Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES For Wednesday (Read 50 times)

Ball of Fury

Just swimming today.

I'm in taper and the spring allergies are killing me. I feel like my head weighs 1,000 pounds

and I don't feel like running today so I'm not!LOL  

Plus since I'm in taper I figured I should cut down on the doubles 3 times/week, which for me

means either swim/run or bike/run. For the next 11 days I'm only doing one workout per day. Then

on the 12th day I shall run a marathon.Smile

Pink and Ami, thinking good running thoughts for both you ladies.

Have a good day folks.

Thank you Beth!!  I was going to try a short run today but I am still really sore from the cortisone and limping a bit so I did abs and my hip strengthening exercises like a good girl!  Hope your allergies are better!  Are you going to go all crazy like Taper Bruce...that would be awesome!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Hip Redux

The lawn has been mowed.   .9 acres in 55 minutes.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

3 miles with the running partner, done.

LRB

The lawn has been mowed.   .9 acres in 55 minutes.

An activity I once actually found great joy in, I now loath with the magnetic pull of a dozen moons!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ran 3 miles. Halfway through, a little old lady said "Great job! Keep up the good work!" Made my day.

Jess runs for bacon

10.6 miles biking done and a 2.5 mile walk on the TM (so I could get some work done). When I had my last job I always loved the idea of a TM desk, and now that I am on my own I finally realized today I could do it. Execution was a little rough but it was fun.

Just B.S.

Thank you Beth!!  I was going to try a short run today but I am still really sore from the cortisone and limping a bit so I did abs and my hip strengthening exercises like a good girl!  Hope your allergies are better!  Are you going to go all crazy like Taper Bruce...that would be awesome!

This year has been particularly bad for some reason. My head has been in a vice for 2 weeks.Smile

I have food, chemical and environmental allergies so some days are really bad.

I've been racing and training  pretty much continuously for a long time and  ran my first half in 2003,

25 halfs ago. So I guess I'm unusual in that i actually love taper. For me I look at it as a nice little rest

until I start training for the next thing.

And besides after Taper Bruce I don't think anyone else can really do justice to the term Taper

Madness.

DavePNW

So I am at this concert now, and so far I am the oldest person I have seen by at least 25 years.

Dave

Hip Redux

So I am at this concert now, and so far I am the olseat person I have seen by at least 25 years.

Geezer!  :P

LRB - and that's only PART of the yard.  I pay someone else to do the rest of it..   Next time we buy a house - yard maintenance will be examined more closely.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

An activity I once actually found great joy in, I now loath with the magnetic pull of a dozen moons!

Ah yes, lawn mowing.  Nicely done.  Today I vaccuumed.  That is a chore I have always loathed, so I went in with low expectations.  Honestly, I'd rather run a 5-mile tempo.  And I hate tempos.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

Ah yes, lawn mowing.  Nicely done.  Today I vaccuumed.  That is a chore I have always loathed, so I went in with low expectations. Honestly, I'd rather run a 5-mile tempo.  And I hate tempos.

That puts it into perspective lol!

DavePNW

Geezer!  :P

OK, just got back from crowd-surfing.
                          I do see someone here slightly less cool than me -- there is a mom in her seat reading her Kindle.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

OK, just got back from crowd-surfing.
                            I do see someone here slightly less cool than me -- there is a mom in her seat reading her Kindle.

Hahaha.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2.65 run/walking miles with DH.  Almost 10 for the day.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

2.65 run/walking miles with DH.  Almost 10 for the day.

Is DH seriously working to become a runner?  If so, congrats to the both of you!

Running for TJ because he can't.