Beginners and Beyond

Calm before the storm FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Morning Runners!

Heavy rains are forecasted to move in later this afternoon which is going to mess up the nice trail for tomorrows race. Normally this trail is hard packed cinder like a track but the rain will make some muddy spots and puddles. The wind is supposed to be ridiculous Saturday am as well. 20MPH with with 40+ gusts lol. I will race the best I can.

4M 8:43avg + Drills and 4x100m strides this morning.

Eric- I owe you a HUGE congrats. Sub-3! Wow!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Baboon

delicate flower

I have not run this week.  It was my intention to, but walking around the Disney parks 10-12 miles and 8-10 hours every day has worn me out.  I fear what the scale will say when I hop back on it tomorrow, and I need to go on a junk food detox when the trip is over.  When it's over though, so today will be more calorie loading. 

<3

Cyberic

Run commute day. Still don't feel like picking up the training. I'm content with just my little jog every day.

Jay, I wish you a good race tomorrow. Hopefully the trail will be runnable and the winds manageable. Thanks for the sub-3.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Good luck Tomorrow, Jay!

I did 90 minutes on the trainer.  The rain hit us overnight, and will last until this afternoon.  It was 50 this morning, and will be dropping all day,  with 20s and a strong north wind in the morning.  meh, winter can suck it.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

Busy week! Lots of work. Was up late finishing a project and have a couple more I want to crank through today, but first, to run - 10 or 12 with a fast finish, probably. Can't do a long run over the weekend (husband is away, home with the child and puppy) and I'll actually be able to go to club track practice on Monday, so today it is!

DavePNW

8 miles.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

15 miles ... on the trainer.  I guess it beats sitting on my ass, but it does NOT beat diving, which I miss already, and running, which I can do in three more days.  Not that I'm counting down, or anything.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

15 miles ... on the trainer.  I guess it beats sitting on my ass, but it does NOT beat diving, which I miss already, and running, which I can do in three more days.  Not that I'm counting down, or anything.

What is the impossible? A sub-5:50?

bluerun

Super B****

No... I'm a little sick of chasing mile goals after spending three years on it.  Something else, but it's amorphous so I couldn't really say.

chasing the impossible

onemile

sub-20 5k! (but that is totally doable, not impossible but a good one to chase next)

bluerun

Super B****

sub-20 5k! (but that is totally doable, not impossible but a good one to chase next)

I think it would be "fun" to see if I manage a sub-20 5K or a sub-1:30 HM first.  I'd bet on the second, since I'm better at longer distances to the extent that I was sure I'd manage a sub-20 5K before a sub-6 mile... which might have happened if I hadn't been such a disaster this summer.

chasing the impossible

onemile

I think it would be "fun" to see if I manage a sub-20 5K or a sub-1:30 HM first.  I'd bet on the second, since I'm better at longer distances to the extent that I was sure I'd manage a sub-20 5K before a sub-6 mile... which might have happened if I hadn't been such a disaster this summer.

I think I sub-20 5k is "equivalent" to around a 1:32. I had a LOT easier time with the 1:32.  But it was a year and a half after running sub-20 that I went sub-1:30.  McMillan says a 1:29:59 is equivalent to a 19:26 5k.

And then there is the sub-40 10k goal...

bluerun

Super B****

I think I sub-20 5k is "equivalent" to around a 1:32. I had a LOT easier time with the 1:32.  But it was a year and a half after running sub-20 that I went sub-1:30.  McMillan says a 1:29:59 is equivalent to a 19:26 5k.

Yeah, see... I think a 19:26 5K is impossible for me, but not 1:29:59.  Not that I can do it now, but I can see myself being able to do it one day.  It probably helps that I basically only run 5Ks in the summer when the weather is awful, and half marathons tend to be in the fall or spring.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Sigh.

Dave

DavePNW

Of course everyone's different. I am doubtful I will ever get to sub-20, but there's some non-zero chance; I'm pretty sure I couldn't run a 1:32 in a billion years.

Dave