Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 35 times)

DavePNW

We'll have morning daylight in something like two weeks if memory serves me correctly. We'll then lose it after about two weeks (don't get me started on that! ) and plunge back into darkness until sometime in early April.

Yeah, that is so disheartening. I already started seeing it at the end of my runs (before I had to move indoors this week). Cost of all the damn batteries for my Noxgear vest may bankrupt me first.

Dave

RunningOnSand

We'll have morning daylight in something like two weeks if memory serves me correctly. We'll then lose it after about two weeks (don't get me started on that! ) and plunge back into darkness until sometime in early April.

This is seriously one of the biggest mind fucks. I hate it.

RunningOnSand

Also. Totally random.

What vitamins do you take? Do you guys take a daily multivitamin? Or no?

DavePNW

Also. Totally random.

I have never taken a vitamin in my life. And I'm still alive, more or less. I've always assumed I should be able to get whatever I need from food.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I take vitamin Advil.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Similar dilemma. Mid-upper 30's here during the day, but still below freezing at night. I have a workout scheduled for tomorrow, and do not want to do it on the treadmill, but no idea of the condition of the trail. I assume it is in bad shape. I was going to test it today on my short easy run, but chickened out.

In times like this, I swing by the trail during my drive home and check it out.  I can see the trail clearly from the road.  Right now it is covered in snow and ice.  Sad!

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

We'll have morning daylight in something like two weeks if memory serves me correctly. 

Dammit, you got me all excited but it is actually a month away.  THANKS, LRB.    As an after work runner, I welcome the later sunset.

<3

DavePNW

I take vitamin Advil.

"Vitamin I", I believe they call it. I don't really even take that except in rare circumstances, usually not running-related.

The drugs I take regularly are all for my asthma & allergies.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

"Vitamin I", I believe they call it. I don't really even take that except in rare circumstances, usually not running-related.

The drugs I take regularly are all for my asthma & allergies.

I take a Claritin before my morning swims due to pool/chlorine allergies.

<3

Cyberic

Cut down on the WU and on the CD to put in a 30 minutes at Threshold HR workout. I had my watch's display on HR alone. Pace obviously went down as the run went on. I wonder how much slower I would have gotten had I kept at this for an hour. Maybe I would have slowed down to a little above MP, and then it would prove that LRB's comprehension of Daniels' chart was right on.

Paces (for each KM split) were 6:21, 6:21, 6:28, 6:28, 6:29, 6:28, 6:36 and a last 0.48 km at 6:33.

sdWhiskers

Also. Totally random.

None. Just iron supplement

LRB

I have never taken a vitamin in my life. And I'm still alive, more or less. 

How ironic,  I take Alive. Not every day because there should be balance with everything, but a multi and a B complex supplement has been a thing for me since my late 20s.

Not saying that anyone should, just that I do.

Baboon

delicate flower

Paces (for each KM split) were 6:21, 6:21, 6:28, 6:28, 6:29, 6:28, 6:36 and a last 0.48 km at 6:33.

<3

Cyberic

I'm pretty sure that's Transact SQL.

I put all the paces in minutes per mile for you. It's just that my splits were 1km long.

Runshortii

Also. Totally random.

I take a women’s daily vitamin and krill oil daily