You know you've caught the running bug when... (Read 2175 times)

...you plan your vacations as race destinations. ..your running wardrobe is more extensive than your dressy wardrobe ...and as I posted in LLR....you wear godawful fugly Crocs in public because they make your achilles feel better
    I can say the same for all of these! If I plan a run out of state it gives us an excuse to go on vacation otherwise we'd never take them!!!! My running wardrobe literally takes up half of my closet Better yet............you wear Crocs at work because they don't kill your feet so they feel better for that 10 miler you have planned for your day off. And one to add to the list You know you've caught the running bug when................. your husband buys a camera and photographs the group you coach because he knows that is the only way he will see you on the weekends. Cool
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
      When the actual part of running is less than half the time spent on running. How about all the time spent on running related items. Stretch after running Shower after running Wash running clothes Log your running stats Read about running Buy running paraphernalia Time spent Just thinking about the next race or workout.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When the actual part of running is less than half the time spent on running. How about all the time spent on running related items. Stretch after running Shower after running Wash running clothes Log your running stats Read about running Buy running paraphernalia Time spent Just thinking about the next race or workout.
        Truer words were never written. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My wife suggested I start logging the time I spend logging, reading, posting. etc. She was joking, sort of. Kenny
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

When you choose to run on a treadmill in a health gym right next door to the beautiful ski resort of Sugarbush (Vermont) while your entire family is skiing there! (while watching on TV The Today Show's broadcast from the base of the hill, too, lol)

12 Squared

When you can justify $90.00 for a pair of running shoes.
              If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
                Yeah, the first time I did that I KNEW I was hooked.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heck, sometimes $90 is a bargain, even. You know you're hooked when you think nothing of spending $90 on a pair of shoes that you may only get 3-4 months out of...several times/year. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Heck, sometimes $90 is a bargain, even. You know you're hooked when you think nothing of spending $90 on a pair of shoes that you may only get 3-4 months out of...several times/year. Smile
                    Well it's Hook, Line and Sinker. $200 for Nimbus 9's or Kayano's, Kinsei's go for $229. Add 14% in taxes, so it's $228 and $264. I guess you could shop around and buy when they go on Sale for up to 20% off so $180 and $220. Now that is Canadian dollars...........oh Wait Confused

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I just spent 60 bucks on a sports bra Shocked
                      You can fly, but that cocoon has to go.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I just went to Palm Springs for a week, and only socks I brought were smartwool!

left-right-left-right-repeat

haha-i'm lucky and get all my trainers for $50! and my powerfeet inserts are free! Big grin but otherwise, i would fork it out.
                            You go out to run an easy 4 miles and end up running 8! Woops!

Beatin' on the Rock

You know you're a runner when... you time your runs around bathroom trips... and vice versa! Tongue
                              Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Yoda the 4-eared cat

To continue the footwear theme.... When you completely give up high heels (that applies to you too, boys Wink) so as your little bunion doesn't get any bigger and risk making you stop running Sad. Hooray for ugly shoes!