ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

A Saucy Wench

Ah, Ennay... 'Tis the BEER that makes golf worthwhile. and the beer cart girl. Just don't tell my wife. kpleasenthanks.
    You know, I have always found it works just as well to have a beer without hitting the big green ball under the little white ball. There is that whole beer cart girl, although I havent seen many here. Man how do all these people expect me to remember what I am supposed to keep from the missus just in case I ever meet anyone IRL? All the wives are going to say "Boy, she sure is quiet"

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JimR

A Saucy Wench

nah, this guy: sport jester
        We may have a winnah!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jazz hands!

We may have a winnah!
          I think so! For a second I was like, no, this Victor guys seems pretty spot-on but then I stopped being dumb and read the article. MTA: DURRRRR Jester actually shows up in the thread.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          sport jester

Biomimeticist

So I'll start here then. Its been posted that there are a few who would like to run 20% faster. I'm not here to sell anything, just a different perspective to running. And one of the posters here besides myself has already stated how to do it. The biology of running faster is actually a simple transition. Humans are naturally stronger on one side of their body than the other, called side dominance. Yet if the strongest leg is actually what we use to determine out peak running speed, then biological reality is that our weaker leg determines our peak speed, not the stronger one which one poster made note to. The strongest leg actually has to decrease in skeletal efficiency to match the strength limit of the weaker leg. Biologically we run with inefficient biomechanics and inefficient muscle strength. Wouldn't it seem logical to ask, what would happen if we could use our strongest leg to determine out peak speed? It requires learning how to use your weakest leg more efficiently. Its dominant strength, and optimum skeletal efficiency which is how a 20% increase in distance ability or speed is possible. And I didn't even ask for money....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

good memory Jim. OK. to summarize for everyone here is what you do. you start with your toes bent slightly inward. you tap your heels together three times while saying "there's no place like home". I admit I kinda skimmed through it but that's about as good of a summary as you are going to get.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

http://www.truveo.com/Speed-Golfing-No-Carts-Needed/id/2953122525
                Excellent. What if we dispensed with the clubs and the balls entirely, and just ran from point to point -- maybe we could make a sport out of it. PS: ( hattrick! I saw it already)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

good memory Jim. OK. to summarize for everyone here is what you do. you start with your toes bent slightly inward. you tap your heels together three times while saying "there's no place like home". I admit I kinda skimmed through it but that's about as good of a summary as you are going to get.
                  I just tried this, but I can't figure out where the healthy turduchicken-bacon burger appears???

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

nah, this guy: sport jester
                    *hands over meat prize* CryNo

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

nm

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

We have a golf course near us that does speed golf. They have to set aside a time because of course they would bowl over the regular golfers, so it is a pretty crappy time, but sounds like it would almost make golf worthwhile.
                        Speed golf, good stuff - score is a composite of time to play the round and your actual score. You do get some strange looks from the "regular" golfers though.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Speed golf, good stuff - score is a composite of time to play the round and your actual score. You do get some strange looks from the "regular" golfers though.
                          Speed golf was started by former American mile record holder and track legend Steve Scott. Clearly, that 3:47.69 mile speed came in handy:
                          Scott is also regarded as the founder of speed golf in 1979; on December 2, 1982, Scott set a record for the fastest round of golf played on a regulation course, completing 18 holes in 29 minutes, 33.05 seconds Shocked at Miller Golf Course in Anaheim, Calif. Using only two clubs and running from hole to hole, he posted a respectable score of 92.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I just tried this, but I can't figure out where the healthy turduchicken-bacon burger appears???
                            sigh. your biomechanics are all wrong. obviously you are weaker on one heel no? they can't possibly be exactly equal can they? then why aren't you asking yourself "where did the days go by?" And you may ask yourself "why such a big suit?"

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I might be asking myself, all those questions, but I might be asking myself, WHERE'S THE BEEF? I mean, TURDUCKEN

this method is Kosher. I thought we already established that.