Masters Running

Tuesday runs and such (Read 506 times)

8 miles yesterday, before the storms came through, 80 degrees at the start of morning run.  I lifted in PM.  Planning on an easy PM run today 3-4 miles, with possible 5k Thursday PM.  Nieces wedding went well, she was lovely, Father-inlaw did the ceremony, the whole thing only lasted 15 minutes.  It was outside with little shade and highs near 90 degrees, so we were happy it was short.  My singing was OK, not my best performance , but not my worst for sure.  Several small mishaps, brides father's pants unzipped, all through ceremony and reception.  Father-inlaw forgetting his dress pants at home.  DW forgetting her belt for her skirt, father of bride losing his tie, who knows where before the ceremony.  Cake started melting so the cake got cut and served rally early.  Run well all.

Dave59

Was the father-in-law wearing pants when he did the ceremony?  (Sounds like a line from the David Letterman show.)

I took a long time to get up this morning, so my plans to go over to a park and runs some trails and hills was put on hold.  I did run a 4.5 mile loop around the neighborhood.  As I was coming home, I decided to add another little mile loop, but first I stopped in the house and got a pot of coffee brewing so it would be ready when I returned. I am addicted to the stuff.

Marathon Maniac #957

Derrick - too funny!

I was feeling low on mojo this morning, so I bagged my intended 800s and ran some extra hills instead.  Besides, with the oppressive  H&H right now and a slight cooling trend on the way, probably better to do those on Thursday.  That's what I told myself, anyway.....

7 miles total

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

Derrick -- I wish I could have been at that wedding, that's the fun stuff that they will look back on and smile about.

3.2 miles with Miss Rosie this morning, I think she may have been leaving a trail, but was very stealth about it.  Embarrassed

Red sky in the morning...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Jlynne

Unzipped pants ALL through the ceremony and reception? I hope it's not noticeable on all of the wedding pictures Blush Glad everything else went well, and nice run Derrick.

Dave - what's your favorite brand of coffee? I always ask, as I'm still looking for the perfect stuff. Starbucks is just okay IMO.

Holly - the H&H is finally breaking here, at least for a couple of days. i couldn't believe how much nicer it was this morning. How long does it take you to get to work now?

Nice to see posts from Skip, Cranium and Dive yesterday. Wish you guys would pop in more often.

The mosquitoes here are unbelievable! I can't even step on our patio without getting attacked. I've given up on a nice wooded trail near our home until they let up a little (which could be November). 6 miles this morning at a 13:53 pace.  I'm also sad to report a death in our family. John Doe, my goldfish passed away some time during the night at the ripe old age of 2.  I gave him the "royal flush" this morning and I hope he's doing well in fish heaven. I ma;y stop after work to get John Doe II Smile

Mike E

MM #5615

"John Doe", you say...hmmm...sounds a little fishy, to me...

Well--I haven't even tried to run since Saturday.  The only exercise I've done is I mowed the lawn.  My heel still hurts...a lot.  I'm a bit worried...

short version

...32-min poolrun....

=========

...better version......

when I showed up today, I saw a lady-swimmer knocking out laps as easily as a seal in the water......

The

Leader of The Iron Maidens was back.

these are

3 TriAthletes

who literally LOOK like FashionModels (think Cheryl Tiegs here)

..........which is a By-Product of their HardCore Training.

I am

the only mortal

allowed to speak to them

(for 20-years I have been telling TheLeader to STAY OFF THE CONCRETE)

she just had knee surgery

the knee is healing fine,

she's just started back Biking

and I told her about My Soccer Fields

THE COOL PART

........the look I got from the 20-year old LifeGuard as I was putting back my Flotation Vest.......Smile

A Runner is A Runner

and

I am as Happy as she is

to see her back Training, which she loves.

but the Psych-Out was Fun Too/////

perhaps

I have

an EvilSide.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Dave - what's your favorite brand of coffee? I always ask, as I'm still looking for the perfect stuff. Starbucks is just okay IMO.

Jlynne - My favorite place to get coffee is the Coffee Fool (http://www.coffeefool.com/).  It is consistently fresh.  My favorite dark roast is Velvet Hammer and my favorite medium roast is Papua New Guinea.  Just cutting open a new bag is an experience I look forward too. Roll eyes  But anywhere you can get it freshly roasted is good. 

I mostly drink plain old black coffee either in the drip machine, or the french press.  I haven't advanced yet to my own espresso machine.  I save that for when I am out.

