Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Yodel le he hoo (Read 44 times)

Hello dailies:

Cy - when you run at lunch, when do you lunch?

Baboon -  Yay taper sluggishness, it's working

Lauren - oh. emm. gee.

D- Have fun with the heavyweights

Lily - may the 6 go well

Onemile - ugh, too soon for 20s

Zel - 30 and raining hard would be a 100% chance of TM here

T-dot - I figured it's pronounced wahs-ELL, is that wrong?

Mattchiro - good 4.  Define "cold". 

B+ - yes, but runsie on top of what?

D^T - it's almost time, woot!

Rick - a rose, eh?  Did you give her anything in return?

OOTB - no eggs for the framily, and the chickens don't give a cluck.

Sly - get it done

20.55 with the last 5 near MP.  It was blustery and gray, the PM attacked at mile 2, but it doesn't matter because I'm happy to finally throw down a good LR.  It's been for-EVER.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Had the day off yesterday and did a nice Veteran's Day 5K at 3 PM.   Report and photos to be posted tonite sometime.   Today, plan on doing about 4 miiles, but maybe a bit less.  Stupid weather changed overnight, high of only 50 today here and the wind is blowing 20 mph.  Well, at least we have lots of sunshine here in San Antonio, so that's something.

Hope your light rain run went well, Cy.  And hope it's not a cold rain.

Your sluggish is still fast to me, Phil!  Good luck with your miles today.

Your weather sounds actually pretty nice, Lauren.   I ignore the numbers all the time, lol, except those that tell me when it's time to run and when it's time to take a walk break.   Can you go out and run in that fleece stuff? 

Hope your day continues to go well for you, Damaris!

Congrats on your trail miles, FreeSoul, and glad you did not do any faceplants out there in the morning dark.

I am curious, Lily, how are you going to rest your arms when you run?  No arm swing?  Have your DH tie your arms to your side, so they won't swing when you run?  and then just go run....maybe you can be like this guy...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl3xXIbGlMc

Of course, if you ask your DH to tie you up, he may not want you to go run after that..... 

20 degrees!  Dang, onemile....you're braver than I am!

Congrats on getting it done, LRB!

Cold rain, that sucks, Z.   Be careful out there!

Way to go on the long run, Jay!

Matt, as a warm weather person, I don't think there is any such thing as perfect cold weather for running. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hey everyone!

Did 5 easy taper miles this morning.  SRD tomorrow, shakeout run Fri morning, then hit the road for Richmond! (it's only a 3 hour drive, so not bad at all)

I already have my bib, had it mailed to me since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it to the expo, but we'll go check out the expo before we check into the hotel.  Expos are funny now, I remember my first one for my first half marathon, I was all excited, checked out every vendor and bought a bunch of stuff, now I look around for a lil bit, get bored, don't buy anything and leave. lol

Weather is still looking absolutely perfect, should be around 30* for the start and around 40* by the time I finish.

WAY too damn cold for me!    Enjoy your last run on Friday and then safe travel and good luck at the race!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope it warms up very nicely for your run, B-Plus!

Congrats on the 11, OOTB and good luck with the 5 today.   Well, unlike lava, at least your chickens won't be molten.....otherwise, they'd probably have to go to KFC, right?

Good luck with catching up, Slymoon!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a dilemma ya'll, but I wonder if I should  make a separate thread for it............

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rick - a rose, eh?  Did you give her anything in return?

She was opening a flower shop, her first business. I was there to inspect the wiring for it.  I gave her a pep-talk about being in business for yourself and giving it your all so if/when it ends you have no regrets.  There was some other stuff in there about balancing hopes with reality but that was the gist of it.  Anyway, as I was leaving she went to the back room and came out with a rose and said she wanted me to have it. :-)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great LR, Jay!

Damaris

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is that for us?  How nice!

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hmmm....

training run on schedule that is faster than my PRs of said distance...

LRB

Is that for us?  How nice!

I am nothing without my friends.

Why do you think I log onto this stupid site every morning!

LRB

Hmmm....

training run on schedule that is faster than my PRs of said distance...

You need to race!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am nothing without my friends.

Why do you think I log onto this stupid site every morning!

Eh, coffee?

Damaris

LRB

Eh, coffee?

And to see Kim Kardashian's ass, you seen that thing? It has its own birth certificate. lol

Cyberic

Turns out it was sunny during my run. Damn weather forecasts. In this case, I'm not going to complain. Pretty windy though.

Jay - I take no morning break or afternoon break, therefore I take a 90 minutes lunch. I run for about 40-45 minutes. But with the walking to the nearby sports center, changing, showering and walking back... I have about 10 minutes left. By the time I warm the lunch up in the microwave, I end up eating at my desk while working. My boss is OK with that. A lot of us go out for sports at lunch.