Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Outside Lane

Great run outside this morning through the neighborhood with my brother.  We are both in 40's and enjoyed a nice 4.05 mile run at easy 10:05 pace.  Great to catch up with him - saw some other runners out - great way to start the day.  Life is good.

See how they run...

Tangis Khan

Thanks to great 46 degree weather, ran through Providence, RI and Blackstone Park for 12 miles.  That was my first time running double digit mileage.
      Tang Clan Running Club www.tangclanrunningclub.blogspot.com
      Donn1

Uncle Dude

OK, this is a big deal for me. I recently posted the "hey buddy can I bum a smoke thread" ( I realy enjoyed reading the replies...thank you) and today, after a few weeks of dealing with a very painful Achilles, I managed that elusive 8 mile run that I've been dying to complete!  So, with that, my training for the half marathon in April is still on track. Sweet. Next week it's double digits....now THAT will be a big deal.

Donn Born Again Runner 2010 Half Marathon 4-25-10 Glass City 1:55:55 5K < 23:00 Just Run

Donn1

Uncle Dude

Great run outside this morning through the neighborhood with my brother.  We are both in 40's and enjoyed a nice 4.05 mile run at easy 10:05 pace.  Great to catch up with him - saw some other runners out - great way to start the day.  Life is good.

.....Life is good.....

Words to live by. 

Donn Born Again Runner 2010 Half Marathon 4-25-10 Glass City 1:55:55 5K < 23:00 Just Run

23.5 for the week, most miles yet in a week.

6 miles on saturday, yet another most miles since I was a kid.

5 miles today and my average pace for the week was 9:16.

I am pretty stoked about my progress. Now I need a break for a day.

xor

10 marathon+ultra for the year.  4th in 9 days. 2nd in 2 days.

It was my fastest, by a lot.  And I did it on water-only.  Not by choice.

3:37 with a 1:52/1:45 negative split.  I'll take it.  (3:37 ain't no great shakes, but I did run another marathon 22 hours prior).

RunsForCake

3:37 with a 1:52/1:45 negative split.  I'll take it.  (3:37 ain't no great shakes, but I did run another marathon 22 hours prior).

*bows to SRLopez's running prowess*

Absolutely amazing!

an amazing likeness

Wow, just wow. Update your blog man!  Love to read the details.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

Yeah, I stopped updating it because I was trying to finish my book last year... real life has taken me on a series of detours since then.  I really do need to update it.

I made it out the door for the first time in 6 months. It's a far cry from the 1/2 marathon last year but I ran (and walked) 1.8 miles. It does feel good to have a bar again.

First time I have posted on here in a VERY long while. Managed a 6 K run outside today, one of the few runs I have been able to do outside in the last three months thanks to the weather, thankfully the temps dropped to the mid 20's today and I was able to get out. Much better than the gym and the treadmill.

No great shakes to many I am sure, but when you have been sweltering in 30 degree plus temps for three months, you take th eopportunity to savour it.

NB - I am of course talking in Celsius here! In Argentina at present.....

xor

Say Liam, is your last name Mycroft?

Edited to add: yes, yes it is.  It always helps to click on the profile before asking dumb questions.

Hi Liam.  I am Maniac #111, the dude who runs the maniac calendar. 

Just a dude.

Yay me... Cracked 100 miles for the month today... first month with that many miles...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Yay me... Cracked 100 miles for the month today... first month with that many miles...

-Kelly

and many more to come!!  fantastic job staying consistent, running every day.  and you did it in Feb. the short month and with 2 more days to pad that total!    great job  Kelly

Finished couch to 5K! and ready to run my first 5k ( in 17 years), the O'Hartford on March 14th.