Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

AroundTheHorn

Ha Ha, by no means am I humilated. I've just gotten into running so I know I won't be blazing saddles anytime soon. It's just like lifting weights, you can't go out and lift 300 pounds just because you've hit the bench a few times.....It takes time.
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
    obsessor

Dude, make that log public. It's amazing what public humiliation will do to inspire you.
      That's why I did it. I'm not very proud of myself. I need accountability.
        That's why I did it. I'm not very proud of myself. I need accountability.
        I'm bringing a 30-50lb weight vest for you or whatever is needed to bring you up to my pace. Big grin

Vim

obsessor

I'm bringing a 30-50lb weight vest for you or whatever is needed to bring you up to my pace. Big grin
          How about I run your legs with you? Bungee chord. Is there anything against running the legs with the next runner, you know, for cooldowns and warmups and stuff?
            How about I run your legs with you?
            Only if I can be on a sled. Big grin

Vim

Non ducor, duco.

Ha Ha, by no means am I humilated. I've just gotten into running so I know I won't be blazing saddles anytime soon. It's just like lifting weights, you can't go out and lift 300 pounds just because you've hit the bench a few times.....It takes time.
              Nobody cares where you are when you start. We all started at the beginning (is that profound??) and for some of us, me included, that wasn't that long ago. I promise that if you want to be consistent, making your log public will help you. I know that if I miss three or four or maybe even one day of running, that the people here will be checking in on me to help me stay true to my goal. It's just an idea for you to consider. And someday before this race, we should meet up for a run since we are in the same town.. allen parkway?
              AroundTheHorn

Nobody cares where you are when you start. We all started at the beginning (is that profound??) and for some of us, me included, that wasn't that long ago. I promise that if you want to be consistent, making your log public will help you. I know that if I miss three or four or maybe even one day of running, that the people here will be checking in on me to help me stay true to my goal. It's just an idea for you to consider. And someday before this race, we should meet up for a run since we are in the same town.. allen parkway?
                You've been at it for a year so you have a little more time under your belt. I see you advanced rather quickly, but I'm certain you were no where near you are now at the beginning. I haven't really given my log much thought (hell, I've missed recording a few days here and there to boot) but I see where you're coming from on wanting to be consistent. I've been a little pissed off these past few months (because of injuries, being sick, etc) because I'm not one to make excuses and it seems like I am. However, you could be on to something with trying to get my ass in gear by opening the log. As for the run, count me in. Just don't embarrass me too badly (actually, that could be a good thing for motivational purposes......).

Non ducor, duco.

You've been at it for a year so you have a little more time under your belt. I see you advanced rather quickly, but I'm certain you were no where near you are now at the beginning. I haven't really given my log much thought (hell, I've missed recording a few days here and there to boot) but I see where you're coming from on wanting to be consistent. I've been a little pissed off these past few months (because of injuries, being sick, etc) because I'm not one to make excuses and it seems like I am. However, you could be on to something with trying to get my ass in gear by opening the log. As for the run, count me in. Just don't embarrass me too badly (actually, that could be a good thing for motivational purposes......).
                  See that didn't hurt one bit, now did it! We will definitely do that run. I gotta get through the next couple of weeks of finals but you got my email from the spreadsheet, right?
                  obsessor

Around the horn - you are not doing so badly. You will come around. You could also consider suplementing with cross-training until your mileage gets up there. You will progress well, I think.
                    AroundTheHorn

See that didn't hurt one bit, now did it!
                      I think it left a rash......
                      We will definitely do that run. I gotta get through the next couple of weeks of finals but you got my email from the spreadsheet, right?
                      Finals here too. We'll figure it out.
                      AroundTheHorn

Around the horn - you are not doing so badly. You will come around. You could also consider suplementing with cross-training until your mileage gets up there. You will progress well, I think.
                        Cross training, as in biking or swimming? I already weight train 4-5 days a week so shoulnd't that help a little?
                          Hopefully my legs get back to normal soon .
                          I've hit quite a slump lately. I'm hoping that after this weekend (the Monkey) that I'll be able to get into a decent training schedule, and that my legs will behave nicely.

Michelle

obsessor

Cross training, as in biking or swimming? I already weight train 4-5 days a week so shouldn't that help a little?
                            Me, too. And yes, it does. But aerobic cross-training would help more.
                            obsessor

I've hit quite a slump lately. I'm hoping that after this weekend (the Monkey) that I'll be able to get into a decent training schedule, and that my legs will behave nicely.
                              Your legs need discipline. They will behave when punished. Running will punish them. Bad legs, bad! Now behave.
                                Your legs need discipline. They will behave when punished. Running will punish them. Bad legs, bad! Now behave.
                                Big grin I think Sunday will be more than enough punishment!

Michelle