantime, do grocery delivery!!! Havent you done it before? Okay, you know I hate that word – breasts! LOL. HCF used to use it all the time but I made him stop. That word isn’t very attractive in the bedroom kind of setting if you know what I mean. LOL.

Docket – Wow, your mom has been on them since 18? That is crazy! Aw..I hope you don’t have to be on them for that long Sad Have fun tonight at kickboxing!

Kathryn – Have you had any leads on another job? Red wine roast?! That sounds yummy. We do not have Culvers..but Sandy got me into cheese curds. Those things are good!!!

Karen – Whew, nice 10! Cooler…that doesn’t sound cooler. We have an exec in here today who is from Dallas. He said this is “Cool”. Uhm no. When you walk outside and my hair turns into a giant frizz ball..its gross. Lets hope that treadmill doesn’t go through the ceiling! Wow that is crazy about your wedding planning! So I guess the earlier the better?! I am sure the grocery store flowers turned out beautiful  Smile You may have paid less, too! Haha.

Laura – Nice miles this morning! Sorry about the digestive issues – okay, I have been having the same problem lately. In fact today, I felt it coming so I took 2 Imodium’s mid run (I always bring them with). I am blaming humidity and being dehydrated. OOOO spaghetti sounds REALLY good. I had that a few weeks ago!! I am either having that or French toast this week after my long run  SmileUgh, hang in there at work!

Cathy – Nice run this morning  Smile I would have made it 8 miles, too. Interesting about the phone GPS. I used to use that all the time..I bet my runs weren’t as accurate. I KNEW I have heard of Mernards before. I think I have heard HCF’s family talking about it! I have no idea about colors. I know I do want the bridesmaids in a plum/purple color. So maybe plum, with some light pink and maybe a rustic orange or something in there. I have no clue what goes with plum. LOL. When we meet with the florist I am going to tell her that I have no idea where to start. But yes, I am expecting it to be expensive! Glad the foot was okay! So how long is this weekends long run? Do you have hills near you that you will train on? That doesn’t sound fun. I was starving on my run this morning, too!

Ginny – Nice miles this morning, Ginny! Smile Sorry about the shoes. I would be grouchy too if I wasn’t being helped! Ruger sits in front of my treadmill and watches me. Its weird. I have to lock him out!

Diane – Wow, nice workout today!

Long day. I am heading to the grocery after work to pick up a few things - I'll send some stuff your way, Sandy Smile Then I gotta go get Ruger buddy from daycare!

I can't believe I put Thursday! I guess we all know what I am thinking about...FRIYAY!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie for my first marriage I worked in the floral dept. of a Kroger so did my own flowers with what the shop had.  I did the "veil" wreath with dried flowers so it was a keepsake.  Current marriage...as low key as I could get without it being a justice of the peace. No church, no flowers, my own dress, DD and friend there.  Dinner after at the haunted hotel where we stayed.  It was SO much better.  Course this is your first and you are still young