Beginners and Beyond

Question of the DAILIES (Read 47 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Urgh... I'm bad at hydrating. But I think you're right. I'll grab a glass of water before I head outside. Of course, after I'll have this urgent need to pee, 4 miles away from home, while staring at the ocean. 

LOL.  How many ounces you drink.  For my weather, I have to drink more than 100oz a day. Otherwise, I wake up with a migraine of dehydration (like today, ugh).

Damaris

happylily

Ha! I know you sometimes like to ignore your plan, but what - do you just get up in the morning and look at that day's workout?

Actually I was going to ask whether you are doing the same one B+ was talking about, because I was just curious about the main differences between these kind of plans not in the book vs. the Advanced Plan in the book.

The answer to your question: Yes, that's what I do.  Why stress over certain workouts weeks in advance and dwell over plans which in the end (and I know people won't agree with me...) all amount to pretty much the same thing? I take it one day at a time. On Mondays, I just look at the week's mileage to give me an idea of the time I will have to devote to my runs. I don't look at the specific workouts.

And yes, it must be the same plan, I just checked mine and it does have a 5x1600m @ 5k pace, 5 weeks before race day. I do not have the book. I got my plan from Fuzzy. I think he had to purchase his. It comes with a pretty good explanation of the reason for each workouts and how to execute them.  Of course, I have read none of it. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

LOL.  How many ounces you drink.  For my weather, I have to drink more than 100oz a day. Otherwise, I wake up with a migraine of dehydration (like today, ugh).

If I don't come home completely dehydrated by a LR, I don't drink anything. In a day, I can have 2 coffees, one glass of juice, one of milk and one alcoholic beverage. That's it. Add two or three 8 ounces of water on top if a run was particularly hot.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Damn woman...

go fing drink some water.

Ive had 64 oz of fluid already (1:30 pm) over half is water .  Will well over double that by bedtime.  And I run slightly dehydrated all the time...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I don't come home completely dehydrated by a LR, I don't drink anything. In a day, I can have 2 coffees, one glass of juice, one of milk and one alcoholic beverage. That's it. Add two or three 8 ounces of water on top if a run was particularly hot.

If I were to do that, I would not survive here by March.

My 100oz is not counting what I drink during a run!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damn woman...

go fing drink some water.

Ive had 64 oz of fluid already (1:30 pm) over half is water .  Will well over double that by bedtime.  And I run slightly dehydrated all the time...

Word.

Damaris

LRB

I have been told that I drink way too much water (60 - 100 ounces per day year around regardless of I am training or not) on a dozen occasions by doctors and/or others in that industry and I completely ignore them every time.

The irony is that at some point during those conversations I will be asked how is it that I look so young.  Um, because water hydrates the skin maybe?  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Urgh... I'm bad at hydrating. But I think you're right. I'll grab a glass of water before I head outside. Of course, after I'll have this urgent need to pee, 4 miles away from home, while staring at the ocean. 

Well, then, you just take your shoes off and go into the ocean and  then just sit down in the water and pee!  Problem solved!   

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

I have been told that I drink way too much water (60 - 100 ounces per day year around regardless of I am training or not) on a dozen occasions by doctors and/or others in that industry and I completely ignore them every time.

The irony is that at some point during those conversations I will be asked how is it that I look so young.  Um, because water hydrates the skin maybe?  

Because black don't crack? (I learned that one from a woman explaining her own youthful appearance.)

I would have to add it up, but I do drink a shitload of water every day. And I pee a lot, but that could also just be my age. Which I pretty much look.

Dave

LRB

Because black don't crack? (I learned that one from a woman explaining her own youthful appearance.)

I would have to add it up, but I do drink a shitload of water every day. And I pee a lot, but that could also just be my age. Which I pretty much look.

lol

There is no rhyme or reason for it but the general thinking is blacks age well which I have a hard time with because I know plenty who did not.

I think it is an individual thing as I know tons of non-blacks who look awesome, and tons from all races whom for whatever reason do not.

In any event for me it comes down to hydrating, trying not to stress over shit I cannot control, eating properly and exercising obviously and staying the hell out of the sun!

LRB

I do not have the book. I got my plan from Fuzzy. I think he had to purchase his. It comes with a pretty good explanation of the reason for each workouts and how to execute them.  Of course, I have read none of it. 

All I ever write about is how important the why is.  Do you pay attention to anything I write? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

I have a friend of mine that used Pfitz last year and all of a sudden he is posting a 4 miler at 8mm when his GMP was 10mm. We asked and he said, I got it from Pfitz. We said it's a recovery run, he asks what does that mean. He ended up blaming pfitz for his failure to PR on that race rather than his failure to follow the plan.

Lily is unique, though.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I ask myself that daily...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

His funniest comment was when he claimed Pfitz was not clear about the paces So he just made paces up every day.

Damaris

LRB

Yeah you almost have to know your training paces across the board or you could end up spinning your wheels.