Womens Running

Back at it MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh, Monday.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Going to try to make it to abs class tonight.

Short and sweet post from me..hitting the road in a few. Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Alright. Time to channel some positive energy here. Throat is a little better this morning, hopefully it is just the travel and dry air and taper madness that caused it like you all are telling me. I'm going to go for a short (3 miles) run this morning since I haven't run since Thanksgiving morning. Then I will work on my race day stuff and write cover letters for the two jobs I found online and do some cleaning this afternoon while I wait for the water softener repair guy.

Drive safely, Liz!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.  Been having stomach issues since last night but hoping I feel better as the day goes along.  Having some Imodium for breakfast wasn't fun.

Karen, repeat with me, you are not getting sick, you are not getting sick.

Liz, enjoy the rest!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Karen, repeat with me, you are not getting sick, you are not getting sick.

As my best friend since high school, who rivals Lisa in positivity, used to say, "I'm not getting sick, I'm getting better!"

Hope you're getting better too.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy!!

Crazy busy weekend.  I did manage to run 5.4 yesterday.  Was nice to get out there. We are flying to South Dakota tomorrow to visit DH's family.  DH and his mom and driving back with her dog.  Ugh I have tons of work to do and zero motivation.

Have a fun week!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

This Monday is particularly painful.    Happy December!  I was hoping that some personal issues would be settled by now, but it now appears that it will not be the case.  DH and I filed for divorce in July.  I closed on a condo about a mile from our house at the end of October.  It was at the same time that Karen and Sandy were also looking for places.    I officially moved in on Thanksgiving.  The plan is for the kids to split time between the two households evenly.  Our court date is now moved out into mid January, but being in my own place has been a huge change for the better.  I've been way too busy and stressed out.  Hopefully that will improve!  I finally got a run in on Saturday, managed a quick 5K in my new area, which is pretty much my old area.    The county park is right next to me and the running trail is literally outside my door.  I just need to get my treadmill moved!

Liz, sounds like you had an excellent Thanksgiving!   I noticed that your run was speedier!  Wow, you got all that shopping done?  You rock!  I normally never go shopping on Black Friday, DD wanted to go to Bath & Body Works and we also got an artificial tree!  So we put the tree up on Friday.  It looks nice, especially since the "formal" living room doesn't have furniture yet.    How was the heirloom album?  I have your Save the Date magnet up on our new fridge!  It's the only thing up on it now, besides the magnet that DD picked out that says "Exercise?  I thought you said extra fries!". 

Karen, I am sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with you.     You will get the job that you should get, fate and all that.     Congrats to your niece!  Sub 60 minute for her first 10K is great!  And congrats to her awesome pacer.

Damaris, you have been having some adventures lately!  I am glad you survived the races.  Glad you can finally make use of all your cold weather InB.  And I am glad that you survived the iRobot attack.    Hope the stomach is better!

Sue, have a good trip!

Margaret, it is weird when you change up the running routine.    And going into the holidays is the best time of the year to rest!  No LR sounds really unusual for you, however!  

Kupcakes, nice 10!

Laura, the weather has not been nice lately!  Wind, rain, snow.  I'm not a big fan of winter either.    My RB mentioned going to Traverse City to run a 10K and meet some online running friends.  I asked him if it was Bayshore.  It was. 

Carol, yay on the longest run since the hamstring issues!  I am enjoying your pics on FB!

Kat, itchy dog feet?  

Lisa, your positive posts have helped this past year!

Cathy

As my best friend since high school, who rivals Lisa in positivity, used to say, "I'm not getting sick, I'm getting better!"

Hope you're getting better too.

Karen- ha! I was just thinking "repeat after me.. I am well. I am full of strength and I am the healthiest and fittest I have ever been!" Oh and I heard someone on a podcast talk about what you put into drop bags when you have abundant aid stations and crew... "don't pack your fears" .. I like that. You've done the work, you've done the distance (you've run 4 miles millions of times so those will be the easiest miles). Maybe you should come and run Screaming Monkey with us in April. They have given the 100 mile event a 32 hour time allowance and you'll be ready again by then for some long slow distance and great aid station food .. you know after Boston. 

Lizzie-Yeah Monday! This time of year is such a fun time with all the holiday races, good cheer and I'm sure no sewage backups. LOL

Damaris-bummer on the breakfast choice.. pun was intended. I'm sure that will do the trick and the rest of the day will find you unstoppable (I think there was another pun intended in there).

Sue-well that should be warm and cozy for December.. At least it isn't NORTH Dakota, that would certainly be cold.

Cathy-I had no idea! Congratulations on your weight loss plan... I will go with assumption that losing a 180-200 pound ass is a good thing for you. Feel free to PM me anytime. BTDT (twice actually LOL) The kids will be fine and will learn much from the two households. They will also learn a ton about being an adult, doing hard things that are the right thing to do and taking care of themselves. They will know that they are loved, safe and secure. if nothing else, they will have something to tell their counselor about when they look for things to blame instead of taking responsibility themselves. (that was meant to make you laugh)

Vinyasa last night and a super 4 mile run this morning. Retiring this morning (at Firestone) before heading into work. 

Lisa

Seloc

Monday!  Howdy folks.  My Monday started with a pap, blood draw and tetanus shot!  Happy to have all that behind me  Been BUSY over here still shuffling back and forth a bit to and from old house.  Had to put out garbage, put garbage away,  return some things that should stay with the house I found cleaning out drawers, etc.  Cannot WAIT to get that one off my plate.  Still on track to close in a couple weeks.  Running is happening but just the usual 3-6 miles.  Well, except this weekend when it was WAY too sketchy out there.  All my exercise came in the form of shoveling.  Winter arrived in full force.  Actually strung some lights in my living room for the first time in probably 10 years.  The Bah Humbugs have lessened a bit.  Thanksgiving was completely low key.  Just me, a bottle of wine and Leo in the basement watching the parade and the dog show.  I wanted the Golden to win it all!  I think bulldogs are ugly.  Absolutely NO shopping for me this weekend.  Yuck.  We don’t exchange gifts anyway now that the kids are all older.  Headed to IAH on Friday for someone’s big event!!

Margaret – You inspired me to make some brussel sprouts this weekend.  I swear, EVERYTHING tastes good roasted with olive oil and salt and pepper.

Damaris – your races this past weekend sounded super fun!  Hope you are feeling better.  And, OMG I cannot believe that CLOSET of InkNBurn!!

Karen – nope, you are NOT sick.

Cathy!!!  Awwww glad you are moved.  But, ya gotta get that dreadmill over!  Also, I do not blame you in the LEAST for dropping to the half at your spring event.  Takes SO much pressure off!  And, with everything else you have going on…  Impressed you ran in that nasty weather.  I ran Thurs, Fri, went out both Sat and Sun but turned around.  Sat because nothing was plowed and everything underneath was ice.  Yesterday was soooo freakin windy!  And, today it was 9*.  Ahhhhh, the joys of midwestern winters…

Liz – sounds like you had a really nice Thanksgiving with your family.  I remember those days when I was your age.  Safe travels today!!

Lisa – haha I laughed out loud at Cathy’s weight loss plan!

Laura – yep, fellow winter hater here, too.  But, I have to say, without the pressure of “training” for a race I’m trying not to let it bug me as much.  Plus, I keep telling myself “relax, you are 50.  50!  You do not have to get out there every day.”  Some days it works better than others.

Oh yeah, added to the craziness and anxiety of last week – both my phone and my laptop crapped out.  I’ve replaced my phone but will not have a computer at home until at least Wednesday.  Waves to everyone else.  Gotta a late start with the early doc appt so best get going.

Cathy--Hugs to you! I hope the holidays bring you peace!!!  So hard when you are in the moment, but once things settle down it will be a big sign of relief!  BTDT 2X also.

Karen--do not get sick!!!

OMG we're gonna FREEZE in SD!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, safe travels and enjoy the class tonight.

Karen, you are going to rock it!  I will do as much on my end as possible.  Taper madness on the cold, not cold.

Damaris, sorry about the stomach bug.  Enjoy your 5 tonight.

Sue, safe travels for your family as well.

Cathy, wow.  Never married, no kids, so no comparable advice, only hugs.  As far as the kids, growing up my parents were miserable together and I knew it.  I WISHED they would have divorced long before they did.  Congrats on the new condo and new life.  January will be here before you know it with the holidays.  Hang tight.

Lisa, glad to hear your run was great!  Retiring.  HAH, I had to read that like 4 times before I realized you were talking about TIRES.  Ya think Firestone would have clued me in.  I was like wow, retiring from work.....

