3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November 2014 Racing Thread (Read 36 times)

kcam

So here we go again.

Indiana USATF Master XC 11/15 - 5k goal <20

This should be fun. High on Saturday is expected to be around 34

C-R - do you run with a club or are you running unattached?

C-R

C-R - do you run with a club or are you running unattached?

A club but we could use some more runners. You game?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

A club but we could use some more runners. You game?

IIRC club runners must be from the state of the club or an adjacent state.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

IIRC club runners must be from the state of the club or an adjacent state.  Wink

Rules shules. We don't need no stinkin badges

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Hey, I'm in an adjacent state. Can I play!

C-R

You can if you're over 40.

Hey, I'm in an adjacent state. Can I play!

kcam

Just wondering.   My favorite racing is XC.  I've run probably 20 to 30 XC races in the last 5 or 6 years.  5 this year so far.

BTW,  USATF Pacific XC championship race is this Sunday in SF's Golden Gate Park.  6.21 miler, tough but fun, usually muddy, iconic course.   Next December (2015) it's the site of the USATF Club National XC Championships - you all should come on out.  Make a vacay out of it.

Im jealous of Mbehr and Ken! One destroys a goal time and the other gets to race XC.

Ran 34:58 on Sunday. Pretty happy about that one. Perfect day in Santa Cruz. No clouds. No wind. First 2.5 miles I ran with a group of five or so. I started falling off the back a bit going up the hills. So, I decided to push a little on the downhill and the group split. First place guy took off and I traded places with another guy through mile five. I really struggled to keep up near Pleasure Point (about half a mile slight uphill to mile 5). But turning onto Opal Cliff was comforting. I went from feeling terrible and struggling at 550 pace, to getting the turnover and cranking it down to sub 540 pace. I coasted the last half mile or so to the finish. It really felt great. It was really nice to have other people set the pace. I hardly looked at my watch and just decided to run whatever they were running. The HILLS!!! Good grief.. at least I know what I have to work on.

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Looks like a good result to me parklife - nice run.

Talking of XC I'm doing the London XC Champs this Saturday, it's been wet recently and it's a hilly course so it could hurt after a weeks vacation - still should be fun (I think).

Roth Runner 11/15 210K London XC Championships London, UK Squeak into the score 4 for my club  

Feeling the growl again

Talking of XC I'm doing the London XC Champs this Saturday, it's been wet recently and it's a hilly course so it could hurt after a weeks vacation - still should be fun (I think).

Roth Runner 11/15 210K London XC Championships London, UK Squeak into the score 4 for my club  

21K?  Otherwise damn, you have some hardcore cross country races over there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Good luck Robin and congrats on that fast 10K, Ben!

You can add me to the November list with this Sunday's USATF Pacific XC Championships.   My goal will be to, as Roth Runner put it so aptly, 'squeek' into the #4 scoring spot for my club (we're talking 50-59's here.)  We had two  guys age up into 50-59 that are fast so now I'm fighting for that #4 scoring spot!  It would be an improvement in fitness for me to get that spot.

kencamet     11/16/ 2015        USATF-Pacific XC Championships (10km)        Golden Gate Park, SF     Score!

Ran 34:58 on Sunday. Pretty happy about that one. Perfect day in Santa Cruz. No clouds. No wind. First 2.5 miles I ran with a group of five or so. I started falling off the back a bit going up the hills. So, I decided to push a little on the downhill and the group split. First place guy took off and I traded places with another guy through mile five. I really struggled to keep up near Pleasure Point (about half a mile slight uphill to mile 5). But turning onto Opal Cliff was comforting. I went from feeling terrible and struggling at 550 pace, to getting the turnover and cranking it down to sub 540 pace. I coasted the last half mile or so to the finish. It really felt great. It was really nice to have other people set the pace. I hardly looked at my watch and just decided to run whatever they were running. The HILLS!!! Good grief.. at least I know what I have to work on.

I'd be happy with that result too.  Nice work out there.

If I missed anyone on the racing log, please speak up.  I caught one miss (C-R) and updated it.  Lot's of good running yet to come in November.  XC season coming to a close before the Turkey Trotters get out there.  Go get 'em.

C-R

Turkey and trots. Yeah. Let the season of over eating begin.

21K?  Otherwise damn, you have some hardcore cross country races over there.

Yeah us Brits are hard, coal for breakfast, 210K cross country and home to the bed of nails at night! Wink

10k for The London XC.

kcam

Let's Trot!

kencamet  11/27/14  10K  Si Valley Turkey Trot  San Jose, Ca   38:30