3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November 2014 Racing Thread (Read 36 times)

C-R

So here we go again.

Indiana USATF Master XC 11/15 - 5k goal <20

This should be fun. High on Saturday is expected to be around 34

Actually it was 21 at the start.

19:41!

Chased this one dude the entire way. Found out later he's been something of a big deal in Indiana XC for a long time. Didn't catch him but had a great time.

Ran a 10.5 mile cool down too. Long story.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Nice!  Better keep getting those miles in...Blame Spaniel 5Ks could start in the near future if the snow stays away.  I'll rabbit you to sub-19.

Chased this one dude the entire way. Found out later he's been something of a big deal in Indiana XC for a long time. Didn't catch him but had a great time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good for you and glad that it was a great time!

steph  

C-R

Nice!  Better keep getting those miles in...Blame Spaniel 5Ks could start in the near future if the snow stays away.  I'll rabbit you to sub-19.

I got one monkey off my back and that one is next.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

kcam

Thumbs up!!

Roth Runner 11/15 210K London XC Championships London, UK Squeak into the score 4 for my club  

40 something overall I think and 5th in our team (The top 4 got second team in the London Championships).

Ran 37:37 but it was more like 6 miles than 10k.  Happy with my run out in ankle deep mud but unfortunately I've woken up today with a swollen ankle from were my foot buckled in a hidden hole on the course and I can't walk properly today let alone run.  Hopefully it's just a sprain I can get over quickly but I'm guessing I could be out of the game in the short term

C-R

37 on a bad ankle. Wow. Heal up soon.

An entry for the boy...Ntown Kyle, 11/16, USATF CT XC Jr. Championships, Litchfield, CT, 2k (8yo and under), goal: 11:40?

He's not the fastest kid (yet), but he's been working at it, and we have had a blast "training" for this. Our weekend runs are my favorite run of the week.

A little hat tip to RA, too - he LOVES entering his runs on the log., 

Great experience. First race under his belt - yeah, confirmed he's got a long way to go, but he had a good time, saw all the clubs (and wants to join one) and learned what's possible. 16th out of 17, with 11:17, but a big grin at the end. Good stuff.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                  WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Great experience. First race under his belt - yeah, confirmed he's got a long way to go, but he had a good time, saw all the clubs (and wants to join one) and learned what's possible. 16th out of 17, with 11:17, but a big grin at the end. Good stuff.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

kcam

Congrats NtownKyle!

Nope for me.  Finshed 6th on our 50-59 team (40:38 on a tough course).  But I almost ran down the two guys that finished just ahead of me ... 2 seconds and 5 seconds.  I feel really good about this one as I ran 12 miles yesterday and 6 miles warmup this morning before the race.  My goal race is CIM in December and couldn't really treat this one as a real goal race so not bad.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Aw, very nice!

steph  

C-R

Now this is some good stuff!

This is awesome!  Congrats Ntown Kyle!

Way to run out there!  Maybe you can give us the cliff notes of the story on why you ran a moderately long cool down.  Didn't run hard enough?

21 deg. Celsius? Right?

Nice race out there!

And we run because we like it
                                Through the broad bright land