Beginners and Beyond

Wake up! Its MonDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

Good Morning Runners!

I'm a little fatigued this morning even though I got a solid 10hrs of sleep on Saturday night. My hip was still nagging all day Sunday. I did a ton of roam rolling and some stretching. Almost feels like its on the outside of my hip right around that little bone you feel on the side. Just a little sore...doesn't feel like anythings actually injured. It felt better waking up this morning but not a 100%. Decided to keep this run super easy 7mi 9:17avg. No pain whatsoever while running and feels perfectly fine for now post run.

Going to take a little Vitamin I for the next 2 days also just to help it calm down. Will run easy tomorrow also.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 11 in light rain with heavy wind.  Cold weather will be here in the morning.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 miles tonight. Maybe weights too.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

9 on the AlterG.  It may be time to suck it up and break out a new pair of the shorts, which hurts my heart because they are SO DAMN EXPENSIVE.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Happy Monday, kids!  Today is a swim and run day for me.  I got the swim done before work.  Run tonight.  I am pleased at how not sore my legs are today after yesterday's LR.  That tells me the pace and effort was fine.

<3

Dave

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking on 8 later. Lot of nice LRs everyone!

Wow!  What a LR Baboon! If you can do that, I'd be thinking sub-3:10!  Weather is always the biggy for sure.

Ginny: Massive PR!  Congratulations! Did they make you pee in a cup after?

Onemile: Lol!  Think you are ready for a taper!  I never did like a long swing cycle, but a lot of pros do them.

Bread: Looks like you are ready for a massive PR!

Blue: Nice job on the trail race! Only falling once is pretty good.

KCRuns

Good morning! I still need to go through yesterday's posts, but it sounds like some good running was done!

The front of my hip/upper thigh was bothering me so I took an USRD yesterday and went to the Bears game instead.  Thankfully they won!  Going to continue to rest today and tomorrow as I still have some discomfort.  I have a 15k this weekend and I want to make sure I'm good for that.

zzyzx

Forgot to post yesterday. Frustrating day on the elliptical: 32 minutes 3.15 miles, 3.20 is the minimum I accept. I've gotten out of elliptical shape (still OK bike and running but I have three kinds of exercise) and I need to start working. This never ending cold isn't really helping.

Today was abs, shoulder and triceps. Then I did the exercise bike. Hill setting, level 13 was going to be 30 minutes but it blew up at 28:30 so I called it good. 9.52 miles.

bluerun

Super B****

Blue: Nice job on the trail race! Only falling once is pretty good.

That barely even counts as falling!  (Not that I'm complaining.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hi everyone. Lots of good LRs everywhere. I am glad for all and quite jealous as I have to take it easy this week since I am tapering and also suffering some knee pain...

15 week prep for my first HM are coming to an end this weekend. I have started slow from a solid base and peaked about 4 weeks ago. I am not really happy with my mileage (avg of 24mpw) but it is what it is.  I followed the Jack Daniels plan which was quite diverse. My goal pace is 8:55 and should have allowed me to stay below 2hrs but since I had a 5 day break last week due to the knee I am not sure it will be possible. I will take it easy and go out at my goal pace as long as I can.

I will take a week off from running after the race this coming Sunday and then try to increase the days per week to 5 in total. If I do that gradually I hope to remain injury free.

I will come back on Sunday to report back how it went.

Happy running everyone!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up people?

Last week was pretty much a rest week.... mainly because my son foiled my plans to get a long run in yesterday but hey, maybe it's for the best. I was able to get up this morning and head to the gym for Bis, Tris, and Chest with some Legs thrown in there. It was a great work out, especially considering that I woke up feeling like crap.

No automatic alt text available.

Then I changed in the locker room and headed out the gym door for was was a planned 3-4 miles but ended up with 5. It rained, there were puddles and I soaked my shoes and socks but you know what........ sometimes running in the rain is a lot like therapy.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I need to go back and read all the stuff that went down over the weekend.

I failed to get any running in on Friday, so it ended up a short week mileage wise.  Finished it out with 6 on Saturday, easy, and 10 on Sunday (3 w/u; 3 at somewhere around 10 mile pace; 4 cool down).  OFR, it was supposed to be 2 cool down, but I wanted to grab a couple extra miles so the week wouldn't look so sad.

I drug my ass out of bed this morning, which was an accomplishment in and of itself given my lack of motivation on Mondays of late.  Much coffee was had, then got in 6 easy.

I think we're getting a dog on Tuesday.  We already have a dog (8 month old yellow lab), but hub's partner has a domestic situation and needs a home for his dog, and I can't say no.  The dog is a Great Dane, Leroy (of course).  This is either a really stupid idea, or it's going to be fine.  Either way, I'm stocking up on wine after work to prepare for all eventualities.

I need to go back and read all the stuff that went down over the weekend.

I failed to get any running in on Friday, so it ended up a short week mileage wise.  Finished it out with 6 on Saturday, easy, and 10 on Sunday (3 w/u; 3 at somewhere around 10 mile pace; 4 cool down).  OFR, it was supposed to be 2 cool down, but I wanted to grab a couple extra miles so the week wouldn't look so sad.

I drug my ass out of bed this morning, which was an accomplishment in and of itself given my lack of motivation on Mondays of late.  Much coffee was had, then got in 6 easy.

I think we're getting a dog on Tuesday.  We already have a dog (8 month old yellow lab), but hub's partner has a domestic situation and needs a home for his dog, and I can't say no.  The dog is a Great Dane, Leroy (of course).  This is either a really stupid idea, or it's going to be fine.  Either way, I'm stocking up on wine after work to prepare for all eventualities.

Best to play it safe.

Dave

RunningOnSand

LM, Yay! Welcome to the new family member! I've heard Danes make awesome dogs. How old is Leroy? PS nice job on dragging thy ass out of bed.

Ginny, holy freaking amazing PR!!!!

JayB, hoping it's nothing.

Bread, your paces always amaze me. The key situation sounds sucky though. Grr.

Bluerun, I feel your pain.

FreeSoul, Yes, running in the rain does feel a lot like therapy. Great description.

I got in an easy 4.6 miles today. My coach has me working on speed - so this week I'm doing both tempo and some interval work. (Where is the scared emoticon?) Tomorrow I shall kick ass.