Sandy, my Wednesday thanksgiving was the same.  I didn't watch the dog show, but I am in full agreement on Bulldogs.  Ugly critters with tons of health problems.  Goldens are probably one of my favorite purebred dogs.  So incredibly nice.  BUT, they also have a lot of health problems.  No lights for me.  Haven't put up Christmas in years and years.  Or course I work again this year.

Work.  Hmmm.  They really need to come up with something for me to switch days.  Right now it is basically back to what I get now, but with days I don't want.  Unless they come up with something, I am not too keen on switching.  As it is now, if I want to go to a race, I just take a Sunday off.  If I switch, I would have to take Thurs, Fri, and Sat off.  Boss already was a bit sketchy about the days I have committed to.  13 weekends.  Geez though, that means I would cover 39,  AND, he was kind enough to point out I can take all the days off, but in the end, the only person it shorts is me as I wouldn't get my production.  Really, what is in it for me.  Ugly days and less money.  Uh, no.

Nothing weekend for me (Thurs/Fri.)  Kinda of blue still.  Unmotivated.

Should get moving.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

"Happy" Monday - yeah...right!!  

Rest day here, no mojo this morning.  I did get in several good days of running/working out.  And, since I'm not training for anything, no biggie.

DS got back to school this morning, yesterday was a bit of a stresser.  He called me in the mornng to say he was stuck in a snowbank by the entrance to our street.  By the time we got there, someone had pushed him out but his windshield wipers were broken because, in his 20 year old brain, he thought it would be a good idea to use the wipers to clean off the 4 inches of snow and ice, which resulted in the arm mechanism breaking .  BF was able to find the part, but it required a drive out of town and back.  Hopefully, the $120 DS had to pay for the part is a lesson to actually clean your car off and warm it up.  Ahhh!  Anyhow, he went back to school today since he didn't have class until this afternoon.

Lizzie - have a good and stress free day...enjoy abs class!

Karen - sending positive health vibes your way!

Damaris -have a good 5 miles and I hope your stomach is feeling better.  I needed some Immodium this morning, too (too many bathroom trips)!

Sue - safe travels, stay warm!!

Cathy - (((Hugs)) Girl!  Message or text me anytime if you need a venting partner.  My divorce was several years ago but I also moved out and the kids were young and we split the custody.  Very stressful time, but it does get better. Will really be nice to be in a separate household!  Bayshore registration was yesterday, glad your RB got in okay though it's usually the Half that sells out really fast!4

LIsa - Okay the "180-200 lb Ass" comment got me LOLing!!

Sandy - I wished we lived closer, we are so much alike!  HATE shopping and I decorate only because my kids like it.  And, I like your Thanksgiving plans!!  We're also on the same wavelength regarding running and training  - I figure I am good until at least February, even if I do another marathon.  Right now I am trying to just get some mileage in when the weather doesn't suck (not often) and keep up with some strength training

Kat - ugh on the work schedule issues.

Bikerchick1

Liz - Hope your traveling is going good.

Karen - Sending all the positive and healthy vibes your way!!!!  That 14 hour car ride would tire me out!

Damarias - Hope your stomach issues have improved!

Susan - Nice on the miles!  Sooooo, flying to SD to bring MIL and dog...is she moving in???  Did I miss something?

Cathy - Oh my gosh, girl!!!  So much change and stress for you!  BTDT - and agree with sentiments already posted, not an easy thing to do at all, especially with kids involved, but sounds like you two are doing the best for them.   All the support and thoughts being sent out to you and your sweet girls!  Your friend is coming all the way to Bayshore for a 10k??? 

Lisa - Seriously, you should write an inspirational book!  You express yourself so well!  

Sandy - What a way to start a Monday...  Will be nice to be closed on the house and not have to worry about it! 

Laura - Oh my gosh on your DS and windshield wipers.  I’m loving not training for anything currently, it is a nice feeling isn’t it!

Kat - Hope work resolves something for you!  

Has been very busy here...my 2 year old DGS is staying with us for 6 days...yikes.  My DD/SIL went with his entire family in a cruise, except for 2 year old....he is very attached to his Mama, so we have been having “fun”...ran at the track today, since we had snow/ice yesterday.

Carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

No love for bulldogs? Our last next door neighbor had one, sweet dog, but dumb. There were several times when DH or I went outside and he was sitting on our front porch waiting to be let back in the house. Too bad he had the wrong house.

Turtles, wow, that sounds so incredibly stressful. Hopefully having a place of your own helps