The coffee inside Seroogy's Chocolates (in De Pere) sure smelled good, but I didn't have any.  I did get some good chocolate covered espresso beans that I just recently finished off.   You live in a great place.  It would be nice if my daughter could get a full time job there when she graduates so I have an excuse to visit.

Maniac 505

Mike:

sorry about your heal,  hope it gets better soon,  a few years ago (after 12 marathons in 12 months) I had an injured heal that I miss diagnosed as a stress fracture.  After 6 weeks of no improvement I went to my doctor and was sent to a podiatrist.  He diagnosed Bursitis,  gave me a couple of steroid shots and fit me with some orthotics.  I have been running pain free for a couple of years now.  Good luck. 

Mariposai

"John Doe", you say...hmmm...sounds a little fishy, to me...

Well--I haven't even tried to run since Saturday.  The only exercise I've done is I mowed the lawn.  My heel still hurts...a lot.  I'm a bit worried...

MikeE, take care of that heel. If it hurts a lot then it may be time to have an official diagnosis. Good for you for not running since Sat. Take care.

Jlynne, no mosquitoes here, they air sprayed the city yesterday morning.

Erika's post about having ran 14 days straight made me go back to my calendar and I found out that I have not had a day off since before the Seattle Rock and Roll marathon (( normally I tend to take a day off when the body tells me we need to rest) but this time around I just felt great to I kept on running, but I forced myself to take TOTAL day off yesterday. 

This morning, 3 miles with my DH, who at the half way turn around announced  that  it is time for him to up his weekend runs to 5 miles. Surprised  I did not say a word... I just  smiled big. After we returned home I ran 2 more miles for a total of 5 for this cool day.  

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

#artbydmcbride

jlynne, how will you know if the new goldfish is John Doe or Jane Doe?

Track workout last night, ladder style; 600m, 400m, 200m, 400m, 600m, 400m, 200m, 400m, 600m, with warmups and cool down and form drills.  

Runners run

lamerunner

Good morning.  Sorry to hear  about John Doe!  Good fish name though.  I conffess I do like Starbucks coffee, at least the French Roast.

Grea story Tom W!

6.5 miserable miles this morning. Over 80 degrees and extremely humid at 6:45 a.m. Plus I was tired. I know the runners in Texas and Florida have no sympathy, but we are not used to this in NH, and  we don't have A/C so sleeping is not great either. JTWILI would not be truthful!  i did not take my usual Monday rest day this week either so maybe that is a factor.  I think the humidity is supposed to decrease later in the week.

DD's 18th birthday today!

Jlynne

jlynne, how will you know if the new goldfish is John Doe or Jane Doe?

Janes have longer eyelashes Big grin

Sorry you're still hurting Mike. Might be time for medical intervention???

How cool about your DH Mariposai. You'll have that guy running marathons in no time!

Happy 18th birthday to your DD Lame. I remember mine - voted for McGovern that year....

King of PhotoShop

Holly and Lame, one dollar each.  You know where to send them.

Nice workout Ilene.

Was great to see that post by Skip.  Who says these ultra people aren't fast?  To run a 15K in the summer in 60 minutes is a very nice time.

Swamped with work but will get back to twocat on that wave post.  Meanwhile, I think Bill had some comments about it as well and I know others would like to hear them.   Spareribs

Our regular coffee pot died a few weeks ago, and since it's basically just been me for the last 2.5 months, I've been using the single cup maker my dad got me a number of years ago.  Alas, it gave up the ghost this morning.  The Hub had to resort to placing the filter of coffee grinds over a cup and pouring hot water in.  I waited 'til I got to work.  Looked nasty.

Mike - Maybe you should go get a professional opinion re the heel.

MD - Thanks for the smiles this a.m.!

Just pull up the fish's tail to determine if it's a Jane or a Joe.

TomW - Big grinBig grinBig grin

The foot wasn't right last night, so I decided against running this morning.  I have what I assume will be my last appt with the foot doc this afternoon, after which I'll go pool run.  Haven't been there in almost two weeks.  It'll probably kill me. Am thinking I'll lay low on the idea of trying to run again until Saturday.  Any kind of ache, twinge, etc., makes me very nervous.  The kinda funny part about me running a little bit last Saturday - going downhill.  I'm not paranoid, but it does make me nervous since it was a sweet technical downhill run that laid me up in the first place.  However, it's easier to run downhill than it is to walk downhill, so I need to just get over it. Evil

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance