Masters Running

Friday, November 18 Runs and Giggles (Read 589 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey....this is the same picture that shut down the - "lets find Timbo a date" thread, that Carolyn started. LOL, quite amusing how that went :+)

And Carolyn....after alllll of that - no dates Joking

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

You know the old joke...YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook are merging to offer a new service....

...You Twit Face. 

[insert groan here]

I heard it differently.... Facebook and MySpace were merging... "hey honey, look who's on MyFace!"

You know what it's called when you have an unusually large forehead, right? A five-head!

Rosie, loved that joke!

SteveP, I'm speechless, on both sets of photos...

Thank goodness for puppies!

Missed yoga class this morning, but that's OK. Drove to the neighborhood of next week's 8k, parked the car on a side street and with map in hand, I set out to run the 5 miles. First turn in 1.7 miles, check.... well I hit 2 miles and the street name never came up. So I doubled back to where the road forked (of course following the wise Yogi's instructions to "take it") and ran there. Hmm, now the street's name is different, and still no turn for the street I'm looking for. So I went another half mile, turned around and headed back in the direction where I parked. Still had another 3/4 mile to go as I pass the side street... and it occurs to me that I've gone in the complete opposite direction, south instead of north. Not sure how that happened, but whatever, I ran my 5 miles... and the race next week will be a surprise course after all.

TammyinGP

Tammy, how 'bout the one with the firemen?

you mean the dalamatians, right? let's see . . ..

oh yeah, here it is!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Speaking of male models....when I was in high school I posed in front of the art classes in bikini underwear for them to draw me.

Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hey, guys, don't you just hate it when we're objectified?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Marathon Maniac #3309

Yeah....hate that Smile

I feel kinda funny saying this, but Mike E looks good. Hope I didn't make you feel uncomforatable Mike.  I wonder too, how Carolyn could just readily come up with that picture to post - hum

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Jlynne

SmileSmileSmile  It cost $300 to get our garage door opener fixed, the estimate on the furnace is over $8,000. Thanks for bringing a smile to a really crappy (and expensive) day you guys.

Slo

Jlynne

Do they offer the home buyer warranty in your parts. It's pretty much standard here now that a home seller buys a 1 year warranty that covers the homes mechanicals like Furnace, AC, dishwasher, etc.

We had it on our home purchase and ended up using it to put a new AC unit in.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

poor lynn, you might as well move to Florida.

tammy - I don't know how to do it but go ahead and post that hot tub one if you want, maybe the lycra cyclists too.

ps - this thread is like a mirror image of springtime fancies.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

I'm sorry Tet. I now longer have the hottub pic. And I don't think I've ever had lycra cyclists? doesn't ring a bell to me.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

maybe that's why ilene's been lying low.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

This is one my all time favorite runs. It's pretty and its just about running and runners. I think Monkey should be next fall's Master's meet up. I'm sure the RD would be helpful. What do you say Holly?

I LOVED the Monkey!  The LOVELIEST road race I have run, EXTREMELY fun, LOTS of door prizes, GREAT people, EXCELLENT Race Director, and quite a spread of food and beer afterward!  And the motel (Microtel, I think?), something like 2 miles from the start, was clean and inexpenseive ($53/night).  I would do it again in a heart beat.  But next time I will stay two nights, the night before, and the night after, so I can stay and enjoy the beer instead of having to hit the road right away.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Orange Mat...I don't worry about where I go either..Just run run run!

I would like to chase a Monkey too!

SteveP, I'm speechless, on both sets of photos...

Thank goodness for puppies!

Free to good home. One Dad. He's good with people and kids. He's just become too much for me to handle.

We did go run run run very far today. But I had to stay on a leash and did not get ice cream. 

Sniffing Butts, Tag

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Oh, Tammy, you know how to make a girl happy.

Am waiting to board a ferry back to Victoria after a day spent in the Big Smoke, writing a professional exam. (I passed.)

If I feel like it when I get home, will spin for half an hour in the garage, but may instead decide to prepare for the world's stupidest XC race tomorrow by drinking wine instead. I am sure Gunner Shaw would have done it this way. http://pih.bc.ca/gunner-show.html

I wonder if I still have that classic photo of Tetsujin-San at the Pink Door, all a-wrapped in women. Will go look.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sally, Sally, you've been drinking too much wine already (or was it the exam).

That was divechief, I'm sure, . . i think.