3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Prince of Fatness

just an FYI from what I've heard the course is tougher then last year!

Oh, and will you be there?

Not at it at all. 

4/2 - Waitarere Half Marathon.  Goal: 1.30.  Yes I'm going to have another try at it.  

Waitarere is "off road" but in fact is actually on fairly hard packed forest roads - so maybe I'm dreaming, maybe not.  Luckily the weather is holding up pretty well here as we head into fall - no rain forecast for the next week.

And congrats Candice - thats awesome Smile

Oh no, it's like April already. Umm.

Nads - good to see you back at it this weekend.  Your Sunday run sounded entertaining....

Oh, and will you be there?

Nope Sad Got family commitments AND I don't think my body is ready for that beat down quite yet.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nads - good to see you back at it this weekend.  Your Sunday run sounded entertaining....

Heh, in a manner of speaking.  Thank, Mike. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

i guess i'll bite on this.  

4/1 - 5K

goal:  sub 15:20

i don't know if i can do this, my body seems to be falling apart, but if it can hold together for a few more days, it might be doable.

Good luck Tim!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

Good luck Tim!!

Your well wishes worked.  Thanks!  Cross posted from the Swamp.....

I'm waiting for official results and had no watch on but I am pretty sure the clock was under 1:17:30 when I finished.  This course was definitely harder than last year, more hilly.  To be honest I was worried more about the downhills. They were like running down a cliff and I was not sure if the legs would appreciate that.  I had a little soreness in my hammy but it really wasn't a distraction.  They were calling splits at the halfway point and I was at 39:25 so I knew I had a chance.  Ended up running a nice negative split.  Pushing through the pain those last couple of miles reminded me how much I missed racing.  Good to be back out there competing.

I am very happy with this.  It is only 5 minutes off of my PR on a harder course.  However, I realize that this is just a checkpoint on my way to a complete comeback.  Much, much more work to do.  Onward.

Not at it at all. 

Double IPA Please!

I'm waiting for official results and had no watch on but I am pretty sure the clock was under 1:17:30 when I finished.  This course was definitely harder than last year, more hilly.  To be honest I was worried more about the downhills. They were like running down a cliff and I was not sure if the legs would appreciate that.  I had a little soreness in my hammy but it really wasn't a distraction.  They were calling splits at the halfway point and I was at 39:25 so I knew I had a chance.  Ended up running a nice negative split.  Pushing through the pain those last couple of miles reminded me how much I missed racing.  Good to be back out there competing.

I am very happy with this.  It is only 5 minutes off of my PR on a harder course.  However, I realize that this is just a checkpoint on my way to a complete comeback.  Much, much more work to do.  Onward.

You did great Tim! It was so nice to see you and chat a bit.

The course was..well..definately harder than last year. I keep telling myself there is no comparison and to be happy with my time- which I think is only like 16 seconds slower. I was not really training for *this* race per say, so Im ok. I did get 2nd in my Ag though, so there is that. I definately hope to see you out there this summer!

Again- awesome job out there today!

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Prince of Fatness

You did great Tim! It was so nice to see you and chat a bit.

Thanks!  Nice work yourself.  You looked like you were running really well when I saw you finishing. Nice visiting with you, too!

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Not a shabby step on the road back, no doubt!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

i guess i'll bite on this.  

4/1 - 5K

goal:  sub 15:20

i don't know if i can do this, my body seems to be falling apart, but if it can hold together for a few more days, it might be doable.

well i failed, rather miserably, however i ran hard and ran most of the race at the pace i wanted.

i was 4:52 at 1600, right where i wanted to be at, 9:50 at 3200 and finished in 15:48

the last 1600 or so was just terrible.  my legs were shot and i was getting into heavy oxygen debt and couldn't keep the pace.

Dude Tater!!! NICE work!!! I forgot to post in advance, but ran the Yakima Valley Canyon Marathon today in 3:28:17. A measly 4 minute PR but dang getting under 3:30 finally sure feels good. Some good hills and an occasional 30mph headwind so I'm not complaining.

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Feeling the growl again

well i failed, rather miserably, however i ran hard and ran most of the race at the pace i wanted.

i was 4:52 at 1600, right where i wanted to be at, 9:50 at 3200 and finished in 15:48

the last 1600 or so was just terrible.  my legs were shot and i was getting into heavy oxygen debt and couldn't keep the pace.

Good shot at it anyways....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills