ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

JimR

So I can be a better runner if I become an amputee? Maaan! I've given up a lot to be a runner, but I'll have to think about it for awhile before I take that step. Smile
    Nah, it would make you slower. You need a certain amount of arm swing to counter the force exerted from push-off. If you didn't move your arms, you would need a high amount of core strength to stablize your hips enough to do it (and that would use more energy than your arms do) or you just let your hips twist which reduces push off force, and makes you slower.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So I'm just under two weeks from my marathon, but I am enjoying running, and don't want to not run. If I just reduce the long runs and bring the overall mileage down somewhat on this week, I don't have to stop running right? This post was brought to you by the Coalition for Keeping Threads Strictly On Topic And Avoiding .. Um, What Was the Subject Again Please?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

What was the over / under on this thing again?

Lazy idiot

What was the over / under on this thing again?
          I'm over this thread.

Tick tock

Roses Revenge

I'm over this thread.
            Oh, come on. Let's get this puppy to 50 pages.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Lazy idiot

Oh, come on. Let's get this puppy to 50 pages.
              I had 45 pages in Vegas. 50 means nothing to me.

Tick tock

this thread is finally in it's dying sputtering death throes. of course I thought the same thing about 5 pages ago and then a few whopper links were tossed in to breathe new life into it. thank you... i had a typo. it is throes not throws.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Gawd. It's like the last creeping, crawling, agonizing, painful moments of the first Ironman races many years ago. You can't bear to watch, but you just can't tear yourself away, hoping against hope that the runner reaches the finish line.

Why is it sideways?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Need video link to tired ostrich finishing its cycling leg of its ironman. That'd be good.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Queen of 3rd Place

Ex runner

xor

Jeff is going to be sooo pissed.

Why is it sideways?

Jeff is going to be sooo pissed.
                            xor

Tommy Lee makes any thread better. He's like pie.

Why is it sideways?

Tommy Lee makes any thread better. He's like pie.
                                Would it be ironic if my post took this thread to page 50?