Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Coming out of the final turn like a Boss (Read 35 times)

LRB

Hi.

It snowed again here but nothing significant. If nothing else at least now it looks like winter (for the record, I am NOT complaining!).

I just had spinach pie for breakfast and will head out to run once it settles (don't judge, that shit was delicious). The sun is peeking in and out so this might be a run with sunglasses. I haven't had a single one of those while I've been off, which indicates just how grey and depressing it's been up in here up in here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Getting some lunch soon so I can hit the gym TM at 3pm for my 21 miler.  Sigh.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So how many TMs will you break in 21 miles?  I'm waiting for the gym to ban you because you keep breaking them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello.  I ran 14 miles.

<3

Cyberic

Ran an easy 10K wearing the 12mm drop Mizuno Riders. Felt great. Didn't feel anything, actually. Tomorrow I'll probably take the 8mm Saucony Rides out for a spin.

RunningOnSand

Do they kick you off the equipment after 30-60min? Our gyms have a policy in which, if it’s during peak hours, or if they are all full, we can’t be on a TM for longer than that.

RunningOnSand

Ran an easy 10K wearing the 12mm drop Mizuno Riders. Felt great. Didn't feel anything, actually. Tomorrow I'll probably take the 8mm Saucony Rides out for a spin.

🎉👌😎

todays a rest day for me.

Hip Redux

Hello running peoples, I actually have a running question for you.

We have a fairly wide-range of paces in our trail running group.   We do social runs that try to accommodate everyone but every once and a while - because of the terrain or who shows-  it becomes logistically hard to not lose people in the woods.  lol 

So I'm trying to come up with a weekly run that ties together the different paces in like a fartlek or speedplay games kind of thing.  I KNOW I've seen a list, either here or on the interwebs somewhere, for something like this, but I am striking out.   Halp.

I'm thinking something like - two pace groups - one slower, one faster.   Faster group runs ahead for 1-2 minutes, sprints back to the slower group.  Slower group surges ahead at a faster pace until faster group recovers and regroups with them (given the pace differential possible this won't take too long lol).  Repeat sequence.

LRB

I KNOW I've seen a list, either here or on the interwebs somewhere, for something like this, but I am striking out.   Halp.

You?? GASP! 😱

Lord help us all, hell hath frozen over. lol

LRB

I'm thinking something like - two pace groups - one slower, one faster.   Faster group runs ahead for 1-2 minutes, sprints back to the slower group.  Slower group surges ahead at a faster pace until faster group recovers and regroups with them (given the pace differential possible this won't take too long lol).  Repeat sequence.

I could be wrong but I believe it was Lauren. who was looking to solve a similar issue for speedwork at the track.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 1 hour on the trainer.  My son is in from Seattle, so for the next few days I may spend more time drinking beer than working out.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Hip Redux

You?? GASP! 😱

Lord help us all, hell hath frozen over. lol

I KNOW!

And I don't really have access to a track... we do have access to a rail trail and a 3/4 mile loop around a reservoir that would suffice, I think.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I go back to the high drops when my achilles is achy, so it helps let it rest a bit.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do they kick you off the equipment after 30-60min? Our gyms have a policy in which, if it’s during peak hours, or if they are all full, we can’t be on a TM for longer than that.

Since I wrecked one TM yesterday halfway through my run, I didn't see whether the TM would stop at 60 minutes.  Unless the gym is full, they don't kick you out.  The TM might stop but you can always restart.  They won't be full on the last Sunday of the year and they have 30 TMs.

Damaris

zzyzx

I'm in NYC for the Phish New Year's run and I did my traditional run across the Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn and back. 2.9 miles (starting at my hotel) at 8:52. I'll take it.