The Dinner Table--RA vs. (and? or? with?) CR (Read 1880 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I aim to find this marathon, run it, and eat said pumpkin pie. Will there be beer?
    Yes. Local microbrew. To be tapped at noon. Open until the keg is empty or everybody leaves. Drew, if the marathon starts at 8am, you better hurry or you may not make it Evil grin

Lazy idiot

Yes. Local microbrew. To be tapped at noon. Open until the keg is empty or everybody leaves. Drew, if the marathon starts at 8am, you better hurry or you may not make it Evil grin
      This marathon, wherever it is, I thought it started at the break of dawn. This is changed? Oh, and I will probably not be present for the keg tapping. But I'm hopeful I'll be there before it's all gone. At least I can count on the RD to be chatting so much he won't hog the beer. Evil grin How much do hippies drink? MTA: Just saw the 8 am notice. I'll have to HTFU for a sub-4:00 at my debut. Doable?

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes. It changed. 1. We realized that even the slowest runners finished in under seven hours, which means we did not need to get there as early if we wanted to avoid finishing after mid-afternoon. 2. Some Gorilla named JakeKnight kept whining about starting too early since that meant he had to roll out of his bed one mile from the starting line at 5 minutes til the break of dawn. 3. It tends to be cool by race day, so we generally do not need to avoid the afternoon heat. 4. Can't open the keg until noon, so why punish those who finish in 3 hours by making them wait two more hours for beer?

Lazy idiot

This will be nice. I was thinking about rolling in from Byrdstown that weekend, but it may be nice to hang out with the rest of the monkeys and stay in NashVegas.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Amen brother! Bring it on. November 23.

Lazy idiot

Oh, I'll be there. Just may work it into a vacation. Perhaps vacation house until Saturday morning, then move the party to Oz for two days, then back to relaxation in the middle of nowhere.

Tick tock

Imminent Catastrophe

Rumor is that there was an aid station that was exempt from the "no alcohol before noon" law. Mile 15, if memory serves. While I don't recommend or endorse that, beer IS carbs, ya know.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can't trust rumors. I think that was just Ultima.

Imminent Catastrophe

If so, that was the best Ultima ever!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

We do that, too, it's just about beer instead. Or boobs.
                      Some common ground. As a new member of RA I promise to enjoy both boobs and beer.
                      Scout7

Some common ground. As a new member of RA I promise to enjoy both boobs and beer.
                        I'm nominating yours as the best avatar ever.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm nominating yours as the best avatar ever.
                          There's a shocker. Roll eyes Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Tell me I'm wrong but I see the makings of a new Social Group Shocked Shocked

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Scout7

Scout7

Tell me I'm wrong but I see the makings of a new Social Group Shocked Shocked
                                I think that would best be summed up as the 2k Group.