Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #29 (Read 29 times)

RunningOnSand

It is, isn't it. My office is one block from the start which might make me come earlier and just try to nap in my office, lol

I think you're the one who actually recommended that I didn't need to get there til 30 min prior to the start! I could have kissed you in retrospect. Best advice ever.

ETA: b/c you all don't know me, I don't really mean kiss you, but I was super grateful. YKWIM. #awkward (me) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL. You can kiss me. But hugging? That might be pushing it, ha.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

LOL. You can kiss me. But hugging? That might be pushing it, ha.

LOL

GinnyinPA

Except for Boston, all my races have been under 1000 runners, including the HM runners. One race was very crowded for the first half, then once the HM folks peeled off, I was pretty much alone, except for a few locals walking their dogs. Since I am used to running alone, it isn't a big deal, but I'd like to try some mid-sized ones.

I ran 7.3 easy miles today. Sunny and 43 - beautiful.

sdWhiskers

There's only 1 race here that I could walk to from my house. 5k that starts and ends at a brewery (good). Also gains 350+ ft over the 5K (bad, very very bad).

bluerun

Super B****

The NYC Half start is walking distance from my house now! I LOVE it. So novel. (I mean, it's not like a five-minute walk or anything, but to not have to take the subway is a dream come true.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I have one annual 5k that starts about 0.75 miles from home. Which I’ve missed the last two years due to being injured. 
                I guess there’s another one nearby that I never knew about, at least they held it last year. By the time I heard about it, I had already signed up for a different race the same weekend. Worked out OK because it was rainy for the nearby race, but nice for the one I ended up doing.

Where I lived in MI was 1 mile from a place where they held a few races every year, it was nice. I even met LRB for the first time at one of them. Anyone remember him?

Dave

onemile

I even met LRB for the first time at one of them. Anyone remember him?

RIP 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got home late plus we had to give Antibiotics to Rubio when I got here so had time for just 6. I'll keep moving my 8 until it happens, lol.

Damaris